Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

anna080 wrote: »
    ^^^ are you permanently parked there on lookout? :D

Ha, no, just permanently disorganised and seem to need to go to Lidl for something every fookin day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ha, no, just permanently disorganised and seem to need to go to Lidl for something every fookin day.

Its Ballycullen and I agree about the eejit parked there but its one of the most disorganised and badly laid out car parks anyway . They need lines and a more recognisable parking plan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its Ballycullen and I agree about the eejit parked there but its one of the most disorganised and badly laid out car parks anyway . They need lines and a more recognisable parking plan

There are lines, people just seem to think they don't apply to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I can't find the end on a roll of sellotape. Trivial, yet annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

madmaggie wrote: »
    when you biting it because you can't find the scissors and you end up with a mouthfull of little bits of tape. Ptooie...pyuach!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

I keep “losing” my glasses. Today they were hooked onto the top of my jersey- I was wearing - while I searched

I keep “losing” my glasses. Today they were hooked onto the top of my jersey- I was wearing - while I searched

I've searched the house for twenty minutes to find them on top of my head.

More than once. :(

Candie wrote: »
    I've searched the house for twenty minutes to find them on top of my head.

More than once. :(

One I couldn’t find my glasses, searching, no luck, I’ll use 2nd pair. When I walk I push classss up on top of my head. Friend meets me, “why have u two pairs of glasses on top of your head???”

True story. I usually find the first putting the second on!

One I couldn’t find my glasses, searching, no luck, I’ll use 2nd pair. When I walk I push classss up on top of my head. Friend meets me, “why have u two pairs of glasses on top of your head???”

True story. I usually find the first putting the second on!

It'd be easier if I wore them all the time, but becuse I just wear them for reading they're on and off all day and just asking to be mislaid!

TA at my stupid eyesight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I feel like a teabag that was used to make three cups of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

That bloody VP VI Poo advert on TV. Dirty, smelly bastards, the lot of them!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Slow drivers. The beige sweater wearing, bland magnolia wallpaper, po faced, nasally bastards "it's a limit it not a target" ****. Please die.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭pavb2

When you pull into the side of the road or inside lane to allow an ambulance or emergency services vehicle through and before you can pull back into your slot someone else comes tearing up, wont let you out and takes up your previous position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA of the glasses theme, I am so blind that if I misplace my glasses I actually can't see them to find them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Just pure exhausted, I didn't even realise I was sick again because I feel fine, but no, there's an impressive colony of staph aureus in my phlegm alright :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I am missing a tooth on my top jaw. It was a baby tooth. For some reason the adult one never appeared. My jaw is out of alignment and my bottom tooth kept digging into the top baby one until eventually it wore through the enamel and the top tooth had to come out.

I went to the dentist to see about getting an implant. They did a scan and it turns out the adult "missing" tooth is still there, it just grew crooked. The dentist said I'll have to get it surgically removed or in the next year or two it could cause my two front teeth to fall out :eek: Overall, to fix the one gap in my teeth will cost €8,000 :eek::eek::eek:

€500 to get the lost tooth removed.
    €4,500 to put on braces for a year to fix the overbite.
    €3,000 for an implant.

I simply don't have that kind of money so either I live with a gap or I start signing up to Sugar Daddy websites :D:pac:

Candie wrote: »
    It'd be easier if I wore them all the time, but becuse I just wear them for reading they're on and off all day and just asking to be mislaid!

TA at my stupid eyesight!

90% of the time they are on top of my head. I’m not so blind that I need them but if I need to concentrate from long periods or see things at distance I do. My lazy eye is quite strong but it’s so lazy it doesn’t bother and leaves it to my overworked dominant one which is now blurry for distance

Airports- I fcuking hate airports- lots of queues and overpriced shight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

At rehearsals and it's so cold. I would rather be outside where it is snowing because I guarantee it's warmer out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

madmaggie wrote: »
    Just look for the other end instead. Job done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Tailgaters :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

northgirl wrote: »
    Tailgaters :mad:

This drives me nuts, especially as I always drive at the speed limit. Back off or overtake , but don't sit on my arse :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Singing away to myself in the kitchen thinking there's no one here and my housemate emerges from her bedroom.
    Not the first time it's happened either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was given money to take myself out for birthday dinner, it's burning a hole in my pocket(the kids don't know I have it)
    when I get time to think about what I want to spend it on, I go from burgers to chinese and kababs, and back again.

Wish I could make up my mind or was one of those people who can eat in a fancy restaurant here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had to wriggle into the crawl space in attic, my arms where exposed as I was wearing a t-shirt and they rubbed off insulation alot.
    Itchy Arms Suck.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Currently re- watching Buffy, The vampire slayer, on syfy, TA at the amount of "violence" and killings cut from it. It was ok, to seen at 6pm back in the 90's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think there may be mice in our attic.
    I could hear scratching the other day and again today. Put traps up earlier but I am dreading checking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Rat problem in my house, contributed to/made one million times worse by my husband's procrastination in not sorting it out when it first presented itself 9 months ago.

This morning there was a huge rat caught in a trap behind the dishwasher. She had caught her back leg in a trap but couldn't pull herself free and also couldn't get back through the hole in the floor because the trap is too big and she was caught up in pipes and wires.
    So she basically kept jiggling around to get free, driving my dogs crazy.
    We left her there for the day, hoping she would die as there was a lot of blood splattered around her but no, not this bitch.
    I got home from work and she was still there when I pulled the dishwasher out from under the counter.
    So when my husband came home, we had to pull out the whole press to get at her.
    In his efforts to dispose of the rat, my husband burst a water pipe. The rat disappeared and we thought that it had gone back into the hole. No, not this bitch.
    I had my phone on my tripod and I stuck it down under the press and there she was, sitting there, not moving a muscle. So then we had to pull out more of the press and shelves and eventually managed to dispose of the rat. However, when we pulled out the bottom shelf, there was a really dead rat in a trap, decomposing and the other rat had eaten a huge hole in it!
    So then my husband fixed the pipe (thankfully it turned out to be an easy fix) and cemented up the hole in the floor.

But, that's not the end because he has no intention of figuring out how the rats are getting into the house. Why must he procrastinate?! This should have been sorted months ago! Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh.
    If he had sorted it properly 9 months ago, we could have had a nice relaxing night.
    Add on top of all of this that he prepared the cement right outside our back door so now there's a small mound of cement with glass in it right outside our back door, which our dogs could walk in.
    Aaaaasarrrrrrggggghhhhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

^^^^^^

You ever disclose your address, intentionally or otherwise, that house is getting burnt to the f*cking ground.

I'd have paid professionals their asking price, whatever it was, no questions to deal with that and would follow that up with contract cleaners for the entire house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’d have moved out naaaaaaaaw saaaan fûck that I’d be gone

Literally my worst nightmare and I have to flush the toilet before I sit on it for fear of one biting my arse

Also as much as I hate them I feel sad for the rat caught in the trap all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I’d have moved out naaaaaaaaw saaaan fûck that I’d be gone

Literally my worst nightmare and I have to flush the toilet before I sit on it for fear of one biting my arse

Also as much as I hate them I feel sad for the rat caught in the trap all day

It breaks my actual heart. You'd want to see the little stressed out head on her, all her hair sticking up. And she was squealing her head off and it was a heartbreaking sound but she would just as soon gnaw your fingers off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm going to have nightmares about rats tonight. I bloody hate them.

Hope you get no more rat visitors Erica!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Had to wriggle into the crawl space in attic, my arms where exposed as I was wearing a t-shirt and they rubbed off insulation alot.
    Itchy Arms Suck.

Cold shower helps, definitely don't have a hot shower!

My TA is the "poor me" people. Me, me, me. Give it a rest, sick of listening to ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Assembling IKEA furniture. Just built a chest of drawers and I am done with it, can't be putting up with this crap anymore.

Prebuilt from now on, I don't care what price.

De Bhál wrote: »
    Assembling IKEA furniture. Just built a chest of drawers and I am done with it, can't be putting up with this crap anymore.

Prebuilt from now on, I don't care what price.

I bet you had bits left over. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I bought a Slicer yoke in Lidl. It might as well be a 600-piece Jigsaw. :(:/ And the Instruction Sheet is shoyte. About 9 different languages with Instructions on how to assemble all the bits, and all's that's in English is one solitary typically-Oirish cover-yer-ar$e sentence about safety and precaution.

De Bhál how ya fixed for a few dicer and slicer and juicing drawers. Have a few bitsn'bobs left over here?! :D:pac:

fussyonion wrote: »
    I think there may be mice in our attic.
    I could hear scratching the other day and again today. Put traps up earlier but I am dreading checking them.

Good belt of the coal shovel, it'll be grand. I work for a lady who won't empty the mouse traps, she phones me when she hears the snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA that I read this page of the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

No flipping sugar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

So sad for the poor rat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wen strepsils numb your tongue and not your throat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Woke up with a dose but had to go to work anyway because my employers don't pay sick pay.
    Its a sad state of affairs when you can't even afford to be sick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

People who call penneys penny's.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People who call penneys penny's.
    It's Pennéys, makes it sound fancy with an accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's Pennéys, makes it sound fancy with an accent.

Ye're both wrong. It's "Centimes".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Accidentally addressing an email to a client as "Hi Christ", instead of "Hi Chris".....So over this day already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I see that politician woman who resigned yesterday is in the papers again bleating about being "trolled" on The Social Meeja. It TAs me that this semi-literate dung-flinging is now being confused with the ancient and subtle art of trolling, as espoused by the likes of Jim "Kibo" Parry, Flatfish+++, Dave Mikkelson, et al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I made the perfect mug of tea this morning and my as$hole parrot knocked it into the sink when I was in the other room :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Waiting to cross the road. The cars stop, green man comes on, so myself and several others proceeded to cross the road. This is the moment a driver decides to start their car and speed up through the red light. A woman had to grab her child back by his jacket. I sincerely hope the driver gets explosive diarrhoea in public, while wearing white and with no bathroom access. You absolute kuntbag.

Also disappointed that I was shocked and didn’t think to look for the reg until after the car had gone out of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Accidentally addressing an email to a client as "Hi Christ", instead of "Hi Chris".....So over this day already!

:D
    Genuine lol

My eye drops only dilated one pupil and I look weird

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement