Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So sad for the poor rat :(

Me too! :( All that gratuitous suffering! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Need to do some important stuff on the laptop, typically it's "working on important updates". "This will take a while".
    FFS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Need to do some important stuff on the laptop, typically it's "working on important updates". "This will take a while".
    FFS.

475409642298bf48e7a8d17109b4e70e.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

FFS.

Similar happened me last night, was streaming a show (which in itself is a TA) when my laptop went dead half way through. Turned the laptop back on and windows needed to configure updates.
    The updates took an hour and 40 minutes to configure. I was spitting fire by the end of it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting a question right on University Challange but there is no one there to witness it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Bosses wife asked me was I happy in the job, TA'd that Im starting to think the guy that got me the placement might have said it to my boss as I told him last week a few things bugged me about the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Yesterday had big synthetic cheese and onion cravings, luckily there was Brennan in the house, bought the cheeses and oniony crisps I could find and made a yummy sandwich, no flavor off the crisps or bread.

Later on still craving, I accidentally bought some rancherios, no flavor from those either. everything else tastes fine.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Emptying the dishwasher, ambushed by pools of water that have collected in the base of the cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

TAed that everyday for months now I go into the same Topaz petrol station to buy only cigarettes and every single day I get asked the same quaestion when paying- "Any petrol or diesel?"
    From now on I think my response is going to be "Not at those prices, no". At least that way the staff might take notice that I dont buy petrol or diesel there because they sure aint managed it in nearly six months now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Getting a question right on University Challange but there is no one there to witness it.

I don't think getting your name right counts as a question on that show.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Everlong1

U2 tickets have been on sale for the last week. My TA is when I mention in casual conversation that I tried to get a ticket, some loudmouth dic*head will immediately start trumpeting how I FUC*IN' HATE BONO FUC*IN' HYPOCRITE TAX TAX TAX and so forth. Have had to put up with these kno*ends for over 35 years now. See also: Sinead O'Connor, Eamon Dunphy..actually anyone in this country who's any way well known and doesn't play the game of apologising for the fact that they're ambitious and have opinions that the herd doesn't agree with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Spelling coffee on my pristine white shirt at 9.11am.

Oh! The humanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Colleague's gross & stinky old-lady perfume. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

^ Píss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Aglomerado wrote: »
    ^ Píss?

Nope, just Youth Dew or some other assault on the nasal passages from Estee Lauder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Bambi985 wrote: »
    Supermarket checkouts are a constant, permanent TA. Or a list of TAs. I could write a whole thread on it.

Don't they have the self service tills at your supermarket? Of course there's plenty of TA opportunities there as well, such as imbeciles who let their kids do the scanning. Or when you need "security clearance" from one of the spotty teenage staff because you're buying firelighters.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Don't they have the self service tills at your supermarket? Of course there's plenty of TA opportunities there as well, such as imbeciles who let their kids do the scanning. Or when you need "security clearance" from one of the spotty teenage staff because you're buying firelighters.

Not an imbecile. They are a genius getting free child labour :pac::pac:

This day is draggggggging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When people are so obsessed with appearing anti mainstream that you get accused of virtue signalling, for caring about something that also happens to be a popular issue/cause.
    No, actually, I do care about the environment and have done since I was little. Back when it was definitely NOT fashionable.

Big Trivial Annoyance is people who describe themselves as a maverick, totally un-PC, or anything like that. They go out of their way to show they don't care about anything or anyone. I don't find that admirable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    ...This day is draggggggging.

It ruddy-well is, isn't it? Not just me then! :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jimgoose wrote: »
    It ruddy-well is, isn't it? Not just me then! :(
    I've even considered doing some work to pass the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BLASPHEMY!!!

<SP'TOO> You-all ain't a-frum aroun' heah, are ya boy??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Hadn't read this thread in a while but there seems to be an increase in passive digs by members towards one another.
    It comes across badly to me.

Hadn't read this thread in a while but there seems to be an increase in passive digs by members towards one another.

Your sister!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yeah, thought the same tbh. But it reflects more on the one making the passive aggressive remarks than it does on the other.

My TA: as big as my gob is, there’s not enough room for my wisdom teeth and I’m in pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lost my student card. Found it cellotaped onto a notice board in the college with someone's red lipstick all over my face.
    Thanks for that.

anna080 wrote: »
    Lost my student card. Found it cellotaped onto a notice board in the college with someone's red lipstick all over my face.
    Thanks for that.

Sounds like you've got a fan, and whoever it is isn't insane at all, at all! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Went to a shop in the local village, said "Hello" no reply...thats ok..
    I asked for a receipt, well you should of seen the look I got. It's a receipt, press the button hand me the receipt..It's not like I asked for your first born !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

People ringing in sick to work because of the snow where there was no snowfall. Maybe they were just so excited by the prospect of snow that they became ill?

A guy pulled out in front of me when I was driving home, I beeped my horn at him and he beeped back, shouting and gesticulating with one hand, while the other hand held his mobile up on top of the steering wheel while he tried to steer. Sure I probably interrupted him sending a very important text. Sure you couldn't be watching for other traffic while you're sending a very important text.

I just ate the last of my favourite chocolate bar.

Wah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who talk about their "birthday month". Get fcuked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Everything and everyone today...arguing with everyone...very close to telling bosses to go fucck a pig...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

Anniversaries for the departed.

ie - Birthday anniversaries for someone who would have been 100 on such a date HAD they lived (that extra 20 odd years), always in the local paper and also 'this would have been their 50th wedding anniversary' , yea if they had not of died 8 years ago, why?

I truely understand an anniversary for a passing, but not birthday & wedding ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Aska wrote: »
    Anniversaries for the departed.

ie - Birthday anniversaries for someone who would have been 100 on such a date HAD they lived (that extra 20 odd years), always in the local paper and also 'this would have been their 50th wedding anniversary' , yea if they had not of died 8 years ago, why?

I truely understand an anniversary for a passing, but not birthday & wedding ones.

I had a party for my son's 18th. I'll have one for my daughter's 18th too, and that'll be the same week as my son's 21st.

I guess it's one of those things if you don't understand it, you'll never understand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I had a party for my son's 18th. I'll have one for my daughter's 18th too, and that'll be the same week as my son's 21st.

I guess it's one of those things if you don't understand it, you'll never understand it.

I think therein lies the crux, if it's something that has affected you personally, it's going to be very important....for someone who hasn't had that kind of horrid misfortune to befall our lives... then we can be a bit blasé about it and wonder what it's all about.... until someone like yourself gives us all a bit of perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

People who seem to complain all the time - mostly on simple trivial things.

I think it's just to hear their own voice sometimes and look for sympathy.

EDIT: I'm not talking about Boards.ie members, people out in the big bad world :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Nausea, Dead-legs, and Period cramps. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The Iarnrod Eireann ad on the site the last while annoys me.
    Everytime I see the fella asleep on the train I think it's Rodney out of Only Fools and Horses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,595 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Clicked snooze on the alarm......felt like 10 seconds not 10 minutes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

1. Colleagues with BO *boke*
    2. 2/3 cubicles in the bathroom out of order
    3. Lady in said bathroom putting on a full face of makeup. She does it every day and takes ages. I'm sure she takes the time to clock in first though.
    4. Women on the bus this morning who must've poured an entire bottle of perfume on herself. Also *boke*
    5. The cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Quote Mollyb60: 3. Lady in said bathroom putting on a full face of makeup. She does it every day and takes ages. I'm sure she takes the time to clock in first though.

You can be sure they're clocked in. Our ground floor office bathroom is unusable between 9.30-10. You can use the toilet but god forbid if you want to wash your hands and interrupt the make up ritual at the sinks! :mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Roads where a bit icey this morning, but not icey enough to have a mess and do some little skids and wheel burners.

Obviously in a place with no-one else around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Banged my shin off a bike rack this morning. Bloody sore.

If I was french this would be a HIA.

Have to meet my accountant, dreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

I'm the same. He's a lovely fella, very helpful. But the feeling of dread beforehand puts my stomach in knots. It's like being called to the Principle's office.

Is this him?

200px-Count_von_Count_kneeling.png

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    I'm the same. He's a lovely fella, very helpful. But the feeling of dread beforehand puts my stomach in knots. It's like being called to the Principle's office.
    Mine is my ex’s father :D it’s grand he’s lovely and still treats me like part of the family. Thought he was going to scold me but he didn’t lol he’s a patient man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When there is a proper full sized cycle lane, a proper full sized driving lane and a good cyclist cycling in the cycle lane but the car at the front is doing 30 in a 50 zone and won't pass the cyclist even though both the driver and the cyclist have loads of room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who feel the need to make small talk. Look, we both know that it's unfortunate we bumped into each other in the canteen/ lift/at the printer etc. but can't we just say hi and then be comfortable in our silence. Why fill the silence will white noise for the sake of it? All you are doing is making me expend valuable energy in having to think up an equally dull and vanilla comment on the weather or the weekend or whatever sh*teology you've decided to parp on about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

People in supermarkets who decide, either half way around the shop, or worse still at the till, that they don't actually need something they've put in their basket/trolley and just dump it on a random shelf / at the start of the till / on top the freezer cabinets. It's not so bad I suppose if it's something non-perishable, but I've seen people at the till dumping a tray of, for example, fresh chicken pieces and when I've challenged them for this, have been told to fcuk off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Alun wrote: »
    People in supermarkets who decide, either half way around the shop, or worse still at the till, that they don't actually need something they've put in their basket/trolley and just dump it on a random shelf / at the start of the till / on top the freezer cabinets. It's not so bad I suppose if it's something non-perishable, but I've seen people at the till dumping a tray of, for example, fresh chicken pieces and when I've challenged them for this, have been told to fcuk off.

This reminds me, you know the Shop and Save promotion in Dunnes? I actually don't shop in there anymore because for the last while, every time I went in I got caught behind some selfish tw*t whose shopping would undoubtedly come to €48 or €97 or something like that, and they'd go running off to find something to bring it up to 50 or 100 so they could get a voucher. The f*cking selfishness of them, it usually takes a couple of minutes too. One woman was gone a good three minutes. Grab a couple of chocolate bars or chewing gum, or have a bottle of wine on standby like my Dad does, or sort your sh*t out and calculate your cost as you go. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement