Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    This reminds me, you know the Shop and Save promotion in Dunnes? I actually don't shop in there anymore because for the last while, every time I went in I got caught behind some selfish tw*t whose shopping would undoubtedly come to €48 or €97 or something like that, and they'd go running off to find something to bring it up to 50 or 100 so they could get a voucher. The f*cking selfishness of them, it usually takes a couple of minutes too. One woman was gone a good three minutes. Grab a couple of chocolate bars or chewing gum, or have a bottle of wine on standby like my Dad does, or sort your sh*t out and calculate your cost as you go. :mad:

Not only do customers do that but the cashiers actually encourage it ." It comes to €45 do you want to get something for €5 ? " So off they run while we all wait .I have it sussed and know to grab a pack of batteries if I am getting close to the €50 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Our boiler has gone on the blink so no heating or hot water just in time for the cold spell that's hit the UK and my mother coming to visit for the weekend tomorrow. And landlord telling us it'll be Monday before an engineer can make it to the house! What in the holy hell kind of bullsheeet is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭gifted

Wish I could keep my mouth shut.....even when my brain is telling me to stop talking...I'm telling everyone stuff that I shouldn't be telling ....****ing dope me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Oooooohhhh my goodness I can't cope! :mad::(:mad:

Fücking person with her stupid personhood.

I'm on the train and in bad form. I feel all squashed and uncomfortable by the woman sitting beside me. She's watching something on her phone but has it at an angle so she's turned towards me. Feel irrationally crowded. All I need to do is glance slightly to the left and I can see her face and what she's watching and everything. Go away person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Fücking person with her stupid personhood.

I'm on the train and in bad form. I feel all squashed and uncomfortable by the woman sitting beside me. She's watching something on her phone but has it at an angle so she's turned towards me. Feel irrationally crowded. All I need to do is glance slightly to the left and I can see her face and what she's watching and everything. Go away person.

Belch... loudly....then say... "That burrito is going to make an appearance again in a minute"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Oooooohhhh my goodness I can't cope! :mad::(:mad:
    Go outside and take a dozen big deep breaths.

TA'd that I keep buying cheap gadgets and gizmos and what have you, and then being continually suprised when it turns out to be poorly made badly designed POS.

Belch... loudly....then say... "That burrito is going to make an appearance again in a minute"

She's gone! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn internet is slow tonight :mad:

She's gone! :D

Jack's suggestion worked then :pac:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,006 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just kissed my dog and got one of her eye-boogers in my mouth.

Now excuse me while I go gargle with Listerine for the next 15 minutes...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I just kissed my dog and got one of her eye-boogers in my mouth.

Now excuse me while I go gargle with Listerine for the next 15 minutes...
    One of my dogs is really affectionate and constantly wants to lick my face. The problem is that she always wants to lick inside my nose :eek: She keeps trying to french my nostril and it hurts as well as being disgusting. The look of betrayal she gives me when I reject her "love" :pac:

Go outside and take a dozen big deep breaths.
    Hah dunno would that have been such a good idea! May have ended up hammering on Next-door's door. Their kid didn't stop crying and wailing until quarter past 7. :(

Have to book NCT. And if I'm using the Site right, there doesn't appear to be any Appointments available in Galway City from Feb. 21st until March 12th?!? Not one single Appointment like, for 14 straight days?!? Like it would be a bit more plausible to believe, if there was like even say 1/2 totally random mad crazy times left for even 1/2 Appointments scattered somewhere into the mix out of a full fourteen days, but.... a full two weeks and not even one random appointment left sounds a bit suspicious or something?!? Actually are they open on Saturdays! I'm only counting Mon. - Fri. Maybe it's more than 14 days..

Hah dunno would that have been such a good idea! May have ended up hammering on Next-door's door. Their kid didn't stop crying and wailing until quarter past 7. :(

I'd say it was far worse for your neighbours :p

I want 'bad for me' food but must resist because, well, it's bad for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    One of my dogs is really affectionate and constantly wants to lick my face. The problem is that she always wants to lick inside my nose :eek: She keeps trying to french my nostril and it hurts as well as being disgusting. The look of betrayal she gives me when I reject her "love" :pac:

Bull breed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Have to book NCT. And if I'm using the Site right, there doesn't appear to be any Appointments available in Galway City from Feb. 21st until March 12th?!? Not one single Appointment like, for 14 straight days?!? Like it would be a bit more plausible to believe, if there was like even say 1/2 totally random mad crazy times left for even 1/2 Appointments scattered somewhere into the mix out of a full fourteen days, but.... a full two weeks and not even one random appointment left sounds a bit suspicious or something?!? Actually are they open on Saturdays! I'm only counting Mon. - Fri. Maybe it's more than 14 days..
    Try booking last thing at night or first thing in the morning. Some time slots usually come up for the next few days as cancellations are loaded onto the booking system.

Try booking last thing at night or first thing in the morning. Some time slots usually come up for the next few days as cancellations are loaded onto the booking system.

Aaahhh good idea stuff mighn't be updated right now must remember that for again. I've actually ended up booking in Castlerea! Am only 25 mins from there! Didn't realize there was one so close! Am an hour or so from Galway City!
    Looked in about 7 different Centres, there doesn't seem to be very much at all for the first 2 weeks of March in other places too. But got a date close. I'm actually now just wondering, if it passes on that date, does the Cert start from that day even if last time's would have been in date for another week or does it still start from the end-point of last time's Cert? I'm just wondering will it mean I'll have to go for next NCT a week earlier in a way?!? Would kinda feel like I'm getting done out of a week!

Hypocrites currently t.a.ing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Aaahhh good idea stuff mighn't be updated right now must remember that for again. I've actually ended up booking in Castlerea! Am only 25 mins from there! Didn't realize there was one so close! Am an hour or so from Galway City!
    Looked in about 7 different Centres, there doesn't seem to be very much at all for the first 2 weeks of March in other places too. But got a date close. I'm actually now just wondering, if it passes on that date, does the Cert start from that day even if last time's would have been in date for another week or does it still start from the end-point of last time's Cert? I'm just wondering will it mean I'll have to go for next NCT a week earlier in a way?!? Would kinda feel like I'm getting done out of a week!

Hypocrites currently t.a.ing me.

No you can go in up to 90 days before and your cert date will remain as the anniversary of registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When the cold gets into you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Made a balls of booking parking at the airport so cancelled it but forgot to rebook and the price is much dearer now :(

I've just very briefly ran my eyes over a piece of writing about a place closing, and the line that grabbed my attention was, "Human excrement in food preparation areas" WHAT?!? :eek::eek: I didn't read any more. But. Where in the name of jesus are people having a p00 and where are people preparing food and more importantly, why, WHY are these 2 locations interlinking?!? :mad::eek: Jaysus.

• Advertisement

I've just ordered a Dress online from Dorothy Perkins. Couldn't find a Signup button so I made purchase as a guest. Now I'm after getting 2 emails from them; - as a New Customer I will get 15% off my first purchase. And second email, they're offering me 10% off as they saw that I was browsing around on their Website and wondered if I was gonna buy anything! BIT FEICING LATE NOW DOROTHY PERKINS, AFTER I'VE MADE PURCHASE FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Paddy Cow wrote: »

Our 2 dachshunds do this to my husband. One of them wants to lick his whole face, eyes, ears, nose etc and the other does the same but throws in a few nibbles too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,214 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Padding out of news, when they tell us things that are not needed.

This morning on the RTE radio news.

"A man has died after being stabbed in Dublin. It happened around midnight in such and such an area. The scene has been preserved for a Garda technical inspection"

That bit is irrelevant. If they hadn't read it out, I wouldn't have been straight on the phone to the Gardai telling them to make sure they preserve the murder scene. Its assumed.

Another one is "......the state pathologist has been informed", when there is a murder. Cheers, thats good to know. But again irrelevant and assumed. I couldn't imagine the Gardai sitting in the office a couple of days later saying "Christ lads we forgot to inform the State Pathologist".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

NIMAN wrote: »
    Padding out of news, when they tell us things that are not needed.

This morning on the RTE radio news.

"A man has died after being stabbed in Dublin. It happened around midnight in such and such an area. The scene has been preserved for a Garda technical inspection"

That bit is irrelevant. If they hadn't read it out, I wouldn't have been straight on the phone to the Gardai telling them to make sure they preserve the murder scene. Its assumed.

Another one is "......the state pathologist has been informed", when there is a murder. Cheers, thats good to know. But again irrelevant and assumed. I couldn't imagine the Gardai sitting in the office a couple of days later saying "Christ lads we forgot to inform the State Pathologist".

Mine is "The victim was pronounced Dead at the scene"

Actually..not sure if it's a TA.. because I have visions of the cops standing over a body saying "D...E....A....D" very slowly over and over again
    "We're pronouncing him D...e...a...D"

I woke up fuzzy headed. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,214 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That Boards is double posting again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Trying to light a candle when it's almost used up with a piece of paper and burning the floor. Oops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,082 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The old double posts seem to be back on boards again.

They had fixed this issue last year.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So tired this morning, my motivation isn't there today, must start going to bed earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

So tired this morning, my motivation isn't there today, must start going to bed earlier.

Same here. And I am cold.
    I need some jump starter cables to get me going today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone on the internet trivially annoys me. I feel like asking ''did I do something to you?'' :O

When she responds to my comment she never quotes me or uses my (internet) name but always seems to quote other people she responds to. Her replies are always snarky and snide.

TA being took against for no good reason.

TA on the internet I've been called a liberal left bleeding heart and a right winger in the same day. Make up your minds :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Had plans to go to bed early last night, watched an episode of The West Wing and it ended on a deadly cliff hanger. I had to watch the start of the next episode to see a bit more, ended up watching the whole thing instead.
    Knackered today, that and the cold I have have knocked the bollocks out of me.

I've a busy day ahead as well and not focused at all on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Saw 2 lads yesterday in ankle biter skinny jeans, brown shoes and no socks. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,756 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Saw 2 lads yesterday in ankle biter skinny jeans, brown shoes and no socks. Ridiculous.

Sunday night saw a lad in shorts with a bubble jacket.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Group of girls going to school this morning in the rain, not one of them had a coat or jacket, but they all had a scarf over their heads :confused:

Also walking to school was a young lad in his uniform vaping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When someone walking in front of you farts and then you end up walking in their fart path.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sunday night saw a lad in shorts with a bubble jacket.....

I had to look up what a bubble jacket is.
    Vile.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

anna080 wrote: »
    When someone walking in front of you farts and then you end up walking in their fart path.

Happened me yesterday in SuperValu.security guard was walking in front of me in an empty aisle and dropped a bomber in front of me which I had the misfortune of walking into just as the smell was rising.took the breath away from me. I mumbled dirty animal in a way he would hear me and he looked fairly sheepish.id say he would want to see a doctor or maybe a vet with the smell he left after him.he should have at least done it in the washing powder aisle where the smell could be masked

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Happened me yesterday in SuperValu.security guard was walking in front of me in an empty aisle and dropped a bomber in front of me which I had the misfortune of walking into just as the smell was rising.took the breath away from me. I mumbled dirty animal in a way he would hear me and he looked fairly sheepish.id say he would want to see a doctor or maybe a vet with the smell he left after him.he should have at least done it in the washing powder aisle where the smell could be masked

I bet you had a second and potentially third sniff though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Colleague sitting near me is eating a wrap filled with mustard, mayo, ham, cheese and PINEAPPLE. I'm about to vomit everywhere from the sheer smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I bet you had a second and potentially third sniff though :pac:

I was lucky to get out of there with my life. If I had to describe the smell it would be a mixture between vintage French cheese and a 10 day dead roadkill badger on the hottest day of summer

• Advertisement

I was lucky to get out of there with my life. If I had to describe the smell it would be a mixture between vintage French cheese and a 10 day dead roadkill badger on the hottest day of summer
    That's what my son calls 'An Egger'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Candie wrote: »
    TA at the general festering naked hatred so often on display in AH. It's getting harder and harder to read.

I don't know why I bother any more tbh.

Lots of people have an agenda these days, one that is a core belief, and core beliefs when 'challenged' evoke the same reaction in our brain as fight or flight.

Take the current 8th Amendment stuff, not to get into anyone's opinion on the matter, but it’s become a platform for people to just scream hate and vitriol at each other. It’s becoming harder and harder to see the compassion on either side of the fence with the prominent figures as all arguments are basically just saying the opposition are borderline evil.

People don’t want to open themselves up for debate, they enter a ‘discussion’ with fury on their mind and just try to beat the opposition into submission. The opposition who have the same mindset. It honestly might as well be the old religious wars, from the times of the Crusades, as both sides hold their opinion on the matter as something intrinsic to their identity, and an opposite view threatens that very thing. There is no tolerance, just an instinct to stamp out the threat violently.

We’re seeing this over and over again in Western society, from the US Presidential debate, Brexit, the new-fangled gender wars that is becoming an endless tirade of people arguing about feminism et al, and more if we take the non-binary and trans angle.

I think with the internet, people are easier able to find likeminded people – which is a good thing. But then these people, who may find life difficult for whatever of the countless reasons people may have, then find solace within that group, it becomes a platform for their life, their identity and their overall purpose, and then they go out and push that agenda vigorously. There’s no room for tolerance, and I’m starting to think that a lot of that is coming from people’s own sense of worth, their vulnerabilities there that they try to hide, and their desire for a purpose that they can’t identify or sustain on their own.

Our mental health is not where it should be. We need to start pushing something along the lines cognitive behavioral therapy in our schools. Identifying your feelings, why there are there, and handling them in a mature way.

One bizarre thing for me is that so often these things that people hold as their core value, or core identification factor of themselves. It’s something they take immense pride in, naturally. But then they try and stamp out all opposing views. But there’s a cognitive dissonance of sorts there as how can you have pride in yourself for being one way, without having people who are not that?

Jeez, think I’ve gone and derailed the thread. Hadn’t realised I’d end up typing so much. Don’t think I’ve ever actually put these thoughts to words before, they’ve just kinda bounced around in the back of my head for a while.

tl;dr, I would say I'm more than TA, and it's becoming a general concern for me as to the future of our country and Western Society as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Irish People: Better get on this DART.

Irish Rail: Oh, it's cold outside. We'll just put on the heat a lil' bit...

Irish People: No, it's ok - this DART will be full soon and the number of bodies will generate enough heat, especially considering everyone will be wearing coats.

Irish Rail: Ok, we've put the heat on full blast. Please remove your robe before entering the sauna. Thank you for choosing Irish Rail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Don't know if there's a word for this (there should be), but when driving and the one lane becomes 2 and instead of moving into the lane they will be continuing on, the ignorant driver in front of you remains trundling along (invariably at a snails pace) the middle thereby blocking both lanes until at the very end when they're forced to get in lane, by which point you've definitely missed the green light in your lane.

Bit convoluted but don't know how else to describe it.

In any case these people should be hung by their nipples on white hot hooks and flogged until dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭pgj2015

when i am driving and my lane is clear but there is a car parked on double yellow lines on the other lane, then an ignorant driver driving towards me keeps coming fast, forcing me to stop dead so we don't crash, my lane is free mate, don't be so selfish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

If I don't go to college tom, despite a dr's cert till Monday, They will penalise me with 1.5 times that amount of work in the same time frame.
    So In I go, cant walk and cough constantly, its like they are trying to force that pandemic all the scientists are concerned about.

Ta that this is ok and the other ppl in my situation think its ok.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Me trying to explain Kylie Jenner's success to someone who hasn't a clue, "she has like, lips and stuff".. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

anna080 wrote: »
    Me trying to explain Kylie Jenner's success to someone who hasn't a clue, "she has like, lips and stuff".. :rolleyes:

I was telling my mam about her, she asked me was she not the one who used to be a man. No mam, that was Bruce/Caitlyn. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This aul site seems to grinding to a halt - slow, error pages etc.

Seven Worlds will Collide

pgj2015 wrote: »
    when i am driving and my lane is clear but there is a car parked on double yellow lines on the other lane, then an ignorant driver driving towards me keeps coming fast, forcing me to stop dead so we don't crash, my lane is free mate, don't be so selfish.

The same for when people are overtaking a bus that has passengers getting on/off and just go around it without giving a toss about the cars approaching them in the lane they have moved into.

And then.....the f*cking lemmings that follow the first car without waiting to see if it's clear to pass the bus.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement