Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Know I’m going to get a bollocking in work for run in with the b yesterday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

73Cat wrote: »
    I am sick since Tuesday and though the worst of it seems to be over the last two nights my sleep has been really weird. When I wake I feel like someone waking out of a coma, all woozy and sick feeling. This morning I was having really weird, vivid dreams about the house where my parents lived and instead of the field at the top of the garden it was the graveyard where my Dad is buried :(. The little one woke me up out of the dream at 6.45 and I don't know what I am at, all dizzy and disorientated still. Surely taking Panadol at bedtime can't be having this effect:(

No, it’s the being unwell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My boss will be in today after a few days off and I know it's going to be bleh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The food thief

Went to lunch with a crowd from work and we went to a very nice Japanese place

Most got hot dishes or bento boxes while I got a board with a selection of sushi

The food thief took a great interest in my board with eight different pieces and “I’ll try this and this” and took two :mad:

Was majorly TA’d

No one and I mean no one touchs my food.......tell um to piss off and order their own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I've missed 2 trains out of Tralee already!!!
    Booked the early one by mistake...so rebooked the 9.15....and arrived to see it pulling out if the station...for anyone that wants to use that train in the future...it's the 9.05!!! Fml

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Was looking forward to a lie in this morning but of course I was wide awake at 8am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

73Cat wrote: »
    I am sick since Tuesday and though the worst of it seems to be over the last two nights my sleep has been really weird. When I wake I feel like someone waking out of a coma, all woozy and sick feeling. This morning I was having really weird, vivid dreams about the house where my parents lived and instead of the field at the top of the garden it was the graveyard where my Dad is buried :(. The little one woke me up out of the dream at 6.45 and I don't know what I am at, all dizzy and disorientated still. Surely taking Panadol at bedtime can't be having this effect:(

Fever dreams. Courtesy of illness.

Was it the red box, Panadol Extra? Because they used to give me extra mad dreams.

TA I have to deal with Mr Critical again. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Driving to work was torture. I've a cold which is developing into a sinus infection and/or chest infection.
    There was snot dripping from my nose while hitting 99kmph on the M50. Tissue was in my arse pocket. I couldn't risk it.
    So I had to try hold my head back to stop the snot dripping onto my crotch area until I got off and was able to get the tissue from pocket.

Now my head is killing me, my chest feels heavy, the lempsip did nothing and I just want to go home to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

That b**ch ANXIETY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Driving to work was torture. I've a cold which is developing into a sinus infection and/or chest infection.
    There was snot dripping from my nose while hitting 99kmph on the M50. Tissue was in my arse pocket. I couldn't risk it.
    So I had to try hold my head back to stop the snot dripping onto my crotch area until I got off and was able to get the tissue from pocket.

Now my head is killing me, my chest feels heavy, the lempsip did nothing and I just want to go home to bed.

If you’re not well don’t push yourself. You can also buy snotrinse called neilmed in the chemist that really helps flush out anything bad from your sinuses. I used it when I had a sinus infection and bright yellow liquid flew out of my nostril

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bitterly cold in this building this morning,-1 on my phone :eek:

northgirl wrote: »
    My boss will be in today after a few days off and I know it's going to be bleh.

Tell him to fudge off back on holidays :3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

If you’re not well don’t push yourself. You can also buy snotrinse called neilmed in the chemist that really helps flush out anything bad from your sinuses. I used it when I had a sinus infection and bright yellow liquid flew out of my nostril

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The tw*t who stood waiting for me to buy my luas ticket this morning. I despise the luas so when I do use it, I make sure to use it as an opportunity to offload 10c coins. I knew I'd be there a while putting them all in (while it spat out every second one!). Anyway this guys comes and stands right beside me impatiently waiting to use the machine - hello! There is another one stuck ONTO the back of this one that nobody is using! What an idiot. :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

If you’re not well don’t push yourself.
    Ah sure you know me enough now to know that I never push myself ha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Supposed to be going away for the night tonight with my sisters, currently camped beside the loo wondering what end is gona go first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Why is it not standard practice to have the radio or music playing in public bathrooms - the toilets in Uni are deathly silent and I can't ****ing stand hearing the low moans of others as they ****. Disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The tw*t who stood waiting for me to buy my luas ticket this morning. I despise the luas so when I do use it, I make sure to use it as an opportunity to offload 10c coins. I knew I'd be there a while putting them all in (while it spat out every second one!). Anyway this guys comes and stands right beside me impatiently waiting to use the machine - hello! There is another one stuck ONTO the back of this one that nobody is using! What an idiot. :mad:

Yer man obviously should've used the other machines but to be honest I think I'd be fairly trivially annoyed if I rocked up to get my luas ticket and some eejit was there taking ages fiddling around with the guts of thirty 10c coins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

anxiety, awake half the night with it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My car broke down in the middle of the road. Literally it came to a complete stop, it was still running but I couldn't move it. It couldn't have happened at a worse spot either. Lucky everyone was very patient and not one person beeped at me or gave me the finger lol. The guy who came to tow it didn't charge me either and is only gonna charge me for the repair so that was sound. He said one of my back wheels completely seized up so god knows what that's gonna cost. My poor beep weep.
    Now I just need to try and remember how my legs work and try out this walking craic again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Theres a lady in our company that I share a conference call with the odd time, and she speaks like her nose is always blocked!!
    maybe it is blocked, but it's been blocked now for 7 months!!

Quite Annoying indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

anxiety, awake half the night with it :(

+1 ! Horrible horrible illness feel like I’m starting to go mad from lack of sleep too :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Had a job interview for a position I'd really love last week. They said they'd be in touch either way this week. It's quarter past 5 and nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Annoyed that non alcoholic beers need approval at the self service checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The kid is nearly puking from crying so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

The kid is nearly puking from crying so much.

Poor baby :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

There are mice in the attic.
    Boyf took down two traps on Tuesday, which he'd loaded with peanut butter, and there were two mice deceased. Today he went up and took down another trap, this time loaded with a tiny piece of Mars bar, and another mouse but this time a baby one.
    Please God let that be the end.
    The other three traps were empty so hopefully that's it now. I have been up to ninety all week stressing about the blasted creatures and hearing them crawl around scratching was making my teeth itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

fussyonion wrote: »
    Boyf took down two traps on Tuesday, which he'd loaded with peanut butter, and there were two mice deceased. Today he went up and took down another trap, this time loaded with a tiny piece of Mars bar, and another mouse but this time a baby one.
    The other three traps were empty so hopefully that's it now. I have been up to ninety all week stressing about the blasted creatures and hearing them crawl around scratching was making my teeth itch.

Dealing with uninvited 4 legged guests in your house is one of the worst jobs you have to do as an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

That's soooo sad to read about Fussyonions late mouse family.
    First, the BF killed Mammy & Daddy Mousey.
    Then, he (cruelly) reloaded the trap with their baby's favorite bed-time snack...Mars Bar puree !

(Dear God...how Mammy & Daddy doted on their only child, lovingly named Minerva]- after her Gran)
    Her Daddy used to call her 'his little Minnie' and give her Mars Bar puree for a treat when he came home from work.

Ahhh.....the humanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

DanMurphy wrote: »
    Then, he (cruelly) reloaded the trap with their baby's favorite bed-time snack...Mars Bar puree !

(Dear God...how Mammy & Daddy doted on their only child, lovingly named Minerva]- after her Gran)
    Her Daddy used to call her 'his little Minnie' and give her Mars Bar puree for a treat when he came home from work.

Ahhh.....the humanity!

Omg stop Dan!! I though this earlier.
    I said to boyf "Do you think that was the Mammy and Daddy you caught the other day?" and he nodded.
    I feel terrible now.

BUT.....MICE! Y'know? I just can't.
    But thanks for making me feel all teary now!
    I won't be able to look at a Mars Bar ever again. Or watch Minnie Mouse.
    :eek:

Ahhh.....the humanity!
    :( sniffle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Went to an outdoor art event kind-of thing at Trinity College Dublin this evening... scheduled for 18:00, got an email saying it was delayed till 18:30. OK, I was there by 18:20. It didn't start until after 19:30, so I was one of hundreds of people who stood out in near-freezing temperatures for another hour. It wasn't much good, either, but thankfully short. So I made it home, pre-heated the bed with the electric blanket for an hour while I did some other stuff, then finally got in. I'm so cold that I basically sucked all the heat out of the pre-heated bed, which is now cold while I'm just slightly warmer. :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Had a job interview for a position I'd really love last week. They said they'd be in touch either way this week. It's quarter past 5 and nothing :(
    I hate that, so unprofessional. A few years back I was doing a good few interviews and they always say we'll be in touch soon- either way. Not one of them got back to me, it's not hard to send an email or make a call and it would let you stop worrying and waiting, move on and focus your energy on the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Omg stop Dan!! I though this earlier.
    I said to boyf "Do you think that was the Mammy and Daddy you caught the other day?" and he nodded.
    I feel terrible now.

BUT.....MICE! Y'know? I just can't.
    But thanks for making me feel all teary now!
    I won't be able to look at a Mars Bar ever again. Or watch Minnie Mouse.
    :eek:

Sorry Fussy...can't stand the hairy little feckers myself! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Theres a lady in our company that I share a conference call with the odd time, and she speaks like her nose is always blocked!!
    maybe it is blocked, but it's been blocked now for 7 months!!

Quite Annoying indeed.

Have a similar colleague. She whistles through her nose for most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Bought some Clothes this week from online. First thing came and it doesn't fit. Kinduva T.H. in a way 'cos it's actually too big for me! :D But still annoying in a way 'cos I now have nothing to wear.. :rolleyes: Finger-clicking hasn't become a mode of Courier delivery yet! :pac: I detest Clothes-shopping in a real Shop anymore! Online is sooooooooooo much better and easier and handier! Except, ya can't try it on and yer taking a risk and ya kinda need to know styles and body-shape and all the different materials inside out to be anyways lucky to get something decent that looks nice and fits! Meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Was in a bookshop earlier and there was a mother there with her kids. There was one who was around 5/6 who was literally shouting (or maybe more of a high pitched squealing) instead of talking. Fair enough, kids sometimes get a little excited and sometimes a parent might have to step in to remind a child that they are in a shop and not a playground. The trivial annoyance was that the mother didn't bat an eye and continued her conversation with one of the other kids.

Before people think oh another AH post hating on kids. I am a parent and part of the job is teaching kids what is appropriate behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Met Error weather warnings. Seriously, it's reached the point where it's unlikely anyone even notices them any more. Yellow ("windy enough to catch your hat") level isn't even worth issuing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Ahhh.....the humanity!

Working as a gnawing, scratching destruction machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,312 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I got stuck behind a 1980 tractor today on a back road.
    There were two other cars behind me also.
    Farmer puts on his left indicator to tell me to overtake him.
    I stay put. He throws a look back over his shoulder as if to say come on ta fook.
    I'm screaming silently that we're on a stretch with a continuous white line and although you might be able to see over the hedge what's up ahead, I know the rules of the road and you don't overtake on a continuous line Farmer Bob!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I suggest a mouse disposal expert, aka cat. Not altogether sucessful, as I have two of these lazy specimens, I take the mouse corpses out of the traps and hand them to the cat. It should be the other way round. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Unicorns. They are everywhere. I really don't get the obsession with them at all. Grown adults acting like children over a mug/pyjamas/picture with a bloody unicorn on it. Give me strength.

KatW4 wrote: »
    Unicorns. They are everywhere. I really don't get the obsession with them at all. Grown adults acting like children over a mug/pyjamas/picture with a bloody unicorn on it. Give me strength.

Unicorns have replaced god is some people's minds I think

TA'd that my throat feels like sandpaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Met Error weather warnings. Seriously, it's reached the point where it's unlikely anyone even notices them any more. Yellow ("windy enough to catch your hat") level isn't even worth issuing.

And the tabloids would put the fear of doomsday in you every time there is a weather warning.

If you read the tabloids.
    Which I dont.
    Honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,922 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

mohawk wrote:
    Before people think oh another AH post hating on kids. I am a parent and part of the job is teaching kids what is appropriate behaviour.

There's a woman who regularly lets her daughter cycle her bike around INSIDE my loca Lidl. I just cannot grasp how any adult thinks that is an acceptable thing to allow your child to do.

Nor why the staff allow it, mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Seemingly the driving test centre in Tallaght do . There were three flakes of snow and a tiny little scatter of frost on Wed morning , roads clear and ice free . Oh but because of a " weather warning " they cancelled the early morning tests upsetting those waiting and inconveniencing people for no good reason .

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Space Dog

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There's a woman who regularly lets her daughter cycle her bike around INSIDE my loca Lidl. I just cannot grasp how any adult thinks that is an acceptable thing to allow your child to do.

Nor why the staff allow it, mind you.

I was in Lidl the other day and a dog was running around the shop off the leash. Yes, by all means, let your dog roam the shop to sniff the bakery produce and fruit and vegetables!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Interviewees who ask themselves and then answer their own questions.

"Would I have stopped it had I have know? Absolutely"

"Am I anxious it could happen again? Of course!"

Annoys the $#!^ outta me

everlast75 wrote: »
    Interviewees who ask themselves and then answer their own questions.

"Would I have stopped it had I have know? Absolutely"

"Am I anxious it could happen again? Of course!"

Annoys the $#!^ outta me

"Does that annoy me?.... Not a bit"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got out of a hospital at stupid o'clock Fri am, the place was a sheet of snow/frost. Decided to get a taxi as a 40 min walk in that climate was beyond me.

TA taxi driver(on contract to "the job") was the definition of contrary, no matter what I said in response to him, he argued with me aggressively. The final straw, the 10 min lecture on he knew I was wrong about how a well know drug has different compounds, which makes it useful for all kinds of medical conditions. A fact the chemist I had been speaking most of the night with told me.

TA2 that I met the only "Dublin taxi type driver" NOT in Dublin and so not prepared for it all.

TA3 Now that I've gotten what I want, I don't want to do the work to make it useful.

TA4 I cant find a reasonably priced(150-210€) basic laptop for sib ANYWHERE in three counties.

TA5 I told some colleagues that I was having problems in interpreting a brief, one of them told me "I was overthinking it, and all I had to do was X and Y", even tho she hasn't read the brief or the background info AND is wrong(if it was that easy, I wouldn't be complaining), I freaking hate that kind of knock from women in the same job.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The constant shift in weather were having, one minute its freezing the next its 15 degrees :s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement