Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA that I had to leave and never got to find out if Peppa found out George was hiding behind the newspaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TA at seeing a video on an Instagram page of a blogger driving around snap chatting his journey as he was behind the wheel. The height of arrogance to assume dangerous driving doesn’t apply to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

TA'd by having to scroll for days to find the right emoji

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anna080 wrote: »
    TA that I had to leave and never got to find out if Peppa found out George was hiding behind the newspaper
    He was in the attic
    :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

TA'd that cinema food is extortionately over priced
    TA'd that everyone will still put up with it and buy
    TA'd that nothin will ever be done about it

Eat your €12 popcorn fatty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Ta'd at the cold &damp weather..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA at people who turn up accompanied for silly appointments like the NCT. My local NCT office has this tiny waiting room, but for some reason people were turning up in pairs or threes, and chose to stand there like idiots as duh ! seats were all taken.

I'd understand if the owner was an older person, or if it were parents with children, but these were just grown ups accompanied by other grown ups.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If their cars don't pass the NCT, how are they supposed to get home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

My Dad's inability to sort out his own IT problems. Just because I have some IT qualifications doesn't mean I'm dying to fix his **** all the time.

He bought this Phantom 3 drone recently, he wants these gadgets and gizmos but doesn't understand how to put the firmware on the devise so he passes the problem to me, I don't know much about drones really either, and I had nothing but trouble for 2 days trying to fix it. Eventually I fixed it. (Breathes sigh of relief)

He flies it for the first time, and wanted to PM the video to somebody on Facebook, file size is too large and he doesn't get that it's only a 25MB limit on files, I just said "sure just share it on your page" and he says "But I don't want the neighbours knowing I have a drone" Where I said "Sure what difference does it make, you can limit the post to only certain friends that'll see it" Where he replies "How do I do that??" Where I'm thinking "F**k sake!!"

Yesterday then he flies it again somewhere out of town, comes home tries to play the video and it won't play, it's a bloody MOV/Quicktime file which is for apple devices, quicktime doesn't work correctly on his computer or mine so I tried to convert to another format it but had no luck with it. Wouldn't open in any format. Went down and set his drone to record and save the recording as an mp4 which would work without a hitch. Job done.

Today then, he's after buying some device to extend the range on the drone, you attach it to the controller somehow. But that'll take a few days to arrive. But he saw some video where you can make a makeshift range extender out of tinfoil or some s**t. Somehow I think that's bollocks but said I'll save myself the argument and do whatever it is, He needed a stensil first to make it, so he sent me this PDF of it. I open the PDF, looks grand, go to print it and it prints blank pages. All I can think is "Can he not give me one job to do where it's not some form of a time consuming problem?? SSSSAKE"...... Before I just went into photoshop and printed the PDF that way.

What the f**k will it be tomorrow??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

New Home wrote: »

You get 30 days to fix it. What happens if it's failed twice I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, fair enough. For driving tests I know of people who were immediately failed because they hadn't brought someone along, as learner drivers can't drive alone, so I thought it might have been the same for cars and the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA that I keep reading TAs about kids and wondering if the kids in question have autism. Both TA that the ones tat do are misinterpreted in public and TA that I imagine I see it everywhere when it probably isn't autism. My best friend's child is autistic so I'm hyper aware of the possibility and the judgements people make on her and her child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

You get 30 days to fix it. What happens if it's failed twice I dunno.

Depends how bad it is, they can cease it on the spot as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

There is a couple behind me and my boyfriend in a restaurant and they are having a full on row. A reali loud one. Not really sure what's happening but I heard the word "one-upmanship" lots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

anna080 wrote: »
    There is a couple behind me and my boyfriend in a restaurant and they are having a full on row. A reali loud one. Not really sure what's happening but I heard the word "one-upmanship" lots.

Ah... they're Scottish....she's on about not liking anal "one-up-ma-shïttah"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Don't know what's wrong with my lungs and whether I should do something about it or if it's just something minor. It hurts my back/chest when I breathe, sort of sharp pains. I'm used to a kind of sore aching but the pains are new. Waiting on my NHS number so can't make an appointment with my UK CF clinic yet, sigh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Don't know what's wrong with my lungs and whether I should do something about it or if it's just something minor. It hurts my back/chest when I breathe, sort of sharp pains. I'm used to a kind of sore aching but the pains are new. Waiting on my NHS number so can't make an appointment with my UK CF clinic yet, sigh.

At this stage you know your body better than any doctor....you know your normal pain level...and what you can...or cannot stand....see how it goes...and you'll know what to do if the doc call is needed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waiting on my NHS number so can't make an appointment with my UK CF clinic yet, sigh.

How long more will you waiting for it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Should've bought more wine... :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

All I want is a nights sleep where I don't wake up spluttering because my face is clogged up with goop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

How long more will you waiting for it ?

I should have it by next Friday fingers crossed! :)

I should have it by next Friday fingers crossed! :)

The threatening call I made worked so :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You can go to a walk in clinic or A and E with your EU health card or your passport . . Don't leave it Lady Mac x

Won't Brexit have affected that, too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

TA'd at myself for lying to my friend because I want to spend tonight alone in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

TA'd at myself for lying to my friend because I want to spend tonight alone in peace.

making yourself happy first shoudln't get on your TAts! if you dont make yourself happy no one else is gonna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    My Dad's inability to sort out his own IT problems. Just because I have some IT qualifications doesn't mean I'm dying to fix his **** all the time.

He bought this Phantom 3 drone recently, he wants these gadgets and gizmos but doesn't understand how to put the firmware on the devise so he passes the problem to me, I don't know much about drones really either, and I had nothing but trouble for 2 days trying to fix it. Eventually I fixed it. (Breathes sigh of relief)

He flies it for the first time, and wanted to PM the video to somebody on Facebook, file size is too large and he doesn't get that it's only a 25MB limit on files, I just said "sure just share it on your page" and he says "But I don't want the neighbours knowing I have a drone" Where I said "Sure what difference does it make, you can limit the post to only certain friends that'll see it" Where he replies "How do I do that??" Where I'm thinking "F**k sake!!"

Yesterday then he flies it again somewhere out of town, comes home tries to play the video and it won't play, it's a bloody MOV/Quicktime file which is for apple devices, quicktime doesn't work correctly on his computer or mine so I tried to convert to another format it but had no luck with it. Wouldn't open in any format. Went down and set his drone to record and save the recording as an mp4 which would work without a hitch. Job done.

Today then, he's after buying some device to extend the range on the drone, you attach it to the controller somehow. But that'll take a few days to arrive. But he saw some video where you can make a makeshift range extender out of tinfoil or some s**t. Somehow I think that's bollocks but said I'll save myself the argument and do whatever it is, He needed a stensil first to make it, so he sent me this PDF of it. I open the PDF, looks grand, go to print it and it prints blank pages. All I can think is "Can he not give me one job to do where it's not some form of a time consuming problem?? SSSSAKE"...... Before I just went into photoshop and printed the PDF that way.

What the f**k will it be tomorrow??!!

I hear ya.
    My parents always ask me to do anything related to their computer and it gets on my t*ts.

They hadn't a clue about computers until 2013 when they bought their first laptop and I helped them set it up, installed anti-virus, set up email accounts, etc etc.
    Fast forward 5 years and they've learned NOTHING.

They won't even try to learn anything. They just rely on me to do it all.
    Their anti-virus? I still have to install it.
    Can't delete an email? I have to do it.

I got my first computer in 2002 and I hadn't a notion what I was doing.
    I learned though. I had to.
    Google is your best friend. Play around, you'll pick it up.

But my parents don't seem to WANT to learn. They're happy for me to do it all. I wouldn't mind but I don't live at home anymore so I often have to drop up to do whatever and I could be there hours.

And before someone comes on saying I'm a horrible daughter who resents spending time with her folks, I don't.
    I see them all the time and I love them to bits.

I just wish they'd learn to do things for themselves. It's not that they can't, it's that they won't.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I hear ya.
    My parents always ask me to do anything related to their computer and it gets on my t*ts.

I hear ya on this. I havent much clue but still give it a lash, they have a Gateway computer you basically wind it up. Its cracked. I dont think they want to learnt. My TAts are burst with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's even more fun being IT support over the phone.

I got this error message & clicked OK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Today? Nothing! I’m super content!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

working with 3 people, and each has taken a different approach/style of doing their work, just stick to one and stop confusing/stressing me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

working with 3 people, and each has taken a different approach/style of doing their work, just stick to one and stop confusing/stressing me!

Even worse when they tell you that you're doing it wrong and you're not.

Just go over there and count the paper clips & not be annoying me.

Or when they try to give you IT advice even though they don't know the first thing about it (as in, they can barely turn the bloody thing on, and are completely unable to close down any programme they may have opened).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

No receipt confirmation from texts sent from web interface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Mostly drivers who park in Disable parking spots without the permit.

• Advertisement

People who do all their shop and get their change back,
    Then had some of the notes from the change back to get a lotto or cigarettes where the cashier has to go to the express till to get the stuff. Wrecks the noggin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

New Home wrote: »

My car failed, I drove home, if it had to stay on the spot i would have rang someone ?
    And these people all came in the one car more than likely, the carpark is very small, like 3 spaces for nct, and 3 unmarked spaces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Why can't some people work out the difference between "your" and "you're"?

Why am I still awake.... grrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Why am I still awake.... grrr

Hey! You're content. Less of the grrr. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I love musicals and go to my local musical societies show each year. In October last year the society joined forces with the gaa to raise paper for new facilities. My friend from the society warned me to buy ticket early as when they’re gone they’re gone. When I got to venue they were still flat out selling tickets and they had no seats left. Just before the battle of the musicals started people standing at the back were ushered out to the lobby where we watched mediocre performers sing on a 42 inch screen. Twenty euro a pop for the tickets. Was raging. Swore I’d never support either gaa or musicals again. Now a really fun ones on this year and I’m raging

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A couple mauling each other on the train. She was in his lap and there were, eh, hands everywhere. It's good to see happy couples, not so nice to see sleazy couples. Just too much when you're sitting right across from them.

Waking up for no reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Waking up for no reason

Maybe you wanted some pie*

*see the time of your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

People who take After 8s but leave the wee envelopes in the box.

I hope they choke on the minty chocolatieness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

There was an ad on the radio a few minutes ago for the Sunday Independent and the cheery voiceover person was reading out all the highlights from the paper and said "read more about the rugby rape trial" in her cheery voice. It just sounded weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

That O Briens add on the radio and the way he over pronounces everything about COFFEE

erica74 wrote: »
    There was an ad on the radio a few minutes ago for the Sunday Independent and the cheery voiceover person was reading out all the highlights from the paper and said "read more about the rugby rape trial" in her cheery voice. It just sounded weird.

I thought the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Just back from Aldi.....touched the shopping putting it into the trolley...touched the shopping putting it onto the pay counter carousel....touched the shopping putting it back into the trolley after put through till...touched the shopping putting it into bags....touched the shopping putting it into cupboards/ fridge at home.....

I'm sick of touching shopping....

Stupid cold weather and bitty snow- go hard or go home!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement