Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Family members who rip the end of a tinfoil/cling film box and dump the roll out rather than use the lid with cutting edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Family members who rip the end of a tinfoil/cling film box and dump the roll out rather than use the lid with cutting edge.

People who use cling film and instead of lining up the edge of it they tear bits from all along it until there are many layers of film and it becomes a full time job to get it back to its original state.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

Lottie Ryan.

No matter how much she tries to dress it up or say she got the job on her own merit- shes only working in radio because of her father. End of. Pure nepotism. :mad:

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

bot43 wrote: »
    And?

she's shite and shouldn't be on the radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Wanting to scoff pizza and a box of roses for my tea but been cheerily told that we are having something low fat with brocolli.
    Eugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Mascara that just won't come off no matter how hard I try/what I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

KatW4 wrote:

Try the Benefit eye make up remover. It's fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

When did we get so lazy that we had to drop the 'Tues' from Pancake Tuesday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Very respectful of you, Roy Keane, to show up at Liam Millers funeral in a scruffy jacket and beard. All the money he has and he couldn't even throw a suit on for the day was in it. Horrible man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Very respectful of you, Roy Keane, to show up at Liam Millers funeral in a scruffy jacket and beard. All the money he has and he couldn't even throw a suit on for the day was in it. Horrible man.

Really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We just said the same here .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Poochie05 wrote: »
    When did we get so lazy that we had to drop the 'Tues' from Pancake Tuesday!

I'm used to calling it Pancake Tuesday, rather than Pancake Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Muppets driving in nearly white-out conditions with no lights :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

The son of posh and becks....honestly...this numpty has done nothing and because he got a tattoo which says mum it's news...jesus wept.....same for George bests son..another scrounger living off daddys name...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Try_harder wrote: »
    Really?

Yep- scruffy jacket, unshaved and not even a formal trousers. Says a lot about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Yep- scruffy jacket, unshaved and not even a formal trousers. Says a lot about him.

He's had the beard for years now... didn't think you had to be clean shaven to go to a funeral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

If my son, whom I love to death says “bruh” once more, I shall have to put serious thought into disowning him.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Ninjini wrote: »
    If my son, whom I love to death says “bruh” once more, I shall have to put serious thought into disowning him.

S'up bruh ... :D My son is at the same where do they pick up this ****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

All them stupid pop up adds you see on computers.seen one yesterday that said if you open a watermelon and it looks like this throw it away.ffs if I got near the idiots that invent these adds I’d hop that watermelon off their head.
    Other ones are do this every time you turn on your computer.fcuk right off.another one surprisingly dangerous sea creatures and what to do if you encounter them.do I look like I care?do I swim across an ocean to work every day?
    And the best of all are the doctors hate her.find out how this woman lost 19 stone just by eating this spoonful of sh1te before she went to bed.yeah probably because it gave her a dose of scour that would kill a plough horse.they must think people are stupid

• Advertisement

I meant Realky? As in this is a TA for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had to borrow my daughter's car today, and I distractedly kerbed her alloy :' (. Mammy is in the bad books big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

The overuse and incorrect use of the word “like”

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

People who extract the last ounce of water from the office water cooler and don’t replace it with a fresh one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Turn oven on. Should take about 30 minutes. Check on food after 25. Forgot to put food in the oven -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

KatW4 wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Clair4 wrote: »
    S'up bruh ... :D My son is at the same where do they pick up this ****

He actually said “ come at me bruh “ while playing a skateboarding game earlier. Words failed me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Ireland's ****** up education system. Where to start...

First and foremost, it's mostly about this rote memorisation bullcrap. I know that memory plays a vital role in our lives, but here, it's overkill! All this does is impose more and more stress on us, whilst forgetting about the numerous important life skills!!

And let's not speak of the dreadfully horrible language curriculum. Beatha teanga í a labhairt. A language lives if spoken. Yet, the education system says, screw that! Let's make everybody regurgitate words, phrases, and summaries of poems, stories, films, etc. I know that there's an oral exam in most language subjects, but why isn't oral communication a mainstay of the whole curriculum in the first place?!? And on that note, why, in the name of ****, is there no oral exam in the JC foreign languages!?!?! That's ******* HORSE****!!!

Take notes, Department of Education and Skills. This travesty of an education system that has led to several suicides over the years is your own fault, and you'd better fix everything up and save students from this atrocity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Ireland's ****** up education system. Where to start...

First and foremost, it's mostly about this rote memorisation bullcrap. I know that memory plays a vital role in our lives, but here, it's overkill! All this does is impose more and more stress on us, whilst forgetting about the numerous important life skills!!

And let's not speak of the dreadfully horrible language curriculum. Beatha teanga í a labhairt. A language lives if spoken. Yet, the education system says, screw that! Let's make everybody regurgitate words, phrases, and summaries of poems, stories, films, etc. I know that there's an oral exam in most language subjects, but why isn't oral communication a mainstay of the whole curriculum in the first place?!? And on that note, why, in the name of ****, is there no oral exam in the JC foreign languages!?!?! That's ******* HORSE****!!!

Take notes, Department of Education and Skills. This travesty of an education system that has led to several suicides over the years is your own fault, and you'd better fix everything up and save students from this atrocity.

Ah here, don't get me started on it.

I could bleeding write an entire book of everything wrong to do with this travesty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

northgirl wrote: »
    Ok. Seriously now. When is Summer???????????????????????????? (or even Spring)

Summer? what's that?

You mean extended Winter?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

When a singer, usually a seasoned performer who has already made his fortune and doesn't give a **** any more, sing their classics like crap.

Often dragging out the melody, or even worse clipping it and saying the lyric before the chord/note that you are used to from the recorded version.

Look, I just want to hear you sing it like it was on the album you made in 1983. Enough of the Oooooooh ohhhhh ohhhhhhh rubbish too. Just sing the bloody song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

KungPao wrote: »
    When a singer, usually a seasoned performer who has already made his fortune and doesn't give a **** any more, sing their classics like crap.

Often dragging out the melody, or even worse clipping it and saying the lyric before the chord/note that you are used to from the recorded version.

Look, I just want to hear you sing it like it was on the album you made in 1983. Enough of the Oooooooh ohhhhh ohhhhhhh rubbish too. Just sing the bloody song.

yes and stop singing and want the audience to sing it. go way out of that. I just paid stupid amounts of money to hear YOU sing. if I want to hear a bunch of nobody's sing I would go to the pub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

KungPao wrote: »

Liam O'Maonlai has been murdering Dont Go for years.

Try the Benefit eye make up remover. It's fantastic

I Will! Thank you :)
    Also love the cillit bang suggestion!!!!!

I washed my hair and now I can't be bothered getting dressed or brushing my hair. I just want to be lazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I Will! Thank you :)
    Also love the cillit bang suggestion!!!!!

I washed my hair and now I can't be bothered getting dressed or brushing my hair. I just want to be lazy!

Bang and the grease is gone. Barry Scott gets on my TAts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

fussyonion wrote: »
    zscorpion, me and you should just go to the Moon or something; it's our only hope of escaping our parents.

It really baffles me how people don't think of using Google to learn.
    Like I said, when I got my first computer and hadn't a clue what I was doing, I didn't have people on hand to show me.

I didn't know how to copy and paste something so I asked Google and voila, I now knew.
    I don't get how people don't use this function to learn.
    Do you WANT to be dependent on someone else? I'd much rather learn for myself!

TA'd that I gave my Mother an old phone of mine the other day; hers is kaput and she doesn't want to buy one.

I spent a good half an hour with her going through the ins and outs, where her contacts were, how to text, where her photos were, etc etc and before I left, I asked if she was happy with it.
    She said "Yeah grand, it seems simple enough".

Today she rings me to say she doesn't know how to turn on her mobile data, she doesn't know how to get the dialpad up, she can't find her photos, Youtube has disappeared, her font is too small and the volume is too low.

So instead of GOOGLING how to fix these minor issues or simply play around with the settings til she found out, she's asked me to drop in tomorrow at some stage to help.
    I mean...........FOR FECK SAKE!!!!!

Yeah I vote for a permanent stay on the moon for sure.

My house would fall to **** techwise if I weren't here, the surround sound wouldn't be perfect, tablets wouldn't function, mobile phones wouldn't be figured out, important documents wouldn't be printed for doctors, welfare offices, work related s**t etc, computer troubleshooting wouldn't be done and the thing would be left collecting dust otherwise, tv's wouldn't get fixed for my elderly grandmother across the road who ballses up for t.v. regular and often, drones wouldn't work correctly without the recommended firmware, satnavs wouldn't have up to date maps leading dad to get lost, also I manage to get his maps for free to make it even better, saves him the best part of €40.

I feel your pain fussyonion!

It is snowing really heavily outside and it's sticking. Driving to work will be a nightmare tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

Vaseline is meant to be great for removing mascara.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Miscellar water, great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Lost all Kik Conversations. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Ninjini wrote: »
    He actually said “ come at me bruh “ while playing a skateboarding game earlier. Words failed me :D

My son shouts YEHHHHHH BOIIIIIIII if he wins on a game :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

People on phones on public transport getting progressively louder, completely oblivious to how headwrecking it is.

Guy on the train having the loudest phone call ever, I’ve my headphones in and I can still hear him!

Someone else is eating something manky - stinks

Stupid airport rules. You get by all the security and go to a shop on the other side and the guy serving says he cannot sell you that 500ml bottle of water (for twice the price!) unless you go back and get your boarding card. Just what the fúck is the point of such idiotic rules? Does anybody in airport management even think of how stupid this is?

Oh, and the guy at the self-service till in Tesco last week who took back the second bottle of Calpol and put it back on the shelf saying he couldn't legally sell it to me. The people with a bit more savvy would allow me to buy the 2nd bottle in a second sale, as I intended to do, but this thoughtless fonctionnaire eejit...

And I'm sure if I wanted to have an overdose in the home there are smarter ways than buying 2 bottles of Calpol. But I don't fancy going out at night because we've run out of it so I want a spare. Thank you for your concern nonetheless.

Either I’m extra sensitive this morning or this train journey is hell. Guy across from me flung his hat over my head to the shelf above me. Then gets up and starts rummaging and keeps hitting me in the face with his open jacket. I asked him to stop- he seemed oblivious

Stupid airport rules. You get by all the security and go to a shop on the other side and the guy serving says he cannot sell you that 500ml bottle of water (for twice the price!) unless you go back and get your boarding card. Just what the fúck is the point of such idiotic rules? Does anybody in airport management even think of how stupid this is?

Oh, and the guy at the self-service till in Tesco last week who took back the second bottle of Calpol and put it back on the shelf saying he couldn't legally sell it to me. The people with a bit more savvy would allow me to buy the 2nd bottle in a second sale, as I intended to do, but this thoughtless fonctionnaire eejit...

And I'm sure if I wanted to have an overdose in the home there are smarter ways than buying 2 bottles of Calpol. But I don't fancy going out at night because we've run out of it so I want a spare. Thank you for your concern nonetheless.

I don’t think they can legally do a second sale tbf, hate the rules not the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The absolute pr1ck of an Englishman in the breakfast room of the hotel in Cork I stayed at last night!

His reaction to the girl at the breakfast reception after she had the gall to say “pardon me” when he gave his room number to her was appalling.

With an attitude that belonged in a gutter, and at the top of his voice;

2 - 4 - 3

TWO - FOUR - THREE (FREE)

You got that?

2-4-3

3 times the prat said it!!!

I wanted to punch him in his testicles so bad!!!

Also TA from the same hotel;

You know the way some hotel rooms have doors to the adjoining room that are normally locked, but would be unlocked if it’s perhaps a family taking 2 rooms? Yeah well mine wasn’t locked, and as I was sitting on the bed going through some emails at about 11pm, some lad in his 20’s just opened the door and walked into my room looking for somewhere to hang his jacket as he thought the door led to his cloakroom!!

In fairness he realised pretty soon he wasn’t in his cloakroom, and luckily for me, I was actually only checking emails!!!!!*

*why do we (I) always feel a bit dirty/naughty when in hotel rooms!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Stupid airport rules. You get by all the security and go to a shop on the other side and the guy serving says he cannot sell you that 500ml bottle of water (for twice the price!) unless you go back and get your boarding card. Just what the fúck is the point of such idiotic rules?

I believe they do this so the retailer can claim back some tax/VAT on a product they sell you (whether it’s a bottle of water, packet of crisps or a Guinness t-shirt), as you are taking the product out of the country to consume elsewhere. Aparantly you’re not obliged to give them your boarding card, though try explaining that to 19 year old kid with spots who was just told he must scan all boarding cards!! Some folk might be better versed to explain this (in another thread)

TA - gobsh1tes on the motorway who are coming to overtake you, but keep their high beam headlights on right up to the point where they pass you!!

Bonus points when they sit on your rear quarter for 2-3 minutes (high beams on) before actually overtaking you!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think they scan the boarding pass for marketing research as well. But it's not mandatory but try explain that to one of the till jockeys in the airport!

I have a cut inside my nose. Probably from a picking incident.
    But every time I blow the shnoz, the cut opens up again and it starts the healing cycle once again. This is probably a torture technique somewhere in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

On a packed bus this morning, no seats left so maybe 15/20 people standing in the aisle and by the driver.

The bus serves a business park that employs 4k people so pretty much the whole bus gets off at that stop.

Every morning, the same bloody thing happens.
    As we approach the business park stop, some cretin will decide that he needs to be off the bus first. So despite the fact that I've seen this man on the same bus every morning for the last 12 months (he knows everyone gets off at the business park) he will get up off his comfy seat at the back and push his way up the aisle, through those that are standing.
    He shoves his way up past the driver, people have to let go of what they're holding onto on a moving bus just to let this pox past. A woman fell over this morning trying to let him through.
    Then he stands right in front of the doors until the bus stops. He simply HAS to be the first person off.

Every morning people are cursing him and he doesn't care, why can't he just fecking wait for those standing to get off first, its the most TA thing ever. I was furious this morning, I ended up pushed right up next to a man so that gob****e could squeeze through.
    Absolute idiot. I hate people who do this! The extra 30 seconds it takes to get off isn't going to ruin your life!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The absolute pr1ck of an Englishman in the breakfast room of the hotel in Cork I stayed at last night!

His reaction to the girl at the breakfast reception after she had the gall to say “pardon me” when he gave his room number to her was appalling.

With an attitude that belonged in a gutter, and at the top of his voice;

2 - 4 - 3

TWO - FOUR - THREE (FREE)

You got that?

2-4-3

3 times the prat said it!!!

I wanted to punch him in his testicles so bad!!!

Also TA from the same hotel;

You know the way some hotel rooms have doors to the adjoining room that are normally locked, but would be unlocked if it’s perhaps a family taking 2 rooms? Yeah well mine wasn’t locked, and as I was sitting on the bed going through some emails at about 11pm, some lad in his 20’s just opened the door and walked into my room looking for somewhere to hang his jacket as he thought the door led to his cloakroom!!

In fairness he realised pretty soon he wasn’t in his cloakroom, and luckily for me, I was actually only checking emails!!!!!*

*why do we (I) always feel a bit dirty/naughty when in hotel rooms!!

People who abuse receptionists and service staff are TA. TA at my friend for screaming down the phone at the hospital secretary for letting her know her surgery had been cancelled. It's not the secretary's fault.
    Also TA when English people mimic an Irish accent and say ''Tree' for three. They forget that version of an English accent where people say ''free''.
    We don't all sound exactly the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement