Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People who abuse receptionists and service staff are TA. TA at my friend for screaming down the phone at the hospital secretary for letting her know her surgery had been cancelled. It's not the secretary's fault.
    Also TA when English people mimic an Irish accent and say ''Tree' for three. They forget that version of an English accent where people say ''free''.
    We don't all sound exactly the same.

Best thing to do is close one eye, poke an imaginary pitchfork at him, and growl "Ooor-AAAARRHHH, you'm be a witch!!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm done with this day already. I'm really fcuking done with it. And you ya flutebag that always needs help with everything stay away from me. You've already annoyed me this morning with yet another stupid question. Everyone is sick of you. Grrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Facebook annoys me more and more every day, and I use it less and less. Can't deactivate the account as I actually need it for a few things (mainly events), but God it's gone to ****e.

Clickbaity sponsered articles that keep coming up, always the same ones too.

People bittching about other people or various things in their lives, as well terribly ill informed comments on news articles (literally every one has decented into arguing about abortion or politics and calling anyone who disagrees with you a "FG/FF/SF bot")

Seriously Facebook has made the truly retarded in people come out.

**Oh and people mourning dead people they didn't even know, grinds my gears to the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Constant crappy vegan food from work catering. I JUST WANT A BLOODY BURGER FOR JESIS SAKE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Try_harder wrote: »
    I don’t think they can legally do a second sale tbf, hate the rules not the player

To be fair, I see cashiers doing this regularly with paracetamol and calpol. On Sunday just gone I was in a shop and the cashier put through a second box of paracetamol as a second sale for an old lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I'm done with this day already. I'm really fcuking done with it. And you ya flutebag that always needs help with everything stay away from me. You've already annoyed me this morning with yet another stupid question. Everyone is sick of you. Grrr

You could be talking about me :eek::D

My TA, messaged someone on POF with a lot of similarities they replied "bye" seriously how rude do you have to be to do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

erica74 wrote: »
    To be fair, I see cashiers doing this regularly with paracetamol and calpol. On Sunday just gone I was in a shop and the cashier put through a second box of paracetamol as a second sale for an old lady.

They shouldn’t it’s illegal.

Not worth losing your job over

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA Feeling really guilty for putting something off again. I need to formulate a bit of a plan of attack so to speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You could be talking about me

It's not you. Your username is way too clever. :)

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Turn oven on. Should take about 30 minutes. Check on food after 25. Forgot to put food in the oven -_-

I ordered a takeaway using just-eat.ie on Sunday after getting back from a flight. I made the order at around 11pm. It dawned upon at exactly 12:01 that I never pressed that last click to confirm button. Everything had closed at midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bought one more ticket than I needed to the Paul Simon gig in July, I may now become a tout! :mad::mad:
    ...it's money I needed too for replacing a boiler!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Bought one more ticket than I needed to the Paul Simon gig in July, I may now become a tout! :mad::mad:
    ...it's money I needed too for replacing a boiler!!!

I was logged on to TM at 9am yesterday to be sure I got a ticket. But then when I saw the prices I could not justify it. €100 for the cheapest tickets....too rich for my mean blood!
    And I am not mad about hte RDS as a venue...but still...feel like I am missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I was logged on to TM at 9am yesterday to be sure I got a ticket. But then when I saw the prices I could not justify it. €100 for the cheapest seats....to rich for my mean blood!

That's only for standing tickets too... no respite for the bum!
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

You are too quick for my nija edits! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I paid ~€130 each for two tickets for Michael Bublé in Croke Park in July. I personally would rather service the cars that day, but Woman likes the little twunt. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Listening to my kids arguing over the tv and my 4year old has been whinging sounds like a ****ing werewolf howling at the moon..just shut the **** up ! Sorry bout my rant i needed to get off my chest.. I need to hurry the **** up and get better hate being ill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Like with crisps, I also dislike the smell of fish. I typically only eat battered fish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

One word, smoking.

Smoking gets on my TAts.

I don't see how smoking can benefit us in any way. It only makes things worse, not just for smokers, but for everyone else, from the horrible smell to the medical complications that arise from smoking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

When the sun is in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I managed to get pancake batter in my eye. That’s not a euphemism btw :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Fuuuck, it's pancake Tuesday!?!?

I almost forgot that it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

All I want is to live in a warm climate and I just can't find a job that provides this :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Damn I forgot about pancake Tuesday :'(

Ninjini wrote: »
    . That’s not a euphemism btw :D

Sure its not :pac:

When people in Facebook groups post a ''Thanks for letting me join'' post in the group. You can write it on the pinned post if you want, but everyone gets a notification every time, and they clutter the page. (Unless you turn notifications off, and miss good posts).

The same TA with people typing ''F'' or something to turn notifications for the post. You can select notifications from the dropdown menu. The admin reminds people of this every week. I understand fairly new FB members doing it, but most people could have worked this out by now.

my shift keys broke ages ago. i remapped it to the other side of my keyboard but i'm not used to typing that way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bluey can't get the shift, lol.

I'm hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I must be the only person who doesn't give a fcuk that it is Pancake Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Sure its not :pac:

2qjh9pe.jpg

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

I kinda lost interest in it, and that probably goes for most holidays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I didn't have 7,331 pancakes today.

I had to settle for one crepe. It was a very very nice crepe but still I'd have liked a pain in my belly from all the thousands of pancakes I usually have.

Oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I kinda lost interest in it, and that probably goes for most holidays.

Aye & I'm TA in advance over the comments I'll get for not "giving something up for Lent".

Tempted to reply "I have made plenty of lifestyle changes 2 years ago & stuck to them, how long will you last"

But that would not go down well.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Tell them "I'm giving up clocking annoying people, I was doing well but then I started talking to you"... See if they shut up quickly enough!

Aye & I'm TA in advance over the comments I'll get for not "giving something up for Lent".

Tempted to reply "I have made plenty of lifestyle changes 2 years ago & stuck to them, how long will you last"

But that would not go down well.

I never gave up anything for lent before, f*** that sh!t.

Nor do I care for Pancake Tuesday.

• Advertisement

These days, I've pretty much given up on Lent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

When certain people don't clear their messages.
    Awfully inconsiderate ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Wheat, dairy, and egg intolerant in my house, so you not alone in not giving a f*&k about it either. Not worth the seriously unpleasant consequences.

I didn't want to do college work today, So I compromised by setting out the layout for my next three assignments.

Two hours of times new roman, 18/14/12 point, 1.5 line spaces, header and footers in numbers and numerals, endless semicolons and colons! For information that mostly isn't going to be read!:(:rolleyes::(:rolleyes::(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

It used to be a big ta when people called me a cis woman but now that I am transitioning I completely get it. Cis Mods are full of hate for transmods. I can’t sleep a wink tonight I’m so stressed at the disrespect. I’m being excluded from the moderators inner sanctum.

I am woke, and it’s been painful awakening. Why are people so full of hate?

When certain people don't clear their messages.
    Awfully inconsiderate ;)

I get annoyed when people don't reply to my messages in time. It's happened to me so many times on Facebook that I've lost count.

• Advertisement

Like I could name so many things that get on my TAts, I've already named two of them, Ireland's education system and smoking.

Now here's another...... bullying!

Where do I begin with it? It's absolutely dreadful in all ways. The fact that some people do nothing to try and stop it is horrible. Seeing children or people in general commit suicide over it is sad and desperate :(, you really have to feel for those poor people.

I've been bullied all my life with punches to the face in all, especially in 3rd class. That was when I was naive and oblivious, now I've become far more aware and can stand up for myself or act maturely.

I took my 99 year old grandmother to the doctor today. Ninety nine!!! She is tiny, very frail, struggles to walk even with my support and her stick. There was 12 people sitting in the 12 seats and not one..NOT ONE .. offered her a seat. I had to ask someone if they wouldn't mind, just for a moment, allowing her to sit down while I got her checked in. TA that a whole room full of people could be so f'in rude.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's the pits! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Valentines day tomorrow. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

It used to be a big ta when people called me a cis woman but now that I am transitioning I completely get it. Cis Mods are full of hate for transmods. I can’t sleep a wink tonight I’m so stressed at the disrespect. I’m being excluded from the moderators inner sanctum.

I am woke, and it’s been painful awakening. Why are people so full of hate?

I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or what you're trying to say?

northgirl wrote: »
    Valentines day tomorrow. Ugh.

Meh. Wednesday.

AKA.....

Hump day! :pac::D:pac::D:pac::D Seriously, what are the odds? Like, 1 in 7?

My TA for the evening is...

Copycats.

(Seph, I'm looking at you).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    My TA for the evening is...

Copycats.

(Seph, I'm looking at you).

I gave you credit for it ;)

Yeah, yeah. Edits-shmedits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Plonkers in Islington town hall cancelled our appointment to register our baby's birth, didn't bother telling us in any way, shape or form and then left us waiting for an hour with our toddler kicking off. Funnily enough we were seen rather sharpish after asking to speak to a supervisor...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement