Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I took my 99 year old grandmother to the doctor today. Ninety nine!!! She is tiny, very frail, struggles to walk even with my support and her stick. There was 12 people sitting in the 12 seats and not one..NOT ONE .. offered her a seat. I had to ask someone if they wouldn't mind, just for a moment, allowing her to sit down while I got her checked in. TA that a whole room full of people could be so f'in rude.

That's just f***ed up beyond belief. Goes to show what a kip this world is.

That's just f***ed up beyond belief. Goes to show what a kip this world is.

In fairness, usually people are very kind when I'm with her. Jumping up to open doors and offering us the seat closest to the door even if there's lots of others available. But today was shocking. A whole room full of ignorant people, gathered together!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

TA'd at a member of my team who is a lovely person and all but is a complete weak link. The team often go to her for work advice, quite often she is wrong but I will come off as a cow if I interrupt everytime she does it. If only they knew how poorly her work stacks up against theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

mohawk wrote: »
    TA'd at a member of my team who is a lovely person and all but is a complete weak link. The team often go to her for work advice, quite often she is wrong but I will come off as a cow if I interrupt everytime she does it. If only they knew how poorly her work stacks up against theirs.

would it work to let her swim a bit to show them how weak a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My costumes for the musical have a lot of those sparkly little sequences on them. I'm finding them EVERYWHERE. I found them in my hair, down my bra, in the shower. I'll be finding them a month after the show is finished!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

KatW4 wrote: »
    My costumes for the musical have a lot of those sparkly little sequences on them. I'm finding them EVERYWHERE. I found them in my hair, down my bra, in the shower. I'll be finding them a month after the show is finished!

Cant stand glitter, picked up a birthday card the other day and was finding glitter all over me for the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I took my 99 year old grandmother to the doctor today. Ninety nine!!! She is tiny, very frail, struggles to walk even with my support and her stick. There was 12 people sitting in the 12 seats and not one..NOT ONE .. offered her a seat. I had to ask someone if they wouldn't mind, just for a moment, allowing her to sit down while I got her checked in. TA that a whole room full of people could be so f'in rude.

Absolute pure ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

erica74 wrote: »
    I can't figure out if you're being sarcastic or what you're trying to say?

Yesterday I was self identifying as a moderator. Today I feel unicornish.
    Just a little joke :)

It's just as well they never gave me my own ban hammer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

KatW4 wrote: »

A month! Thats the dream.... I am still finding sequins from a costume I had nearly three years ago.....and ive even moved house since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My missus left the gas on all night by mistake and only realised this morning when she smelled it. Luckily she did because I have no sense of smell. So she woke me up to ask me to lock her out as she left her key in work. I didn't know about the gas being on during the night but I told her I had an awful headache. So off she went to work but when she arrived she was worried about my headache and googled carbon monoxide poisoning and she got an awful fright. So she raced back home trying to ring me but my phone was on silent and I was asleep. I woke up to frantic knocking at the front door and she was so worried, the poor thing.

So now I'm sitting in the house with all of the windows open and I'm frozen out of it. Let's hope I don't fall asleep :p

happy Valentine's day, my missus tried to gas me :p

Disinformation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My missus left the gas on all night by mistake and only realised this morning when she smelled it. Luckily she did because I have no sense of smell. So she woke me up to ask me to lock her out as she left her key in work. I didn't know about the gas being on during the night but I told her I had an awful headache. So off she went to work but when she arrived she was worried about my headache and googled carbon monoxide poisoning and she got an awful fright. So she raced back home trying to ring me but my phone was on silent and I was asleep. I woke up to frantic knocking at the front door and she was so worried, the poor thing.

So now I'm sitting in the house with all of the windows open and I'm frozen out of it. Let's hope I don't fall asleep :p

happy Valentine's day,my missus tried to gas me :p

Those pesky Germans :P

Gas for my Valentine...good name for a band?

You might be able to get some kind of safety cut out thingy for the gas

MY TA, I'm plague ridden again. Feels like flu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Needing to cough really badly while on the phone to a client who won't shut up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I think I've lost a beanie hat that I only had a couple of weeks, not a huge loss but it's annoying the feck out of me.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Those pesky Germans :P

I said to her that she could only resist the temptation to gas me for so long :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

In that case your avatar should be Selma and not Patty! Remember the episode where she marries Sideshow Bob and he attempts to murder her by leaving the gas on in the knowledge that she'd wake up and light a cigarette, unaware of the gas due to her lacking a sense of smell! :eek:

Did your OH ever have a job as a television clown by chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The woman who comes into work here on an ad-hoc basis. She is very nice but hugely disruptive. Having a big fight with her husband on her mobile. Feel awful for her but we are trying to get some work done in here :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Needing to cough really badly while on the phone to a client who won't shut up.

Mute the phone.

But don't forget to unmute it afterwards, otherwise you'll be talking to yourself like "someone" has done in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Helping a friend's daughter furnish her house. As she is new to that city I was "volunteered" to help her.
    When I went to the house, she didn't have any clue as to the sizes of the room she wants flooring for first(against advice she binned the brochure with all that info)

The TA? she had NO idea of how measurements work. Rowed with me all am, cause she didn't understand that cm's and meters or meters sq were different measurements and that a cm is much smaller than a meter.

She works with metric in her job, so it's not that. How is it possible that someone with a 3rd level science qual, cant figure out measurements even after googling it.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    Helping a friend's daughter furnish her house. As she is new to that city I was "volunteered" to help her.
    When I went to the house, she didn't have any clue as to the sizes of the room she wants flooring for first(against advice she binned the brochure with all that info)

The TA? she had NO idea of how measurements work. Rowed with me all am, cause she didn't understand that cm's and meters or meters sq were different measurements and that a cm is much smaller than a meter.

She works with metric in her job, so it's not that. How is it possible that someone with a 3rd level science qual, cant figure out measurements even after googling it.

She doesn't know a centimeter is smaller than a meter?

That's the maddest thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Groups of younsters all lugging around litre bottles of water..Is that cool now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Bredabe wrote: »

<TWITCH>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Chilblains on my toes. Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Chemo bells.

OK, so I'm sure of you know (because I prattle on about it endlessly - it's therapeutic :P) but I have metastatic breast cancer.

I'm a member of various support groups both in person and online. Anyway, through some of these groups, I've heard of a thing in other countries that has not reached Irish shores yet, thank fook. And I hope it never does.

In some oncology day wards in other countries, there is a bell in the ward. The idea is that at the end of their very last treatment, the person rings the bell. It's symbolic and supposed to be uplifting. Sounds good, right? What could be the problem with that?

Well, in any given oncology ward, you'll have people with all kinds of cancer in getting their treatments. Many of those people are terminal. So their treatments will never end. Or, sorry, they will end. But their treatments ending means that there is nothing left for them and they are being transferred to hospice to die. Imagine being one of those people, watching someone ringing their "end of treatment" bell? It's so massively insensitive, I can't believe it's allowed.

And the sad thing is, some of those bell-ringers will be back in when their cancer returns. For example, with breast cancer, 20-30% of early-stage patients will go on to develop metastatic disease.

I had another illness in my 20s. It was at times life-threatening but I got through it. The day of my last operation after which it was sorted, I stalked out of that hospital (as quickly as my surgery-hobbled body would allow) and never looked back. I did not need no bell to feel elated or rub anyone else's nose in my good fortune.

Sorry, Ranty McCranky here. But some of the "feelgood" bullshit surrounding cancer is so goddamn nauseating and insensitive and really gets on my (diseased) tits.

And that reminds me of another TA of mine: CANCER. Why does it have to take so many people's lives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I went for a browse around Penneys. Picked up a few bits n bobs, one of which was the usual 4 pack of knickers. Only when I got home did I realise I picked up the wrong pack and got the full briefs :pac:
    Might crack them out tonight for the lols
    I also picked up the wrong sized sheet, I got single instead of double. Foreshadowing perhaps that I'll be single tonight once he sees the horror

Many laptops have a much lower price-performance ratio compared to equivalent desktops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Best. Valentine's. Ever. !!!!

And then there's the 1366x768 resolution.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

anna080 wrote: »
    I went for a browse around Penney's. Picked up a few bits n bobs, one of which was the usual 4 pack of knickers. Only when I got home did I realise I picked up the wrong pack and got the full briefs :pac:
    Might crack them out tonight for the lols
    I also picked up the wrong sized sheet, I got single instead of double. Foreshadowing perhaps that I'll be single tonight once he sees the horror

Passion Killers :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Neven Maguire calling a restaurant a restrunt . Gets right on my t!ts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Companies who don't do what they say they'll do. Waiting for reps from 2 different companies to get back to me with answers to solve issues I’ve been having, both having promised they'd look in to it and get back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

iamwhoiam wrote: »

And coo-king....hate that pronunciation !!

As an edit..I was born in West London....moved here as a kid...and had a perfect west London accent.....I had a teacher in 5th class who asked,

" Does your mam do the coo-king in your house"
    I replied, "No-one does the coo- king in my house, you don't loo-k at a boo-k do you? My father cooks!"

Fck he hit me hard for that one.... but it was sodding worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

TA'd at myself for being an idiot. I am a grown adult and yet earlier when I was texting a friend (it is possible that I have feelings for said friend) it took me ages to write each message because I kept deleting it and starting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Web designers.

Why do they create pages that, just when I am about to click on something, the page moves very slightly and I end up clicking on something either above or below it.

And also, they have a new tactic...think I seen it on the Indo's website. An advert appears at the bottom, complete with X in the top corner to kill it, when I move my mouse over it, it grows and I have to go chasing it to kill it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsay does the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Alun wrote: »
    Gordon Ramsay does the same.

I blank him out of my world !

When emails go unreplied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

How about when you wait for a car to come out of a space in a car park beside you that you want to park in and then somebody comes out of nowhere and takes it on you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

ATM screens where the withdraw cash amounts don't line up properly with the buttons.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Web designers.

I've also had a wishy-washy experience with sites like Tom's Hardware and Laptop Mag, both of which frequently produce a newsletter subscription pop-up whenever I right-click a link on the website to open it in a new tab, and then take me to the page I right-clicked its link on, in the same tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

TA, playing Grand Theft Auto 5, first ever time selling a collection of cars together as I've been selling one at a time for months and months now.

Decided to chance my arm and do a collection of cars, consisting of 4 cars altogether, if we get all 4 cars to the destination there is a nice in game bonus in it for me, and the lobby seemed quiet so said I'd chance it, I have to hire 3 associates in order to do this, and invite them to my vehicle warehouse, took ages to get 3 other players to join.

Finally I manage to get 3 guys to join, and I launch the mission.

The 4 cars appear outside the warehouse and off we go.

B*****d outside with a fighter jet takes out 3 of us with missiles, including me, one of my teammates managed to get away and sell the car. So annoying, lost the better part of $180,000. The one time I chanced it and it goes tits up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Can't sleep. Mind racing, not like me at all. My cousin, one year older than me, died a few days ago. Still not believing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

madmaggie wrote: »
    Can't sleep. Mind racing, not like me at all. My cousin, one year older than me, died a few days ago. Still not believing it.

Sorry for your troubles. I'd suggest a hot chocolate or a night cap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Fecking snowing when I came out of the house this morning!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    How about when you wait for a car to come out of a space in a car park beside you that you want to park in and then somebody comes out of nowhere and takes it on you?

Or you're in the process of reversing into the space and they shoot behind you into the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

The car park I park in for work is quite small (fits about 80-100 cars) and the pay and display is right at the entrance to the car park so even if you end up parking your car in the furthest spot away from the pay and display it will probably take you less than 10 seconds to walk from the furthest spot to the pay and display. The car park is rarely packed out btw so it would be rare someone would even have to park at the furthest space.

Every morning there is always some a*hole who INSISTS on driving into the car park, stopping the car in front of the pay & display, hopping out to get their ticket (ticket machine can sometimes be temperamental and slow), getting back into their car with their ticket and then driving about 15 metres up the car park to a space. To save them the whole 10-15 seconds of walking to the machine and back.

Meanwhile, other cars entering the car park cannot get past the entrance to park their car because said a*hole is blocking the whole thing up and they end up with their a*ses sticking out in the main road ready to cause an accident.

Gets on my TAts every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

sryanbruen wrote: »

That ain't TA....that be road rage!!!:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement