Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

smeal wrote: »
    The car park I park in for work is quite small (fits about 80-100 cars) and the pay and display is right at the entrance to the car park so even if you end up parking your car in the furthest spot away from the pay and display it will probably take you less than 10 seconds to walk from the furthest spot to the pay and display. The car park is rarely packed out btw so it would be rare someone would even have to park at the furthest space.

Every morning there is always some a*hole who INSISTS on driving into the car park, stopping the car in front of the pay & display, hopping out to get their ticket (ticket machine can sometimes be temperamental and slow), getting back into their car with their ticket and then driving about 15 metres up the car park to a space. To save them the whole 10-15 seconds of walking to the machine and back.

Meanwhile, other cars entering the car park cannot get past the entrance to park their car because said a*hole is blocking the whole thing up and they end up with their a*ses sticking out in the main road ready to cause an accident.

Gets on my TAts every time.

Have you tried blowing your horn?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The fact that Irish is a minority language that is spoken by only a small figure of the population.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

The fact that Irish is a minority language that is spoken by only a small figure of the population.

It's ranked between 17th and 20th on the list of spoken languages on this island

I'm all for saving the language, but forcing it upon unwilling kids in school is my TA...it Just turned so many off.
    Make it an optional subject and perhaps entice people to take it if there arr extra points available for the leaving.

It's ranked between 17th and 20th on the list of spoken languages on this island

I'm all for saving the language, but forcing it upon unwilling kids in school is my TA...it Just turned so many off.
    Make it an optional subject and perhaps entice people to take it if there arr extra points available for the leaving.

I wholeheartedly agree. Mandatory subjects also get on my TAts. Forcing subjects upon unwilling people is only going to cause more damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

I wholeheartedly agree. Mandatory subjects also get on my TAts. Forcing subjects upon unwilling people is only going to cause more damage.

Knowing how this country works, the best approach to reviving it would be to ban it. The number of speakers would skyrocket... :D

In all seriousness, a removal of the subject's mandation and a new oral-based curriculum is what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Neighbours, usually people with no car throwing out huge amounts of food for the crows and seagulls. The bird crap all over my car is disgusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl who say "get on with it" when I'm tired and can't remember the names of things, esp when THEY start the conversation.

The sort of abuse online a couple who work for animal charities in their area are getting because they/1 of them( I don't know for sure and don't care) lesbian/trans. How is that relevant to what they do? And they do it well!

The harsh un compassionate tone of lots of the tweets I read on a repeal thread this am, scary future if this level of non-compassion is as commonplace outside of the teen's as it seems.

Annoyed that I can't remember if it's discompassionate or uncompassionate.

Your man in oz, forbidding sexual relationships between senior/junior staff members, cause forbidding anything sexual works so well!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I'm sure it's been said before but...

When windows decides it is going to configure / apply updates right now and just does it!

It's my fcukin computer! Let me decide when it's convenient, not when I'm in the middle of doing something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Waiting in for people who can't be arsed to text to say they're not coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,921 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

storker wrote: »
    ATM screens where the withdraw cash amounts don't line up properly with the buttons.

Or ATMs that don't have an "other amounts" option so if you want an amount that isn't one of their preconfigured options, you've to do two transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Or ATMs that don't have an "other amounts" option so if you want an amount that isn't one of their preconfigured options, you've to do two transactions.

Literally just did this.
    And it's in a busy shop so there's always a queue so you get a lot of tuts doing 2 transactions. GRRRRRR

TA'd that the same ATM allows you to pick an amount when it can't give it to you.
    I'd like 80
    Sorry, we only have 50s
    GRRRR why give me the option.
    Spits your card out. DOUBLE GRRRRR just let me pick another amount!!
    Have to start again.

Drives me bananas

madmaggie wrote: »
    Waiting in for people who can't be arsed to text to say they're not coming.

I've had many of such experiences before.

Back in November 2016, I asked one of my classmates to come to my house and play basketball in the park. He was only really interested in the latter, however.

He said that he would come down, but there was no sign of him at the door, without him giving a warning. I asked him again that month, and guess what, he did not notify me that he would not come.

This has not happened to me before, but I know the feeling when a piece of tech that you bought has been superseded during delivery of your product.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Bum-kissers.

And seasickness ever time I move my head. Wtf is this bug?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The water in our taps is all brown and cloudy...which I discovered after I had chugged a glass of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have an old friend who texts me every single time she's trollied and they're always the same messages; "I miss you so much, we need to meet up! Remember the time..".. yet I know if I text her tomorrow to go for something to eat she wouldn't reply. It's happened loads of times. I can nearly tell by her Snapchats when I'm going to receive a drunken text and they're always the same, but it's radio silence if I ever attempt to take her up on her offer. TA'd by absolute shiite talkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Every single measurement implement in the house is greasy, didn't spot it until noodles were cooked.

Meat/oil flavoured noodles for late lunch:eek::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The integrity of some people on this planet, especially my classmates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

sryanbruen wrote: »
    How about when you wait for a car to come out of a space in a car park beside you that you want to park in and then somebody comes out of nowhere and takes it on you?

Get this. Once hubs and I were in the car park of Nutgrove Shopping Centre looking for a space on a Saturday. Naturally it was really busy. FINALLY one became available. As we were just about to drive into it, a guy rolled into it from the parking space joined to it at the top which had just happened to become free at the same time. So he had already got a spot the other side but decided he wanted ours so he wouldn’t have to reverse out. Then when he rolled into our spot of course someone else got the one he had driven over. Totally selfish behaviour, he would have known well that someone was waiting for that spot as the car park was clearly very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

The After hours thread in Social & Fun.

Finding this particular thread has given me some joy but only so I can moan about the thread in general :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

How about supercomputers or models?

We waste so much money on the stupid yokes just to have inaccuracy and unreliability.

The weather will be what it wants to be regardless of what some supercomputers have to say.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Get this. Once hubs and I were in the car park of Nutgrove Shopping Centre looking for a space on a Saturday. Naturally it was really busy. FINALLY one became available. As we were just about to drive into it, a guy rolled into it from the parking space joined to it at the top which had just happened to become free at the same time. So he had already got a spot the other side but decided he wanted ours so he wouldn’t have to reverse out. Then when he rolled into our spot of course someone else got the one he had driven over. Totally selfish behaviour, he would have known well that someone was waiting for that spot as the car park was clearly very busy.

That's the kind of behaviour I'm talking about, like it's f****** outrageous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

What do you think causes this kind of behaviour?

Impatience in this case. Humans are truly awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Facts on news stories that are meant to shock but which, if you analyse them a bit, are quite irrelevant.

Example today.

Radio news telling us that 1,000,000 snapchat users have complained about the new user interface, they are finding it very difficult to use (God love them).

I think this was meant to sound like a massive uprising. But Snapchat has 150,000,000 users daily. So 0.66% of users aren't happy? Big deal.

Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instrgram and all the rest of those yokes get on my TAts,
    they just make people daft and live on 'platforms'

Get down off yer platforms and live in the real world.

Oh yeah...... Facebook.

Don't remind me of it, got worse and worse every year.

I remember when I liked it and that was when there were some decent games on it like Geo Challenge - 'til they removed or shut down all them.

As for Snapchat..... what an overrated piece of trash.

Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instrgram and all the rest of those yokes get on my TAts,
    they just make people daft and live on 'platforms'

Get down off yer platforms and live in the real world.

F*** Facebook. I'll never go near Snapchat anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was too lazy to get tester pots and the difference between the paint chart and the actual colour on the walls is too much to live with :(

• Advertisement

The junk on YouTube we get these days from the likes of PewDiePie and Jake and Logan Paul.

The junk on YouTube we get these days from the likes of PewDiePie and Jake and Logan Paul.

Logan Paul.....

Oh Jesus Christ.

The popular side of YouTube definitely has seen better days.

It really gets on my TAts when the yellow '!' triangle appears next to the internet settings icon on the taskbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

No 6 Nations and no Arsenal this weekend! Suggestions of things to do?
    Sleep is winning!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

any word that begins with this

#

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

One thing that's been bugging the s**t out of me of late is job announcements on local radio, it's these great multinational companies setting up or expanding their operations and creating so many hundred jobs.

I can always predict what the newsreader says to a tee, "Good news on the jobs front today as [Insert company name here] have announced an expansion which is expected to roll out 200 jobs at their site in Dublin."

Dublin, why is it always Dublin?? Why can't they spread the wealth and branch out a bit across the country, bet you the midlands or somewhere down the country would benefit greatly from a multinational setup. Give some workers a better work/life balance. Get them off the motorways and save them the long commutes, traffic, petrol/toll costs and getting up at stupid o clock in the morning. Be better for road safety as well as local economies, people would have a bit more money to spend and time to themselves, maybe build or rent a place outside Dublin. People could spend more time with their family, or enjoy their hobbies after work.

Good luck with that when you're stuck on the M50 in the morning/evening shouting at the bellend in front of you in traffic, sipping on an overpriced outskirts of Dublin petrol station coffee because you're wrecked from a few days working and annoying commuting times, before arriving home and having just enough time to cook a meal and go to bed, and rinse and repeat for the next day. What kind of a f**king life is that? Basically living for the weekend, literally!

I mean in comparison to other counties, a lot of Ireland is still stuck in the stone age employment wise. And it was like that during the boom too, a lot of the smaller cities and towns got a shopping centre if they were lucky and that's the only development a smaller city or town gets and a few overpriced apartment blocks as well, More minimum wage jobs than anything and s**t contract jobs where you don't know what hours you're doing from one week to the next.

Am I the only one who thinks the table is quite tilted in Ireland? It's almost like they don't want you to make a living and have a half decent work/life balance during your Monday to Friday, there should be some sort of upheaval in this country. There is 20 odd other counties that struggle to move forward and prosper, while Dublin plows ahead. I understand Dublin has it's own problems like with the homeless crisis and all but I'm talking like in economic terms, they are looked after better than other counties and everywhere else falls behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You got to ask why do these companies all want to be based in Dublin?

Are they being incentivised to locate in other parts of the country?

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the table is quite tilted in Ireland?

I'm with you here. I think it's time for other counties to get a chance for once.

The kids' channels on YouTube that somehow manage to rack up millions of views.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

NIMAN wrote: »
    You got to ask why do these companies all want to be based in Dublin?

Are they being incentivised to locate in other parts of the country?

I very much doubt it, I do think it should happen, give them like a tax break for setting up, least a few people can land a job then, and be home at a reasonable hour to do whatever instead of spending hours driving, have a meal with their family, go to the gym, help kids with homework or just spend time with them. You know? but in fairness a lot of these companies don't pay their fair share already and find some sort of loophole to get out of it.

Recently I finished a computer networking and maintenance course, spent 9 months doing it, was very full on. While we were about to start 3 weeks work experience to finish out the course (not enough weeks if you ask me but anyway) 2 lads in our class managed to get jobs at a well known multinational in Dublin in an IT role, which from we are located would be a good 2 hours away with traffic there and back. Was delighted for the lads, didn't know how'd they'd manage being one hasn't his own car yet and the other lad has a car. Both of them might move up in the near future.

Anyway I was out with the rest of the class a few weeks ago, having a few pints and we knew this place wanted more staff, and one of the guys who was sober might I add because he had to drive home, he said "You know what we should do lads? we should all put in for those jobs and if by pure luck they hire the four of us, I'll drive us all up and you guys can throw me a few euro for petrol" we said "F**k yeah I'll apply, sounds like a good plan" etc

So the next day I applied. And we had a group chat on facebook open, and I just said "Hey I put in for that job did the rest of ye do the same??"

And the guy that made us apply under the condition we had the lift up and back, would have cost nothing for the four of us, he does a u-turn and says "Nah, the thoughts of driving up, think I'll forget it"

F**k sake, I'm not driving now being I can't afford a car at the moment, I jumped at the carpool thing, being we'd get there and we'd all save and benefit from it, then it goes tits up. He was one of like 2 lads in the class that had their own transport. Yeah this commuting thing for the better jobs is just a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

There's a guy on the bus having a very load phone conversation. He keeps making jokes and laughs very loudly at them. He's also managed to come out with some gems like "I don't like fair City or anyone who associates themselves with it."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

_Dara_ wrote: »
    How about when you wait for a car to come out of a space in a car park beside you that you want to park in and then somebody comes out of nowhere and takes it on you?

I'm going to put my hand up and admit I do this!
    It's simply because there is less of a chance of me scratching your car if I'm driving straight out and not reversing out!

To thine own self be true

I'm going to put my hand up and admit I do this!
    It's simply because there is less of a chance of me scratching your car if I'm driving straight out and not reversing out!

At least you're honest. I admire honesty.

At least you're honest. I admire honesty.

Theres also less of a chance of knocking anyone down or having scammers say you reversed into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I just cannot find a nail varnish that will last more than a day.
    The colour on the very tips of my nails fade after a day, then I see chipped areas at the sides. It's so annoying.

I undercoat, apply two layers, letting the first layer dry fully before applying the second, then applying a top coat.

I have used cheap polish, expensive polish, I've done everything but no matter what I use it still chips or fades after a day or so.
    I refuse to go down the Shellac route!

fussyonion wrote: »
    I just cannot find a nail varnish that will last more than a day.
    The colour on the very tips of my nails fade after a day, then I see chipped areas at the sides. It's so annoying.

I undercoat, apply two layers, letting the first layer dry fully before applying the second, then applying a top coat.

I have used cheap polish, expensive polish, I've done everything but no matter what I use it still chips or fades after a day or so.
    I refuse to go down the Shellac route!

What about gloves with nails on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA at yet another meeting with a health provider today who, rather than explain and make an accurate point, decided I was too thick to understand.

I would much rather have been told that well, there were studies for and against, and nothing yet proven either way, so erring on the side of caution was the best option in their opinion.

Instead I was told one over-simplified version of events. Cos' you know, let's just assume the customer/patient cannot possibly comprehend the complexities of medical research or approach.

The Irish medical profession really needs an overhaul in communication skills and policies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sryanbruen wrote:

I don't see what the fuss is.

He might have seen a person behind him waiting for a spot and said he'd make it easier for them without having seen the poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

^^Totally agree with the above, I've had medical people speak to me verrry sloooowly. I do not have an intellectual disability, and have put it down to my lack of a third level education, and being from a lower socio economic background.

• Advertisement

I don't see what the fuss is.

He might have seen a person behind him waiting for a spot and said he'd make it easier for them without having seen the poster.

Yeah, it doesn't piss you off how you wait for a minute or two for somebody to come out of a spot in an otherwise almost completely full car park just for somebody who comes out of nowhere and takes it on you the last second before you can park at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement