Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sryanbruen wrote:
    Yeah, it doesn't piss you off how you wait for a minute or two for somebody to come out of a spot in an otherwise almost completely full car park just for somebody who comes out of nowhere and takes it on you the last second before you can park at it.

That is annoying. If they've seen you. If not, swings and roundabouts really. No?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

madmaggie wrote: »
    ^^Totally agree with the above, I've had medical people speak to me verrry sloooowly. I do not have an intellectual disability, and have put it down to my lack of a third level education, and being from a lower socio economic background.

When they do that to me, I speak veeeeerrrry sloooowly back at them while staring them straight in the eye and shooting daggers. They stop very quickly.

Patronising gits. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

madmaggie wrote: »
    ^^Totally agree with the above, I've had medical people speak to me verrry sloooowly. I do not have an intellectual disability, and have put it down to my lack of a third level education, and being from a lower socio economic background.

Madmaggie exactly but even with a third level education, the default setting seems to be that the patient is unable to comprehend, regardless.

How about they just flip that over : assume every patient is able to understand, explain thoroughly, and use communication skills to ensure that patient did indeed understand.

Some practitioners do, but it's rare to come across one.

I've to go across to the TH thread now for redemption, I seem to hang around this thread too much these days. Shark week and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Grrrrr aaaaargg parking can bring out the most ignorant of people.... driving around a carpark a while ago and spotted a lovely slanty space big delighted head on me and then discovered some owl whingebag of a woman standing in it 'saving' it for someone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I will never forgive Nintendo's attitude towards the community.

Remember the fan remake of Metroid 2, AM2R? Nintendo DMCA'd it. I know we got a solid official remake last year, but come on, Nintendo. Is that your idea of treating fans with respect?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Try_harder wrote: »
    No 6 Nations and no Arsenal this weekend! Suggestions of things to do?
    Sleep is winning!!!

Munster are playing ...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My head is so itchy. I'm tearing it apart from all the scratching. And no I don't have nits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Probably that glitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Grayson wrote: »
    There's a guy on the bus having a very load phone conversation. He keeps making jokes and laughs very loudly at them. He's also managed to come out with some gems like "I don't like fair City or anyone who associates themselves with it."

A few years back I was on a bus from Limerick to Cork and there was a woman near the back having a very loud phone conversation and laughing loudly. After about 5 minutes of this, her phone rang. Nearly fell off the seat with laughter.

I assume the call simply dropped and other person called back, however with the look of the woman I wouldn't be surprised if she did it just to be annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Now my head is itchy too !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Constantly hearing actual "millenials" refer to teenagers as millenials. It's such a poxy term anyway but worsened by folk who don't even know its meaning. Teenagers are not millenials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Arrogant people who assume that you fancy them, just because you're masturbating behind a bush outside their home. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Arrogant people who assume that you fancy them, just because you're masturbating behind a bush outside their home. :rolleyes:

Posters on certain (which I will not name) forums on here who do nothing but endlessly whinge and think that everyone is out to get them and is discriminating against them. Change the broken record!! This endless victim mentality is a pain in every orifice....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Probably over 200 seats in our work canteen

There are multiple meeting rooms on every floor

But self important clowns want to stand in front of the food service area, prop up the counter and block everyone and drone about some project that affects nobody else

You stand beside them, say excuse me and still they don’t move so you have to ask again and you get a dirty look as if you are the asshole :confused:

Ta’d at these guys!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Pedestrians and pedestrian crossings.

The amount of idiotic pedestrians who don't know the correct use of them get's on my nerves. They're a danger to themselves.

It's one thing to believe just because there is pedestrian crossing you wrongly think it gives you an automatic right of way and this will empower you with the jedi-like power to instantly stop vehicles weighing almost a tonne bearing down on you, it's another to see the clowns who just walk straight across the crossing with nary a glance either way that annoy me. A special place in the Hall of Stupidity is reserved for those who do that while emerging from parked cars as if drivers have Superman like powers which enable them to see through those parked vehicles, so self absorbed are these pedestrians they don't understand that if I have to brake hard to avoid killing you because of your stupidity, then I can only hope that the driver of the vehicle behind me has cat like reflexes when it comes to brakes.

Traffic must yield at a pedestrian crossing, not will yield. There is no guarantee that traffic will stop, the crossing does not give you right of way, you wait until it's safe to cross. If you don't understand that and find yourself getting serious injuries or worse for being so mind-numbingly thick you'll be getting no sympathy from me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

A friends a little tight with cash. Thinks her friends who work full time should pay more than she should. Ie, if we went for dinner she’d expect the people working to cover her.

Went to the cinema last night. She was fifteen mins late and the trailers had finished and movie started. I got the tickets for both of us as well as snacks so as she wouldn’t waste a further five mins. She watched the movie ate and drank the snacks and walked back to her car after the movie was over without so much as even offering to cover her ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Madmaggie exactly but even with a third level education, the default setting seems to be that the patient is unable to comprehend, regardless.

How about they just flip that over : assume every patient is able to understand, explain thoroughly, and use communication skills to ensure that patient did indeed understand.

Some practitioners do, but it's rare to come across one.

I've to go across to the TH thread now for redemption, I seem to hang around this thread too much these days. Shark week and all that...

I went to a clinic in the local hospital, the lady I saw, read my file and went to get someone(M)else. Who brought along a student who didn't have a name.
    Anyway, then the someone else told me I was (insert condition of the month, a condition already known to me ) and if I didn't sort that out, I would contract (insert another condition of the month here, a condition much threatened in my family, but never diagnosed) and get very ill and die.
    At the end of all this patronising, he says "I suppose that will happen anyway as you have B condition"(already diagnosed)
    Still can't figure out the point of that. TA
    Neither condition can be fixed by scaring the sufferers.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,921 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Got emergency taxed despite giving Payroll all my required documents and whatnot back in January :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

valoren wrote: »
    Pedestrians and pedestrian crossings.

The amount of idiotic pedestrians who don't know the correct use of them get's on my nerves. They're a danger to themselves.

It's one thing to believe just because there is pedestrian crossing you wrongly think it gives you an automatic right of way and this will empower you with the jedi-like power to instantly stop vehicles weighing almost a tonne bearing down on you, it's another to see the clowns who just walk straight across the crossing with nary a glance either way that annoy me. A special place in the Hall of Stupidity is reserved for those who do that while emerging from parked cars as if drivers have Superman like powers which enable them to see through those parked vehicles, so self absorbed are these pedestrians they don't understand that if I have to brake hard to avoid killing you because of your stupidity, then I can only hope that the driver of the vehicle behind me has cat like reflexes when it comes to brakes.

Traffic must yield at a pedestrian crossing, not will yield. There is no guarantee that traffic will stop, the crossing does not give you right of way, you wait until it's safe to cross. If you don't understand that and find yourself getting serious injuries or worse for being so mind-numbingly thick you'll be getting no sympathy from me.
    What's worse than this is something I see a dozen times every day here in Monaghan town. The council have put 2 parallel lines at various crossing points in the town. I did think they were for school crossing guards or something like that but some of them are nowhere near schools. People just seem to use them like zebra crossings and step out in front of cars all the time. I see children doing it all the time now because that is what they have come to expect.

Being told by people to go away as a joke. I don't find it funny in any way whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My nephew taking a vital test today, its well over now and I've not heard what the results were. TTTTTa.ed

*He passed all good!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Johnny Giles harping on about 'in my time'.
    That was 40 years ago Johnny, football has changed, footballers and their attutudes and lifestyles have changed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Being told by a relative stranger that you need to open up more. You need to mind your business more hun.

The tacky use of emoji, especially in the title of a YouTube video and in YT video descriptions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

fussyonion wrote: »
    I just cannot find a nail varnish that will last more than a day.
    The colour on the very tips of my nails fade after a day, then I see chipped areas at the sides. It's so annoying.

I undercoat, apply two layers, letting the first layer dry fully before applying the second, then applying a top coat.

I have used cheap polish, expensive polish, I've done everything but no matter what I use it still chips or fades after a day or so.
    I refuse to go down the Shellac route!

What about gloves with nails on them?
    A la Shourtney!

To thine own self be true

Dying in Breath of the Wild for the umpteenth time and seeing those battle tips, especially the one that mentions elixirs, along with hearing the preceding game over music, gets on my nerves.

One French class, we were instructed to design a poster for the European Day of Languages. I was in a group with two delinquents who just wouldn't listen to my orders and do the work they were supposed to do. What a pair of incompetent ***holes.

Speaking of school, virtually everybody in my class reads off the slides in their presentations, in a monotone voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,974 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

One French class, we were instructed to design a poster for the European Day of Languages. I was in a group with two delinquents who just wouldn't listen to my orders and do the work they were supposed to do. What a pair of incompetent ***holes.

I doubt you were appointed "leader" for the duration of a class project.

Take a chill pill.

(Are the kids still saying that? I'm not sure.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I doubt you were appointed "leader" for the duration of a class project.

Take a chill pill.

(Are the kids still saying that? I'm not sure.)

He was and even came to my class asking about the languages we spoke...... he's one of the few in his entire year that is not an absolute eejit.

There's another thing that gets my on TAts, people who say take a chill pill.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I'm going to put my hand up and admit I do this!
    It's simply because there is less of a chance of me scratching your car if I'm driving straight out and not reversing out!

In a car park that isn’t busy, it’s fine. I reckon you’d think twice about it in a really busy carpark. I think it took us another twenty minutes to find a spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Guys who wear a tie the same colour as their wife's dress.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    In a car park that isn’t busy, it’s fine. I reckon you’d think twice about it in a really busy carpark. I think it took us another twenty minutes to find a spot.

Yep, it took us 5-7 minutes to find another spot after that annoying experience happened.

I don't see what the fuss is.

He might have seen a person behind him waiting for a spot and said he'd make it easier for them without having seen the poster.
    That is annoying. If they've seen you. If not, swings and roundabouts really. No?

He absolutely would have known there was someone waiting for the spot, there was a procession of cars driving around the car park.

TA at yet another meeting with a health provider today who, rather than explain and make an accurate point, decided I was too thick to understand.

I would much rather have been told that well, there were studies for and against, and nothing yet proven either way, so erring on the side of caution was the best option in their opinion.

Instead I was told one over-simplified version of events. Cos' you know, let's just assume the customer/patient cannot possibly comprehend the complexities of medical research or approach.

The Irish medical profession really needs an overhaul in communication skills and policies.

Doctors seem amazed sometimes with the knowledge patients can have. A doctor was changing me to an different antibiotic once and I made a comment like “oh, yeah, that’s a broad spectrum antibiotic” and he was like “wow, are you a nurse?”. I was thinking “nope just a science grad who probably has a more in-depth knowledge of science than you, Mr. Scratching The Surface Medical Degree”.

I don’t wonder at doctors because, like any job, a small percentage of them will be incompetent. Crappy doctors delayed my cancer diagnosis to the point that it spread.

Terraria inadvertently drops to half-speed every so often, and I alt-tab in and out of it to rectify the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My god, the UK and the bureaucracy and "computer says no" attitude. So I had to cancel my appointment at the CF clinic this morning because my NHS number didn't arrive.

So then I ring the GP to make sure I can still go to my appointment, several departments have to be consulted to check.

Then I go to the GP to get my prescriptions and everything is ok until I mention a drug that isn't on the system, so apparently it just can't be prescribed. I'll try to get it when I go back to Ireland next week. Then I say I'm on the pill and the GP says I have to make a separate appointment to get my blood pressure checked and to talk about contraception. I tell her that I'm married to a woman so it's for my hormones. She just looks at me blankly, no chance you can just do my blood pressure while I'm here then instead of making me come back! Cheers. I'm 29 years old and don't need to chat about contraception. She queries me being on so much reflux meds, yeah well that's because I'm fecked.

Then they need my notes from my GP in Ireland so the receptionist has to ring several departments again to check, eventually I give them the address, confusion because my doctor has an Irish name I have to spell out a few times. I have an Irish name myself that's constantly being mispronounced, today I was called "Ameer", that's a new one!

I'm going back to Cork for a few days next week so I'll have to go to my CF clinic while I'm there, my port urgently needs to be flushed and the CF unit in the UK can't do it until my NHS number comes in. Of course when I arrived at th GP after I cancelled my CF appointment they had my NHS number! Grrm.

Having CF and trying to negotiate a new health system is a pain in my hole.

Went to the pharmacy and they didn't have some of my meds so they need to order them in, grand so. But then they tell me that one of my meds can't be prescribed in a double dose and I need to go back to the doctor to change it. No wonder I don't have time for a job, this crap is full time.

Watching my name being mentioned after being killed in the Play of the Game replay at the end of a game of Overwatch honestly gets on my TAts. The music that plays during the aforementioned clip further adds to the TA factor for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Scanning through the "celebrities you cannot stand" thread brought up a huge TA of mine.

If I hear anyone else, be them a celeb or ordinary human being, refer to themselves as a "foodie" I might just have a violent episode.

Surely we are all foodies? I mean we kind of need to be into food in order to survive. Heck, I like a lie-in of a weekend when I get a chance. For now on I think I will refer to myself as a "sleepie".

In fact "foodie" sounds like you have some sort of weird sexual fetish associated with food.

Why can't people say they are into cooking, or eating out or whatever instead of following the trend of every model-turned-chef in trying to sound cool?

Gimps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

anna080 wrote: »
    Being told by a relative stranger that you need to open up more. You need to mind your business more hun.

They are just nosey gits, I only share what I want to.

Not everyone shares ever facet of their lives,

A TA that I frequently deal with are overly tight bottle caps that hurt my hands and make me resort to asking someone to open it for me or opening it myself with a glove on.

On the topic of hurt hands, I also get them while carrying shopping bags on the way home, without wearing gloves.

• Advertisement

anna080 wrote: »

That's so weird, what was the context?

I once had an acquaintance tell me not to be consumed with bitterness over my cancer. Little do they know that I maintain a positive attitude most of the time in very trying circumstances. But I'm no angel and at times frustration does bubble to the surface. Why do people who barely know you think they have the right to pontificate?

I'm a bit uncomfortable with the whole "open up and have everything out in the open" thing. I think it's more important who you open up to. It doesn't mean you have to open up to everyone about everything. I think I inherited my mother's distaste of airing one's dirty laundry in public.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    They are just nosey gits, I only share what I want to.

Not everyone shares ever facet of their lives,

Absolutely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Watching my name being mentioned after being killed in the Play of the Game replay at the end of a game of Overwatch honestly gets on my TAts. The music that plays during the aforementioned clip further adds to the TA factor for me.

My son got play of the game last week and he jumped up and down for about 5 minutes afterward:D

My daughter going from one extreme to another is annoying me. She has hated the bath since birth. Screamed as soon as the water touched her toes every time, but today she has turned over a new leaf and spent the last half an hour in the bath happily playing and splashing and freaked out when I had the audacity to pull the plug and take her out.

Scanning through the "celebrities you cannot stand" thread brought up a huge TA of mine.

If I hear anyone else, be them a celeb or ordinary human being, refer to themselves as a "foodie" I might just have a violent episode.

Makes me shudder a bit too because many people who describe themselves with that word can be boringly snobbish about food and wine.

Oh my gawd, this reminds of a nauseating Facebook post I saw from an acquaintance a while back. (knew her in college, hadn't seen her since and this post prompted me to unfriend her)

The post said that she and her husband had a really nice meal out. She had some Italian dish and brought home leftovers. She said that her 10 year old daughter is a foodie and has a sophisticated palette (her actual words) and that she did a blind taste test with her of the restaurant dish and some of her own homemade version of it that they had leftovers of and that her daughter preferred the homemade stuff.

So much wrong with that post: bragging about her daughter being a foodie, bragging about her daughter having a sophisticated palette, bragging that because she has that sophisticated palette, that her picking the homemade dish meant that my acquaintance is a better cook than the restaurant chef. VOM.

Ninjini wrote: »
    My son got play of the game last week and he jumped up and down for about 5 minutes afterward:D

My daughter going from one extreme to another is annoying me. She has hated the bath since birth. Screamed as soon as the water touched her toes every time, but today she has turned over a new leaf and spent the last half an hour in the bath happily playing and splashing and freaked out when I had the audacity to pull the plug and take her out.

Nice to hear that. Multiplayer FPS games are definitely not my strong suit. I'm fine at single player FPS games, however.

I am reluctant to enter a cold swimming pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Nice to hear that. Multiplayer FPS games are definitely not my strong suit. I'm fine at single player FPS games, however.

Multiplayer FPS peaked at halo for me. Nothing comes close to a game of slayer on guardian imo :D
    I actually don’t like swimming pools much at all.

Ninjini wrote: »
    Multiplayer FPS peaked at halo for me. Nothing comes close to a game of slayer on guardian imo :D
    I actually don’t like swimming pools much at all.

I think I have only touched Halo once, that likely being Halo 3 on the 360.

I liked going to the swimming pool back when my school did. I was afraid to properly swim, but was more than happy to splash around in the water.

I always hate to enter cold water but your body gets used to it and then you have a lot of fun, I do anyway. I love swimming, definitely doesn't get on my TAts.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    I always hate to enter cold water but your body gets used to it and then you have a lot of fun, I do anyway. I love swimming, definitely doesn't get on my TAts.

I have the exact same feeling regarding entering cold water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Some bossy bitch dictating to everyone on the train! Self appointed inspector lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My mother and her "no accountability". :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement