Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Guys who wear a tie the same colour as their wife's dress.

Get this, I was in a bar a few months ago, it's somewhat of a hangout for hipsters, but we just like the bar for the atmosphere and the staff are pretty sound.

Saw this friend of mine, he hung out with us for a long time, but sort of stopped coming out with us when he gave up drinking. Saw him in the pub hanging out with some of the hipster types down at the back of the bar where the DJ table was.

He was wearing a t-shirt, it had no collar, with a tie! It had a griffindor Harry Potter pattern to it...

He actually came out with that on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I try to tell myself I am hard and not let anything get to me but I had tears rolling down my face in the cinema at the end of Coco today. I think it is because I extra especially miss my Dad this last couple of weeks:(. Thank fcuk it was dark and no one could see !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'm glad I found an arcade like Token, but one thing about it that really gets on my TAts is that it's 18-f***ing-plus from 4pm onwards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    Get this, I was in a bar a few months ago, it's somewhat of a hangout for hipsters, but we just like the bar for the atmosphere and the staff are pretty sound.

Saw this friend of mine, he hung out with us for a long time, but sort of stopped coming out with us when he gave up drinking. Saw him in the pub hanging out with some of the hipster types down at the back of the bar where the DJ table was.

He was wearing a t-shirt, it had no collar, with a tie! It had a griffindor Harry Potter pattern to it...

He actually came out with that on!

Ah, but he was probably wearing it "ironically". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Doctors seem amazed sometimes with the knowledge patients can have. A doctor was changing me to an different antibiotic once and I made a comment like “oh, yeah, that’s a broad spectrum antibiotic” and he was like “wow, are you a nurse?”. I was thinking “nope just a science grad who probably has a more in-depth knowledge of science than you, Mr. Scratching The Surface Medical Degree”.

I don’t wonder at doctors because, like any job, a small percentage of them will be incompetent. Crappy doctors delayed my cancer diagnosis to the point that it spread.

That is terrible Dara, and illustrative of the problems with the health system here, shame on them.

I got the same experience as you above with the "Wow, you're using the big words !" or "how do you know that word" comments from nurses and doctors.
    My first born was an emergency c-section after a difficult and unsuccessful labour that should not have happened since I had been scanned right before contractions were induced, and baby was occipito posterior. Only the young lady who scanned me hadn't spotted that.
    Anyway I was shook by the experience, got a post-partum infection as a bonus and had to go back into hospital for two weeks without my newborn, then another week or two later the scar got infected (called into hospital for that, consultant didn't identify bubble of fluid in my scar as infection, told me I'd have to get cosmetic surgery if I wanted rid of that)*... My trust in the health system was shattered.

So I demanded an elective c-section for the second, and explained Baby 1 had been occipito posterior at every visit, that it didn't go well. They couldn't fathom how I knew that word.

I hate that I feel in every medical situation I have to fight to be heard, and to hear about what matters.
    It really shouldn't be that way.

Sorry it's gone beyond the TA, good to have it out all the same. :o

*GP who treated infection later was appalled it hadn't been spotted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I agree - it's like they forget that people are actually able to read, and are able to do a modicum of research on the conditions that affect them, even if it's for no other reason than to be able to ask questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My phone constantly telling me "you don't have enough memory to update this app"

I never fupping asked you to update it.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I rarely go out to pubs or parties anymore. Got an invite to a 40th. Fancy Dress. Fancy friggen dress. If I am going to the bother of getting out of my pyjamas on Sat night, I don't want to wear fancy dress!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Samsgirl wrote: »
    I rarely go out to pubs or parties anymore. Got an invite to a 40th. Fancy Dress. Fancy friggen dress. If I am going to the bother of getting out of my pyjamas on Sat night, I don't want to wear fancy dress!!!!

Wear your pjs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Samsgirl wrote: »

The modern obsession of grown-ups getting wil' excited about birthday parties.

You aren't all young kids folks, grow up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

NIMAN wrote: »
    The modern obsession of grown-ups getting wil' excited about birthday parties.

You aren't all young kids folks, grow up!

Might go just for the face painting and balloon animals

And the bouncy castle!

MY TA is when you buy something sweet and sour, and the balance between sweet and sour is anything but spot on. :(

Some websites force you to disable any adblockers. It gets on my TAts, but it's a necessary "evil". Those sites may be struggling to get their revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People going out in public in their pyjamas

The DualShock 4's battery life is getting on my TAts. My Xbox One S controller, on the other hand, lasts long enough not to get on my TAts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

fussyonion wrote: »
    I just cannot find a nail varnish that will last more than a day.
    The colour on the very tips of my nails fade after a day, then I see chipped areas at the sides. It's so annoying.

I undercoat, apply two layers, letting the first layer dry fully before applying the second, then applying a top coat.

I have used cheap polish, expensive polish, I've done everything but no matter what I use it still chips or fades after a day or so.
    I refuse to go down the Shellac route!

you should use bin primer. that stuff sticks to anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was watching the programme the other night about the only fee paying boarding school for primary school children. I started off being curious, wondering how could anyone send a seven year old away like that, but as time went on my small farmer/peasant blood came to a simmer. It's like they think they still have a bloody empire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I have a tiny cyst on the inside of my nose. It is about the size of a pin head. It is super annoying and uncomfortable on its own but when coupled with a headcold and all the nasal and 'sinusy' symptoms that go with it it reaches epic TA proportions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

New Home wrote: »
    Ah, but he was probably wearing it "ironically". :rolleyes:

Ironically my hole,

He's one of these guys that is susceptible to silly trends no matter how ridiculous it looks. He just walks up to me and says "hey" and I'm like "heeeey" but thinking "what's with the goofy as f**k tie and no shirt. He couldn't have looked more of a bloody tit.

Everyone at the table was like "oh no, he's become...... one of them"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

If I see one more person on Facebook saying congrats to someone who who lives in the same bloody house as them or worse still congratulating somebody who is not even on Facebook the laptop is going through the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

"Happy sleep in dad!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

"Happy sleep in dad!"

Yur aftur wacking him posting tht .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Junkees in hospital waiting rooms. I've just sat here for the past 12 hours watching all manner of junkie filth walk in and out making demands and clogging up the system for patients in need. Feral rats need to be put down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Turns out my back trouble is because of the left side of my pelvis being a lil wonky and pulling the muscles around, also my thighs have loads of tension too....is that what post 20s is!

The fingerprint scanner on my Moto G5 sometimes goes "Fingerprint not recognised". That sentence gets on my TAts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Boy dog shaking my bed with his shivering, cause he's that scared of the sound of rain/hail on the roof.
    Yet he refuses to get under the quilt or sleep on another bed, and so keep me awake.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

F***ing Kickstarter. Why do so many Kickstarter campaigns have to fail or never materialise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think I might have food poisoning.
    I had smoked coley last night; pan-fried by the other half but I'm wondering if he cooked it long enough.

However, he feels fine and we both had it?
    Either way, I have chills (the heating's on but I can't get the heat into me), my stomach hurts and I've been to the loo five times this morning.
    I'm also exhausted and hungry but scared to eat incase I throw it up. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

That is terrible Dara, and illustrative of the problems with the health system here, shame on them.

I got the same experience as you above with the "Wow, you're using the big words !" or "how do you know that word" comments from nurses and doctors.
    My first born was an emergency c-section after a difficult and unsuccessful labour that should not have happened since I had been scanned right before contractions were induced, and baby was occipito posterior. Only the young lady who scanned me hadn't spotted that.
    Anyway I was shook by the experience, got a post-partum infection as a bonus and had to go back into hospital for two weeks without my newborn, then another week or two later the scar got infected (called into hospital for that, consultant didn't identify bubble of fluid in my scar as infection, told me I'd have to get cosmetic surgery if I wanted rid of that)*... My trust in the health system was shattered.

So I demanded an elective c-section for the second, and explained Baby 1 had been occipito posterior at every visit, that it didn't go well. They couldn't fathom how I knew that word.

I hate that I feel in every medical situation I have to fight to be heard, and to hear about what matters.
    It really shouldn't be that way.

Sorry it's gone beyond the TA, good to have it out all the same. :o

*GP who treated infection later was appalled it hadn't been spotted.

What a terrible experience, I'm sorry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Admining Facebook groups.

"Admin take down if not allowed" or "Feel free to remove if not allowed"

1. ****ing ask if its allowed if your not certain. Its not hard your just lazy

2. I don't ****ing work for you. Of course I'm going to feel perfectly free to take it down.

3. I don't care about your little disclaimer that I should remove it if its not allowed. I'm more pissed off now than if you hadn't said anything because you've just demonstrated that you knew there was rules but you can't be arsed to read them or check.

Having to wait 10+ minutes for a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

People who say Amen on facebook religious threads, instead of commenting on the subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Being added to a Whatsapp group that has general chat in it (annoying), and then two people within the group start messaging each other within the group chat direct messages that they could leave out of the group. TAts.

The eyedrops they give you when you go to an ophtalmologist. Pupils look like dinnerplates, and the light, oh the pain!!!

The eyedrops they give you when you go to an ophtalmologist. Pupils look like dinnerplates, and the light, oh the pain!!!

I always felt hesitant to take eyedrops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

People on trains who won't move in to the window side of the seat. Eh, did you pay for two train tickets, you knob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

They make your eyes look wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sexy tho.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Either that, or you get stopped for a drug test (I wasn't driving, I'm not irresponsible!).

• Advertisement

Sometimes I forget to config the alarm on my phone properly on the night preceding school/an early morning event, and then I end up being told to get up. Gets on my TAts, as I want to wake up myself on those kind of mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Stick yer hazard lights on- park where ya like!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

People on Facebook saying thanks for the birthday wishes half way through their birthday
    Would you not wait til the following day. They are more to come

Hearing people sing happy birthday. I stay in my room while everyone else sings it in the kitchen during my brother's annual birthday party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Parking outside our local church. Literally every car is parked on double yellow lines and there is a median in the middle of the road but cars are parked so close to it that everyone has to drive really slowly to manoeuvre around the cars. This is also a bus route and on 2 occasions recently, a bus couldn't get through on the correct side of the median so the bus driver had to drive on the other side of the median, on the wrong side of the road and could barely get through on that side.
    And they're all sitting in mass thinking they're great altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Dragged to IKEA in Ballymun today.

We bought stuff that could have been purchased in our local shopping centre or online.

Full of hen-pecked men like myself. Buying cheap wooden tat.

The pork meatballs salvaged the wreckage of my day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Jimbob1977 wrote: »
    Dragged to IKEA in Ballymun today.

We bought stuff that could have been purchased in our local shopping centre or online.

Full of hen-pecked men like myself. Buying cheap wooden tat.

The pork meatballs salvaged the wreckage of my day.

Not aimed at your good self

But posts from people who go to IKEA only to eat...ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My lips are burnt off me because I cannot control myself when it comes to habanero sauce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Scabby restaurant wine measures. Fill er up there will ya

The laptops in my school have dual-core i5-5200Us but run more like Celerons with the bloatware they carry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Crosby Uptight Tweed

Finished retail a few weeks back so I will air my grievances/what gets on my tats

People who whinge about plastic bag charges, its 15 years or so, get over it...and its no use asking for after you paid thinking you'll get a freebie...we will still charge you

people who break up products in a pack, despite loose ones being available, for examples a 8 pack of beer, there are loose cans provided next to packs, theres no need to bloody open a pack while loose cans are there

people who insist on telling you your life story, we don't care, staff member saying hows it going isn't an introduction to give us your life story - go to a shrink if you need to vent , not your shopkeeper

those who make the most irritating joke, when your in the back, customer says "I could've robbed the place" its not funny just lame...

people trying to get discounts or freebies....no we have a set discount if you buy in bulk, we don't care as well if its cheaper (more than likely it isn't) elsewhere or it used to be a certain price, deals finish

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement