Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

When you go to use your electric toothbrush and you forgot to put it on charge that morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

heldel00 wrote: »
    When you go to use your electric toothbrush and you forgot to put it on charge that morning.

TA'd that I miss using a manual brush. I do use my electric toothbrush but I actually don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Accidentally clicking on a link that I don't want to open.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anna080 wrote: »
    S Fill er up there will ya

That's what she said :pac: :3

T'a at my bad jokes :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Fúck the cúnting flu.

I just want to stand in a scalding shower until it's over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The laptops in my school have dual-core i5-5200Us but run more like Celerons with the bloatware they carry.

I'd agree with you if I had a clue what that meant. :D

madmaggie wrote: »
    I'd agree with you if I had a clue what that meant. :D

In the laptop context, i5s are mid-range in the way of performance. Slower than i7, and faster than i3. They should be more than capable of everyday tasks and can do some relatively advanced stuff, which can be done better with a desktop i5.

Celerons, on the other hand, are entry-level, low-budget CPUs, which are best suited to the basic, everyday stuff. There are two variants of Celerons, the U-series, which is faster than the N-series, the latter of which is based on the Atom CPUs.

Puzzles me why they call the N-series "Celerons" Celerons these days. Kinda gets on my TAts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People who assume an eating disorder is always just someone preoccupied with their own vanity and weight. It couldn't be further from the truth for me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

TA: On a Saturday night, when all you want to do is chill out have a beer and watch Graham Norton and maybe a movie in front of the fire, the last thing I want to do is fidget with my technologically impaired dad's drone and look all over his DJI app looking for VR s**t.

Nothing worse than when someone buys a gadget they know nothing about and all of a sudden it's my job to answer all the questions about it and figure out all the problems with it, because they won't f**king learn themselves.

This living at home craic is just bull**** now. This housing debacle would want to be getting sorted out now. Just some space would be f**king bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,537 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

People who put their paper train ticket in to the turnstyle that says mudder fooking "Smartcard Only" on it, do they have 'a difference' as Joe would call it?

• Advertisement

Nerve pain, fcuking nerve pain in my shoulder. It is horrific. And I've a newborn and a toddler to contend with. I would do contractions and labour every day of the week quicker than this.
    I honestly think I'm gonna go out of my mind. Bawling my eyes out here because the baby is fast asleep but i can't sleep.

(Don't know why I'm writing this in the TA thread but needed to get it off my chest.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Nerve pain, fcuking nerve pain in my shoulder. It is horrific. And I've a newborn and a toddler to contend with. I would do contractions and labour every day of the week quicker than this.
    I honestly think I'm gonna go out of my mind. Bawling my eyes out here because the baby is fast asleep but i can't sleep.

(Don't know why I'm writing this in the TA thread but needed to get it off my chest.)

You need some Versatis (check out the Liveline thread) - its a miracle cure for nerve pain.

But you'll have to buy it yourself cos the HSE took it off prescription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Just woken up in the middle of a deep sleep by cnt face upstairs calling and roaring at the front door. I'd kick his ass back to where he came from with a bottle lodged up his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Being awake at 5am on a Sunday- why did I even wake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Got Lemsip Cough Bottle in the Shop. Mother of God the smell outta it is diabolical! 'Twould knock ya. It's like dirty Socks and a Sink-Cloth 4 days later. I've just tasted it. It's like Washing Up Liquid ffs. :o:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Try_harder wrote: »
    Being awake at 5am on a Sunday- why did I even wake?

You heard my neighbour shouting :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got Lemsip Cough Bottle in the Shop. Mother of God the smell outta it is diabolical! 'Twould knock ya. It's like dirty Socks and a Sink-Cloth 4 days later. I've just tasted it. It's like Washing Up Liquid ffs. :o:(

Does Lemsip even do anything? Convinced it's just a placebo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,658 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

People who say 'going forward'.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

J. Marston wrote: »
    Does Lemsip even do anything? Convinced it's just a placebo.

It's paracetamol, but I'd prefer the tablets any day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Dogs barking. Do they not know it's a Sunday morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Absolute muppets giving out about the soaps, oh this storyline shouldn't be aired pre-watershed, YOUR CHILDREN SHOULDN'T BE WATCHING THE FUCKING SOAPS!!!

Squashing down rubbish in an outside bin that hasn't been used in months and a milk carton bursts with the pressure, and right into your face lands the stinkiest, most rancid smelling milk on the planet.

Also, and this may be harsh but having to tip toe around volatile adults who refuse to develop the basic strengths to keep things together in a calm, mature manner. Please desist with your last minute dramas, your "must have now" demands, you're "oh my God, I can't believe I'm late (for the millionth time - don't go nuts but... you are the pattern here)", your scapegoating of the world and its mother when things go (unsurprisingly) wrong.

Get out of your self-imposed, self-absorbed, self-centred, entitled bubble and plan your life better. Take time off work and work on yourself because, if you really start to feel the silences in the room, people politely back away when you're around.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Dogs barking. Do they not know it's a Sunday morning?

Dog owners who refuse to bring in their dogs when they're barking like mad. This problem becomes infinitely worse on the few hot summer days when you're trying to enjoy peace in the back garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The photographer

Our work group used to go for lunch every Friday, good friends

Nowadays we work in different companies but still do the lunch every month or so

It’s just lunch, not a wedding and I don’t want several group photos!! Always the one guy who is whipping the mobile and trying to take photos :rolleyes: “oh guys guys everyone look this way” and blinds us all. And then annoys the overworked underpaid waiter to take more. Bless them, they never refuse

It’s been said to him many times by me and others but the message is not getting through.

Having a cold on the day of an event I'd highly look forward to. Not sure if such an unfortunate event happened to me before, but it would really get on my ****ing TAts if it ever happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Being woken at like 6 by my brother getting up that early

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

northgirl wrote: »
    People who assume an eating disorder is always just someone preoccupied with their own vanity and weight. It couldn't be further from the truth for me anyway.

For me it was all about control and other issues from my past. It gets better, but it can take a long time. Stay strong and hang in there x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Mr Sam took the minions to mass this morn as they were singing at the communion enrollment mass.
    The priest informed the congregation that he would be doing two money collections next week. The usual one and an extra one for the Pope's visit. Said the Pope one was a minimum €10. Apparently it was a step down from the €20 demanded at the Sat eve mass..

Sure they have no money in the Vatican at all like for the poor mans visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Leaving sh!t to the last minute assuming it can be done in about half an hour, then going to do it and realising its much longer.

People who don't clean up after their dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Mr Sam took the minions to mass this morn as they were singing at the communion enrollment mass.
    The priest informed the congregation that he would be doing two money collections next week. The usual one and an extra one for the Pope's visit. Said the Pope one was a minimum €10. Apparently it was a step down from the €20 demanded at the Sat eve mass..

Sure they have no money in the Vatican at all like for the poor mana visit.
    our parish priest always does the shared mass and tells the min contribution is 20 per family. The year he did it for my mams mass my dad had 20 in an envelope anyway to hand in and was so disgusted with him saying that on the alter he handed in a tenner instead. Greedy bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ads in the middle of podcasts. I don't mind them at the start because you can skip them. But it's a mood killer when you're half way into an episode about serial killings when on comes an ad about seam free underwear.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,038 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Plastic packaging, especially polystyrene trays, that leak their plasticky/toxic aftertaste onto the food that touches them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The car is starting to give warning messages that I can no longer ignore.

Dust... where can I start about this nuisance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Robsweezie wrote: »
    Leaving sh!t to the last minute assuming it can be done in about half an hour, then going to do it and realising its much longer.

Yep that's me all over!

WHY DO I DO IT!?

I don't even intend to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

How about people who don't clean up their act in general?

NIMAN wrote: »

You need some Versatis (check out the Liveline thread) - its a miracle cure for nerve pain.

But you'll have to buy it yourself cos the HSE took it off prescription.
    Is this the pain relief patch that Joe is after getting serious mileage out of? I had to pay €75 yesterday for the tablets GP has me on so I'd quiye happily pay anything for a few good nights sleep.

TA'd that i had to pay €75 for my tabs and yer wan ahead of me had a binliner full of stuff for a couple of euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Very TA, my local LIDL has switched the positions of the eggs and the spices. And they've moved the coffee & tea to a different aisle

I frequently have to get up quite early during the weekends/midterm, which somewhat gets on my TAts, knowing the fact that it's a weekend/midterm.

• Advertisement

This is my last day on antibiotics. I really really would love to go to my favourite pub and sit with a nice glass of wine and my book. Yesterday I headed out for the first time in about six days so feel that today I should stay in. The cabin fever is strong :(

Pay to win mechanics in games. Why do we have to put up with this bull****?! Fun comes from using our skill to accomplish something, not from making a real-life payment for 980 [insert in-game currency here] or something in order to take down an opponent.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

anna080 wrote: »
    Ads in the middle of podcasts. I don't mind them at the start because you can skip them. But it's a mood killer when you're half way into an episode about serial killings when on comes an ad about seam free underwear.

I don't mind when they are obviously ads but when they seemingly blend in with the chat with no audible difference in sound quality between the actual pod and the ad, that's what annoys me. It's harder to find when it begins and ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

That Vodafone ad about some kid getting to know his stepfather. Its literally on every bastarding second on every station. I'm going to throw the tv out if I see it again. That stupid music and the creepy stepdad. :mad::mad::mad:

When my parents ask me how I'm feeling whenever I have a cold or whenever I might get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

And then when you accidently stand in said dog sh1te or roll your baby's stroller through it...bluuuuugh :(

Monday....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfWBWjA-b6VTo5ZzNOz873Iwc2_0t4o6rp-cHGqVnycjePrl300eFmRlA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Samsgirl wrote: »

Sure they have no money in the Vatican at all like for the poor mans visit.

Are you being serious? I thought you just gave whatever you can afford? Are people who can't afford the €10 or €20 discouraged from attending mass?
    I'm not religious and haven't been to mass since I was around 12 or 13 so maybe it has changed since those days.

My TA is that when I try to type "a" my predictive text instead inserts 's. When has anyone ever needed to insert a random 's into the middle of a sentence??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Morning again, I hate morning...

I hate Mondays too, and I really hate lasagne just in case anyone thought I was a certain orange cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement