Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

When my parents ask me how I'm feeling whenever I have a cold or whenever I might get one.

How inconsiderate of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am leaving my job in 6 weeks so getting the motivation to do anything is a right pain in the tats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I went to bed last night with a headache and woke up with the same headache. In between i had a weird dream where i was convicted of blasphemy in cyprus and they sentenced me to be caned on the hands and given 3 years in prison. Michael D Higgins turned up and warned them he would send in UN troops if the Cypriots went near me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh, and another thing.

Series 2 of the excellent Marcella is starting this week on ITV.
    But I am with Virgin Media and they do not have ITV, they have TV3 instead. And TV3 seems not to be showing Marcella.

They are forcing me to dodgy download!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I'm on a train into work. I was fed up with the bus being late and decided to grab the train instead.

Two stops along an entire class of what looks like 8 year olds got on.

The noise is deafening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I am leaving my job in 6 weeks so getting the motivation to do anything is a right pain in the tats.

How is that annoying? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Pac1Man wrote: »
    How inconsiderate of them.

They could just ask me if I'm alright like they do when I'm not sick.

Ugh, still have a cold. At least I can go to Future Shock some other day.

And then when you accidently stand in said dog sh1te or roll your baby's stroller through it...bluuuuugh :(

I remember one day stepping in some dog ****, back when I used to go to my local youth club. It's nasty. I had to wash the dog **** off my shoes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA: after a weekend with 'The Cold' I now have a raw nose that's all flaky and peeling. Looks ridiculous and I can't leave it alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 StabiloBoss

I got the wrong sized bin bags for my kitchen bin. They're about 2 inches too short, so they don't wrap around the top of the bin properly. Every time you put something into the bin the bag falls and rubbish tips out of the bag and you're forced to pull up the bag and "re-stack".

It's a 20 pack of bags...so here I am looking down the barrel of at least 2 weeks of the dreaded rubbish re-stack. So not only is this incredibly trivially annoying, but also an incredibly easy and cheap solution. Which I'm reminded of EVERY TIME I open the bin and realise I've forgotten to buy some new bloody bags

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Religion inspection in school. Pretending to love everything about Grow in Love.

Religion inspection in school. Pretending to love everything about Grow in Love.

My school year is packed with delinquents.

I never had a religion inspection, fortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Went to my favourite restaurant on Saturday night and the food was disappointing and service bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,921 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Being unsure whether someone is a troll or just *that* boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Emails, waiting on one with not great news, two with news of appointments and one for directions to a meeting next week(I emailed them last week as well).

12.50 on Monday and not a word so far, a mixed blessing, but come on, not everyone can phone to sort these things, and these businesses have FB/email. Some of us have lives to schedule around these appointments!!:(:(:(:(:(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

It doesn't really annoy me but don't know where else to post it. You know where you get the feeling a certain poster has a tendency to just make up sh!t to post in a thread. Like the story is just too unbelievable and you've noticed it a few times with this poster. I just find it odd.

When people say "how can you like this/that?".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

It doesn't really annoy me but don't know where else to post it. You know where you get the feeling a certain poster has a tendency to just make up sh!t to post in a thread. Like the story is just too unbelievable and you've noticed it a few times with this poster. I just find it odd.

Alright already you got me I luv lasagne ya happy now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Went to my favourite restaurant on Saturday night and the food was disappointing and service bad.
    What's even worse is when you persuade other people to come along with you to your favourite restaurant, and you spend the entire evening apologizing as it's suddenly gone downhill since your last visit. Very embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

39, just moved back home. No idea what I want to do with my life. My brain is on overdrive but achieving nothing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Another reminder on this, and hopefully the last.

This thread is not a place to discuss other users or other threads on boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I find this post too unbelievable :mad::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Alun wrote: »
    What's even worse is when you persuade other people to come along with you to your favourite restaurant, and you spend the entire evening apologizing as it's suddenly gone downhill since your last visit. Very embarrassing.
    This happened me last year.
    Was scarlet!

To thine own self be true

Passed a crash yesterday. Not really a TA at all but after seeing someone lying on the road it really upset me. Very dangerous road mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I hate being photographed. Was at a family do yesterday and had my snap taken many times. Some people can switch on a natural looking smile at will, not me, as soon as I see a phone or camera my face automatically goes into smile/grimace/panic mode. I always end up looking like Jack Nicholson's Joker with a bad case of constipation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ate too many jelly babies and now I feel sick :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

I got the wrong sized bin bags for my kitchen bin. They're about 2 inches too short, so they don't wrap around the top of the bin properly. Every time you put something into the bin the bag falls and rubbish tips out of the bag and you're forced to pull up the bag and "re-stack".

It's a 20 pack of bags...so here I am looking down the barrel of at least 2 weeks of the dreaded rubbish re-stack. So not only is this incredibly trivially annoying, but also an incredibly easy and cheap solution. Which I'm reminded of EVERY TIME I open the bin and realise I've forgotten to buy some new bloody bags

Pack the bottom of the bin with something, pile of newspapers or dead cat or something.

• Advertisement

I remember ordering bad food from a Chinese takeaway that my family liked beforehand. We gave up on it since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

Waist Sizes for men.

32 inches is a little too tight. 34 inches is a little too loose. 33 inches is perfect and not readily available of course.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

anna080 wrote: »
    Ate too many jelly babies and now I feel sick :o

Nothing wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A bit of a wobble, you could say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I hate being photographed. Was at a family do yesterday and had my snap taken many times. Some people can switch on a natural looking smile at will, not me, as soon as I see a phone or camera my face automatically goes into smile/grimace/panic mode. I always end up looking like Jack Nicholson's Joker with a bad case of constipation.

On a night out a friend randomly took a pic of me laughing.....I looked like this latest?cb=20071231010036

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Me too. Just got notification that I will have to have a new photo taken for my work ID. :(:(:(

• Advertisement

I usually don't like being photographed either.

My left knee is killing me today and it keeps making a horrible cracking noise. I'm getting old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

That sinking feeling when you think you just have to open a drawer to find a particular item and it's not there..

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,168 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Not paying attention when you're talking to them about something serious and upsetting.

It's the height of ****ing ignorance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I ate even more jelly babies. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

People who need to make themselves the centre of everything, always with the drama, always all about me me me, headmelters

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

That sinking feeling when you think you just have to open a drawer to find a particular item and it's not there..

The amount of times my heart has sank when I'm sure I know where my passport is..sickening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

everlast75 wrote: »
    Not paying attention when you're talking to them about something serious and upsetting.

It's the height of ****ing ignorance

Sorry, what? Were you saying something?

People who say "I don't care" in a mean, derogatory manner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

When people go to the gym with their gym buddies and take over the whole bloody place, hogging machines while sitting chatting about sh1te not doing anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I know they aren't allowed to show kids faces, but just watching news reports about RE becoming optional, and what's with showing nothing but shoes walking around playgrounds, corridors etc?

F***ing OCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

northgirl wrote: »
    F***ing OCD

it's a bollix
    it's a bollix
    it's a bollix

1234,1234 1234,1234

Arrrrgh now you've got me started, time to find my centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It really gets on my TAts when people refer to TV programmes by abbreviated titles..
    When some calls 'Strictly Come Dancing' just 'Strictly' it's like fingernails down the chalkboard for me..
    My favourite soap is 'Coronation Street' and not 'Corrie'.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement