Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It really gets on my TAts when people refer to TV programmes by abbreviated titles..
    When some calls 'Strictly Come Dancing' just 'Strictly' it's like fingernails down the chalkboard for me..
    My favourite soap is 'Coronation Street' and not 'Corrie'.

You mean SCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

People who are so important they feel entitled to take up the whole footpath, thus ensuring all the lesser mortals walk on the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

When Discord goes to the loading screen when there's no Internet connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who put their bus fare in one coin at a time, instead of having it pre-counted so they can just lash it into the coin receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Asked my only computer owning sis if I could borrow her's, I'm in a computer crisis atm,
    She responds with a babble about a typewriter, so I cant be sure if it's her passive-aggressive way of saying no or a sign that her dementia is getting worse earlier in the day.

TA, She appears to be getting worse and I still don't have a computer to finish a vital submission for work.
    TA2, Too many things being too complicated and taking too much time today, additionally my fingers don't work for small jobs like splitting pages apart or opening doggie poo bags.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The government's selfishness towards the homeless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

2 o'clock meetings. A) I only take my lunch at 2 and B) even if I took it at 1, 2pm is still a shit time for a meeting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Why do people open underwear boxes in shops?
    There's always an image on the box to tell you the fit and style, what can you possibly be looking at "oh I normally wear CK's but I'm just checking to make sure these AussieBum boxers don't have a willy hole on the side".

Always seems to be my size that gets opened too.

I presume this happens in Womenswear too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

razorblunt wrote: »
    Why do people open underwear boxes in shops?
    There's always an image on the box to tell you the fit and style, what can you possibly be looking at "oh I normally wear CK's but I'm just checking to make sure these AussieBum boxers don't have a willy hole on the side".

Always seems to be my size that gets opened too.

I presume this happens in Womenswear too.

TA at my childishness ...giggling here at "Willy hole"...:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Aglomerado wrote: »
    TA at my childishness ...giggling here at "Willy hole"...:D:D

I was trying to think of a better term, but it's by far the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

"warm" regards - ugh

Snails, especially living ones, can really get on my TAts at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I must be spending too much time with my "daughters", I was looking for a specific thread on the home page, looked at the print at the top and misread topics for repeal!

I think I need to go see o/h in London for some brain retraining away from it all.

PS the girls on different sides of the issues, so its a 24/7(proportionately) thing here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

razorblunt wrote: »
    I was trying to think of a better term, but it's by far the best!

My OH calls it the "pee hole" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Two queues open in Tesco and about 4-5 in each queue. I was at the back of mine.

I heard a staff member shout over at one of the lads to open till 9 and sure enough I see him go over. Quick as a flash I am at till 9 and I've gone from last to first :cool: I call this being observant and on the ball

My TA is a lady in another queue said she was queing longer than me and I skipped her. I didn't say anything, went backpacking

My fellow TA'ers, did I break some etiquette? :confused: I think I skipped nobody and she was daydreaming, snooze you lose

Maybe she will be along here shortly to TA about me!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was eating a breakfast toastie in O'Briens earlier and got a real chawy , gristly bit of fat in my mouth that I had to chew, chew , swallow really quickly before I started to feel pukey as I had no napkin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My fellow TA'ers, did I break some etiquette? :confused: I think I skipped nobody and she was daydreaming, snooze you lose

You were first in the new queue. She chose to abandon her place in the old queue.
    You got my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I hate being photographed. Was at a family do yesterday and had my snap taken many times. Some people can switch on a natural looking smile at will, not me, as soon as I see a phone or camera my face automatically goes into smile/grimace/panic mode. I always end up looking like Jack Nicholson's Joker with a bad case of constipation.

And soooo many more photos are taken these days. It’s really annoying actually. One or two is all that is needed to commemorate any occasion. I hate having to go through the selfie process with friends:

- take selfie
    - check selfie. Oh no, double chin
    - take another selfie
    - check selfie. Oh no, I blinked!
    - take selfie

And so on. And nobody ever really looks good in selfies due to the angle.

I have no willpower. When willpower was being dished out, I was likely hiding at the back scoffing a packet of biscuits :(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Dial Hard wrote: »
    2 o'clock meetings. A) I only take my lunch at 2 and B) even if I took it at 1, 2pm is still a shit time for a meeting.

or Friday 4pm meetings. I mean COME ON!

• Advertisement

The time it takes to build and implant good habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ninjini wrote: »
    I have no willpower. When willpower was being dished out, I was likely hiding at the back scoffing a packet of biscuits :(
    This last few days I can't stop eating junk. My brain says 'don't eat that, you've had enough, but my grasping hand says 'screw you pal, I'm running this show'

This last few days I can't stop eating junk. My brain says 'don't eat that, you've had enough, but my grasping hand says 'screw you pal, I'm running this show'

I’ve always admired people who can open a packet and just take one or two things. If I know the packet is open, it’s like it calls out to me :o:D

I’ve always admired people who can open a packet and just take one or two things. If I know the packet is open, it’s like it calls out to me :o:D

if you dont eat them all they will just go stale and that is, like, a sin or something. :)

My mother can do that. When Time Out bars used to come in two fingers, she’d eat one finger and be able to save the other one for the next day’s elevenses. SKILLZ.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    My mother can do that. When Time Out bars used to come in two fingers, she’d eat one finger and be able to save the other one for the next day’s elevenses. SKILLZ.

I am in serious awe of that. I didn’t think that was possible :eek:

Which reminds me, I miss old Time Outs. The new ones just aren’t right :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

There's some sort of durty joke there somewhere about 2 fingers uhuhuhuhhu

This has been a long long long long long day. I just want to get home and melt into the couch.

not SKILLZ, witchcraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My granny would buy a Fry's chocolate cream when she did her shopping on a Saturday and make it last until the following Friday. Different generation i suppose and things like that were scarce so they learned to enjoy and appreciate them.

TA'd that my son can't stand still for a second but a relative is shoving chocolate into his gob. I then get the usual "oh for god sake don't be so mean/ what harm is it doing him?"
    My response - "Its ok, I'll nurse him when he's a diabetic!"
    Only joking, I expect the state to look after him.

(Ah no in all seriousness children and adults have no appreciation of a treat anymore. When i was young we got something nice on a Friday but now its to hand all the time)

We only got a small bar at the weekends. Desserts after dinner only happened a handful of times a year. Fizzy drinks were restricted to birthdays and Christmas (those big bottles of Country Spring). I’m 34.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I didn't think it was actually legal to only eat one finger out of a 2 finger bar. I thought the Chocolate Police would come in and arrest me.

Jesus, I love chocolate.

Which reminds me, I miss old Time Outs. The new ones just aren’t right :(

I seemed to forget that they existed. What's wrong with the new ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

No matter what you say, someone has to question it or judge it. It's very irritating.

I'm so hungry but I'm afraid to eat in case I'm sick.

Signed off work for 2 days and the thoughts of going back to my classroom on Friday. It will be turned upside down with other people looking for things.

I seemed to forget that they existed. What's wrong with the new ones?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/cadbury-scraps-time-out-bar-replacing-snack-with-slimline-wafer-a6924181.html

This explains it. They are now called time out wafer. The chocolate to wafer ratio is just all wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

They is so tiny it's not even funny it's like a pot belly pig, just inconceivable that a bar called timeout can now be eaten in seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Lost count of how many people I've seen out and about in their dressing gowns today. Put some fcuking clothes on you filthy rotters.

They is so tiny it's not even funny it's like a pot belly pig, just inconceivable that a bar called timeout can now be eaten in seconds.

I used to get one at lunch time once a week in secondary school. The new thing is a disgrace.

Same with most bars now the size or ingredients are nasty compared to 80s/90s chocolates. Same with everything really size goes down price goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

if you dont eat them all they will just go stale and that is, like, a sin or something. :)

Starving children in Somalia

*Irish mammy mode*

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

My aunt used to be able to do that with KitKats, she’d get 4 days out of one. She never went above a size 8 in clothes <envy>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who put their bus fare in one coin at a time, instead of having it pre-counted so they can just lash it into the coin receiver.

People who use coins for bus fare! Leap people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Very TA at the forecast of freezing temps and loadsa more snow next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Try_harder wrote: »
    People who use coins for bus fare! Leap people!!!

Coins are grand. So long as they have them ready and don't have to go rifling through a purse for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,680 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

1.30 Euros for a Boost from the Terryland garage shop, yet up the road Mr Price is selling 4 Boosts in a packet for 1.50 :D This should've went into the trivially happy thread. :D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

1.30 Euros for a Boost from the Terryland garage shop, yet up the road Mr Price is selling 4 Boosts in a packet for 1.50 :D This should've went into the trivially happy thread. :D

They are not the same size tho

TA I’m off chocolate

• Advertisement

TA all this chocolate talk is making my diabeto go into hypertension

They say if there is any more chocolate talk they'll take my foot.

Jebus I am a dark man when I get into this gallows humour mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When someone always tries make you feel bad about yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Watching tv with my boyfriend and I put my hand out in his direction,he puts his in mine and says aww, and gives my hand a little rub.
    Little does he know I was putting my hand out for him to hand me the remote :o

When both Joy-Cons are running low on battery, and the Switch has to be played handheld, without a pre-charged Joy-Con charging grip at disposal or letting the battery deplete. It's worse when both the Switch and the Joy-Cons are running out of battery. That's not to say I dislike handheld mode, I just prefer playing it docked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Wishing I was raised with a chocolate bar a week! I was given money to go to the shop and get sweets every day (50p usually which got you a decent haul in the early-mid nineties) and there was always chocolate and crisps in the cupboard at home. My parents worked full time so I went to my nana' s after school and she had a chocolate bar waiting for me, that was on top of the one I had for my lunch in school. If I was upset my mum gave me sweets or she'd give me sweets to do something I didn't like, such as piano lessons. I ate a lot of ready meals and rubbish as a child because my mum was working and was too tired to always cook properly. It wasn't until I met my wife that I realised that you could make your own tomato sauce and didn't have to use dolmio. Now my mum works part time and spends the whole day making food in the slow cooker and I can't help but feel a bit resentful that I've struggled with my weight as an adult trying to undo all of these bad eating habits.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement