Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Wishing I was raised with a chocolate bar a week! I was given money to go to the shop and get sweets every day (50p usually which got you a decent haul in the early-mid nineties) and there was always chocolate and crisps in the cupboard at home. My parents worked full time so I went to my nana' s after school and she had a chocolate bar waiting for me, that was on top of the one I had for my lunch in school. If I was upset my mum gave me sweets or she'd give me sweets to do something I didn't like, such as piano lessons. I ate a lot of ready meals and rubbish as a child because my mum was working and was too tired to always cook properly. It wasn't until I met my wife that I realised that you could make your own tomato sauce and didn't have to use dolmio. Now my mum works part time and spends the whole day making food in the slow cooker and I can't help but feel a bit resentful that I've struggled with my weight as an adult trying to undo all of these bad eating habits.
    Lady I was the opposite growing up. Used to love going to my neighbours as a kid cause they had an entire treat press and got chips every day for lunch and ice pops were always always in the freezer in the garage so you could help yourself. My mother loved cooking and baking and we never really got anything from a jar. There’d be ice cream for after dinner on Sunday but no chocolate or sweets during the week. She’d spend her saturdays baking though so there’d be fairy cakes or sponge cakes or apple pie or scones or whatever she’d made. That was the “treat” but tbh apart from apple pie I could take or leave.
    Got pocket money on a Sunday if we went to mass. Usually would spend that on a fizzy drink and a lucky bag or little toy in my dads friends shop. Magazines as I got older.

Now though I’m so fussy and have the diet of an unsupervised child. Diabetes is hereditary in my family, my mom had it from when she was a small child, my nana had it from when she was little and her dad had it etc so it hadn’t skipped s generation. She was so paranoid we’d end up with it she was very strict with what we got during the week.

Now to be fair I still love my veg but only if they’re cut a certain way, don’t really bother with meat, don’t have set meal times, had haribos tangtastic for dinner last night, had the soft jelly ones for breakfast, skipped lunch had custard for dinner and I’m still hungry so I’ll go root out some tuc crackers and cheese.

I do that because I can and I couldn’t do that til I was well into my late teens. I know better and I should act better but I don’t and though I have no excuse for a bad diet, I still have a bad diet :(

You live and learn though. Each day you can change something you don’t like doing. You’ll get where you want to be eventually

TA I’ll probs have no teeth when I’m 50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    We only got a small bar at the weekends. Desserts after dinner only happened a handful of times a year. Fizzy drinks were restricted to birthdays and Christmas (those big bottles of Country Spring). I’m 34.

Having said that, I think the above was a bit TOO strict. I overate bad stuff from my teenage years to about my mid-twenties because I kind of wondered at it. But I think money also played a part in that my parents didn't have enough of it to be wasting some of it on junk food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I disliked fruit for much of my childhood. I typically had a fry for breakfast, and sometimes cereal. There was a time when I liked crisps. I had my fair share of chocolate and sweets. Combined with a bad habit with toothbrushing at one point, I had to go to an atypical dentist appointment. I remember being put under an anaesthetic, and I was reluctant to go under it. I wailed over that moment, and I remember playing one of my childhood games, Mario 64, after getting home. Things have gotten a lot better since then, with a few hitches in recent memory.

Around the age of 11 or 12, I started to make a breakthrough with my diet. I would try and eat healthier breakfasts - Weetabix or yogurt/granola, rather than the fry and chocolate cereal I was accustomed to for much of my childhood. This was probably also the point I started to like more fruit. I started to like bananas, and would eat fruit rather than just get my supply of vitamins from fruit juices, smoothies, and at one point, supplements.
    I became more conscious of my diet, perhaps a bit too much, especially for a child who was about to enter his adolescence.

Nowadays, I typically have Weetabix for breakfast. Quite frequently, I have noodles or chicken wings, whether it be for lunch, dinner, or supper. Quite often, my appetite isn't up for meals, probably due to snacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Timing belt went in car, favorite trousers ripped, got an abscess in my tooth and got taken off for playing just ok in a soccer match all happened last week!! Glad to see the back of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

TA: The father walks in, I'm just relaxing watching American Dad on Fox.

He says "Is there not something better on??" He's one of these people that thinks because it's animated that it's for like children.

I'd be thrown out of the house if I ever said what I was thinking "what would you rather I watch dad, anything of your taste? Mind numbing drivel like Nationwide, About The House, Ear to Ground, Eastenders, Don't Tell The Bride, reality t.v. ****, Operation Transformation, depressing documentaries on the Irish health service....I'd rather peel my eyelids off"

I like to watch t.v. where I'm not losing the will to live.

If he doesn't get the humour it's instantly defined not funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dress up like Roger(Ricky Spanish) and show your dad what the show is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Wishing I was raised with a chocolate bar a week! I was given money to go to the shop and get sweets every day (50p usually which got you a decent haul in the early-mid nineties) and there was always chocolate and crisps in the cupboard at home. My parents worked full time so I went to my nana' s after school and she had a chocolate bar waiting for me, that was on top of the one I had for my lunch in school. If I was upset my mum gave me sweets or she'd give me sweets to do something I didn't like, such as piano lessons. I ate a lot of ready meals and rubbish as a child because my mum was working and was too tired to always cook properly. It wasn't until I met my wife that I realised that you could make your own tomato sauce and didn't have to use dolmio. Now my mum works part time and spends the whole day making food in the slow cooker and I can't help but feel a bit resentful that I've struggled with my weight as an adult trying to undo all of these bad eating habits.

My mother was a bit of a mad bitch when I was a teenager, she was either having a high or a low. A high meant she bought sugary food, junk food, fizzy drinks etc and a low meant she didn't buy any food. This was a progression from when I was a young child when it was either no food or frozen junk like chips, fish fingers, crispy pancakes (who remembers them?!). And this is the same woman who used to make Christmas cakes and puddings for extended family, I'm talking the real deal cakes and puddings that everyone raved about.
    So I grew up with a messed up attitude towards food and it has taken about 15 years to fix that.

My TA is that I actually have to work to get money to buy things. I don't want to go to work waaaarrrggghhhh! I want to stay in bed with my dogs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Almost finished my antib's and steroids...still coughing like an 80 a day smoker...have my kidney scan for Monday's, bloods came back iffy...tis all go here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

1.30 Euros for a Boost from the Terryland garage shop, yet up the road Mr Price is selling 4 Boosts in a packet for 1.50 :D This should've went into the trivially happy thread. :D

Did the boost take over the morro bar?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at myself for going to bed late again," 9pm,Ahhh sure one game of monster hunter won't hurt, I'll just do one hunt"

*looks at watch* 12:00am Fuuuuuuuuuu :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lists, lists and more lists. Repeating my medical history to medical professionals and still no one helping. Just honestly broken and exhausted yet here I am at my desk since 8am.

Ta'd at myself for going to bed late again," 9pm,Ahhh sure one game of monster hunter won't hurt, I'll just do one hunt"

When you wake up then before you even get out of bed you are telling yourself you will be in bed tonight at 9.”sure there’s nothing for at by staying up anyway”.que that night then you stay up til 1am at same old sh1te.been there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

Getting up in the middle of the night for a piss....that's what old people do...I'm only 46 going on 25....lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

That was me Monday night with the Witcher 3, "I cant stop in the middle of this mission" :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Omg the STENCH of BO from the guy who sits across from me this morning. I am maybe gonna vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    One thing that's been bugging the s**t out of me of late is job announcements on local radio, it's these great multinational companies setting up or expanding their operations and creating so many hundred jobs.

I can always predict what the newsreader says to a tee, "Good news on the jobs front today as [Insert company name here] have announced an expansion which is expected to roll out 200 jobs at their site in Dublin."

Dublin, why is it always Dublin?? Why can't they spread the wealth and branch out a bit across the country, bet you the midlands or somewhere down the country would benefit greatly from a multinational setup. Give some workers a better work/life balance. Get them off the motorways and save them the long commutes, traffic, petrol/toll costs and getting up at stupid o clock in the morning. Be better for road safety as well as local economies, people would have a bit more money to spend and time to themselves, maybe build or rent a place outside Dublin. People could spend more time with their family, or enjoy their hobbies after work.

Good luck with that when you're stuck on the M50 in the morning/evening shouting at the bellend in front of you in traffic, sipping on an overpriced outskirts of Dublin petrol station coffee because you're wrecked from a few days working and annoying commuting times, before arriving home and having just enough time to cook a meal and go to bed, and rinse and repeat for the next day. What kind of a f**king life is that? Basically living for the weekend, literally!

I mean in comparison to other counties, a lot of Ireland is still stuck in the stone age employment wise. And it was like that during the boom too, a lot of the smaller cities and towns got a shopping centre if they were lucky and that's the only development a smaller city or town gets and a few overpriced apartment blocks as well, More minimum wage jobs than anything and s**t contract jobs where you don't know what hours you're doing from one week to the next.

Am I the only one who thinks the table is quite tilted in Ireland? It's almost like they don't want you to make a living and have a half decent work/life balance during your Monday to Friday, there should be some sort of upheaval in this country. There is 20 odd other counties that struggle to move forward and prosper, while Dublin plows ahead. I understand Dublin has it's own problems like with the homeless crisis and all but I'm talking like in economic terms, they are looked after better than other counties and everywhere else falls behind.

Do we have a "Best post of the month award" we can give this person? ^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Woke up this morning feeling nauseous. Still cant even look at food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Bins weren't collected...bags and bags of refuse left strewn around...burst... leakage... seepage...and yours truly picking them up and filling 1.5 wheelie bins...gave you when I started retching and heaving....

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

the smug undertones from those who wear the Repeal jumpers on nights out. You can't take a piss in a hipster bar without walking by one or two on the way to the jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Omg the STENCH of BO from the guy who sits across from me this morning. I am maybe gonna vomit.

I was in the 3arena last night and this fella walked past and the smell of him would knock a horse down.
    As he walked through the crowd it was like Moses parting the red sea.
    Minging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

That was me Monday night with the Witcher 3, "I cant stop in the middle of this mission" :o

My Witcher 3 annoyance is that I my OH bought me the dlc for Christmas 2 years ago and I still haven’t played through the dlc. I want to do it properly and have a death march play through before hitting the dlc, but I just don’t have the time. My last play through had me up for hours after himself and the kids had gone to bed :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I was walking up South William Street just before 8 this morning and there was a lorry stopped emptying the recycling bins from outside some of the properties.

The lads were working quickly enough.

Eventually about 5 cars ended up stuck behind waiting. I'd imagine they were held for less than 2 minutes overall in the end. As the guys are emptying some impatient twat in the queue starts beeping, which leads all the others to follow suit. There is a chorus of impatient beeping, various angry faces, lots of gesticulating. It was beyond ridiculous. What did they expect the guys to do? Abandon the job and retreat back to the depot.

If being delayed for that long causes such a reaction in people they are going to be dead from a heart attack or a stroke before long! Only the start of the day and they are already het up and angry. I think being stuck in metal boxes so much does that to some folk.

Saddos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Vel wrote: »
    ...As the guys are emptying some impatient twat in the queue starts beeping, which leads all the others to follow suit..

This reminds me of another pet TA of mine on the road - people who's immediate reaction to some sort of blockage and/or hazard on the road is to take one hand off the bloody steering-wheel and start pressing the make-stupid-useless-noise button. Keep your hands on the wheel and concentrate on controlling the vehicle properly, or I'll pull your mallet head out through the window, cunnox!! :mad:

jimgoose wrote: »
    This reminds me of another pet TA of mine on the road - people who's immediate reaction to some sort of blockage and/or hazard on the road is to take one hand off the bloody steering-wheel and start pressing the make-stupid-useless-noise button. Keep your hands on the wheel and concentrate on controlling the vehicle properly, or I'll pull your mallet head out through the window, cunnox!! :mad:

I've also seen plenty of drivers not using their indicators, so pedestrians won't be able to know which way the drivers will turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I've also seen plenty of drivers not using their indicators, so pedestrians won't be able to know which way the drivers will turn.

Such drivers need to be beaten to death to the full extent of the law.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

An old lady on the Luas just offered me her seat. Now I'm paranoid that I look preggers.

It's probably just because I have a load of bags, but still .... I'm going to the gym now before lunch, as a precautionary measure. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ninjini wrote: »
    My Witcher 3 annoyance is that I my OH bought me the dlc for Christmas 2 years ago and I still haven’t played through the dlc. I want to do it properly and have a death march play through before hitting the dlc, but I just don’t have the time. My last play through had me up for hours after himself and the kids had gone to bed :o

Hearts of Stone is one of the best things you'll experience in any medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Someone applying nail polish in a fairly small office

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We were given a "mini project " to do and I haven't the faintest idea where to start :o.
    My Witcher 3 annoyance is that I my OH bought me the dlc for Christmas 2 years ago and I still haven’t played through the dlc.

I love that game so much, I didn't want the adventure to end,Change that as soon as you can, the dlc is great, between the two them its adds an extra 50 hours of content .

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Hearts of Stone is one of the best things you'll experience in any medium.

Ah, I really want to play it. The game itself was just on another level. My all time favourite game. When I'm up til 4am playing, I'll be posting here about being tired and I'm blaming you for encouraging me :p

• Advertisement

Waiting for people in a group to listen to me gets on my TAts.

We were given a "mini project " to do and I haven't the faintest idea where to start :o.

I love that game so much, I didn't want the adventure to end,Change that as soon as you can, the dlc is great, between the two them its adds an extra 50 hours of content .

I'll be blaming you for my zombie state as well :D I'm going to start tonight. Why is it not bed time for the kids yet? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I got the Witcher 3 from my son for xmas.....I still haven't stopped playing it 2 months later, started a 2nd play through and bought the DLC so starting the 2nd one today :D

I got the Witcher 3 from my son for xmas.....I still haven't stopped playing it 2 months later, started a 2nd play through and bought the DLC so starting the 2nd one today :D
    Hope you enjoy the second play through.
    I bought my OH an Xbox one and the Witcher 3 for his birthday but I ended up getting hooked on the Witcher and staying up all hours to clear it :o It's so addictive. Just an epic experience.
    I'm annoyed at myself for leaving it so long to play the dlc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

The chap sitting beside me at the docs is breathing too heavily and is reading my phone

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Should be brought outside and powerwashed above on a ramp so it’s good and thorough.then a half budget sprayer mixed with jeyes fluid and their old clothes thrown on a bonfire for the greater good of mankind.repeat daily if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Having said that, I think the above was a bit TOO strict. I overate bad stuff from my teenage years to about my mid-twenties because I kind of wondered at it. But I think money also played a part in that my parents didn't have enough of it to be wasting some of it on junk food.
    We didn't much sweets or pocket money in our gaff, so when I got my first summer job at 12 or 13 I must have went back to school about a stone heavier from blowing a large portion of my wages on bars pennysweets and minerals :o

Lucyfur wrote: »
    The chap sitting beside me at the docs is breathing too heavily and is reading my phone

Open up a text and start writing a reply that says “stuck in doctors.some fukr is reading my phone over my shoulder.about to murder him.his loud breathing is driving me mad.wont have to worry about that for much longer.ill meet you at the same place as before.bring 2 shovels and a pick axe”.

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Type up a text 'Learn to breath properly you nosey bollocks'

I put in a 143 hours over the course of a year and a bit, was going between witcher 3 and dragons dogma :3
    I'll be blaming you for my zombie state as well :D

Ta'd by this! :mad:

:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got a game at Christmas and put some good hours into it. Completely forgotten about it until now which is TA, now I have to try find time to play it again.

There's a mad little ball of fur behind a gate that I have to walk by every day. It sits still and just as you are walking past lets fly a volley of loud high pitched barks. The little fcuk only seems to do it to me for some reason. I keep forgetting about him and then leap a foot in the air when he lets rip. Even worse is when someone sees me jumping like a big girl's blouse. How humiliating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I agree with the people who say that being deprived makes you go the opposite way too! I tend to do the opposite of what I'm told to do so even if my mum fed me nothing but carrots I'd probably have ended up like this anyway :p I guess there is a balance in there somewhere.

I got my missus The Witcher 3 for her birthday and I'm happy to see everyone loving it! She's mental about Skyrim and Oblivion so I knew she'd like it.

My TA is that I had to leave my laptop in Reading because I didn't have space for it in my bag and I'm mad addicted to a game called Banished and all of your talk about gaming is making my withdrawal worse :p

Ta'd by this! :mad:

:pac::pac:

:(
    if I told you I can’t stand Yennefer would that make you even more annoyed? :D

My daughters hair is annoying me. It seems to be developing into a mullet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

TA'd that my toddler won't give me 30seconds on my own in the toilet so i can stick a difene suppository up my jacksie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

heldel00 wrote: »
    TA'd that my toddler won't give me 30seconds on my own in the toilet so i can stick a difene suppository up my jacksie!

Way too much detail!!

:(
    if I told you I can’t stand Yennefer would that make you even more annoyed? :D
    (

200.gif

It would actually :mad:

it wouldn't really I prefer triss :-D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

heldel00 wrote: »

Way too much detail!!

You need to head over to the pregnant women's forum for a read if you think that is too much detail. It'll make your eyes water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The middle of my top lip is cracked the last few days. Have done nothing about it of course but it is quite TA and sore.

• Advertisement

In the past, in the corner at the end of my road, people occasionally block this corner. It makes me think of them as self-important, self-absorbed individuals. One day, on the way home from my local shop, I walked by a bunch of guys who then told me to move out of the way. How f***ing rude.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement