Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I will tell you what - people can be a right pain in the tats.

I am trying to work from home (ie bed) today and people keep pinging me to help them with stuff.
    The cheek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

One geography class in 3rd year, I wasn't cooperating with my partner whilst doing past exam questions. My teacher called both of us eejits as a result. I'm to blame in this situation, but that was just uncalled for. A teacher's job is to motivate students and compliment them on their way, not to destroy a person's self-esteem with insults, for f***'s sake.

When people mistakenly refer to the incorrect CPU names, i.e. saying i7 when it's supposed to be i5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In a long line of traffic and one of the cars in the row beeps to get moving. Well the person in front of me gave me the finger and the woman walking on the path beside me gave me a dirty look. Excuse he fcuk outta me I did not beep.
    TA at the one time I behave myself in traffic I still get scolded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Lucyfur wrote: »
    The chap sitting beside me at the docs is breathing too heavily and is reading my phone

Whenever I notice anyone doing this next to me on the bus, I send a message saying "some cúnt beside me reading my texts" usually does the job

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

When people mistakenly refer to the incorrect CPU names, i.e. saying i7 when it's supposed to be i5.

You have so many TA's :D calm it down you are only young once :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This project is giving me a headache and I can feel myself getting stressed out already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

When Discord goes to the loading screen when there's no Internet connection.
    Is always such a relief when Twilight Sparkle fixes it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

We didn't much sweets or pocket money in our gaff, so when I got my first summer job at 12 or 13 I must have went back to school about a stone heavier from blowing a large portion of my wages on bars pennysweets and minerals :o

Absolutely, I can relate. I was a skinny teenager despite it (and because I didn't eat much else. I had a turbulent home life and would often feel nauseous when I ate due to emotional problems. When I think back to my teens, I actually got used to being hungry. No scarcity of good food around, I just didn't want to eat it) but once I stopped growing, weight piled on.

TA at not being able to remember dreams in their entirety.

Last night I had a very clear and oddly specific dream where I was in the shower, washing with Nivea Shower Creme*, which made the shower tray very slippery and I was sliding around rinsing my hair. I woke up with an urge to call everyone I know and warn them of the dangers of Nivea Shower Creme*

Riveting stuff, I know.

I have never used Nivea Shower Creme*, and I have no plans to use Nivea Shower Creme*. It might be a lovely product, I don't know. I have a feeling the dream ended with disaster and I probably fell, but I just can't remember the rest of it, which is annoying because I hate missing the ending of anything.

*Not a euphemism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Possibly one for the "Say something controversial" thread but I can take or leave chocolate. I'd buy it maybe two or three times a year, eat a bit of whatever it is, put it in the press and go looking for it weeks and weeks later and then have my sister laugh at me for thinking it would still be there.

Today's TA: people who put recyclable stuff in the general waste bin in work :mad::mad::mad:

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Possibly one for the "Say something controversial" thread but I can take or leave chocolate. I'd buy it maybe two or three times a year, eat a bit of whatever it is, put it in the press and go looking for it weeks and weeks later and then have my sister laugh at me for thinking it would still be there.

I kinda get that. I don't like easter eggs and people look at me askance when I say so. I tell my folks every year to not buy me an egg, but they still do. Because secretly they know they'll get to eat the egg I don't want.

I do like chocolate but it's not the junk food I really go gaga for. I don't really care for chocolately desserts for example and I full stop don't like hot chocolate.

And here's another one: I didn't like ice cream as a child and I'm still not that pushed now. A bit of it ON other things is nice, like pie or whatever, but I don't really get the appeal of sitting down with a bowl of ice cream.

That works well for my hubs who LOVES ice cream. If I'm watching my weight, it's something he can have in the house that I won't be in any way tempted to touch.

_Dara_ wrote: »
    I do like chocolate but it's not the junk food I really go gaga for. I don't really care for chocolately desserts for example and I full stop don't like hot chocolate.

And here's another one: I didn't like ice cream as a child and I'm still not that pushed now. A bit of it ON other things is nice, like pie or whatever, but I don't really get the appeal of sitting down with a bowl of ice cream.

Ugh, no can't stand ice cream. Or cake. Or biscuits. I just don't really have a sweet tooth.

Mind you, I don't eat crisps or anything like that either. Cheese is my real weakness. I look at people who say they don't like cheese the same way people look at me when I tell them I don't really eat chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

put xbox 360 game in my new xbox one - "game is not compatible!" ahhhh!!!:mad:

buy game in xbox store 4 hours later 30% downloaded - i think i might have to leave it downloading overnight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I'm a member of one of those Local Garda Checkpoints and Road Updates Facebook pages. Some of the people who comment and post in it get on my TAts but also provide me with excellent laughs! Examples:-

- On snowy mornings people post about the "hazardous conditions" and moan about how the Council haven't gritted the roads and how the roads are a "total danger, just an accident waiting to happen" WHILE PUTTING UP PICTURES OF THE SAID HAZARDOUS ROAD THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN FROM BEHIND THE WHEEL WHILE DRIVING.

- There's the usual few Council bashers who love complaining about the potholes and "why wud w3 bother payiin d road tax wen d roads are a st8" while an hour later commenting under posts about council road works diversions "st8 of d Council how are we meant 2 get our kiidz ou 2 da skools"....

*facepalm*

Also I'll tell you what definitely is not getting on my TAts! These fabulous evenings!

I remember when a ****load of UCD students (or was it DCU?) took the majority of bus seats on my way home from a dentist appointment.

Ugh, no can't stand ice cream. Or cake. Or biscuits. I just don't really have a sweet tooth.

Mind you, I don't eat crisps or anything like that either. Cheese is my real weakness. I look at people who say they don't like cheese the same way people look at me when I tell them I don't really eat chocolate.

You're so lucky. Cheese might be calorie-dense but I think that sugar is way more conducive to weight gain than fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

northgirl wrote: »
    Lists, lists and more lists. Repeating my medical history to medical professionals and still no one helping. Just honestly broken and exhausted yet here I am at my desk since 8am.

Literally makes me unbelievably angry, telling the same story over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Steve F wrote: »
    Do we have a "Best post of the month award" we can give this person? ^^^

Haha.....Thanks Steve F

Much appreciated!

Whenever I have a cold, I almost always have a sore throat when outdoors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Was chatting in an empty office with a workmate about the latest clanger the resident sexist made, of course this was overheard by a person higher up the ladder than we are, he went off the deep end saying we were mean/bullying blah blah even tho he doesn't know the guy involved or how his attitude make a hard job a million times harder.

TA men who don't understand context!!!!!!!!!!

Using the "new work computer" it doesn't have an external mouse, and I cant get the hang of the integrated one, pages flying downward and the print size "magically" changing. Reminds me of when I started learning how to use an external mouse.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Very very trivial but seriously need new Dating Website with new faces. Getting so sick of all the current ones and old faces.

Very very trivial but seriously need new Dating Website with new faces. Getting so sick of all the current ones and old faces.

Im here baby :P ah no you will find the same people on all of them. If you use Tinder download Bumble, its similar but the lads cant message first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Dreaming about being late for work while being late for work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Today's TA: people who put recyclable stuff in the general waste bin in work :mad::mad::mad:

Same, chocolate is grand and all but meh. Don't have much of a sweet tooth but I could eat crisps till they came out my ears.

Worse TA: when people put non-recyclable stuff (like coffee cups with the coffee STILL IN THEM) in the recycle bin.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was cutting some delicious soda bread this morning while listening to some killer jams.
    I got too carried away listening to the music and nearly cut the top of my finger off.
    The missus keeps complaining that our knives aren't sharp enough. This event proves otherwise.
    So I man'd the f*ck up, rinsed my ringer under the tap, wrapped a bit of kitchen roll around it and finished cutting the bread.
    Got the daughter to put a plaster on it.
    The bread was delicious.

Also, my machine in work is crawling along today. So I'm spending more time trying to sort that instead or working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,525 ✭✭✭valoren

In traffic this morning coming in through Tivoli in Cork.

Traffic moving slowly, we pass a Guard on a bike writing a ticket to a white man van just past the Silversprings Hotel. Now, if you have your head screwed on after passing and seeing this, you realise that this Guard will shortly be making his way into the city centre and knowing that Horgans Quay (a two lane one direction road) is coming up, then this same Guard will be driving up between the traffic queue. Considering the traffic is moving slowly he will clearly see if you are using a mobile phone. In the 20 minutes it took to get into the centre he stopped another 4 drivers in that time . At €80 a ticket it was an additional €320 in fines for dopey drivers. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for him.

valoren wrote: »
    In traffic this morning coming in through Tivoli in Cork.

Traffic moving slowly, we pass a Guard on a bike writing a ticket to a white man van just past the Silversprings Hotel. Now, if you have your head screwed on after passing and seeing this, you realise that this Guard will shortly be making his way into the city centre and knowing that Horgans Quay (a two lane one direction road) is coming up, then this same Guard will be driving up between the traffic queue. Considering the traffic is moving slowly he will clearly see if you are using a mobile phone. In the 20 minutes it took to get into the centre he stopped another 4 drivers in that time . At €80 a ticket it was an additional €320 in fines for dopey drivers. It was like shooting fish in a barrel for him.

Is the TA the Guard doing his job or slow traffic :confused:

Headaches that are disproportionate to the amount of wine consumed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Was asked over coffee break if I had any plans for "Paddy's Day". God how I hate that expression, the only worse version came from a former colleague who referred to "Wacker's Day". Before someone posts a reply asking, "do you have any plans for Paddy's Day?" No, but my partner and I are going to Kilkenny for Saint Patrick's Day.

Getting a temporarily sore throat from blowing in my nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I broke a nail. They all looked so pretty up until 5 minutes ago :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

smeal wrote: »
    I'm a member of one of those Local Garda Checkpoints and Road Updates Facebook pages. Some of the people who comment and post in it get on my TAts but also provide me with excellent laughs! Examples:-
    !

Those groups annoy me, no hassle with Road updates, but I'm not a fan of tipping others off on checkpoints (unless they're illegal).

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

razorblunt wrote: »
    Those groups annoy me, no hassle with Road updates, but I'm not a fan of tipping others off on checkpoints (unless they're illegal).

And people have no shame in it!

In the one I'm in somebody could post "Checkpoint at Such and Such a Roundabout" and some idiot posting under it says "Oh great thanks, must drive the other way as my insurance is out about 6 years". There are definitely Gardai members in it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People invading my personal space. At my desk having lunch and coming right up in my face. F** off it's lunchtime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ninjini wrote: »
    I broke a nail. They all looked so pretty up until 5 minutes ago :(

Get a claw hammer, take the nail out and hammer a new one in. Problem solved😊.

What is currently getting on my tats is..

Radio adverts for anything Americany, using voice overs with false American accents. Particular one at the moment for "The Rat Pack" concert. Some dick spouting on about in crap Noo Yawk accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This Now Baby TV ****e that's on in the hospital waiting room, all the most ridiculous ads and totally sanctimonious public health messages you can possibly imagine. So fcuking annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Was asked over coffee break if I had any plans for "Paddy's Day". God how I hate that expression, the only worse version came from a former colleague who referred to "Wacker's Day". Before someone posts a reply asking, "do you have any plans for Paddy's Day?" No, but my partner and I are going to Kilkenny for Saint Patrick's Day.
    I hate to break it to you but there's an even worse version than that. "Patty's Day". Sure it's an American thing but it drives me up the wall anytime I hear or see it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have lost the key to my desk locker thing. The one that contains my secret chocolate stash.
    Need a crowbar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Much prefer Saint Patty's Day myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

northgirl wrote: »
    People invading my personal space. At my desk having lunch and coming right up in my face. F** off it's lunchtime!

Oh Jesus, yes!
    "Sorry, I know you're on your lunch but a quick question".

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Paddy Cow wrote:
    I hate to break it to you but there's an even worse version than that. "Patty's Day". Sure it's an American thing but it drives me up the wall anytime I hear or see it

Lived in Canada for a few years.. My eyes were twitching for weeks solid around that time.. Pattys day written everywhere!! If you're gona steal/ adopt our holiday fookin spell it right!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Again people who don't wash there hands after going to the bathroom,While I was washing my hands a lad came out of the cubicle, came over to the taps, while looking in the mirror he put his hands in his mouth for a couple of seconds o_O and then left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I hate to break it to you but there's an even worse version than that. "Patty's Day". Sure it's an American thing but it drives me up the wall anytime I hear or see it :mad:

Oh God yes. When anyone in U.S. used it I used to retaliate by asking what they planned to do for "Indo Day".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

User is typing ...
    User is typing ...
    User is typing ...
    User is typing ...

"Ok"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Lived in Canada for a few years.. My eyes were twitching for weeks solid around that time.. Pattys day written everywhere!! If you're gona steal/ adopt our holiday fookin spell it right!!!
    Oh God yes. When anyone in U.S. used it I used to retaliate by asking what they planned to do for "Indo Day".
    It's cultural appropriation. I'm offended and outraged :pac::pac:

The smell of poop that stays on your hand even after washing it with soap.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The smell of poop that stays on your hand even after washing it with soap.

Then you haven't washed it/them properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Paddy Cow wrote: »

I think it's waaaaay cool that you have a whole day devoted to celebrating the meaty part of a burger! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭lorcand1990

Parents who say their baby is XX months old (after a year or more).. your baby is 1 and a half, not 18 months!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement