Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Parents who say their baby is XX months old (after a year or more).. your baby is 1 and a half, not 18 months!!

This also bugs me, but, health officials go by months. All checks by the health nurse and vaccinations etc. are all 13 and 18 months for example. So it can be easier to just use months until they turn 2.

I’m currently annoyed at myself for plugging my phone into the charger, but not switching the socket on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Ninjini wrote: »
    I’m currently annoyed at myself for plugging my phone into the charger, but not switching the socket on :(

I've had such instances before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stupid stack implementation using arrays :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Candie wrote: »
    TA at not being able to remember dreams in their entirety.

Last night I had a very clear and oddly specific dream where I was in the shower, washing with Nivea Shower Creme*, which made the shower tray very slippery and I was sliding around rinsing my hair. I woke up with an urge to call everyone I know and warn them of the dangers of Nivea Shower Creme*

Riveting stuff, I know.

I have never used Nivea Shower Creme*, and I have no plans to use Nivea Shower Creme*. It might be a lovely product, I don't know. I have a feeling the dream ended with disaster and I probably fell, but I just can't remember the rest of it, which is annoying because I hate missing the ending of anything.

*Not a euphemism.
    Sounds like the boffins at Nivea have finally worked out how to beam their products straight into peoples dreams :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Asking people their names and forgetting them the minute they tell me.
    Happens at least five times a day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

anna080 wrote: »
    Asking people their names and forgetting them the minute they tell me.
    Happens at least five times a day.

I have to admit Jane080, the same thing always happens to me.

I have a similar experience, with suddenly forgetting things I have in mind.

I don't have a problem with names, however.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

T'a too at my bad memory.
    Boom_Bap wrote: »

I thought her name was Mary080 :3

*gets coat*

Remembering certain events/dates is also a problem for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Waiting to see the hygienist, two of my wisdom teeth have flared up so not looking forward to this :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ahh Betty Boop you do make me laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Very very trivial but seriously need new Dating Website with new faces. Getting so sick of all the current ones and old faces.

Sick of the lot of them, at least in my area on POF it's always the same faces on there for 2 years plus now I would say. A lot of them a bit into their 30s and still on morning, noon and night. Part of me thinks half of them are on there just to be plamased and not actually interested in dating at all.

6 months would go by at a time before I'd manage to get a date using the app. Had two dates with the same girl in the last month, thought she was nice, seemed like she was kind of serious about finding someone, after the second date then, friend zoned me. Thought she'd have been a bit different towards the last few people I went out with.

Should rename POF to PAF, standing for Picky As F**k.

And as for Bumble, it's only any good if you're living in Dublin which seems to be where everyone is on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Having to go all the way to Dublin for 5 minutes with a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The smell of poop that stays on your hand even after washing it with soap.

Stop buying single ply bog roll, :D (fingers wont pop through it :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The roll call of sound mixers, producers, assistants, researchers etc etc etc that are rhymed off after the likes of LiveLine or The Pat Kenny Radio Show.

I couldn't give a damn who produced the radio show. Why would I? When did we start this nonsense of making us listen to these names?

• Advertisement

selous wrote: »
    Stop buying single ply bog roll, :D (fingers wont pop through it :rolleyes:)

I was using 2-ply roll.

I've noticed that some old PC games, particularly DOS-based ones, require some configuration to get running at a smooth framerate, especially on modern PCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I was using 2-ply roll.
    Peasant. I use 3 ply, scented with aloe vera. Only the best for my derriere :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Teenagers. They're so screamy and annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Junadl

When you are tagged in a pic on Facebook at a pub or out with people and someone in your "friends" list says something like, "Oh good to see you out and about".
    Er just because I don't put my evenings out on Facebook doesn't mean they didn't happen you patronising s.o.b!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The smell of poop that stays on your hand even after washing it with soap.

Where you getting in touch with your inner self?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm craving cake, real homemade cake, plain good old cake like a fruitcake minus the fruit, but I'm the only cakemaker in the house and I don't want to make it. Harrumph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Where you getting in touch with your inner self?

Uranus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

BBDBB wrote: »
    Uranus?

Or Mianus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA: My husband finished the main storyline in Witcher 3 while I was at work. So I didn't get to see the ending. I've been watching him play for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have to do an online course thing and a quiz for work tomorrow but the website won't load. There are too many people on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

So tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

zcorpian88 wrote:
    Sick of the lot of them, at least in my area on POF it's always the same faces on there for 2 years plus now I would say. A lot of them a bit into their 30s and still on morning, noon and night.

People in their early 30s using online dating?! The humanity! They should all fcuk off back to God's waiting room where they properly belong, clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Drivers staying in the overtake lane :mad: MOVE!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Noisey eaters and tea slurpers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

The auto ''quick'' passport reader at Dublin Airport immigration. Some scenes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    TA: My husband finished the main storyline in Witcher 3 while I was at work. So I didn't get to see the ending. I've been watching him play for months.

Youtube maybe?

Edit: I just youtubed it. There's a 55 minute video with all possible endings. Your next TA is going to be that you can watch the ending but the fecking thing is so long.

Ta'd that I got caught up in doing a programming exercise of my own (not my project :D) and forgot all about the young offenders .

Why do so many great things go to s**t, like the Simpsons and SpongeBob? Not to mention the music and gaming industry. F**k you, EA. Your devilish practices get on my TAts and everybody else's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

TA that I want to write but have a headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People in their early 30s using online dating?! The humanity! They should all fcuk off back to God's waiting room where they properly belong, clearly.

I didn't say people in their 30s were ancient, sure I'm 29.

I'm saying if you're in your 30s, using online dating, they should make an effort to get off it, don't know what half of them do be waiting to find on it. I message people on it younger and a bit older than myself. Think if you're an interesting 31 or 32 year old, you'd think they'd be glad to have a 29 year old that'll read their profile and want to get to know them a bit, instead you get snubbed or blocked even!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

What's my trivial annoyance?

Homo sapiens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

People who walk out of the local supermarket wearing full pilot uniforms including jacket when its 38C outside !

Seriously a case of “look at me”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

People feel the need reply to birthday wishes on Facebook. Thanks for the birthday wishes I had a wonderful day.
    I guarantee most of them are doing the same as the day before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    I didn't say people in their 30s were ancient, sure I'm 29.

I'm saying if you're in your 30s, using online dating, they should make an effort to get off it, don't know what half of them do be waiting to find on it. I message people on it younger and a bit older than myself. Think if you're an interesting 31 or 32 year old, you'd think they'd be glad to have a 29 year old that'll read their profile and want to get to know them a bit, instead you get snubbed or blocked even!

You have to remember Women will have more choice so obviously they are chatting to a good few lads already, I deleted POF myself the other day, just made me feel ugly :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My head is so addled I raced to my Pilates class this morning way ahead of time arriving at 6.05 not starting til 6.45. I need a new head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

People who have adopted a new healthy lifestyle(fair play to them) but continually telling you its so much better than your own current lifestyle, eh no you look great but you really wanna sit with me and eat a big chipper!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

"Daddy, daddy, come look at this!"

*Boomer goes running to daughter thinking she has found something cool*

"Look, it's my poop!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

"Daddy, daddy, come look at this!"

*Boomer goes running to daughter thinking she has found something cool*

"Look, it's my poop!"

She's definitely half German anyway :p

TA'd that I have to pee but don't want to get out of bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Saw Macbeth in the Bord Gais theatre and my TA is whisper whisper whisper all throughout the first half. I changed seats for the second half

The place was full of secondary school students and shame on me as I thought they’d be messers but they were good as gold. No the disruptive feckers were a well dressed well to do middle aged couple, pair of wagons!

LMB is a nasty piece of work :eek: you were there too *waves*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

She's definitely half German anyway :p

TA'd that I have to pee but don't want to get out of bed.

the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. just sayin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

the two do not have to be mutually exclusive. just sayin.

Now you're going into Jack's territory :D

Kidney is killing me today... hoping it's just stones

Car park near the kids school, it always fills up so I get there early.
    There were no spaces left so there was an estate car with a tow bar lingering around waiting for a space to free up.
    One came along and the person in the estate screeched over to the spot, reversed in, smashed the tow bar into the car behind them, got out of the car, took a glance at the damage, shrugged and walked off.

When I got back to the car park, the estate was gone, but the owner of the other car still hadn't shown up. I couldn't hang around though.

I can't believe that some people don't give a sh*t about other peoples property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Car park near the kids school, it always fills up so I get there early.
    There were no spaces left so there was an estate car with a tow bar lingering around waiting for a space to free up.
    One came along and the person in the estate screeched over to the spot, reversed in, smashed the tow bar into the car behind them, got out of the car, took a glance at the damage, shrugged and walked off.

When I got back to the car park, the estate was gone, but the owner of the other car still hadn't shown up. I couldn't hang around though.

I can't believe that some people don't give a sh*t about other peoples property.

I hope you left the other car a note with the reg of the estate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Grayson wrote: »
    Youtube maybe?

Edit: I just youtubed it. There's a 55 minute video with all possible endings. Your next TA is going to be that you can watch the ending but the fecking thing is so long.

He told me the ending he got so I think it'd be spoiled for me anyway. Might check it out quickly later on though.
    People who have adopted a new healthy lifestyle(fair play to them) but continually telling you its so much better than your own current lifestyle, eh no you look great but you really wanna sit with me and eat a big chipper!
    My sister started a paleo diet and spent the entire weekend last time I was down home telling everyone how amazing it was. It just sounds horrific to me. Some things just aren't worth it.

TA: waiting for someone to send me documents I need to work on. And waiting........and waiting........and waiting....... and then it'll be a mad rush at 3pm to get everything done coz they've faffed about for the whole day. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement