Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

TA: when you need to do something on Revenue and it won't allow you, and then none of the sections of Revenue that you can find phone numbers for appear to suit the query in the slightest. Could do it online but it's too urgent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Town is literally a minefield of people just willy-nilly crossing the busy main road at random sections without even looking for oncoming traffic the majority of the time. You would genuinely need the reaction speed of a panther and the spatial awareness of an owl just to navigate through unscathed. Just earlier, in a distance that covered no more than 150 metres, FIVE such idiots walked right out in front of me, including one who took an eternity to eventual clear the way oblivious to the fact I was half blocking a junction to let her cross. The pedestrian crossings are only there for aesthetic reasons sure....

And just as I had calmed down from my morning safari through the wilderness of risk-taking pedestrians, didn't a fella driving in the opposite direction to me well above the speed limit in a new SUV appear to be swerving towards the middle. Caught a glance at the perpetrator- and he was fecking counting money whilst driving. Ridiculous carry on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Went to the local londis to get myself a wrap for lunch. They had no coleslaw. None. Not a bit. they had nothing that could be used as a substitute. Completely TA'd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The Celtic Tiger sure is back. Trying to get an appointment and when I don't take it immediately get told oh all the appointments I offered you 24 hours ago are now gone. Go f** off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Was down in tesco. Had a rake of shopping in the trolley (ya know - on account of the whole snowmageddon thing).

There was a woman behind me with just a couple of items. 'Work away' I said - allowing her to jump ahead of me in the queue.

But Jesus, the next woman in the queue behind her, with about 15 items, then staring at me with her tongue hanging out hoping that I would let her ahead of me too. Tutting and sucking when I ignored her.

Gway ta feck.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Junadl

Town is literally a minefield of people just willy-nilly crossing the busy main road at random sections without even looking for oncoming traffic the majority of the time. You would genuinely need the reaction speed of a panther and the spatial awareness of an owl just to navigate through unscathed. Just earlier, in a distance that covered no more than 150 metres, FIVE such idiots walked right out in front of me, including one who took an eternity to eventual clear the way oblivious to the fact I was half blocking a junction to let her cross. The pedestrian crossings are only there for aesthetic reasons sure....

And just as I had calmed down from my morning safari through the wilderness of risk-taking pedestrians, didn't a fella driving in the opposite direction to me well above the speed limit in a new SUV appear to be swerving towards the middle. Caught a glance at the perpetrator- and he was fecking counting money whilst driving. Ridiculous carry on.

This made me laugh so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

jaxxx wrote: »
    What's my trivial annoyance?

Homo sapiens
    Designed to live communally yet they make each other go mad :confused:
    It's a cosmic wind-up, must be.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Colleague in work when replying to my emails sometimes starts a new email instead of hitting reply. More likely to do so if reply is following up a day or so later. Like he could not be bothered to find the original email. I have said it to him but attitude is "I have not got time to find and reply". Usually no subject line either and very little context. I never reply to these emails.
    Sometimes if I have 2 emails from him to reply to, I reply with a new email, no subject, and one word like Yes or No. Hilarity ensues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I remember in 1st year when I was walking upstairs in the main school premises, and a tall 3rd year student was talking to me. I asked his name and he ended up lying about it.

I had another case in 3rd year on September 30th, 2016, with a 6th year student during the annual school walk.

People who lie about their names get on my TAts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I remember in 1st year when I was walking upstairs in the main school premises, and a tall 3rd year student was talking to me. I asked his name and he ended up lying about it.

I had another case in 3rd year on September 30th, 2016, with a 6th year student during the annual school walk.

You have to be a piss taker at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Was down in tesco. Had a rake of shopping in the trolley (ya know - on account of the whole snowmageddon thing).

There was a woman behind me with just a couple of items. 'Work away' I said - allowing her to jump ahead of me in the queue.

But Jesus, the next woman in the queue behind her, with about 15 items, then staring at me with her tongue hanging out hoping that I would let her ahead of me too. Tutting and sucking when I ignored her.

Gway ta feck.

It's hard to know sometimes when enough is enough, I think I've once let three people go ahead of me. You feel like a bouncer at times deciding who should and shouldn't get the nod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The whole thread is a piss take mate. Life is a piss take.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    The whole thread is a piss take mate. Life is a piss take.

No the thread is used and enjoyed by regulars to vent over stupidly annoying things, not for some 17 year old edge lord to "joke" about how his hand smells like arse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

No the thread is used and enjoyed by regulars to vent over stupidly annoying things, not for some 17 year old edge lord to "joke" about how his hand smells like arse!

I do not see what that last part has to do with anything.... moving on.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    I didn't say people in their 30s were ancient, sure I'm 29.

I'm saying if you're in your 30s, using online dating, they should make an effort to get off it, don't know what half of them do be waiting to find on it. I message people on it younger and a bit older than myself. Think if you're an interesting 31 or 32 year old, you'd think they'd be glad to have a 29 year old that'll read their profile and want to get to know them a bit, instead you get snubbed or blocked even!

I'd imagine regardless of the person's age that all those on dating sites are making an effort to get off it. Chatting to others and asking them out is making an effort. Hell even deciding "not for me" is making an effort. Also I don't think there is anything fantastic or special about having a 29 yr old show interest just because they are 29 and the other person is older.

Ta'd that I'm an auld wan! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This thread used to be marvelous.

Now it's just:

"I wore my red jumper today instead of my blue one"

and...

"nobody likes me".

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Dying of chest pain and a peak flow of 340, bad infection happening and even more annoyed I can't get time off to recover :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

WUM..maybe Liams twin?

To thine own self be true

WUM..maybe Liams twin?

Who's Liam?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

"Alf Stewart" doing the punditry for the rugby on tv3, just short of expecting a "flaming galaaaw" out of him, George Hook was irritating enough, but this guy No Thanks..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mahon point and there fecking trailers :mad: always take forever!

selous wrote: »
    "Alf Stewart" doing the punditry for the rugby on tv3,..

Well Stone the flaming crows! Alf Stewart is doing punditry :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

WUM..maybe Liams twin?

Who's Liam?
    liam650

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Travellers have parked up in the local Aldi carpark so everytime I go in there I have to navigate by their sprawling mess. Additionally, their children are basically treating Aldi like their playground so I have to deal with their mess inside too.
    The gardai have been in there twice (that I've seen) this week. I would hate to be a member of staff there.

TA that my medication makes me so incredibly sleepy. I could be standing up and start to fall asleep, that's how sleepy it makes me. On New Year's Eve, I fell asleep mid sentence at 20 past midnight, actually mid sentence, sitting up, leaning my elbows on my knees.
    So I have resigned myself to using artificial measures to stay awake BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO STAY UP LATE ON A FRIDAY NIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND!!!
    I had one of those little energy shot caffeine boost things about 30 minutes ago and do not feel energised or wide awake. Very TA.

***Edited to add that the motherfucking energy shot DOES NOT WORK, I'M DROWSY!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Iseedeadpixels, do not post in this thread again.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Yeah...TA done with this thread now tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

erica74 wrote: »
    TA that my medication makes me so incredibly sleepy. I could be standing up and start to fall asleep, that's how sleepy it makes me. On New Year's Eve, I fell asleep mid sentence at 20 past midnight, actually mid sentence, sitting up, leaning my elbows on my knees.
    So I have resigned myself to using artificial measures to stay awake BECAUSE I JUST WANT TO STAY UP LATE ON A FRIDAY NIGHT WITH MY HUSBAND!!!
    I had one of those little energy shot caffeine boost things about 30 minutes ago and do not feel energised or wide awake. Very TA.

***Edited to add that the motherfucking energy shot DOES NOT WORK, I'M DROWSY!!!!
    I feel your pain Erica. Nerve pain meds have me that drowsy that i feel asleep my head actually bobbed forward when i was getting my hair cut yesterday! Could have ended up with a much shorter "do" than i wanted!
    I was with doc today and he told me to take less in the morn and more at night to avoid being drowsy during the day.

Happy Birthday!! Erm, Daddy :D

TA'd that the takeaway is taking so long to arrive.

heldel00 wrote: »
    I feel your pain Erica. Nerve pain meds have me that drowsy that i feel asleep my head actually bobbed forward when i was getting my hair cut yesterday! Could have ended up with a much shorter "do" than i wanted!
    I was with doc today and he told me to take less in the morn and more at night to avoid being drowsy during the day.

I'm on nerve pain meds too so probably quite similar to yourself. I'm drowsy at night rather than during the day. Like, come 10/10:30 I'm guaranteed to have fallen asleep in the middle of something - on my laptop, folding clothes, having a shower. I had a coffee around 20 minutes ago and have perked up a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Iseedeadpixels, do not post in this thread again.

#harsh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭LostYourNerve?

Quazzie wrote: »
    At least this one is clear about what it is
    Definitely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

People who park at fuel pumps at stations who aren't even getting fuel when there's more than enough normal parking available, blocking those who actually want to get fuel!!!!!

This is something I feel very strongly about... clearly... moving on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Listening all week about how sick he is of his job and how when he gets this new(as yet uninterviewed for) all will be well. Obsessive talk about how it will be. Given he's he a negative person prone to tuning out what doesn't suit, only a short period of time until he complaining about this one.

Cant download that new windows patch(that plugs the hole that they left for data theft) as I have storage issues and no warranty on work comp and the only person who can help me is at his dying sister's bedside.

** Not that I begrudge him time with his sis, but my job all about security/privacy.
    TATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

My bra feels way too tight today, I don't even have it on that long and I'm thinking of when I can take it off already. Bloody thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My bra feels way too tight today, I don't even have it on that long and I'm thinking of when I can take it off already. Bloody thing.

Br9Yk90IUAAsIR-.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being forced to do something that's really hard for me the week after next, doing all I can to be prepared and head off the "jokers" who will inevitably try to trip me up and discredit the message. Just want it over with, why isn't it next Saturday week already?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

When someone asks you to go somewhere and then when the day arrives you hear nothing from them. If you didn't wanna do something don't ask in the first place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

F**k off youtube with your wix ads, once before the video started and then another two minutes in :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Santa brought the boys hopper toys at Xmas. They’re shaped like rugby balls but when you throw them and they bounce they can go in any direction. They’re great fun. The boys love them.

I am just home from work and was in my room putting on my pjs. They both came up the stairs with one of the hoppers and wanted to play. I loudly told them no we can’t play upstairs as I was taking the ball (to play, hows that for a mixed message) and I lamped the ball across the room. It sent pretty much every bottle I own flying as it went and cut through everything on my vanity desk. Lord save me. Makeup, lotions, perfumes, tan the whole lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Went to book Anne Frank museum for April and it's all booked out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

anna080 wrote: »
    Went to book Anne Frank museum for April and it's all booked out :(

You could just sneak in and hide....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

everlast75 wrote: »
    You could just sneak in and hide....

rumour have it, up-upstairs is the best place to hide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    rumour have it, up-upstairs is the best place to hide.

Poor taste. Anne frankly I will be reporting you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,165 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

anna080 wrote: »
    Poor taste. Anne frankly I will be reporting you.

Wow - I did Nazi that coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Not that trivial but the 2 kids are sick, and I'm alone with them this week-end.

One was even taken to the ER this week, his bloods and chest checked out ok, but he's still sick with what they thought was some unusual virus. I have him sleeping in the bed beside me now after dosing him with Calpol as he came down to me crying that he couldn't sleep with a sharp headache.

I'm all sorts of worried and don't want to sleep as I want to keep an eye on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The babysitter used my netflix account last night.
    I am now getting all sorts of teeny bopper crap in my 'recommended for you' feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

People that cannot spell licence correctly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

That I had the first opportunity in months to have an uninterrupted night's sleep and I'm awake all night with the pain in this FCUKING SHOULDER.
    I keep imagining if i took a good run at the wall and either broke it or dislocated it would i be more able to deal with that rather than this nerve pain. Or that the GP would give me something specific for the pain and not be playing a fcuking guessing game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

biko wrote: »
    People that cannot spell licence correctly.

or tyre and litre

Seven Worlds will Collide

I pick and pull apart my nails and cuticles all the time, it's a sort of OCD tick I've suffered from for my whole life. Ironically, I get huge relief from painting my nails but then I obsessively pick all the nail polish off.
    Anyway, at the moment, I have pretty much an open wound on my right thumb from picking and pulling away at my nail and cuticle. I just cracked open 2 hen's eggs to make my husband breakfast and some of the egg got on my right thumb into the cuts. I'm allergic to hen's eggs. The top of my thumb is all swollen, all around my nail is swollen and IT'S SO FUCKING ITCHY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Whatever vicious virus has knocked me for 6... I posted in the TH thread yesterday because I was feeling a million times better, but no, this morning theres a whole new set of symptoms to deal with.
    Also the fact that I'm getting no sympathy is a TA! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement