Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Spent ages looking for, downloading, printing, categorising, writing up and editing certain health-related materials, I send it to O/H to check for sense and flow. He tells me every single point is written up in a slightly different manner on the NHS www!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ta, the cost of the ink used to download this info!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A new cleaner has the floors like an icerink here. Way too slippy on both the wood and the tiles. Is there anyway to get some grip in them before I end up head over tit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

erica74 wrote: »
    I pick and pull apart my nails and cuticles all the time, it's a sort of OCD tick I've suffered from for my whole life. Ironically, I get huge relief from painting my nails but then I obsessively pick all the nail polish off.
    Anyway, at the moment, I have pretty much an open wound on my right thumb from picking and pulling away at my nail and cuticle. I just cracked open 2 hen's eggs to make my husband breakfast and some of the egg got on my right thumb into the cuts. I'm allergic to hen's eggs. The top of my thumb is all swollen, all around my nail is swollen and IT'S SO FUCKING ITCHY!!!

I pull the little skins too, and since I have psoriasis my skin just keeps breaking into little weals anyway at this time of year on the hands, fingers ...

So I paint every little sore with Germolene, or if I don't have it handy I try to have a can of spray plaster (Savlon I think) and do the same. Germolene is better though. It hurts so bad but then after it feels so goood. Especially before bed, otherwise the smallest sore can keep you awake.

This (liquid form) https://goo.gl/images/hDTeJu

edit : I ain't posting a TA cos' I've been moaning too much.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not looking forward to the week ahead......weather wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Just watching the tail end of the Utd v Chelsea game, Lukakau & Cortois having a good old conversation.... but both were covering their mouths! Nearly a minute of a chat...and stopping people from lip reading.
    Why?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just watching the tail end of the Utd v Chelsea game, Lukakau & Cortois having a good old conversation.... but both were covering their mouths! Nearly a minute of a chat...and stopping people from lip reading.
    Why?!

Because they are undercover Belgian super secret agents, the fourth estate, disguised as distinguished footballers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The new snapchat update showing me some gimp who can’t pronounce the t at the end of words. Flih, nih and cah before i realised what was happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

When you get a club sandwich and they throw a handful of crisps on the side...

...at least let me choose the crisp flavour you bastards. Dont be lashing a handful of stale ready salted muck on my plate.

I'm not a peasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,932 ✭✭✭gifted

When some people force their help on me even though I don't need it......it's 2018 lady...a man can cook and look after a house ......offer but don't take it for granted that I need it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was cutting my toenails and the scissors slipped and stabbed the finger holding the toe. Fcuking ouch :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Supposed to be going on a long awaited city break this week, flying from Dublin.
    Have been keeping my eye on the weather reports all week and it looks like I’ll be going nowhere.
    Even if we do manage to travel, the weather forecast for Italy is -2 and snowing.
    So not what I expected or planned for.
    Up till last week it was supposed to be 15 degrees and dry, which would have been ideal.

Actually devastated, this has been the only thing keeping me going the last few months :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Some kind of repetitive strain on my right shoulder and neck from work. Going to lash a rake of gel or deep heat or something onto it. You'd never think how much you use your arm and hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

This is completely my own fault but I wore a bra that's too small for me and it keeps travelling upwards. It's very uncomfortable and I won't be home for hours to get rid of it.

This is completely my own fault but I wore a bra that's too small for me and it keeps travelling upwards. It's very uncomfortable and I won't be home for hours to get rid of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

People going on and on about the weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Me falling and grazing my knee yesterday on the way to the match (Sober!!!)

giphy.gif

Still stings!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When you're in (insert name of any sit down fast food outlet here) and someone gets up from the table to dump their rubbish and in the process dump the sachets of UNOPENED ketchup/mayo etc.
    Put them back in the dispenser you wasters!!

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Dentist tomorrow

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So, that's a case of What gets on your "Tooths"!

TA: Double posting and not realising until hours later. Sorry!! ^^^

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Supposed to be going on a long awaited city break this week, flying from Dublin.
    Have been keeping my eye on the weather reports all week and it looks like I’ll be going nowhere.
    Even if we do manage to travel, the weather forecast for Italy is -2 and snowing.
    So not what I expected or planned for.
    Up till last week it was supposed to be 15 degrees and dry, which would have been ideal.

Actually devastated, this has been the only thing keeping me going the last few months :(

Fingers crossed. I think everyone here knows what it feels like to really, really need a holiday. Italy will still be beautiful if it’s cold. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Try_harder wrote: »
    Dentist tomorrow

Me too... I have to get 2 fillings. I've never had fillings before! I'm scared! (says the one on the wrong side of his 20's!)

This gets on my tats alright... Self entitled little douche bag millenial types who wouldn't know a proper day's work if it crept up their 'rear doors'!

Kids these days... Go back a couple of decades to those growing up in the mid 20th century, life was tough! Electricity, television, even a radio was luxury. Far too many young people who take the simple things for granted. They get on my tats! :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I was supposed to go today to get my b12 injection, my smear and have bloods taken but I only just copped that my appointment isn't until 11:45, I can't fast for that long! I take one set of medication at 6am every morning and I have to eat within about an hour or I'll be throwing up like I'm being exorcised.
    TA that I'm going to have to book another appointment for early some morning and therefore need to take more time off work, which is difficult enough at the moment. Why wasn't I paying attention when I booked the appointment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

All the weather warnings. According to the Independent, it might get as low as -10. Sure yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at waking up for a second and not remembering its Monday and then it dawns on you it is Monday

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

jaxxx wrote: »
    douche bag

Excuse me sir? Out with ye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When people say "I hope this e mail finds you well".
    Shut the fcuk up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

People that pronounce the name Aaron as "Air-on" as opposed to "Ah-ron"...they're not a Pokemon ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Coming back from my breakfast break with one of the girls, wearing her spare "repeal" jumper as I left my heavy jacket somewhere on my travels last night. The pro-life stall outside my work(!)has an older man on it, he grabs my arm and tries to force his literature into my hand alongside all of the expected name calling. I handed back to him saying that as a tree died for it, it should go to someone more interested, while I pulled my arms away from him.

TA, boss making pointed comments about how " we" should be more respectful to older campaigners. How does that work? he name calls me based on a jumper in this weather, grabs my arm when I've been nothing but polite. BUT somehow I'm the one who is disrespectful!?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People that pronounce the name Aaron as "Air-on" as opposed to "Ah-ron"...they're not a Pokemon ffs

What about A-A-Ron?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Bredabe wrote: »
    Coming back from my breakfast break with one of the girls, wearing her spare "repeal" jumper as I left my heavy jacket somewhere on my travels last night. The pro-life stall outside my work(!)has an older man on it, he grabs my arm and tries to force his literature into my hand alongside all of the expected name calling. I handed back to him saying that as a tree died for it, it should go to someone more interested, while I pulled my arms away from him.

TA, boss making pointed comments about how " we" should be more respectful to older campaigners. How does that work? he name calls me based on a jumper in this weather, grabs my arm when I've been nothing but polite. BUT somehow I'm the one who is disrespectful!?
    :mad::mad:
    I'd be reporting him for assault TBH!
    I hate strangers touching me.

I was at an electric six gig the other night and someone behind me must have been off their tits on E ... they grabbed my shoulders and gave them a couple of squeezes! :mad::mad: I was enjoying the music too much so I let it go...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Two TA's this afternoon:

1. Apparently there was some "hilarious" flirting going on on Room to Improve last night. Gas craic altogether and in no way mortifying to married father Dermot Bannon. Except if the shoe was on the other foot, and the "celeb" in question was a female being "hit on" by a fella, it would be seen as creepy and misogynistic.

2. "The Beast from the East". It's an unseasonable chilly spell that hopefully won't be as bad as they are warning. Not a WW2-era Soviet assassin. Why does everything need a catchy moniker these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When I see a magpie I have to wave and if people see me waving they think I'm a lunatic.

Ta'd at being barely able to keep my eyes open,I'll need a pair of these soon

DDA98rzUMAAy71E.jpg

northgirl wrote: »
    When I see a magpie I have to wave and if people see me waving they think I'm a lunatic.

Ahhh so you were the woman I saw waving at the magpies last week then :3 :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

No Seph, that was your reflection in a shop window. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭FCIM

Video phoning in public. What is it with this seemingly latest craze? I love my family, I love my friends but I don't need to see their faces when calling them whilst on the bus/train etc. It's also somehow more disturbing for everyone else to hear an electronically distorted voice speaking back to someone. I think you can tune out of a conversation a little better too when you can only hear one side of it but when you can hear both sides it is much more difficult and far more annoying. I understand the benefits of Skype, Whatsapp calls etc. for grandchildren and grandparents who live far from each other but in the comfort of their own homes gives a sense of intimacy and not just doing it to be seen doing it which I'm sure is behind a lot of it in public.
    Between the woman to the left of me on her video calls and the man to the right who is snoring like a dog having its testicles shaven by a manky old razor I seriously regret not having remembered to put my earphones in my pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,568 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

FCIM wrote: »
    Video phoning in public. What is it with this seemingly latest craze? I love my family, I love my friends but I don't need to see their faces when calling them whilst on the bus/train etc. It's also somehow more disturbing for everyone else to hear an electronically distorted voice speaking back to someone. I think you can tune out of a conversation a little better too when you can only hear one side of it but when you can hear both sides it is much more difficult and far more annoying. I understand the benefits of Skype, Whatsapp calls etc. for grandchildren and grandparents who live far from each other but in the comfort of their own homes gives a sense of intimacy and not just doing it to be seen doing it which I'm sure is behind a lot of it in public.
    Between the woman to the left of me on her video calls and the man to the right who is snoring like a dog having its testicles shaven by a manky old razor I seriously regret not having remembered to put my earphones in my pocket.

well that is an image that will disturb me for a while.

The general lack of awareness and respect in the offices I work in. People are just in and out all day long having conversations, personal or not at the top of their voices as if there is no one else occupying the space. F*** does my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,543 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Probably more than trivial but anyway.....

My dog just died in front of me about an hour ago. Has been unwell for a while and I can only assume that his heart finally gave up. Now he was a TAing little bollix on occasion throughout his fourteen years, but he was OUR TAing little bollix. Most of all he was a loving companion that was always there for me and I will miss him :(

I suppose the TA aspect of it is having to break the news to the brother in the States, he was effectively his dog.

My dog just died in front of me about an hour ago. Has been unwell for a while and I can only assume that his heart finally gave up. Now he was a TAing little bollix on occasion throughout his fourteen years, but he was OUR TAing little bollix. Most of all he was a loving companion that was always there for me and I will miss him :(

I suppose the TA aspect of it is having to break the news to the brother in the States, he was effectively his dog.

So sorry, you must be heartbroken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...2. "The Beast from the East". It's an unseasonable chilly spell that hopefully won't be as bad as they are warning. Not a WW2-era Soviet assassin. Why does everything need a catchy moniker these days?

It's worse than that - some tool, probably above in The RTE, has since re-named it Storm Emma. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, at least you were there when he passed. They really are another family member. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

When idiots steal my agar :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Me: *sends email to people detailing various arrangements for an event on Friday, including dress code*

Colleague's reply: Hi Dial Hard, is the awards black tie?

:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

People that spell college incorrectly.

"I'm doing childcare in collage"

You should learn to spell first before people leave their children with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭smilerf

Sick of see thought being spelled as taught on social media some people need to go back to school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My washing machine is on its last legs and on the last few minutes of the spin cycle it sounds as though it's about to take off and launch into outer space. My dog never learns and gets a fright and starts barking at it. Equally I never learn and get a fright and start shouting at the dog.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    People that spell college incorrectly.

"I'm doing childcare in collage"

You should learn to spell first before people leave their children with you!
    smilerf wrote: »
    Sick of see thought being spelled as taught on social media some people need to go back to school

I have to say I agree. I don't understand why people get annoyed at so-called "grammar Nazis" (I don't understand why people who spell correctly should be called that in the first place, to be honest). I do understand there may be people with dyslexia or similar problems, but that's not what I'm talking about, here. You don't spell something correctly, someone corrects your mistake, you learn and you don't make that mistake again, that's it. If instead of spelling mistakes we were dealing with numbers and somebody spotted a mistake and corrected it, nobody in their right mind would think of calling that person a "maths Nazi"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

MS Windows. The last 'update' left me unable to login in anything other than an administrator account, in safe mode.

I rolled it back to a pre 'update' restore point. A few days later it's downloaded 'updates' and wants to apply them again! Aaaaaaagh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

looking into getting a microphone for my presentations but not knowing which type is best to get

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement