Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

74fdf652540d90c8d575f4011aca01ef.jpg
    :pac:

If that's milk, I wonder what the purpose for it is for as shown in the image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

No cold snap here :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

If that's milk, I wonder what the purpose for it is for as shown in the image.

Cleopatra bathed in milk. It's luxurious for the skin apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

It's been a beautiful sunny dry day all day long, and I contemplated hanging out the clothes this am at ten o' clock but I didn't thinking it would rain. Am so sorry now that I didn't. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Advert tis-ments!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

74fdf652540d90c8d575f4011aca01ef.jpg
    :pac:

Man milk?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

TA'd that ye got all smutty in my absence! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

TAd when a queue moves forward but the person in front of me doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA'd that ye got all smutty in my absence! :p

There'll always be room for you at our B&M party Lady.
    The safe word is "Brennans"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Fresh baked rolls from tesco sitting in my belly now just put out at 5pm so nice now tomorrow I'll be dooooooooooooooooooooooooomed as it's like anything really I've tasted it now I want more. Gods damn who ever invented snow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

503 error

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Not trivial at all but what's going on in Syria. The suffering of the people there, particularly the children is heartbreaking. No child should have to go through what's happening there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Why do fewer and fewer people these days possess manual driven brains? Cos it seems to me that a heck of a lot of people nowadays are on frickin' autopilot! Grrr :mad:

Frickin' zombies...

jaxxx wrote: »
    Why do fewer and fewer people these days possess manual driven brains? Cos it seems to me that a heck of a lot of people nowadays are on frickin' autopilot! Grrr :mad:

Frickin' alien cyborgs...

FYP they're all robots with no command sequence

So them mutha truckers with all the bread ain't so dumb now are they, if it were me i'd be driving door to door gimme your tv for this tasty bread. You can have 4 slices for your car.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

anna080 wrote: »
    There'll always be room for you at our B&M party Lady.
    The safe word is "Brennans"

It's upgraded to a B&M&B party.

I got bagels.

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Slid down a hill and crashed straight into a wall this morning trying to get to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

northgirl wrote: »
    Slid down a hill and crashed straight into a wall this morning trying to get to work.

Geez , are you ok ?

Please get yourself checked over , even if you feel ok .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Geez , are you ok ?

Please get yourself checked over , even if you feel ok .

I think I am thanks. Just the shock and the hassle. I'm already feeling so low. Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think I am thanks. Just the shock and the hassle. I'm already feeling so low. Thank you :)

Jesus :eek: glad to hear you're ok, get yourself checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Go get checked out , seriously . Often we think we're ok after a crash , but it's better to be safe and know for sure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

No wonder you got a shock northgirl, that must have given you an awful fright. I'm glad you're ok but like the others said it's better to get checked out to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I got the dart and the luas because i thought it was too dangerous. After reading northgirls post i think i made the right decision. Hope you feel better soon. My TAi is that both the dart and the luas were packed. Which is fine except they both would have been a lot less packed if people had taken off their backpacks and placed them at their feet. I seen one guy trying to get on the luas and the door couldn't close because his backpack was in the way. Instead of taking off his backpack he just heaved himself forward.

The guy next to me cracking his knuckles *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Someone on Facebook Marketplace advertising a single loaf of bread for €150. I don't think they've though this through all the way. Say someone buys it, how is the seller going to get it to the buyer? Email won't work, maybe if they dig out the old fax machine ..? :o

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This morning due to a shortage of sockets I plugged out the coffee pot to use the toaster and forgot to....grr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Not snowing here.
    Took the day off work and I want proper snow, not a light covering that's melting already.

Loads of bread in my local Tesco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I'm getting proper snow for the first time in ages, but the footpaths and roads have become dangerously slippery. I slipped on the way home from my local Lidl a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭trellheim

TA'd you cant watch RTE Live updates with an adblocker on ( and too lazy to do the anti-anti-adblock thing )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

mikemac2 wrote: »
    selous wrote: »
    53* North shop, earlier today :eek:

Look at them with their fancy sliding boards

In my day we slid down a hill on a fertilizer bag from the farmyard :)

Bonnet of an old car was brilliant. Serious chance of substantial head injury if you fell off but sure that wasn't even considered important at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thought I had more beans. We just finished our last tin, how will we survive for the next few days!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My flight to Rome was cancelled as we were going through Limerick on the train on the way to the airport.
    Absolutely gutted. Trying to get back home now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The weather is doing my head in. I don't mind that it 's snowing but one minute it is sunny and the sky clears, the next the sky is grey and snowing again. Do one thing or the other FFS . My 3 girls are at home today, I am wondering how long it will be before there is all out war :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

The Saorview platform has been commandeered by Joe Duffy.
    His radio show is being broadcast on RTE 1, RTE NEWS NOW and RADIO 1. We now have to endure the sight of him on 2 tv channels as well as listen to him. Utterly pointless and OTT as its only on account of the current weather situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

bnt wrote: »

Why can't some kids have fun innocently?
    Even a 3 year old would know that could cause a serious accident.

Jesus :eek: glad to hear you're ok, get yourself checked out.
    Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Go get checked out , seriously . Often we think we're ok after a crash , but it's better to be safe and know for sure .
    No wonder you got a shock northgirl, that must have given you an awful fright. I'm glad you're ok but like the others said it's better to get checked out to be on the safe side.
    I got the dart and the luas because i thought it was too dangerous. After reading northgirls post i think i made the right decision. Hope you feel better soon. My TAi is that both the dart and the luas were packed. Which is fine except they both would have been a lot less packed if people had taken off their backpacks and placed them at their feet. I seen one guy trying to get on the luas and the door couldn't close because his backpack was in the way. Instead of taking off his backpack he just heaved himself forward.

Cheers for the good wishes. Between everything with the car I've just made it to crawl into bed. The car is probably going to be a write off as it's quite old. Feel like some dope having even attempted to go to work today. I've a rental car now and driving back into Cobh was like a bombsite. Cars abandoned everytwhere, crashed into poles, walls etc. I know I was lucky to not have injured myself. Won't be in a hurry back to work that's for sure.

@Ohnonotgmail - you definitely had the right idea :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

F*ckin ba$tard crows! Let the smaller birds get some food, you greedy little sh1ts!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Since when does a bit of snow mean drivers can ignore traffic lights? Clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

A historical TA of mine that I've been annoyed about afresh after seeing an AH thread related to it.

Frank Kelly died in 2016 on the same date as Dermot Morgan had died 18 years earlier and I heard a few people say at the time: "Isn't that ironic?". Er, no? confused.png It's coincidental. When did people start mixing up those words? I hear people use 'ironic' in place of 'coincidental' a lot actually! :mad:

• Advertisement

I've a rental car now and driving back into Cobh was like a bombsite. Cars abandoned everytwhere, crashed into poles, walls etc.

Jaysus :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

When people forget the truth when telling me something...

Hope you're OK northgirl. You must have got a bad fright.

My shoulder, neck and back are in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

bnt wrote: »

Alright that does it, where's that red button.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

heldel00 wrote: »
    mikemac2 wrote: »
    selous wrote: »
    53* North shop, earlier today :eek:

Look at them with their fancy sliding boards

In my day we slid down a hill on a fertilizer bag from the farmyard :)

Bonnet of an old car was brilliant. Serious chance of substantial head injury if you fell off but sure that wasn't even considered important at the time!
    Any more ideas? I want to take my little guy out in the morning.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Since when does a bit of snow mean drivers can ignore traffic lights? Clowns.
    When they possibly can't stop at said traffic lights!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I couldn't get out of my driveway today to go to work. Hoping the snow holds off and the freshly dug path stays clear so I can at least get past my gate tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I managed to get to work only to realise the issue was most likely in getting home! Would have preferred to work from home but technical issues meant I couldn't. TA'd at the lack of bread. Yep, must be the only clown that didn't pick some up. Got some nice fresh brown bread though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When will I ever learn that eating jelly babies before my dinner makes me feel sick? I picked up a pack in the shop while getting bits for my dinner, managed to scoff them all in the car on the drive home and now I feel queasy :o

• Advertisement

Any more ideas? I want to take my little guy out in the morning.

Big plastic sacks like fertilser bags. They're great on hills for sliding down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement