Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My skin is so dry it's cracking on my hands and almost bleeding. I hate the feeling of moisturiser on them but I'm forced to today.

TA'd that I can't do the basics to look after myself. Always looking at other girls in envy with perfectly manicured hands while I look like someone diggin the ground with my bare hands most days :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

northgirl wrote: »
    My skin is so dry it's cracking on my hands and almost bleeding. I hate the feeling of moisturiser on them but I'm forced to today.

TA'd that I can't do the basics to look after myself. Always looking at other girls in envy with perfectly manicured hands while I look like someone diggin the ground with my bare hands most days :o

The La Roche Posay range is great, and not too pricey. I use the facial moisturiser, before that I looked like I was scrubbed with a brillo pad. I think the hand cream is about 16 euro, but a little goes a long way. Your poor hands in this cold weather, very painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

How can you know exactly how long bread is going to last you??! :confused:

madmaggie wrote: »
    The La Roche Posay range is great, and not too pricey. I use the facial moisturiser, before that I looked like I was scrubbed with a brillo pad. I think the hand cream is about 16 euro, but a little goes a long way. Your poor hands in this cold weather, very painful.

I think I have some Roche Posay for the face which I could use. Using some l'occitane and diprobase tonight. when I venture out again, eventually I think I'll get some hydrocortisone as there are a few bad spots. Total neglect on my part :o

I mentioned in an earlier post I crashed at 7am straight into a wall about 20 mintues walk from where I live. The insurers asked medid I know who owned the wall as they may pursue costs for any damage done so yesterday I took myself off down there walking in a bilzzard/thunderstorm (eejit) really but wanted to let them know if was someone's home. I haven't lived here long so hadn't a clue and ovbiously was in a bit of shock at the time. Any road it turns out it's the exterior wall of a petrol station which I checked for damage and there's none. TG.

Cheers for the recommedaiton.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

On the way home from Dublin this afternoon some moron decided to overtake a line of cars going the other way outside Carrickmacross and nearly forced me off the road.

The N2? If so drivers on that road are my TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Woke up hungry even though I literally spent all day yesterday eating. Does looking out the window at the snow and occasionally going to the door to take photos of the snow really burn up that many calories?

Also, can't stop farting. There, I said it. I tried to discreetly open the window but my husband was giving out about letting the cold in. I don't think he realises his other option is to suffocate from the gases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

My bins blew over during the night. The recycling is full (and would normally be collected today). I think I have frostbite from gathering up the bits. Feck this weather!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Im going out for an hour later

guess what time my parcel delivery is now scheduled for according to the email, they've got all day to deliver it btw

Yeah, good guess, 10 points Griffindoor

FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Along Came Betty Hands that do Wishes is the best hand cream I've ever used. I get cracked and bleeding hands every now and then because I seem to be allergic to an ingredient in certain soaps and it clears it right up. It doesn't have that oily texture a lot of hand creams have and it smells lovely.

TA that I keep having allergic reactions to soaps and certain makeup products but I keep neglecting to go find out what, specifically, I'm allergic to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The rest of the family are downstairs watching Kong: Skull Island and I'm working like a chump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The rest of the family are downstairs watching Kong: Skull Island and I'm working like a chimp.

Oh it was almost perfect :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

TA#1: Told to go home from work yesterday at 1pm and wouldn't be back till Monday. Left work, went home, did what I needed to do, lit the fire, let my wine breathe, just poured my first glass and got a work text to say red warning was lifted, all production resumes at 8am. Well F*** it anyways.

TA#2: Windscreen was filthy driving into work, washers frozen. GAH.

TA#3: I'm the only person in my section of an L shaped office and blocked from the sensor for the lights, so every now and then the fookin light turns off and I have to get up from my desk to get it to turn on again. (may just leave it off next time and have a nap!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Oh also TA'd that the boards app isn't working on my phone since yesterday! Deleted it and reinstalled it and it won't load anything not to mind let me log in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

I had planned on finishing off a scarf I had been making during the snow days but I ran out of wool (I thought I had a spare ball but didn't).

I actually have a 'hape' of paperwork that I need to get done and now is he ideal time to get it finished but I have NO interest nor motivation..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

My friend is in the queue so I can jump said queue!!
    Why?

Why do people think this is OK? When it happens you think, maybe they are shopping together and will go to the till together. Nope. Two separate transactions. You just blatantly skipped the queue!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A neighbour tried to get their car out. They got stuck and it's now blocking 3 other cars from being able to move.
    He just walked away from the car after wheel spinning for 20 minutes and has left the car there.

I guess I'll have to go and shovel him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I only have eggs left for lunch because I didn’t do a big shop before getting snowed in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Husband thinks son needs to "man up" because he only enjoys being out in snow for a few minutes and then cries to get back into the house....

Son is 2 and a half!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

heldel00 wrote: »
    Husband thinks son needs to "man up" because he only enjoys being out in snow for a few minutes and then cries to get back into the house....

Son is 2 and a half!!!

Sounds like your husband need's to "grow up"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I've basically been eating since Wednesday. At this rate, I'll be so fat I won't be able to lift my knees up high enough to walk through the snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

erica74 wrote: »
    I've basically been eating since Wednesday. At this rate, I'll be so fat I won't be able to lift my knees up high enough to walk through the snow!

I just ate half a jar of white chocolate proteinella to keep my strength up all this window gazing is strenuous stuff you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I only have eggs left for lunch because I didn’t do a big shop before getting snowed in
    That's a TA? I love eggs, they're tasty, versatile and oh so easy to prepare :)
    egg_guy.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I wish we could get all the healthy stuff eaten so we could concentrate on eating the bad for you stuff at the bottom of the freezer.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Why?

Why do people think this is OK? When it happens you think, maybe they are shopping together and will go to the till together. Nope. Two separate transactions. You just blatantly skipped the queue!

the classic chat and cut. there's a good Curb Your Enthusiasm episode about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Asshole neighbors.
    The last two days I cleared the snow and salted the footpath outside my house and their two houses.

Came out this morning to find that they had cleared outside their houses but not an inch past the boundary line.
    I'm so glad they've sold up and are moving.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at my snow man making skills :( , I can't even make a snow cat :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

F*ck this snow sh*te. I can see why kids like it but it's some load of crap being stuck not able to do anything other than squint at the white everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why?

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    the classic chat and cut. there's a good Curb Your Enthusiasm episode about this.
    Here you go :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm getting a bit anxious that there wont be supplies in the shops tomorrow, I'm low on bread but I'd get by without it but I will need milk soon.

Seven Worlds will Collide

I'm getting a bit anxious that there wont be supplies in the shops tomorrow, I'm low on bread but I'd get by without it but I will need milk soon.

I'm exactly the same. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

Support from people but only on their terms.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm exactly the same. Fingers crossed.

Same here!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I thought you meant the fishing boat. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got the second last part of my assessment just right, saved it and went on to print out info for the last part.
    Cant find the saved part now and have to start all over again!
    Particularly annoying when I'm against an impossible deadline with busted equipment.tatatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Ta'd for posting in the wrong thread :o

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

My gang here seem to have lost the use of their legs since it started snowing I'm like a maid delivering food to them when they're in the house and when they come back in after being outside they just drop wet clothes and boots all over the place...I don't remember signing up for these terms and conditions ...I'm officially resigning from this thankless job.😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Miss Russell

People who always have to outdo everything you say. I work with a guy like this. Lately examples include, "you think this snow is bad, you have obviously never lived in Sweden where we get 1 metre of snow." Or when we had some sun in Ireland last summer, I would say "wow its hot today", his response "you think this is hot, I lived in Dubai where it was 50 celsius in the summers." Grr just f**k off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Ta'd at my snow man making skills :( , I can't even make a snow cat :3
    Maybe you should try some little snow kittens first.

The gutter just came crashing down off the front of the house with the weight of the snow and knocked the SKY dish. What am I supposed to do now????? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

When a person asks a question on a forum and only gets a few 'use the search function' style replies and no proper answer...

... then a few months/years down the line you're looking for an answer to the same thing yourself and have to wade through dozens of 'use the search function' reply threads before finding anything of use. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I want to be able to drive again.

I want to be able to drive again.

I've had a rental car outside the door since I crashed mine on Wednesday. Only have it for 5 days, doesn't seem likely I'll be driving it anywhere only back to where I got it :pac:

Hate the temporary loss of independence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA when stupid people are stupid... which is all of the time, so that being said:

TA at being angry all the time because stupid people are stupid all of the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I've had a rental car outside the door since I crashed mine on Wednesday. Only have it for 5 days, doesn't seem likely I'll be driving it anywhere only back to where I got it :pac:

Hate the temporary loss of independence.

TA Not missing the water till it's gone.

Also:

TA annoying people who use annoying proverbs/memes/etc :D

People who simply must verbalise everything. It's as if they will explode unless they get words out of their system. It's like some form of self-absorbed cathartic release for them. Every thing does not need a comment. Every thing does not need to be talked through and verbally analysed. You do not need to take a side and polarise feelings even more. You do not need to use dramatic superlatives that result in a resolvable issue turning into a dramatic big problem that gets people worrying or angry.

There are loads of times when saying nothing is best. I wish more people would feel the silences and get a sense of things/rooms/situations rather than having set responses. In many respects these people are like the people in conversations who don't listen to or soak up the information because they are too focused on thinking about their next verbal response to focus on what people are actually saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Reading reports of the looting of the Lidl store in Jobstown I saw one media outlet use the phrase, ".......They literally decimated it with a stolen JCB.......". Really, so they destroyed a tenth part of it did they?
    Now that's a trivial annoyance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Reading reports of the looting of the Lidl store in Jobstown I saw one media outlet use the phrase, ".......They literally decimated it with a stolen JCB.......". Really, so they destroyed a tenth part of it did they?
    Now that's a trivial annoyance.

I've never understood that phrase to mean remove or destroy a tenth of. It makes sense now that I think about it....but to me it always meant destroy altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Pedants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

While we're at it...
    Sympathise and empathise being used incorrectly in the media since the bad weather hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The gutter just came crashing down off the front of the house with the weight of the snow and knocked the SKY dish. What am I supposed to do now????? :D

People have called 999 for less!

I am finding the whole snow thing a bit of a massive TA now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement