Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Still can't make it out of the estate in the car. Spent all day today out digging out the car, but it ain't going anywhere with snow drifts on the road.
    Hopefully once the main roads are done the council can start to clear some of the smaller roads, although looking at Twitter, everyone is in the same boat so we could be here for some time!

At least I got talking to the neighbours today after maybe around 2 years of just nodding and smiling at each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Schwanz wrote: »
    Considering hitting the pop again.

Nah don't. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Why is everyone using conditional tenses lately?

We would have an instore wine section.
    He would be 19.

If what!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I want to get a takeaway but husband is refusing. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The stark and full realisation that you really are on your own in this life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

northgirl wrote: »

You are not... anytime you feel like a chat, send me a pm and I'll talk all night to you.
    There's many people in the forums you visit would do the same - I hope you realise that

You are not... anytime you feel like a chat, send me a pm and I'll talk all night to you.
    There's many people in the forums you visit would do the same - I hope you realise that

Thanks :) Guess it's the cabin fever getting to me - dramatic much!?

Cheers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Nah don't. :o

Too late :D

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Put the foot down gal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I'm a day and night owl so always here for a chat x

• Advertisement

You are not. When times are bad the real people who want the best for you will surface.

I'm a firm believer in the above - Chin up, can't always be red roses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Mollyb60 wrote:
    I want to get a takeaway but husband is refusing.

Just get one for yourself and let him do his own thing?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Forget him, go off get one for yourself .

Am just a pm away if you want to chat.

Ta'd at the Sunday night blues :o

Am just a pm away if you want to chat.

Ta'd at the Sunday night blues :o

Thank you :)

Hope the blues fade... :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

After being trapped indoors for days, I decided to venture out for a walk.
    But I don't have wellies so I wore my Ugg boots.
    Mistake.

Bloody things got SOAKED after ten minutes and it felt like there were puddles inside my boots.
    Did I turn back and walk home?
    No.

I stupidly decided they were only puddles in my boots and wouldn't kill me and sure wasn't it lovely to be out and about?

But all the paths were COVERED in hard snow, slushy snow, ice, and rivers of water so it was very hard to walk.

The hat I wore to keep me warm was now causing my scalp to sweat profusely, so I took it off. Strands of hair then stuck themselves to my face, making me itchy.

My gloves were sweating my hands so I removed those too.
    Then I dropped the gloves in a big icy puddle.
    Left the fcukers there.

I was an hour into my "walk" when I decided to nip into Tesco to see if they had any Pringles for tonight.
    None.
    And no other crisps I like.
    Left empty-handed and almost heartbroken as I envisaged the walk home.

Kept looking at cars going past, hoping my other half would have wondered where the hell I was and decided to come rescue me, but it turned out later he'd fallen asleep in front of a good film and hadn't noticed I'd gone.

Got home, feeling like I'd walked from Mayo to Dublin, soaking wet and thoroughly fed up.

I am now wondering if I really have to move off this sofa for the next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I seem to have a chest cold which has knocked the wind out of my sails.
    And supermarkets. Was in a couple today and they are bedlam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ah all the lovely messages in this thread. Makes me weepy.

TA feeling like a stuffed goose. I wouldn't mind but I haven't even been eating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tuna is the worst food imaginable to have as a back up, I bought a fair few tins on special in dunnes my whole apartment stinks of it. Now I need to get up out of bed to cook some chicken or I'll have to eat more tuna, NO MORE TUNA PLEASE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Having to go to FOUR atm's before getting one that was working

(And posting this on the wrong thread first time around)

fussyonion wrote:
    After being trapped indoors for days, I decided to venture out for a walk. But I don't have wellies so I wore my Ugg boots. Mistake.

Sorry to bogart your epic rant but one of my favourite games to play in weather like this is "Spot the inappropriately dressed person" and Uggs are up there with Converse in my Winter Wall of Shame. A friend of mine did the exact same and had to throw hers out. I was like "What in God's name were you expecting? They're untreated sheepskin!"

Anyway, I hope yours are salvageable and you thaw out soon.

• Advertisement

I'm getting electric shocks off everything the last day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

TA that the wood from the fire produces a smokey smell and makes my eyes sting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Went for a walk today and my TA is inconsiderate idiots. Lots of people have shovelled their driveways (and not test of footpath). Grand I can accept that people don't want to clear a path for people to walk on. What really irked me is when a couple of people left mounds of snow either side of driveway on the footpath so high that it it forces pedestrians to walk on road or climb over the mound. How hard is it to think of others and their safety. Leave a small portion of the footpath free of the mound so people can walk around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA Snowman melting :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

jaxxx wrote: »

Same here. Now mine's just a small, built-up pile of snow. Unfortunately, these events are inevitable, but it's understandable why it's a TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Deep ridges on my ankles from wearing tight sports socks.
    I look fake pregnant.
    Running out of bottled water again.
    Need to wash but don't want to take clothes off.
    Place looks grim now with no pretty snow.
    Want to stay up for the Oscars but too tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

jaxxx wrote: »
    2gw9oxl.jpg

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Fast thaw here means that there's no water in a decent chunk of the city because of burst water mains. This is going to be a huge pain in the arse if it isn't fixed quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The fear here this morning, have not been able to work since Tuesday, getting ready to head in now and it's unreal!

• Advertisement

Looking out the window from bed and everything seems all green again, but when I get up and look out we're still snowed in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I couldn't drive my bike to work as the roads are still a bit dodgy so my husband dropped me to work before heading into work himself. Because my husband starts work earlier than me, I knew I'd be in an hour before my actual start time so I said I'd have breakfast in work (I work in a hospital). First I bought my usual coffee in Costa and then I walked over to the little cafe place that serves food.

First TA - I bought 2 rashers and 2 sausages, €4.20.
    Second TA - I'm not sure if the rashers were ever hot and they're not a bit crispy, who wants soggy fat on their rashers?? Noone.
    Third TA - €4.20 for shite food?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Monday my arch nemesis :mad:

giphy.gif

Schwanz wrote: »
    Put the foot down gal :)
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    Just get one for yourself and let him do his own thing?
    Forget him, go off get one for yourself.

Felt like a tit getting one for myself. So I passively aggressively packed the dinner I made with all the vegetables I could find cos I know that he hates veg. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

That Bernard fella on 2fm in the mornings. I'm not sure who he is but he seems to think he's a comedian. His whole shtick is purposefully misunderstanding pretty much everything that Gerry Ryan's daughter and the other fella say and making it into a joke.

I recently moved office and the lady I moved in with is a 2fm listener, which is fine, people can like whatever they want, but the quality of the presenters on the station is absolutely diabolical.

erica74 wrote: »
    I couldn't drive my bike to work as the roads are still a bit dodgy so my husband dropped me to work before heading into work himself. Because my husband starts work earlier than me, I knew I'd be in an hour before my actual start time so I said I'd have breakfast in work (I work in a hospital). First I bought my usual coffee in Costa and then I walked over to the little cafe place that serves food.

First TA - I bought 2 rashers and 2 sausages, €4.20.
    Second TA - I'm not sure if the rashers were ever hot and they're not a bit crispy, who wants soggy fat on their rashers?? Noone.
    Third TA - €4.20 for shite food?!

I have often been dependent on that cafe for food and it really is ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

dealing with banks. f*cking banks. all of them are a shower of c*nts to deal with. The simple task of lodging a cheque has turned into such bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

13 page registration form to sign my toddler up for a playgroup. He's nearly 2, not applying for a job as a research scientist...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My local for here Dunnes has instated a "no trollies" at the self-scan rule. Which means that I cant shop there any more. I have shoulder issues and cant carry a basket that has more than a handful of light items in, the belts on the tills are so high for me that its an issue as well. I never had a large trolley of items to scan through, so it's not like I was taking any more time than the new to self-scan types.

Now I have to go across town to Tesco, which is further away and had dodge security in their car park.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I have a chest infection and it feel like something from Grease.
    I got chills, the're multiplying....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I have tooth ache, or rather teeth ache, every one of them jumping. It's not neglect, the hygienist compliments me on the way I mind them, so what the Feck?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My housemate here has discovered local garages sell kerosene to top up heating oil tanks between deliveries. He is now OBSESSED with it, how cost-effective it is, how handy it is to buy and store, where the local outlet are, how hard/easy it is to get the right kind of plastic containers for it. Did I mention that he's OBSESSED?
    Also how it took him all night to figure this out, (he is looking for two extra plastic kerosene containers)
    23€ if he filled his own container with 20L of the fuel,
    27€ to buy the outlets own prefilled 20L container.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Drank rather more than was strictly necessary over the few days being snowbound. My Christ, the DTs I had last night. So not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Having the most persistent, annoying stalker creeping on all my posts and following myself and another few users all over Boards, as well as another forum.

I see you, hun ;)

Bredabe wrote: »
    My housemate here has discovered local garages sell kerosene to top up heating oil tanks between deliveries. He is now OBSESSED with it, how cost-effective it is, how handy it is to buy and store, where the local outlet are, how hard/easy it is to get the right kind of plastic containers for it. Did I mention that he's OBSESSED?
    Also how it took him all night to figure this out, (he is looking for two extra plastic kerosene containers)
    23€ if he filled his own container with 20L of the fuel,
    27€ to buy the outlets own prefilled 20L container.

Just FYI this can seriously damage your oil tank and as a result your entire heating system. The more you open the lid of the oil tank the more opportunity for dirt, dust and debris to get inside. The build up of this detritus inside the tank can completely destroy an oil system. This is why it's better to get one large delivery of oil to your tank from a company. It means the tank is only opened once every 6 months or so rather than once a week for top ups.

(Source: Used to manage repairs for a housing association who would seek damages off tenants who were found to be doing this.)

TA: Being dropped with a pile of work at short notice with no idea where to start.

Ta'd at being Starved of the hunger and still 30 minutes to lunch.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My Christ, the DTs

Whats DTs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ta'd at being Starved of the hunger and still 30 minutes to lunch.

Whats DTs?

Delirium Tremens i.e the shakes. Christy Moore has a great song about them where he imagines doing things with Alice Glenn (one for the oldies that)

So we will have water restrictions from 7pm to 7am for the next few nights.
    Mostly because of leaks (bad infrastructure) and people running taps overnight (dopes).
    Big TA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

"Doggo". "Pupper". "Woofer". Cunts. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Delirium Tremens i.e the shakes. Christy Moore has a great song about them where he imagines doing things with Alice Glenn (one for the oldies that)

Ooh thought it was drink terrors haha (which works aswell...)

Have drank and ate more over the last 4 days then I have in weeks.. Like a swelled calf here in work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Down with another cold. Day 5 of it now and it's annoying me. I only had one a few weeks ago. Sitting here in work with no energy and with lemsips coming out of my ears. Worse than a hangover.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement