Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Faux hardy boys cycling with their hands off the handlebars. Hope ya fall off ya dope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

2 coffees and still sleepy. Also busy day but felt like I got nothing done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

BIG week in BB world, I have to present on Friday(half asleep as I'll be just off shift)
    I hate presenting anyway and its made worse by having a distinctly unreliable memory.

My nerves are shot and its only Monday, so far today I've been interupted to look up closing hours for three different local businesses, one of which is down the road from them.

Got the usual half-arsed message about something highly unlikely, ever the princess he told them to call me when they refused, he rang me and offered TWICE to give me the number to call them back, even tho I had said twice that I didn't have a pen and wasn't in the headspace to call them to figure out what was wrong.

TA, men who act hurt when they get screamed at for annoyed an obviously stressed person, with a computer that refuses to save a dam thing.
    especially ta when they are the queen of NO themselves.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I want to go home away from this madness.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I did something to my finger. It's like I pinched it right in the middle. It's swollen, bruised and very very sore. Ugh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Having the most persistent, annoying stalker creeping on all my posts and following myself and another few users all over Boards, as well as another forum.

I see you, hun ;)

*Waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Bloody Period. Literally. :mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Having the most persistent, annoying stalker creeping on all my posts and following myself and another few users all over Boards, as well as another forum.

I see you, hun ;)

Pay no attention to people like that. Saddos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

"Water supply to be restricted across Dublin and hinterland from 7pm"

It's not the water issue. It's the use of the word 'Hinterland'. It stinks of 'I am new to this, and just saw a TV show, decided to look the word up and then decided that this would be the perfect article to use it in.'

It isn't.
    RKN6eD.jpg

Tats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

People with curable cancers talking about it being a positive journey that has taught them valuable lessons or that it’s God’s plan. Where does that leave us who have a terminal form of the disease? What could I possibly learn from this that is worth losing my life for in only my fourth decade?

I understand that people say these things to bolster themselves and it probably helps them mentally but I can guarantee that they wouldn’t want those lessons if it meant it would kill them.

And that brings me on to people saying stuff like ‘Sure, life’s terminal!” to me, as if that’s supposed to be in any way original or comforting. Statistically the person saying it to me will make it past 70 or 80 or even 90. It’s very easy to be philosophical when you know you have decades left. It just totally undermines the anguish and anticipatory grief we terminal folk experience. I can’t speak for every terminally-ill person but I know it bothers a lot of us.

So just don’t ever say this to anyone in my position or that we could get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow. It’s trite and insensitive.

And... breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

So drained and exhausted and wrecked. Too tired to function too dangerous to cook to tired to get ready for bed etc. :(

Also, I think this could be up there with one of the most bizarre things I've ever written, but; -
    walking when bleeding hurts my groin-area.
    I wonder is that what gettin' kicked in the Goolies is like....

(I think I've said that ar$eways too actually but it's too late at night for my brain to work correctly at this hour anyway. Plus also I think I'm starting to feel a bit... out of it. Think I've gone past the tiredness stage now and onto the zoned-out stage.)

It could be a loooooooooooooooooooooooonggg night.

Actually, had such a bad night last night, I'd say I only got a total of 2-3 hours sleep. My stoopid-ar$e-head poxy Phone kept beeping about my Phone being back-to-normal after low Temperature or some crap like that?!? OhMyGod! Well if I ever wanted to take a Hammer to something, it was to my Phone last night! It just kept on and on beeping showing up that message! I didn't know where to go to stop the notification or silence the stupid thing or even if it can be de-activated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Being woken up by heartburn. Which tastes like the mackerel I had for dinner combined with soap. Yeeeeeeeuck

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Waiting for my son to hurry up and get ready for work. Why can't he just get himself up in the mornings, since he just doesn't why can't he get up the first time I say get up and why is he now sending snaps on his phone when we should already be gone. Stresses me out no end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Suckit wrote: »
    ...It's not the water issue. It's the use of the word 'Hinterland'...

Words like "Hinterland", "Codpiece" and "Stultiloquence", only work when people like James May or myself use them. When some jobbernowl writing tripe for the Independent tries it it just sounds stupidly pretentious. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

So drained and exhausted and wrecked. Think I've gone past the tiredness stage now and onto the zoned-out stage.)

You sound like you're anemic. Take care misstearheus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

jimgoose wrote: »
    Words like "Hinterland", "Codpiece" and "Stultiloquence", only work when people like James May or myself use them. When some jobbernowl writing tripe for the Independent tries it it just sounds stupidly pretentious. :D

When I read "Hinterland" I thought of an Irish band c.1990 who had a hit with "Desert Boots". Then I had to look it up on youtube and now I can't get the song out of my head!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I see you, hun ;)

I really want to check your user page to see who the stalker could be, but then if I do my name will come up in your list and then everybody will think I'm the stalker !
    Plus, that would be a bit stalkery.
    A stalker is kind of exciting though !

TA I've got an old friend on Facebook from school who was always a bit of a thinker. He keeps posting weird, avant-garde and supposedly thought provoking images or articles, things that are really out there, like the other day it was a pic of lots of nudists all busy cutting a big fallen tree with chainsaws, yesterday some really large woman naked eating spaghetti and spilling it all over herself... and then all his friends from some other "illuminati weirdos" forum comment incomprehensible stuff on the pics...
    It just makes me want to post silly taking the piss gifs of the mathematical thinking woman, and I do sometimes, and feel silly for it. :o:)

Don't want to block him all the same, I still like the guy, and in fairness to him he takes the piss off himself when I post my numpty comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

people who post stuff like this on facebook.

"can I get a like and share for this veteran"

No you ****ing can't. F***. RIGHT. OFF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    People with curable cancers talking about it being a positive journey that has taught them valuable lessons or that it’s God’s plan. Where does that leave us who have a terminal form of the disease? What could I possibly learn from this that is worth losing my life for in only my fourth decade?

I understand that people say these things to bolster themselves and it probably helps them mentally but I can guarantee that they wouldn’t want those lessons if it meant it would kill them.

And that brings me on to people saying stuff like ‘Sure, life’s terminal!” to me, as if that’s supposed to be in any way original or comforting. Statistically the person saying it to me will make it past 70 or 80 or even 90. It’s very easy to be philosophical when you know you have decades left. It just totally undermines the anguish and anticipatory grief we terminal folk experience. I can’t speak for every terminally-ill person but I know it bothers a lot of us.

So just don’t ever say this to anyone in my position or that we could get hit by the proverbial bus tomorrow. It’s trite and insensitive.

And... breath.

I'm not exactly in the same position as you but my average life expectancy is late thirties and I hear the usual "you could get hit by a bus" stuff as well. It's one thing to not know what's going to happen but it's another to know it's definitely going to be a short life.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Terrible headache again :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I really want to check your user page to see who the stalker could be, but then if I do my name will come up in your list and then everybody will think I'm the stalker !
    Plus, that would be a bit stalkery.
    A stalker is kind of exciting though !

This person has zero posts to their name, they just follow me (and others) around thanking posts passive aggressively.
    It was a fluke I recognised the username - they seem to think its funny and make jokes about the stalking on the other forum. They even copy and paste posts made here over there, just so we know that they're creeping on us.
    Absolute lunatics out there :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This person has zero posts to their name, they just follow me (and others) around thanking posts passive aggressively.
    It was a fluke I recognised the username - they seem to think its funny and make jokes about the stalking on the other forum. They even copy and paste posts made here over there, just so we know that they're creeping on us.

Some people just have no life's unfortunately and have nothing better to do with there time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I'm afraid to thank your posts now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Drama. More than a TA I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Bins were due to be collected last Thursday, the collection was understandably postponed due to the weather. The bin company said they would reorganise a collection and would be in touch with details. All fine until I just received a message saying they won’t be rescheduling the missed collection. I now have full bins and another week and a half to wait for them to be collected.
    Will they be reimbursing me the money I have already paid for that collection? Will they fcuk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

First day in the office since snowmageddon begun. Been working from home the whole time.

I really really really miss the freedom of sitting in shorts and a t-shirt and scratching my balls at will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When people try so hard to be passive aggressive but in doing so can’t see the irony of what they’re being passive aggressive about. Spit it out, use your words and get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have two grand's worth of tickets for the Scotland match trapped in the Dublin mail centre since February 28th due to the weather. They're for a client event we're running and there'll be ructions, understandably, if they don't arrive.

That's a bit more than trivial, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People being full of sh!te. Attention seekers. Patronising fcukers who haven't a clue just how patronising they are. Did I mention attention seekers? Yeah, people in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have my tragus and daith pierced. The tragus has given me nothing but bother from day one, but cos I’m a vain bltch I won’t get rid of it. I was pulling off my polo neck a few mins ago and it got caught and it was absolute agony. It’s really red now and throbbing. Ouch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

anna080 wrote: »
    I have my tragus and daith pierced.
    I have no idea what that is - but sounds sore!

My TA is that my energy is coming in fits and bursts. Cleaned the house earlier, did some DIY and am now flat out on the bed wrecked. Hate been sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

anna080 wrote:
    I have my tragus and daith pierced. The tragus has given me nothing but bother from day one, but cos I’m a vain bltch I won’t get rid of it. I was pulling off my polo neck a few mins ago and it got caught and it was absolute agony. It’s really red now and throbbing. Ouch

My sister has her tragus done a year and i honestly think it never healed she always has issues too!
    TA'd for you, I remember at 16 getting my bellybutton done and catching it a few times taking off pjs! The memory of it makes me squirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Firstly, I'm not a stalker. I googled the above, jaysus, brave woman. I'm trying to pluck up courage to get the ears pierced, just normal old piercing. TA I'm such a baby about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

TA: Another POF annoyance this one is different to my previous ones.

Checking out people's profiles makes me feel like I haven't lived at all, the amount of one's on it aged between 21-32 that have gone globe trotting. Profile pictures of people skydiving, bungee jumping, scuba diving, jet skiing, standing at the grand canyon, rambling through the rainforest, smiling smugly at the golden gate bridge, up on elephants wandering around Thailand. People on J1's in the states. The list goes on, some of them would be the same person managing to do all that.

Thought there was a recession the last few years, I'd be lucky to get to England or Spain once in a blue moon for a holiday never mind months of globe trotting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Got a maths test without knowing, since I was doing a programme on the day the others were notified about the test in school. I was left in a quandary during the test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I used to have my surface tragus (as well as my tragus) done. It actually looked really cool!
    But one windy night I got a belt of a car door onto the ear and it was ripped out of my head.
    The skin area covering the piercing was pretty thin to begin with so there was no protection at all.
    Got it re-pierced a year later when it had healed but my body rejected it.
    Still have a nice long scar from where it once was.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Ninjini wrote: »
    Bins were due to be collected last Thursday, the collection was understandably postponed due to the weather. The bin company said they would reorganise a collection and would be in touch with details. All fine until I just received a message saying they won’t be rescheduling the missed collection. I now have full bins and another week and a half to wait for them to be collected.
    Will they be reimbursing me the money I have already paid for that collection? Will they fcuk.

Same thing with me. I don't know what I'm going to do, our bins are already overflowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I'm not exactly in the same position as you but my average life expectancy is late thirties and I hear the usual "you could get hit by a bus" stuff as well. It's one thing to not know what's going to happen but it's another to know it's definitely going to be a short life.

EXACTLY. One person cleverly put it like “The difference for me is that in this little analogy, I’m being chased down by a maniacal bus driver who is definitely going to hit me soon”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was driving home from work today on a busy road and I saw a woman pushing a buggy with 2 children tagging along behind her. One of the small boys started running towards the road so I slammed on the brakes. He stopped thankfully and I quickly glanced over at them to make sure he wasn't going to run again. I kept driving but looked in my mirror and she had turned around and was giving me the finger. I didn't do anything! She wasn't watching her child and he could have been killed if he ran out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

VSCO....it's an app for android and iOS photography...the idea is great.... but sweet Jesus...it's overrun by 16 & 17yo girls "empowering" themselves by posting images of themselves in underwear and topless saying how much then love and accept their lifelong stretch marks and imperfections...

Nah... sorry.... delete

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA'd that I let myself get visibly rattled in work today. I'm usually fairly controlled and rational but by the end if today I was nearly in tears in front of at least three people. I am so annoyed with myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'd love something sweet but haven't got anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Tesco delivery came and there was 5 products out of stock and 7 substitutions!! Yes, I know they're still recovering from The Snow but I'm still TA about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    TA’ed at a certain fecker Who has reported me to management as I won’t allow him fly an airplane from the left seat.

If I had my way, I wouldn’t allow him in the right seat either.

A case of wishing a certain F.O. would F.O. ? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

madmaggie wrote: »
    I have tooth ache, or rather teeth ache, every one of them jumping. It's not neglect, the hygienist compliments me on the way I mind them, so what the Feck?

Is pain definitely your teeth? When I get a sinus infection it feels like my teeth hurt especially the top ones.

My TA is air con in the office. It is never okay to set air con at 30 degrees. Never. Okay. Ever.
    The person that does it better hope I don't find them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You don't need anything sweet, you're sweet enough already ;) :pac:

I'll let myself out

*gets coat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,158 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Bread and jam ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

Nobody in my life appreciates a good gif. If I could communicate exclusively in gif form, I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Ninjini wrote: »
    Nobody in my life appreciates a good gif. If I could communicate exclusively in gif form, I would.

God, the world would be a better place if that could be true :D

I like your thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Bread and jam ?

No jam :(

My bins are full but too tired to dispose.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement