Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

There, there, BB. *Sings 'Soft Kitty'*

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Let me know if you need the kiss of life! :pac:

Only after a shot of your inhaler once the cat gets it!
    New Home wrote: »
    There, there, BB. *Sings 'Soft Kitty'*

Can you Rap it to me instead of singing it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Sinus, throat and Lungs seem to not want to work today. I might need that Calpol after all.

you big baby, your just cried out after deserting us :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jonnycivic wrote: »
    you big baby, your just cried out after deserting us :pac:
    ppppffttt, those are tears of joy, that's for the TH thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Looking for Phone Number for NCT. May need to take a few deep breaths before I go giving out about Phone-lines that are supposed to be for Customer Service not being in feicing service, and no reply to my 3 emails yet the reply to Payment was an instantaneous 70 quid snuffed away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Trying to buy swimming shorts when there is still snow on the ground is a bit of a TA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

PEOPLE WHO DON'T THANK YOU FOR HOLDING A DOOR OPEN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

erica74 wrote: »
    PEOPLE WHO DON'T THANK YOU FOR HOLDING A DOOR OPEN.

When you can't figure out if caps lock was broken or if the poster is angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Work underpaid me by around 600 quid for my first month of maternity leave (we are topped up for 4 months) and payroll haven't replied to the email I sent them this morning.
    The incompetent buffoon that inputs all info on our system at work didn't give my maternity leave dates on time and i my pay has been messed up for the past 6 weeks. Really pisses me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Dublin Bus Surreal Time Information.

I've started driving instead.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    When you can't figure out if caps lock was broken or if the poster is angry.

Angry.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loomis wrote: »
    Dublin Bus Surreal Time Information.

I've started driving instead.

A bit like the "Real time" for Bus Eireann, real time my backside :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The weave of the top I'm wearing is really sore on my elbows if I try to lean them on my desk :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Every other thread being named *mageddon

GBX wrote: »
    Every other thread being named *mageddon

I know. Whichever mod is doing it clearly thinks they're hilarious. God love them.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I know. Whichever mod is doing it clearly thinks they're hilarious. God love them.

Yeah, it was funny yesterday like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Standards of AH modding have gone wild since yesterday!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah be nice, he said he's sick, standards are bound to be slipping.

AmIunbannedyet?AmI?AmI?AmI?

(I'd really like to see this renamed TAMageddon)

Ah be nice, he said he's sick, standards are bound to be slipping.

AmIunbannedyet?AmI?AmI?AmI?

No, and I no longer hold the authority to unban you :D
    (I'd really like to see this renamed TAMageddon)

Never!!!

I just had a cupcake and hot chocolate hoping it would make me feel better. It hasn't.

Another TA for today is that one of my runners is squeaking when I walk.

• Advertisement

It wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Broke ribs Friday night and they're still killing me. I sneezed half an hour ago and yelped like a wounded animal in pain.

It gets old fairly quickly. Doc said though that 3 weeks should see an improvement, so not too long I suppose.

No, and I no longer hold the authority to unban you :D

no-power.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

D’telly’s broke. Sure I may as well just end it all now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My sister is pretending she hasn’t hacked my Netflix even though all my recommendations are for Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

the guy with the Southside accent in the ad for "smorter" homes...

anna080 wrote: »
    My sister is pretending she hasn’t hacked my Netflix even though all my recommendations are for Paw Patrol and Peppa Pig.

AAAAAAANNND.... Change the password. "Scrounger_sister4Evah" would be a good choice. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Stovepipe wrote: »
    the guy with the Southside accent in the ad for "smorter" homes...

Yes!! I always comment when i hear it on the radio cos he says some variation of smort at least 4 times and it sounds ridiculous.

TA I’ve an interview tomorrow and it’s not til half 5 and I’m a bag of stress!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Speaking of ads - the one for financial brokers on the radio:
    - You should ring your ex in the middle of the night
    - You should tell your boss what you really think of her
    - You should get a boa constrictor for the kids

Then: "not all advice is created equal". First half is mildly annoying, but what really grates is the grammar in the last section equally, dammit! It's an adverb, to describe the verb "created". FFS!! I want to scream a little bit each and every time.

In fact, any time an adjective is used where it should be an adverb:
    "How are you?" "Good" - really, you've not done anything evil today, huh? Or maybe you actually mean that you're feeling "well" instead!

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Then: "not all advice is created equal". First half is mildly annoying, but what really grates is the grammar in the last section equally, dammit! It's an adverb, to describe the verb "created". FFS!! I want to scream a little bit each and every time.

In fact, any time an adjective is used where it should be an adverb:
    "How are you?" "Good" - really, you've not done anything evil today, huh? Or maybe you actually mean that you're feeling "well" instead!

I'm with you on the second part, but on the first I think it's an actual adjective, not an adverb, i.e. equal refers to the advice, not the creation. "All dogs are born blind" isn't the same as "all dogs are born naturally". Maybe it's just me, though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'll stand to be corrected. Still can't help being annoyed by it though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Mistakenly picked up a packet of wafer thin ham and it is welded together in a solid chunk that needs separating with a knife.

I'm in college part time but I'm really really really struggling in life at the moment with a lot of stuff so I'm thinking of quitting and, instead of offering advice, someone just told me "well so and so's cousin has managed it so it can be done". Yeah, that's helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The N7. I live 43kms from work and it has just taken me two hours to get home. And I stayed late in work to avoid the traffic! Raging!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

"Ask your parents for help with your deposit"

Yeah..... my parents are about as working class as you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

I had circuit training earlier today and now most of my muscles no longer work. I lay down on the couch and I literally can't get up again. TA'd because I have loads to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

TA'd that I missed a conversation in Discord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Thread title looks like TitsMcGee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

I changed my TA

The thread title is the actual worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Left my wallet behind me when I went on that School trip today.

Oh, and then a bit of my tooth broke off. So I have to go the dentist.

Here’s hoping for a less TA Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Bought fish today but the tray was dripping slightly when I took it out of my boot.
    9 hours on and endless handwashing later, my paws still smell like a trawler.
    :(

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

People who slow down to 60kmph when they see a speed van. The speed on the road is 100kmph. It drives me absolutely insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

KatW4 wrote: »
    People who slow down to 60kmph when they see a speed van. The speed on the road is 100kmph. It drives me absolutely insane.

i over tokk one last year with my mother in the car . lovely straight road. cruise control set at 95 and the idiot in front brakes hard so i poped past.

didnt hear the end of it for a week. aparently im a dangerous driver and that the idiot was right to brake .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA: I was fitted with a blood pressure monitor today for 24 hours. It is a thing of torture.
    Might as well be electrocuting me twice in a row every half hour, I've a feeling the readings are going to be so dire I'll be sent straight to the hospital.

Plus, I have very sensitive skin and the plastic sleeve is irritating it.
    Plus, I was told it would stop at 11.00 pm until whatever time in the morning, but it measured at midnight. Watching the clock now for next one.

edit : Plus I had a really shítty day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA Completely losing focus in a job interview cos the interviewer is absolutely drop dead gorgeous...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

left my chips for a few hours and now theyre lumpy and inedible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Robsweezie wrote: »
    left my chips for a few hours and now theyre lumpy and inedible.

Oh my GOD! How could you?? Someone call the cops, quick! This is potato neglect of the HIGHEST order! Blasphemy! Treason! How do you even live with yourself :mad: ... :cool: ... :D

I decided to quit college (I've been going part time). I sent an email to the college last night to explain and I sent an email to a few people in my class, who I would have been relatively friendly with. This morning I woke up to emails from 2 people in my class who I had no communication with asking if everything is okay and basically just being nosy assholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

TA'd that I read the thread title and thought Boom_Bap had passed on. :eek:

Well, that would be trivially annoying. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement