Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at being confused by the thread title :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New Home wrote: »
    Well, that would be trivially annoying. ;)

Not least for him!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, lads, do you even read this thread at all?!

1. A lot of the thread titles in AH have been renamed something-mageddon. This has annoyed lots of people, so it's perfect that they renamed this thread, too.
    2. Boom Bap is no longer an AH mod (as of yesterday, but first he "banned" me from here for giving him a headache).
    3. Yes, it would be a TA for him, but also for me 'cause I'd be wondering who the hell I'd been "talking" to in here yesterday.

:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah, lads, do you even read this thread at all?!

1. A lot of the thread titles in AH have renamed something-mageddon. This has annoyed lots of people, so it's perfect that they renamed this thread, too.
    2. Boom Bap is no longer an AH mod (as of yesterday, but first he "banned" me from here for giving him a headache).
    3. Yes, it would TA for him, but also for me 'cause I'd be wondering who the hell I'd been "talking" to in here yesterday.

Thanks for clearing that up :).

Ta'd for not being with it and up to speed :rolleyes::pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Get with the programme, Seph. :cool:

:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nope+im+still+here+not+sure+what+happened+but+im+_9b438a1f08c083d97846d9dc2459e138.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

And may he rest in peace! :p

Should it not be TAmaggedon?
    Tatsmaggedon is more like a good saturday night out!

That's what I said!

• Advertisement

Ta'd at having zero motivation and clock watching.
    That's what I said!

"That's what she said" :pac:

*gets coat*

(I'd really like to see this renamed TAMageddon)

Ssssseeeeee??

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TAts dates back to when someone mentioned something gets on their t*ts, and there was rumbling to get the thread renamed to include that. So the word T*ts and abbreviation TA where combined to form TAts.

It's one of my greatest achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

To the chocolate eating, generic cola swilling, frizzy headed, leggings wearing, orange colored lump who was in front of me in Aldi last night, with a trolley loaded up so much it looked she worked for a famine relief centre. I had one item! One mother flipping item!!

You self centred wagon!!!!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    TAts dates back to when someone mentioned something gets on their t*ts, and there was rumbling to get the thread renamed to include that. So the word T*ts and abbreviation TA where combined to form TAts.

It's one of my greatest achievements.

raw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    To the chocolate eating, generic cola swilling, frizzy headed, leggings wearing, orange colored lump who was in front of me in Aldi last night, with a trolley loaded up so much it looked she worked for a famine relief centre. I had one item! One mother flipping item!!

Same thing happened me last night and for the first time in my life I was brave enough to ask could I jump ahead. Yer man looked me up and down and then did this long suffering Ross Geller-esque "Fiiiiiiiine". I had paid and was walking out the door and he was still only unloading his trolley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Nope+im+still+here+not+sure+what+happened+but+im+_9b438a1f08c083d97846d9dc2459e138.jpg

My trivial annoyance: impostors :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Girl walking in front of me at lunch. Had her jeans hangin half way off her arse and was half heartedly holding them up whilst flashing the entire strete. I don't need to see your rear darling! Wear a god damn belt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People who use the word hun. It's usually a sign they're a dose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Walking into a shop and the 3 people working there chatting away - not one of them were interested in seeing if any of the customers including me needed assistance. If I was the owner I would be furious

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Skullface McGubbin

I hope this recent trend of having thread titles with "-mageddon" in them dies quickly.

• Advertisement

They're the end of the world. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

On Facebook, if you mention that you are an Ironman, then I will subsequently look to see what Ironman race you completed i.e. the one with the long swim, longer cycle and then an actual Marathon run that takes the bones of a full day to complete.

If you have posted a litany of photo's from the Dublin Half-Ironman then it will annoy me that you think completing half the distance of an actual Ironman triathlon makes you an 'Ironman'. You are thusly, a triathlete, but you are actually not an Ironman with the term itself reserved for those who complete the actual thing itself.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Walking into a shop and the 3 people working there chatting away - not one of them were interested in seeing if any of the customers including me needed assistance. If I was the owner I would be furious

I have walked out of a few shops/bars like that hoping that my furious stomp would prang their guilt.
    Doubt it ever did though as they are too distracted to notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

valoren wrote: »
    On Facebook, if you mention that you are an Ironman, then I will subsequently look to see what Ironman race you completed i.e. the one with the long swim, longer cycle and then an actual Marathon run that takes the bones of a full day to complete.

If you have posted a litany of photo's from the Dublin Half-Ironman then it will annoy me that you think completing half the distance of an actual Ironman triathlon makes you an 'Ironman'. You are thusly, a triathlete, but you are actually not an Ironman with the term itself reserved for those who complete the actual thing itself.

Genuinely thought you were talking about the Marvel superhero and was trying to figure out why so many people on Facebook are claiming to be him:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Homework in TY. 'Nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

everlast75 wrote: »

TA at being an unemployed hard working dependable person yet there are people employed everywhere as mentioned above who don't give two sh*ts about doing a good job or customer service!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Just as I was leaving work feeling good after a productive week my manager was annoyed I didn't tell him about something quite minor. Major TA micromanaging managers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

valoren wrote:
    ...if you mention that you are an Ironman...

+1 for Marathons.

Have heard quite a few times from "friends" that they did / are doing a marathon. When asked what time they do it in, I am gob smacked to hear "2 and a half to 3 hrs" . OMG I exclaim, that's VERY good, then they admit its a half marathon.... A HALF is not same as FULL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People "congratulating" me this am about how "good," they thought my presentation was.........., Sad to see how many people are doing the sort of licking their boss told them too. Made worse cause now that it's finished, I don't care about it. Boxes ticked.

That I will have to spend the weekend having to hide my computer from one of my girls, who had a tragedy in her pregnancy. Cause the Love both crowd ad's are everywhere online and will trigger her when she see's them. Actually not a Ta.

Edit, I tweeted them to ask how to stop seeing their ad, as the ad choice says it cant be blocked by them. Now I feel dirty and angry!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

F***ing Mother's Day Bo***x :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I step down off of a kerb that is higher than anticipated and it jolts my lower back.

TA'd I feel overwhelmed by Javaswing and by my course in general, he's going at a colossal speed and I feel like I'm being left behind :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Dramatik

TA that I still check facebook every day, it's nothing but people showing off their newborns and people showing off that they are going on holidays. I don't know why I do it to myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

The forces of nature didn't listen to me and I now have saturated drowned-rat clothes to contend with. :mad::mad::mad:. Had 3 heavy Tops out too. Grrrrrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA #1: Ross Geller every time I watch Friends reruns. What an egotistical, self-righteous, arrogant ****.
    • Rows with girlfriend who suggests they should take a break -> Immediately goes to bar and hooks up with someone else. Now I'm no expert in relationships but SURELY you just don't go off and bang some random person you met in a bar straight away without actually sitting down and having a proper discussion about taking a break in your relationship??
    • Rows with one of best friends who believes cat is reincarnated mother and instead of supporting her, rides his own magical broom of narcissism and intolerance by shoving his scientific beliefs down her throat, completely disrespecting her beliefs.
    • Possessive and manipulative ****, when his girlfriend gets her first job that she loves and is good at but gets all moody when she's working and claims she doesn't have time for him anymore and that her job is 'just a job', immediately implying his job is the most important thing on the planet and that her job means sweet **** all, which actually leads directly into my first point above!
    • Most jealous man ever, no trust at all for his girlfriend, thinks that any time she talks to another guy she's sleeping with him (calls her during apparent "break", hears her colleague is there with her, adds 2 + 2 together and comes out with -4376, then hops into bed with randomer in pub (again leading back to first point)
    • Insecure little freak who is so afraid of his own masculinity that he looks down upon men who he thinks aren't masculine enough -> finds absolutely perfect nanny for their baby and he fires him because he's not comfortable with how he is comfortable with his emotions while Ross himself doesn't even understand what emotions are the ******!
    • Thinks he's superior to everybody else on the planet and makes everything about him, a ******* scientist who thinks not only the sun but the WHOLE UNIVERSE revolves around him!

I'm having heart palpitations now... I hate him so much AND HE DOESN'T EVEN EXIST!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@bredabe I would suggest you download an “ad-blocker” program as it will block all ads and in your case give you peace of mind.

TA’d that this is my 7th morning waking up in this hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

smurfjed wrote:

I never thought hotel living could be a TA until last week. I had self-medication of alcohol to ease cabin fever, not really an option for your job.

TA that it is taking a week to get by body clock back in sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

jaxxx wrote: »
    TA #1: Ross Geller every time I watch Friends reruns.

Aww Ross is my favourite character!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Friends was an extremely overrated show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I had self-medication of alcohol to ease cabin fever

I self medicated on chocolates for the first few days, now suffering in the gym because of them. Kinda wish they didn't give me access to 1 KG of lovely chocolates every working day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭gifted

Nearly every time I want a sheet of kitchen roll it tears into one inch straps...gggrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Brain, every morning from Mon - Fri: No, I can't. Just leave me here, it's cruel to make me get up.

Brain, Sat - Sun: WAKEY WAKEY, RISE AND SHINE, WHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I woke up with a cold. Stuffy nose, blocked ears, sore throat and a headache. Since I finished the musical, I've been getting all sorts of illnesses.

It's what I get for being the only person I know who didn't get some sort of flu over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

smurfjed wrote: »
    @bredabe I would suggest you download an “ad-blocker” program as it will block all ads and in your case give you peace of mind.

OMG THANK YOU!, I'm now a love both free zone!.
    No underestimation that you have saved our sanities.

* Hope this is OK with mods as its a TH, but in the circs, I'll take the penalty ta!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

KatW4 wrote: »
    I woke up with a cold. Stuffy nose, blocked ears, sore throat and a headache. Since I finished the musical, I've been getting all sorts of illnesses.

It's what I get for being the only person I know who didn't get some sort of flu over Christmas.

I've been pretty badly sick twice in the last month. REALLY hoping a third isn't any time soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Adults who can't do very basic cooking. I know a lad who has to live out of the chipper when the wife goes away for a few days. He'd make tea and toast in the morning, and that would be it. He couldn't even throw a frozen pizza in the oven for 25 minutes. "Sure I wouldn't be able to do that".

Buying mothers day and anniversary jewellery for the lucky Mrs Happy on the same day. It's hard enough to buy one present for her, never mind two.
    Alex and Ani bracelets go with Pandora rings - right?!!

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Adults who can't do very basic cooking. I know a lad who has to live out of the chipper when the wife goes away for a few days. He'd make tea and toast in the morning, and that would be it. He couldn't even throw a frozen pizza in the oven for 25 minutes. "Sure I wouldn't be able to do that".

It's bad enough that they can't cook, but it's even worse when they refuse to learn. :mad:
    Buying mothers day and anniversary jewellery for the lucky Mrs Happy on the same day. It's hard enough to buy one present for her, never mind two.

Gift horses and all that, Trigger Happy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Thanks for reminding me, my parents' anniversary is on the 12th and I'm always forgetting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just burnt my finger making toast! For the love of!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement