Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The missus woke me because I was breathing strangely. Now I'm wide awake propped up on pillows and guzzling gaviscon like there's no tomorrow but it's not stopping the burning sensation in my chest which is driving my lungs mad. Not going to get any more peace tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

The fact that this amazing looking waitress that I was mad into for ages, she became single last year after a 2 year relationship...(I think)....waited a few weeks before asking her out, thinking she'd need the time I suppose, eventually asked her out but she turned me down mentioning she was starting to see some new guy...but she said I was nice and all etc..

Haven't really thought about her in ages but I'm friends with her on FB, checked out her profile, then the boyfriends profile, dresses like a f**king rapper and posing in pictures, doing a stupid pose holding his cameraphone in what looks like a mirrored elevator, you know that hand pose that rappers do with their thumb and baby finger?...with his hand in his general crotch area.

This guy? She wants to go out with this guy??And I'm not joking he dresses and poses like that and he must be well into his 30s.

Just....Argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having my monthly dose of insomnia.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd that its Time to get up :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

FIVE...TEEN MORE MINUTES!! Please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA : I feel in limbo as regards health and work at the moment. I'd love for things to be clearer, but I'm depending on others to deliver : doctors appointments/strategies, management approach to a new challenge...

I'm all ready to try and tackle everything, but there isn't much I can do safely, I don't want to be making mistakes because I should have waited for advice.

As a follow up to my blood pressure monitoring torture : I do have consistent high blood pressure, just like that, suddenly, after years of "perfect" BP according to GPs. Yet another thing to tackle.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

It's Monday. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Had friends over last night to play games. One friend took a shine to our rum, got wasted, vomited in our bin and spent 4 hours in our bathroom. We had to plead with him to come out so we could get him a taxi home. Didn't get to bed till near 1am. That was not how we had expected the night to go! Wrecked this morning now. And my poor husband had to wash out the bin in the backyard at 9pm last night. I'm retching even thinking about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In traffic this morning, car in front of me was busy looking at phone.
    Car behind me was busy looking at phone.
    So I was stuck between cars that were leaving huge gaps because they were busty looking at instagram or whatever.

Now it didn't affect me getting where I was going, just annoyed me that I was sambitched between 2 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    So I was stuck between cars that were leaving huge gaps because they were busty looking at instagram or whatever.

Now it didn't affect me getting where I was going, just annoyed me that I was sambitched between 2 of them.

Busty eh? :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Busty eh? :D

my love for hooters is now coming out in typo's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

My "flatmate" who is obsessed by kerosene spilled "some" on a container when he was filing up at the weekend. It's all over the car, the dogs and has now filtered into every room in the house. Even washing/steaming/fabreezing hasn't dispersed it.
    He believes that it will disperse in a few days, handy that when he works outside the house 9 hours a day. I'm not so sure as I smother for another day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

my love for hooters is now coming out in typo's

You have to stop repressing it and just give in... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I use a plug in on Chrome which prevents access to various websites which they user can set up. It prevents me getting distracted as I try to do college work.
    This morning, when setting it up, I entered 110 hours instead of the 10 hours I intended to set it for. Locked out of email, news sites, boards etc until early Saturday morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I was the one behind, I was just looking at the pic you sent me of your Baps :pac:

TA: Been the only fecker in the office this afternoon and I know its goign to be busy :(

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I was the one behind, I was just looking at the pic you sent me of your Baps :pac:

TA: Been the only fecker in the office this afternoon and I know its goign to be busy :(
    Ah jaysus, if I had of known it was you I would have got you to park up, hop in on my lap and ahem 'help me change gears'........I can't believe I just wrote that. Mind is in the gutter today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah jaysus, if I had of known it was you I would have got you to park up, hop in on my lap and ahem 'help me change gears'........I can't believe I just wrote that. Mind is in the gutter today.

Ah no im only uselful if the airbags are deployed :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

TA: A customer chasing me up for stuff that I have repeatedly told him has nothing to do with me. He has the details of who he should actually be chasing but no, he still asks me about it so I look like the lazy feck not following up on anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Very trivial - I bought a new kettle a couple of months ago, I just noticed the other day that to stop it before it boils I have to lift it off the stand, pressing the button does not switch it off. I checked the leaflet and that's the way it is. It's annoying me now even though I was unaware for 2 months.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,536 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Very trivial - I bought a new kettle a couple of months ago, I just noticed the other day that to stop it before it boils I have to lift it off the stand, pressing the button does not switch it off. I checked the leaflet and that's the way it is. It's annoying me now even though I was unaware for 2 months.

so the switch turns it on but not off? that is a TA.

• Advertisement

so the switch turns it on but not off? that is a TA.

Yea that the way it is, a budget model but a well known brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

TV3 news - settle down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Home from work.

Work is still in my mind.

Leave me alone brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tweaked my back earlier when hoovering out the car. One of those annoying twinges that pains you when you attempt to get up from the chair or whatever but manageable otherwise provided you take it easy.

Definitely a TA in normal circumstances.

Except I needed petrol earlier and wanted to get a pump at the same side as my petrol cap so as not to haul the awkward hose over to the other side and putting strain on my back. So I was queuing about 4-5 car lengths away from the pumps when a woman gets into her car and needed to reverse out as there was a car ahead of her.

But she must have never looked behind her as she proceeded to keep backing up towards me showing no sign of slowing down. Then came that almost slo-mo situation when I didn't have enough time to make evasive action to avoid the inevitable collision. Thankfully we only ended up hitting each other bumpers (she seemed to cop on just in time) so there was genuinely no damage done, but fock me I was like a rabbit in headlights.

And then she had the gall to say that I scared the life out of HER!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People that just bash my profession without knowing anything about it.
    I work in an area people love to hate, and despite working hard and doing my best every day I have to listen to comments about how I do nothing, because the people I work with only see the tiny bit of my job that crosses into their area.
    They cannot understand that what they see as my job is about 1/16 of my actual job. As a result when I say I am too busy to suit their schedule they are genuinely baffled....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When no matter how tight I tie my laces the tongues of my runners slip sideways.
    Being mocked by the OH for being " la de da" for the way I say vase and envelope.
    The way I almost always feel bloated and gross after going out for dinner no matter what I have:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

73Cat wrote: »
    When no matter how tight I tie my laces the tongues of my runners slip sideways.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1014551808696321&id=834548466696657

You're welcome. :)

Try the Runners Knot, it wont let you down

http://florafoodie.com/2015/09/runners-knot.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

you know that irritating tickle your nose sometimes gets when you have to sneeze, but cant? so you pinch your nose, and try to rub the itch away with your thumb? ...then your eyes get in on the action, and water... so now yer blowing your nose profusely, but nothing will stop the tickly feeling?

...been like that for 24 hours. damn tickle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There was a fad on twitter about a year about a year ago of ex sports pros doing bits to camera ahead of or after a game, but it was more selfie style. No idea why, maybe it was to give them a portfolio for agents but it looked awful and seemed to stop after the Lions Tour in respect to the rugby pundits.
    Anyways fast forward to March 2018 and I see, on LinkedIn, some Recruitment Agencies are talking about jobs in videos as if they're news readers. It looks so appalling and unprofessional.

My badly-needed cup of tea is only meh. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    My badly-needed cup of tea is only meh. :(

That truly is annoying :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Mind is in the gutter today.

Same - being driven to distraction by...em notions that are making work really difficult to concentrate on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Was asking a colleague to pass me a hard disk and accidentally asked for a hard d*ck.
    Can one die of mortification? Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭ahlookit

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Was asking a colleague to pass me a hard disk and accidentally asked for a hard d*ck.

Did he give you one?

I'll get my coat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

WhiteRoses wrote: »

I remember years ago I had a 17yo guy on work experience with me and a gaggle of female Spanish students came in and asked for 3 and a half inch floppy dicks....
    The poor lad went redder than a baboons bum and ran for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When you feel like you’ll never be happy again
    Also being a drama queen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

why people don't understand you don't want company when you're sick?
    no matter how well intentioned, having to make myself presentable and entertain is not helping the cause.
    ...go away (said in a crochety old man voice)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I ordered a parcel from Boohoo and it never showed up. I went to track it online and saw that it had been delivered on March 7th and it had been signed for by someone who was definitely not me! I emailed the delivery company and got a rude reply and a phone number.

Anyway we have CCTV up and my sisters went searching on it. Turns out that the delivery woman hid it in my neighbours garden (house is unoccupied). I was never informed of it so it's been sitting in wet muck for almost a week!!!!!

Thankfully the clothes aren't damaged. Why is it so hard to let someone know that their parcel has been delivered? Ugh!

Yes - scribble on a bit of paper 'left in xyz' and put in your letterbox. I always have to keep an eye on tracking.

• Advertisement

When you feel like you’ll never be happy again
    Also being a drama queen

Sounds like you need the Chinese Tripple Threat for din dins tonight!

My hot chocolate was not satisfactory at all, very disappointed with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Funeral dramas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was putting something back in the press in my sisters house and as I bent down, my niece closed the press door in on me, and the baby proof latch hit me straight in my eyeball. I actually thought I had lost my eye for a second. I am traumatised. Def gonna have a black eye tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Sitting in the car in traffic and cars in opposite lane at a standstill too at lights and an "oul one" in a car (60-70 age group) starts to pick her nose......and quick as a flash.... right into her mouth..... You can not unsee some things, I stared shocked and said ya dirty bit*h, as she drove on...YUCK!

^^^
    Thanks for sharing. *Barf!*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Seriously f**king TA'd tonight. Any time we get a package our incompetent f*ck of a postman just leaves the package leaning against our front door which is wide open to the street - there's no driveways/ walls separating the houses so there it is left for anyone to steal or the rain to soak through! I posted about this I believe before christmas when we had a 200euro wedding present left on our doorstep. I got it but was seriously p*ssed off. OH said he would talk to him. He hasn't. (another TA) I ordered thank you cards online last week for our wedding and the tracking says delivered last Thursday at 12:50. When we were at work. Noone here has them. MIL hasn't got them (she lives up the road sometimes the postie delivers ours to her!) Who in gods name would want to steal f*cking wedding thank yous!?!?!?! An post office is closed so I've noone to vent to (bar here) so I'm sitting here stewing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭zcorpian88

That t.v. show Stensons and Stilletos is on.

God what complete and utter rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I wouldn't mind but I had a really mind melting day at work, so went to the gym to let off steam. That worked I was happy as larry coming home and now I'm giving myself a headache from being so annoyed. I HATE incompetent people!

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Seriously f**king TA'd tonight. Any time we get a package our incompetent f*ck of a postman just leaves the package leaning against our front door which is wide open to the street - there's no driveways/ walls separating the houses so there it is left for anyone to steal or the rain to soak through! I posted about this I believe before christmas when we had a 200euro wedding present left on our doorstep. I got it but was seriously p*ssed off. OH said he would talk to him. He hasn't. (another TA) I ordered thank you cards online last week for our wedding and the tracking says delivered last Thursday at 12:50. When we were at work. Noone here has them. MIL hasn't got them (she lives up the road sometimes the postie delivers ours to her!) Who in gods name would want to steal f*cking wedding thank yous!?!?!?! An post office is closed so I've noone to vent to (bar here) so I'm sitting here stewing!

I had a strange one last week a load of letters thrown under the front door of the apartment block for different apartments in the block, all with the An Post licence stamp on it, "Lazy B" I thought to myself, pinned them to the notice board inside, as I was going out.
    I passed by another block and there was more sitting on the intercom, very odd, says I, then I met the postie, and asked him,
    Nothing to do with him he says, I have a fob to get into all the blocks, it's "???? post", delivering them, and they cant get into the letterboxs so leaving them anywhere,
    They have AnPost stamp on them, says I,
    Yes, he says, if they cant find a place they put them in the letterbox and we deliver them, if you noticed, they were all from the one company?
    I did, thought it was odd.
    but as he says, no matter who delivers anything, "we" get the blame.

So, to McGiggles, have a chat with the postman first, make sure it's him, ask him to not do it, or ring the office and ask to talk to him.

zcorpian88 wrote: »
    That t.v. show Stensons and Stilletos is on.

God what complete and utter rubbish.

I read that as Stenguns and Stilettos.....(could be more interesting :cool:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement