Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Oh, crap, jaxxx. Please, *please* tell me that wasn't you trying to open the gents "pull" door in Madigan's on North Earl Street with your feet :O

TA Public libraries =/= mobile phone usage. Signs frickin' *everywhere*.

Considering I had to google what Madigan's is and where North Earl Street is, I can safely assume it wasn't me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA at movies with 'dragon' in the title AND THE MOVIE HAS SWEET F ALL TO DO WITH DRAGONS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I saw my Neighbour putting out 2 huuuuuuuuge Bins of rubbish earlier, there was about an additional 3 bags of crap on top of each Bin too. Anyways, I just landed home, am sitting in Car, and there was a humongous crashing banging noise all over the Shop, and I'm guessing a gust of wind or a Muppet of a Cat is after knocking the Bins over. There's loads of Cans and other crap rolling around the place now. But anyways, a load of stuff came back down the road, back down the hill, and something walloped off the side of my Car! 😲😲😑😡😡 It was a fairly loud wallop!

I presume it was a tin Can but I'm afraid to get out now to see if there's any scratches on that side of Car that weren't there before! Basic existing is taking all my energy at the moment. I really don't have any any more energy or resolve to deal with additional un-wanted drama :eek: Hopefully there'll be no scratches or anything to be dealt with.

Whole fcuking place is like an Obstacle Course and covered in shyte. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Stoopid Muppet Neighbours didn't come outside either when all the noise started and they should know well it's their Bins like!

Plus unless I walk around now and pick up all the crap that's lying around, - I'll be hearing the Tin Cans rolling around the place all night long. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Actually if I had driven in 10 minutes later it could have been a wee bit dangerous... STOOPID EFFING NEIGHBOURS! I'm off tomorrow and looking forward to lie-in. If this noising and stuff rolling around all over the place keeps me awake all night ye'll hear about it. Feic sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

More bloody rain. The back garden is a swamp, I'll be able to grow rice in it if this weather continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Lots and lots of night sweats. Now worried I have menopause.. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

northgirl wrote: »
    Lots and lots of night sweats. Now worried I have menopause.. :mad:

Maybe it's your body just trying to adjust to your newer healthy regime, brittle hair is a sign of the old times...the body can react funny to nutrition it's not used to getting.... but maybe go see your doc if you're anyway worried

Maybe it's your body just trying to adjust to your newer healthy regime, brittle hair is a sign of the old times...the body can react funny to nutrition it's not used to getting.... but maybe go see your doc if you're anyway worried

Yeah, there's been quite a few changes lately so hopefully it's just that. I'll give it a week or two see if things settle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had a nightmare last night. Cant remember what happened but have the fear today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Had a nightmare last night. Cant remember what happened but have the fear today!

I had a horrible nightmare that I accidentally put my cat in the washing machine and we weren't sure if he was going to be ok :( I'm away for the weekend and I didn't get to see him before I left which didn't help!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had a horrible nightmare that I accidentally put my cat in the washing machine and we weren't sure if he was going to be ok :( I'm away for the weekend and I didn't get to see him before I left which didn't help!

Did you have a look in in the washing machine door just in case?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Had a nightmare last night. !

I know you feel, had one about my brother during the week, it was not nice and felt the fear all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have zombie apocalypse dreams a lot. I actually quite enjoy them, so it doesn't bother me, but I had one the other night where society had more or less reformed and was dealing with the excess zombies by herding them into a massive meat processing plant where they were being turned into pickles for consumption in the Scottish market.

I do wonder about my subconscious sometimes.

That's actually horrendous!

Freud would have a field day with this dream!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Stupid tiles in my house I’m convinced I’m going to be peeled off them paralyzed one of these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Losing stuff amongst all my technical junk. Currently MIA is a soldering iron, luckily I bought 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When a couple you are friends with have a bad break up and each of them try to recruit you to their side. FFS are ye 15 years old or what :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when there's a load of cheap chickens in the cook-it-before-tomorrow section in Tesco and I've no room in the freezer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

when you rush back from lunch for a 1:30 meeting only to find it's been postponed until 2:00

sub-TA
    people who call meetings during lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Marzipan85

LirW wrote: »
    Also Lemsip tastes disgusting.

Lemsip is abosultely the most awful thing. Taste makes me shudder. Why would invent something so foul tasting for someone who is already sick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

frash wrote: »
    when you rush back from lunch for a 1:30 meeting only to find it's been postponed until 2:00

sub-TA
    people who call meetings during lunchtime

or friday afternoons. get f*cked mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

Working....with the public...especially ignorant people.....grrrrumble grumble :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just when I think thinks are dying down on Friday afternoon, Skype has just started lighting up with a customer trying to contact me.

This cant be good.

It's not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Spend 12 months getting a big piece of work together with boss 1. Finally get it onto the home straight when Boss 1 leaves. Boss 2 comes in and thinks this is a terrible idea and scraps the whole thing. Deep breaths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Marzipan85 wrote: »
    Lemsip is abosultely the most awful thing. Taste makes me shudder. Why would invent something so foul tasting for someone who is already sick?

I kinda like Lemsip. I've also started adding a medicinal measure of whiskey to my Lemsips (when at home)

Related TA; when you accidentally buy the blackcurrant 'lemsip' and then have to endure them when feeling like **** and have used all the real ones.
    wtf were they thinking??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's not good.

Hey you told me its always good when I skype you my willy :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Vodafone are some shower of assholes, besides having the worse customer service ever, they rang today trying to arrange the pick up of an old modem that went to a recycle center in December 16 after we had to buy a replacement and are now trying to charge us for it, bunch of con artists!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    I kinda like Lemsip.

I'm in the same boat here.

• Advertisement

Cant. Stop. Thinking. About. Boobies.

Where's the TA thread to thank the lord baby jesus that I'm not thinking about jonnycivics appendage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Where's the TA thread to thank the lord baby jesus that I'm not thinking about jonnycivics appendage.

Ah youve annoyed poor Willy :(

willythecat-400x281.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

when i was getting my coffee this morning there was a young woman there with the best pair of boobs i've seen in many a month. Like a dead heat in a zeppelin race. really pretty as well. got my day off to a great start.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Think about bras instead. That should help.

New Home wrote: »
    Think about bras instead. That should help.

But then I imagine that i am a human bra and things get weird.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Then think about being a human bra for Patty or Selma. Or Mrs Bouvier. Or Mrs Skinner. Or Mr Burns.

Feeling better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Cut the top of my finger. Lots of blood which I can't handle so my sister had to sort it out for me. I still feel awful an hour later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I never treat myself to sweets in the shop (usually racing around buying the essentials) but today i said I'd go buck mad and buy myself a Timeout and a wee bag of jellies.
    Timeout went off in July 2017 and the bag of sweets had a scummy gloopy one in it that had destroyed all the rest of them.
    Tsk sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Cleaning out my place preparing for post op for a small surgery in a couple of weeks in full Sherry Boppins mode today I've only gone and thrown out the hospital appointment letter and my bloody lease too, I am sure I've got a copy of the hospital letter but not the lease, three black bags to go through now,

TA to beat all TAs DUMPSTER DIVING. :/

€270 of after-tax income to buy the chickenpox vaccine for a single toddler today: €140 for the vaccine, and €65 for each of the two GP visits. And this isn't the last of the vaccine injections. That's an absolutely crazy amount of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

€270 of after-tax income to buy the chickenpox vaccine for a single toddler today: €140 for the vaccine, and €65 for each of the two GP visits. And this isn't the last of the vaccine injections. That's an absolutely crazy amount of money.

We are considering getting the meningitis vaccine for our toddler, similar price, but yet his 9 week old sister is entitled to it as part of her jabs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

erica74 wrote: »
    I always stand back to allow a people out of spaces. Yesterday for example, I was walking through a car park, I stopped and stood waiting for a car to reverse out of a space and 3 people walked past me, directly behind the reversing car and looked at me like I was mad for standing there. All 3 of those people got into cars and then presumably needed to safely exit their parking spaces :confused:
    All 3 people probably drove straight out of their parking spaces, after having reversed in, like a good driver would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

All 3 people probably drove straight out of their parking spaces, after having reversed in, like a good driver would.

Then they probably had to pause for pedestrians/Mammys with buggies and toddlers sneaking by right before they were about to reverse in. Thereby seizing up the whole car park for the time that took.

TA there's no milk distributor in the supermarket or even local shops. It would be so easy to just reuse and refill the same 2 litre container(s) rather than having to throw them away every time.
    They take so much needless space in the bins, even crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TAd that I just woke up from a dream where I was just doing my job. Nothing weird happened, no zombie apocalypses or killer clowns, I was just at work, working.
    I think that may be an indicator that I need to look at my work life balance, if I can't even have fun dreams anymore! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

When in a supermarket shopping car park then reversing in is not always an option .You then can't get the trolley to the boot to put the shopping in . If I am in a centre where I don't need a trolley then fine but otherwise I drive in and reverse out .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

One of the women in the dry cleaners we use is very abrupt, the other woman is lovely and chatty, they're a great dry cleaners but I hate when I go in to drop off dry cleaning and the abrupt woman is there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

TA there's no milk distributor in the supermarket or even local shops. It would be so easy to just reuse and refill the same 2 litre container(s) rather than having to throw them away every time.
    They take so much needless space in the bins, even crushed.

That's actually a great idea. You should go on Dragon's Den and pitch it. Is there anywhere else in the world that supplies milk that way?

It's can be quite dangerous to do so.
    Cleaning of these plastics can lead to degradation of the material and harmful toxins released into the liquid.... there's a reason no drinks company in the world does this unfortunately

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

But still, refillable glass or metal would surely be possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I needed to ring a consultants secretary and she was the rudest and most inefficient secretary I have ever dealt with . The consulant was respectful and kind and no notions of himself but first this bat of a secretary had to be manouvered past . I wanted to slap her

quickbeam wrote: »
    That's actually a great idea. You should go on Dragon's Den and pitch it. Is there anywhere else in the world that supplies milk that way?

Lots of places abroad do - the machines supply local milk by the litre, you can buy new plastic bottles there or you can bring your own containers, be they glass, plastic or metal. They're very similar to those machines that sell mineral water that can be foud outside some supermarkets. Both machines and milk are tested regularly to make sure there's no issue regarding food safety.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement