Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I managed to knock over a serving jar of sauce all over the floor in a restaurant just now. Glass and sauce everywhere. I left a big tip to apologise for my clumsy oafish ways. I shouldn't be allowed outside. I am a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have a publication deadline this week so of course I spent the day doing every Harry Potter quiz I could find on Sporcle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I managed to knock over a serving jar of sauce all over the floor in a restaurant just now. Glass and sauce everywhere. I left a big tip to apologise for my clumsy oafish ways. I shouldn't be allowed outside. I am a disaster.
    Don't be daft, we all have clumsy days. Tell them it's PMT. I blame everything on the menopause, whether it's true or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

My TAA is people leaving glass jars in stupid locations knowing they are going to break.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dont be so hard on yourself, these things happen.

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I know them well default_sleep.png
    How do people get off-the-menu smilies into boards. I'm TA'd that I can't work it out (insert smilie wearing deerstalker cap and smoking a pipe).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've a battery powered door bell which chimes continuously when the batteries go low. You'd think it would beep or something, would drive you mad. (Like the smoke alarms that only beep in the middle of the night!)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Tummy bug doing the rounds, and today it's my turn. Such fun.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How do people get off-the-menu smilies into boards. I'm TA'd that I can't work it out (insert smilie wearing deerstalker cap and smoking a pipe).

Left click the smiley from whatever site, left click and copy the image address, paste into the image box and bazinga!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Left click the smiley from whatever site, left click and copy the image address, paste into the image box and bazinga!

TA that most of us use phones and that won't work
    ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ Phone smiley
    :):D smiley created with colon and bracket etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

How to get blocked from my feed - post crap like this.

28795996_1581528978568194_2996722252923273216_n.jpg

(Ans is 38)

madmaggie wrote: »
    Don't be daft, we all have clumsy days. Tell them it's PMT. I blame everything on the menopause, whether it's true or not.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    My TAA is people leaving glass jars in stupid locations knowing they are going to break.

Dont be so hard on yourself, these things happen.

*hugs*

Trivially happy that people who don't even know me make an effort to cheer me up on this lovely thread :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

(Ans is 38)

I got 165 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Same here.

Not a mindblowing riddle.

Same here.

Not a mindblowing riddle.

Mindblowing enough for you to get it wrong!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

people missing the multiplication sign in that image :)

the answer is the dirty number -2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    people missing the multiplication sign in that image :)

the answer is the dirty number -2 :)

I got 135..it's annoying me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Twelve (12) phone calls as sib had to take the bus to and from work today and he cant/didn't know how to read the timetable.
    +1=thirtheen phone calls to get two buses from his job and to his house which are less than 5 miles apart!

He obv missed the explorer gene the rest of us have.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

When passing strangers look at you funny and you get paranoid like you might have a snot hanging out your nose or a bit of food or something on your face.

(Ans is 38)

Take 2: answered 135.

• Advertisement

Take 2: answered 135.

Nope, the answer is still 38.
    Remember Bedmas and look carefully.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Nope, the answer is still 38.
    Remember Bedmas and look carefully.

nope

3 + 4 + (4 x 15)
    3 + 4 + 60 = 67

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    nope

3 + 4 + (4 x 15)
    3 + 4 + 60 = 67

Nope! Look very carefully at the last equation.

I'm paranoid about smart phones ,just don't trust them ,anyway I put something up for sale during the weekend and this fella just messaged to say that he'll take it during the week,I asked him where he lives and it's miles away but he says he has a friend in "x" which is almost beside me..now I'm really paranoid.And I know I'm old but still..ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

:mad::mad::mad:
    Lisa+the+Simpson.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just ran around in the rain after 3 stray dogs who were loose on the main road. 3 big eejits who were not a bit road smart. They disappeared and I've no idea where they're gone nor who owns them (they don't belong to any of the neighbours). Some guy driving a car pulled in just to shout at me "you need to take better fucking care of your dogs" and drove off before I could shout back at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭mr chips

My take on the riddle is as follows.
    First line - each symbol equates to the number 15, being a square (4) inside a pentagon (5) inside a hexagon (6). So 4+5+6 = 15.  15+15+15=45
    Second line - 4 bananas, 4 bananas and the same set of symbols as the first line, i.e. 15. So 4+4+15 = 23.
    Third line - 4 bananas, 3 o'clock, 3 o'clock.  So 4+3+3=10.
    Last line - 2 o'clock, three bananas, three bananas, and two of the three shapes (square is missing) equivalent to 11. So 2+3+3x11.  Assuming that the format is (2+3+3)x11, I would answer 88.

TA at whoever is going to say I'm wrong.  You're not allowed to do that without saying why!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've a battery powered door bell which chimes continuously when the batteries go low. You'd think it would beep or something, would drive you mad. (Like the smoke alarms that only beep in the middle of the night!)

Reminds me of this: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3v0q3q
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Lisa+the+Simpson.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mr chips wrote: »
    First line - each symbol equates to the number 15, being a square (4) inside a pentagon (5) inside a hexagon (6). So 4+5+6 = 15.  15+15+15=45
    Second line - 4 bananas, 4 bananas and the same set of symbols as the first line, i.e. 15. So 4+4+15 = 23.
    Last line - 2 o'clock, three bananas, three bananas, and two of the three shapes (square is missing) equivalent to 11. So 2+3+3x11.  Assuming that the format is (2+3+3)x11, I would answer 88.

TA at whoever is going to say I'm wrong.  You're not allowed to do that without saying why!

The last line should be 2+3+(3x11)=38

Multiplication first, then add the rest.

Crafty gits taking out the bit of the shapes.

My trivial annoyance has trivially annoyed a few of ye!

My trivial annoyance has trivially annoyed a few of ye!
    Darn tootin. You've turned this thread into the numbers round on Countdown :mad::p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭mr chips

New Home wrote: »
    mr chips wrote: »

The last line should be 2+3+(3x11)=38

Multiplication first, then add the rest.
    Feck's sake!
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.riffsy.com%2Fimages%2Fe72827174de4d86c5e8a79c059a2a70c%2Ftenor.gif&f=1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bic biros, they break too easily when you chew them.
    People who feel it's their business to tell you not to bite your nails.
    People who just stop in the middle of the walkway in shops.
    People who drive any which way in carparks despite one way systems clearly being in place.
    Fruit that is gone off before you get to eat it.
    Cereal dust.
    Tupperware lids just vanishing.
    Also, people telling me the first 72 hours of nicoteine withdrawal are the worst.... This last may be the reason for the rest!!

• Advertisement

TG1 wrote: »
    Bic biros, they break too easily when you chew them.

Wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

erica74 wrote: »
    Wha?

Does everyone not chew biros every now and then???? That's a new TA for the list, apparently my biro habit is weird now!

TBH, it's a bit like the nail biting thing, especially if you have to shake a nail-biter's hand at some point. The biro chewing is only good in the sense that nobody would steal your pens ever. :/

TG1 wrote: »
    Does everyone not chew biros every now and then???? That's a new TA for the list, apparently my biro habit is weird now!

I don't chew my biro but I do care if I pick up a chewed biro off a shared workspace. If you're chewing your biro, it definitely needs to be just your biro.

We had to buy a new car a month ago. The missus text me to say it broke down on the motorway taking her mother to the airport. The break down guy said it's fecked and we bought it at an auction so we have no warranty. She's been waiting over an hour for the tow truck to show up and she's no coat. I could just cry. This has not been my weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

We had to buy a new car a month ago. The missus text me to say it broke down on the motorway taking her mother to the airport. The break down guy said it's fecked and we bought it at an auction so we have no warranty. She's been waiting over an hour for the tow truck to show up and she's no coat. I could just cry. This has not been my weekend.

Nothing but hugs and best wishes from me to you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Trying to get my wife and daughter to pick a film to watch. Invariably there will be a row and a **** film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Poochie05

A stone hit my windscreen and left a crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Colser wrote: »
    I'm paranoid about smart phones ,just don't trust them ,anyway I put something up for sale during the weekend and this fella just messaged to say that he'll take it during the week,I asked him where he lives and it's miles away but he says he has a friend in "x" which is almost beside me..now I'm really paranoid.And I know I'm old but still..ðŸ˜

Did you post a location on the ad? Adverts asks for a location as part of your profile.

erica74 wrote: »
    Just ran around in the rain after 3 stray dogs who were loose on the main road. 3 big eejits who were not a bit road smart. They disappeared and I've no idea where they're gone nor who owns them (they don't belong to any of the neighbours). Some guy driving a car pulled in just to shout at me "you need to take better fucking care of your dogs" and drove off before I could shout back at him.

Reminds me of this clip;

https://youtu.be/SnXtuktNdlM?t=1m9s

Did you post a location on the ad? Adverts asks for a location as part of your profile.

I didn't..it's a facebook selling page,I didn't fill in the location info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Work, home, sleep (X5). Recover Saturday, do the house chores and the shopping. Visit the parents on Sunday and prepare for Monday.

My 8 year old self who wanted to dig up dinosaur bones in the desert for a living didn't foresee this. :(

Colser wrote: »
    I didn't..it's a facebook selling page,I didn't fill in the location info.

Have you a location on your FB profile? Or public photos at local landmarks (pubs maybe)

TA'd at Animal Crossing: New Leaf's IMDb rating.

I know that I have not played any Animal Crossing game, but New Leaf is a highly-regarded title in the series.
    Moreover, the positive IMDb reviews are voted unhelpful, whilst the negative reviews get all the undeserved credit.

At least most users are properly giving it credit on Metacritic, besides the typical sack of 0/10 bull****.

Ta'd at having to Get up when I'm nice and comfy in bed

original.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement