Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Two nights without sleep and I can't think straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

I am in a general c*ntish mood today. Had to tear someone a new a**hole this morning for their b*llicky behaviour at work. I heard that the usual 'lands on her feet despite being useless' person gets ahead again and I am realising how like Trump she is in her delusion, dishonesty and general conceitedness to the point that you know what, maybe that behaviour does actually work.

To top it all off, I have the worst PMT ever which does not, and I repeat, does not negate the above. I'm not crying, your crying...
    Ah pi** off and leave me alone :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My mother in law is staying with us for a few days. I now know where the missus gets the following traits from:

- inability to fill the dishwasher properly
    - making rice with pasta sauce
    - not cleaning up splashes of the aforementioned pasta sauce from the cooking area
    - wiping the crumbs off the table onto the ground

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just found out that one division of our company is off on Friday while everyone else is in. Not impressed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    My mother in law is staying with us for a few days. I now know where the missus gets the following traits from:

- not cleaning up splashes of the aforementioned pasta sauce from the cooking area

Ah those Germans from Dunkel Deutschland, rice with pasta sauce indeed :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And pasta with ketchup! :eek: and also :barf:

Also, that's not a surpise total solar eclipse you're seeing, it's just the giant spot on my chin blocking out the sun.

Who gets spots at 36 years of age, ffs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Old song, I wanna know have you ever seen the rain coming down on a sunny day.

why yes yes I have I live in Ireland, **** you rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Dial Hard wrote:
    Just found out that one division of our company is off on Friday while everyone else is in. Not impressed

All permanent staff here were given it off as an extra days holiday this year.. Us contractors? Being forced to use a day AL or take it unpaid! *grumble*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

New Home wrote: »

They think it's some sort of secret recipe handed down through the ages as well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ewww :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

They think it's some sort of secret recipe handed down through the ages as well!
    Hah, some recipe
    1 cook pasta
    2 add ketchup
    3 empty into bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am off on holiday next week and the days are fcking dragging on like a trip to a bad breathed sadist dentist.
    Would time ever fly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who post things on social media like “outies” “drunkies” “drinkies with the girlies”..
    Kindly get fcuked-ies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

People claiming we are neutral cause it's in the constitution......go check before making claims

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

People who post things on social media like “outies” “drunkies” “drinkies with the girlies”..
    Kindly get fcuked-ies.

What's "outies"?
    I don't know what those things mean but I know I agree with you:pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I assumed it was going out, the human version of "walkies". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I assumed it was going out, the human version of "walkies". :rolleyes:

Oh. I assumed it was knocked out after being slammed head-first into the door of whatever hipster place they and their insufferable weird-beard arsehole friends were taking up space in. :D

Wishful thinking, Jim?

I am off on holiday next week and the days are fcking dragging on like a trip to a bad breathed sadist dentist.
    Would time ever fly?

I have found a way of being more-or-less permanently on holiday, and that is to make judicious use of things like Groupon and Expedia to feck off out of the city every second or third weekend, pampering ourselves in a half-decent hotel with a pool. Thus far this year we've been in Clonakilty, Killarney and Kilkee, with a sortie to Glengarriff via Gougane Barra coming up shortly.

• Advertisement

Wishful thinking, Jim?

Possibly. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I find that there is a certain sub-section of rugby fans that are so militant about the sport, that anyone else's opinion doesn't matter.

I happened to comment on a sportsjoe article last night (which I occasionally like to do out of devilment), and someone subsequently took a screenshot of it and posted it on a whatsapp group I was in. I was basically debunking a few of the points that were been made in said article, in a measured way. I work in sports journalism at local level so feel I am qualified enough to voice an opinion in a well-articulated, factual manner.

But god forbid having the temerity to say anything "negative" at all about the oval ball. Had my character/intelligence called into question by a few lads on the group who wouldn't be adverse to sticking their oar in on topics outside of their expertise themselves.

I wouldn't mind too but the whatsapp group has exhausted it's original purpose as the event it was created for has since past, but it has now morphed into an environment where there is nothing but sledging (and borderline bullying) going on. And everytime I leave, I am re-added. No place for the faint hearted :D

But at least I never question anyone else's personal integrity on it though. Meanies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The mass outrage on the Buncrana pier thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

guys who use the stalls in the work jacks but don't close the door. I dont want to see you leaning one armed against the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

After not passing away from the flu I'm now in the car on the way home (we were with the In-Laws where I suffered in silence and hallucinated for a few days thanks to that stupid dose).
    Anyway, stopping to get petrol, himself spills petrol over his jeans and shoes and we still have another hour to drive. The smell in the car is rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

I find that there is a certain sub-section of rugby fans that are so militant about the sport, that anyone else's opinion doesn't matter.

I happened to comment on a sportsjoe article last night (which I occasionally like to do out of devilment), and someone subsequently took a screenshot of it and posted it on a whatsapp group I was in. I was basically debunking a few of the points that were been made in said article, in a measured way. I work in sports journalism at local level so feel I am qualified enough to voice an opinion in a well-articulated, factual manner.

But god forbid having the temerity to say anything "negative" at all about the oval ball. Had my character/intelligence called into question by a few lads on the group who wouldn't be adverse to sticking their oar in on topics outside of their expertise themselves.

I wouldn't mind too but the whatsapp group has exhausted it's original purpose as the event it was created for has since past, but it has now morphed into an environment where there is nothing but sledging (and borderline bullying) going on. And everytime I leave, I am re-added. No place for the faint hearted :D

But at least I never question anyone else's personal integrity on it though. Meanies

My TA is ignorant journalists commenting on the great sport of rugby when they know nothing about it! And if they make disparaging comments about the greatness of the sport then they deserve a good kicking. The guys in your Whatsapp group were right! I hope they reduced you to tears. I want to buy them all a beer.

:D

I'm serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

A little ****er jumped out of a bush and screamed at me while I was walking home. Terrified the life out of me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Still haven’t heard back after an interview on Thursday.
    Grumble. Not sure if good or bad but my mood has been bad since yesterday.
    I think I need to find the cure in anything from Tom Cruiise in the 80s movie.
    Yes, those are my tastes. Only problem is it is definitely not an acceptable solution according to his royal highness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

KatW4 wrote: »
    A little ****er jumped out of a bush and screamed at me while I was walking home. Terrified the life out of me!

I do this at work!!
    I will hide under desks for 15 minutes...or wait in a darkened room until someone switches on the light and scream as they lose all control of bodily functions :D

TA...I'm the TA at work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I do this at work!! I will hide under desks for 15 minutes...or wait in a darkened room until someone switches on the light and scream as they lose all control of bodily functions

Evil!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭mr chips

I may have done similar in the past. One time, myself and a colleague were both standing at the only functioning photocopier, staring dully at nothing while we waited for it to finish the previous person's mass duplication. Partly out of boredom, partly for sh*ts & giggles I turned to her and said "Hey, this'll shock you - BOOWAAA!!" The scream of her had people running over to check what awful thing had happened, to find her calling me all sorts of names while I was doubled over with laughter.
    I guess I was the TA that day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Uktv play doesn't work in Ireland anymore.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

old dears grocery shopping between 6 and 8 in the evening, why? they have all day but they pick the time of day when everyone is in a rush and they invariably hold up the line by paying to the cent using the bag of coins they have with them

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    guys who use the stalls in the work jacks but don't close the door. I dont want to see you leaning one armed against the wall.

I don't know why I thanked this:pac: I read it and thought ooh yeah that is yuck and I thanked it but then I thought is it weird that I thanked it because I'm a lady?

Yes, those are my tastes. Only problem is it is definitely not an acceptable solution according to his royal highness.

Cannot stand Tom Cruise, even reading his name makes me feel cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Been awake since 5am. Going to be a zombie today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not even Top Gun? Everybody loves Top Gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

I feel your pain.
    I thought it was a load of rubbish about hot women turning into their mothers.
    It isn't.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Work colleagues who keep doing the hands-behind the-head superiority body language during conversations.

• Advertisement

storker wrote: »
    Work colleagues who keep doing the hands-behind the-head superiority body language during conversations.

I used to work with one particular twat who'd clearly read a book or something on how to dominate people using body language. Automatically taking the head of the table in meetings, standing over people when talking to them, coming to stand behind them while talking to them at their desk, that kind of thing. It was so obvious, though, that it was just laughable. I had my own office and if he came in to talk to me, he'd walk all the way around behind my desk to stand behind me. Subtle, dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I used to work with one particular twat who'd clearly read a book or something on how to dominate people using body language. Automatically taking the head of the table in meetings, standing over people when talking to them, coming to stand behind them while talking to them at their desk, that kind of thing. It was so obvious, though, that it was just laughable. I had my own office and if he came in to talk to me, he'd walk all the way around behind my desk to stand behind me. Subtle, dude.

It is laughable when you know what they are doing. But this kind of stuff works on a lot of people so people like the twat you mentioned keep doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

As much as I love my mother and accept her hippy lifestyle, she annoys the crap out of me with her homeopathy fairy magic medical advice.
    I got a letter today that I need a certain lady treatment done after 2 years of up and down with pre-cancerous cells and this in itself is annoying but now she starts bashing the pill I'm taking for a few months now (which so enhances my quality of life because I'm not dealing with a few severe problems anymore since taking it that relly hounded me since I'm like 11).
    Oh and I should come to a peace agreement with my uterus on a psychological level...

Ahhh just leave me the f alone with that bullcrap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

LirW wrote:
    Oh and I should come to a peace agreement with my uterus on a psychological level...

What a load of sh!te.

storker wrote:

Ah but they really might have an inferiority complex or be intimidated by you. Hence the acting like an animal in the wild, trying to make themselves look bigger.

My TA is the wee one is going through a really bad teething phase. It's been going on for around a week now but last night she was waking nearly on the hour.

I shouldn't be complaining really as she's normally a great sleeper and we're very lucky that way but christ I'm fooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Probably showing my age here, but has the world been repopulated by people with massive fake glaringly white smiles? Those in the cosmetic dentistry business must be millionaires. Some of the crowns/veneers are so awful the person can hardly speak clearly.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Probably showing my age here, but has the world been repopulated by people with massive fake glaringly white smiles? Those in the cosmetic dentistry business must be millionaires. Some of the crowns/veneers are so awful the person can hardly speak clearly.

I'd rather that than some of the broken picket fences you still see people sporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Boards.....and that verdict a few hours ago... really brings out the fcktards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Boards.....and that verdict a few hours ago... really brings out the fcktards

This gets me every time, people who never post on boards, but come out of the Woodwork to assault lads that were found not guilty by law.

Unreal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My car has developed 'a noise'
    Fear it may be an expensive 'noise'

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement