Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

TA at people who walk go the ticket barriers at the Dart station and out onto the platform. And then just stop and stand there. No looking left or right, or moving left or right. What part of "There are 50 feet of platform either side of you," do you not understand? Why stand there, blocking the door and access to the platform, for everyone else?

There is a special place in hell for these people, right along side the muppets who exit a lift or escalator and then just stop, for no good reason.

YOUR NEEDING TO FIGURE OUT WHERE YOU NEED TO GO NEXT, IS NOT A GOOD REASON.

Most of the people behind you have to do the very same thing. Stop blocking everyones way, while you figure out where your worthless ass needs to go next !

Sigh...ok I feel better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭gifted

When people walk through the door about 3 seconds before you and just let it swing close on you...gggrrrr.......it's rampant in the hospital here in galway....hate saying it folks but it's the women who are the biggest culprits......

But I still love ye lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who aren't details people... This attitude of oh I'll make huge promises and just let someone else figure out how we follow through... They wreck my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭glaswegian

people who stand in the checkout queue in the supermarket for ages to be served,but have to wait until they've packed the shopping away before they start rooting through the handbag for the purse ,then rooting through the purse for the cash/card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Child whinging and dog barking for Ireland out the back. And I've an incessant Headache to beat the band for the past week. Not sleeping well at all and generally under-the-weather at the moment. :(

When your brain won't work. There's another word for a child cryingwhinging. I can't think of the word. Something like squealing. That'll bug me now.

Gerning? We would often have been told to stop gerning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Went to a popular tourist attraction today and was extremely TA’d by pretty much everyone. People incapable of moving at a reasonable pace through exhibition rooms, people thinking they need to stand and queue for things when in fact there is acres of space to keep moving, people loudly talking and laughing when the tour guide was speaking.

At one part there was a photo booth to take a picture. I waited for about five minutes to use one, people kept jumping in ahead of me. Then I finally got in, at the same time as a middle aged couple went towards it. They, and another couple, then proceeded to breathe down my neck as I used it, so I ended up taking a useless picture of half my face before giving up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Think I got moisturiser in my eyes and they are all stingy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Whenever a pets owner is referred to as its "Mom" or "Dad".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just got comprehensively bucketed on for the second time this evening.

I love my dog to bits but sometimes it'd be really nice to say "I'm not going out in that".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,182 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Being in a club when Mark McCabe's Maniac comes on.

****ing awful :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Sad at Everlasts post. Fricking love that song. :/

Stoopid ar$ing poxy Technology. My Phone still won't charge when plugged in and is dead as a fricking dodo and I only bought it in the last few months ffs. No Alarm for work in the morning now, I have to break out the badboy Clock-Radio. Oh gosh do yez remember Longwave Atlantic 252.... What a Station that was.... Oh and why I came here ---> stoopid ar$ing work in the morn. Can we all not just stay in bed please. :(:mad::mad:

Re the cryingwhinging, thanks for suggestions! But still can't think of the word I'm trying to think of..

It's so annoying how time goes so fast when ya don't want it to. :mad: 3 hours ago feels like about 15 minutes ago.. :rolleyes::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,182 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Sorry Miss - but it is god awful. Even McCabe was mortified for its success.

Anyhoo - Went to Apache to get something to eat.

Ordered 2 large pizzas. They wanted
    FORTY .. THREE.. EURO!

I'm starving but man, **** that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That Electric Ireland ad that says 'you're smart for switching to us, you're even smarter if you never switch again'. How the **** can that adhere to trading standards and what idiot would ever agree with that? How can they guarantee that the best option for their customers is to stay with their company for the rest of eternity? False advertising. Very very ta.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sounds like an offer you can't refuse.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

everlast75 wrote: »
    Being in a club when Mark McCabe's Maniac comes on.

****ing awful :(

Oh jesus :-|

*shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Dial Hard wrote: »

I love my dog to bits but sometimes it'd be really nice to say "I'm not going out in that".

I'm so lucky I've got a little shih tzu cross whose reaction when it's wet out is to sniff the air and conclude : "ah....nope".
    (you'd have to carry him he's so stubborn, that defeats the purpose of a walk !)

My TA is a weird one : do you ever get this weird uncomfortable feeling in your mouth where you have fillings, when you see/hear a metal against metal scrape ?
    I always give the drum of washing machine a little hand spin to dislodge socks after emptying it, and there was a scrunched up bit of foil, like a chocolate wrapper type, and I got this cringe moment of metally discomfort in my mouth, it's kind of like when someone scrapes nails against a blackboard.
    I can nearly feel it just typing this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

When I think of something I'd like to google, and I open a new browser tab and then can't remember what it was I was going to search for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    When think of something I'd like to google, and I open a new browser tab and then can't remember what it was I was going to search for.

This has happened to me so many times. Truly TA'd at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being sick on a sunny day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

My TA is a weird one : do you ever get this weird uncomfortable feeling in your mouth where you have fillings, when you see/hear a metal against metal scrape ?
    I always give the drum of washing machine a little hand spin to dislodge socks after emptying it, and there was a scrunched up bit of foil, like a chocolate wrapper type, and I got this cringe moment of metally discomfort in my mouth, it's kind of like when someone scrapes nails against a blackboard.

Ah FFS, you've made us all get that feeling just from reading it! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

That first speck of dirt/stray puddle/militant fragment of food product that targets your pristine new runners.

Nooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

When I usually say 'Cheers' in gratitude but then when wanting to say thanks instead and ending up saying "Chanks" like a complete dope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

maudgonner wrote: »
    Ah FFS, you've made us all get that feeling just from reading it! :)

:o Sorry !

(so I'm not the only one !)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You're definitely not alone, it's like an electric current. Urgh! This is as bad as the Y-A-W-N-I-N-G word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

A poster on here has me posting cat gifs to people on whatsapp now.

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    When I think of something I'd like to google, and I open a new browser tab and then can't remember what it was I was going to search for.

+1. Doing this constantly lately. Wracking brains then to figure it out with a big puzzled head on me.

I've had to leave a pen & paper to scribble stuff down on.

But then I write it down in shorthand. No idea what it means in 30 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

valoren wrote: »
    When I usually say 'Cheers' in gratitude but then when wanting to say thanks instead and ending up saying "Chanks" like a complete dope.

Say it with a Scottish accent... Sean Connery..like a boss!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Earlier I scolded my myself again with hot water

You mother....fuuuu:mad: :mad:
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    A poster on here has me posting cat gifs to people on whatsapp now.

The cheek of him :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I had a lovely day today, shopping, 2 naps, really chilled out and now, I am paying for all of that by being in absolute agony with my back. CAN I NOT JUST GO OUT AND LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT EVERY FUCKING TIME?
    I get so angry about this sometimes. I feel like crying and punching everything.

The cheek of him

No idea of the damage being caused.

Your street rep isn't be up to scratch any more, Ted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Still can't get Phone charging.... :( :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You wish to cross the road as a pedestrian and the oncoming car to your side is going at a speed that one would judge it unwise to cross but at the same time is going so slow that it feels like a lifetime before it actually passes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

^^^^^^^^^^

Totally agree, its like c'monnnnn tae fcuk will ya.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭skittles8710

Agonising period pain and no painkillers in the house.
    My uterus is attacking the rest of my body !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

all online discourse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭4Ad

I'm so lucky I've got a little shih tzu cross whose reaction when it's wet out is to sniff the air and conclude : "ah....nope".
    (you'd have to carry him he's so stubborn, that defeats the purpose of a walk !)

Search the word Misophonia, it might help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

I got a meal deal in Tesco for lunch yesterday and left the Kit Kat from it behind. I hope the person who went to the self service after me enjoyed their free chocolate :( .

Seven paper cuts this week, all on the same hand. I forgot about them until I put on some hand sanitizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The crows that use my roof to land in seem to have taken up tap-dancing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

nermal15 wrote: »
    Went to a popular tourist attraction today and was extremely TA’d by pretty much everyone. People incapable of moving at a reasonable pace through exhibition rooms, people thinking they need to stand and queue for things when in fact there is acres of space to keep moving, people loudly talking and laughing when the tour guide was speaking.

This. And in general, people who just will not STFU and let other people hear, even when it's blindingly obvious that it's the appropriate, if not the required thing to do. Selfish jerks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Dial Hard wrote: »

You should get a cat, when it's the cat who will look at you as if to say "I'm not going out in that."

I'm forced out of my house on the long weekend as I can't bear to spend time with those that are visiting. I won't have any proper rest til they're gone. Still - the weather's fab :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TG1 wrote: »

Which is all very fine until they start argueing about which crow is the best tapper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TG1 wrote: »

I hope you have crow guards on the chimney, the noise of them flapping up and down building a nest would drive you mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Gender unspecific ppl who don't seem to understand that not guilty is not the same as innocent.:mad::(:(:(:(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Just in town and we drove down a street with an 8 seater taxi parked at an angle at the top of the street where there's a bend. As we were approaching we thought he was either dropping someone off or picking someone up because it seemed impossible that he was parked there so we drove up slowly and then sat waiting on him to move. We could see the taxi driver eyeballing us in his wing mirror and then we realised that he was actually parked so my husband had to squeeze his van past an 8 seater taxi on a tight bend. After we eventually got by him, he roared out the window "learn how to fucking drive". SERIOUSLY??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

One for the ladies (and possibly a bit of an overshare, but they'll understand) the secondary waxing you get after a Brazilian when your knickers get stuck to a bit of leftover wax *wince*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People who think they can speak for all of us . No one can speak for all women or all men or all nurses or all Dubs or all anything ! But occasionally you get someone who actually think they can

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement