Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After all my complaining, I have only 6 hundred words left to do for my last assessments and over a week to get it in, I know I should do the desk research today and type it up tomorrow, edit on Monday(added value of keeping me away from irritants in my flat). Can I get offline to do that and get it off my mind? can I f*(K! tatatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Bredabe wrote: »
    Gender unspecific ppl who don't seem to understand that not guilty is not the same as innocent.:mad::(:(:(:(:(

Don’t bring this sh*t into this thread

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    Don’t bring this sh*t into this thread

May I just check that you mean you don't agree? or that you think ppl who comment but don't know the legal recognition of terms they use in those comments is as annoying as I do?

PS Are you a mod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Bredabe wrote: »
    May I just check that you mean you don't agree?

No, it's just 2 sides biting at each other for a few days no with no real progress, everyone hates each other and most posters would probably agree that this sh1tfest can stay in the other thread, where it belongs.
    It gets boring after a while.

LirW wrote: »
    No, it's just 2 sides biting at each other for a few days no with no real progress, everyone hates each other and most posters would probably agree that this sh1tfest can stay in the other thread, where it belongs.
    It gets boring after a while.

I only said that misuse of these terms is ta to me, I never had any intention of it being anything but a ta.

My response was to find out if the respondent knew what I was saying or felt it was ok to tell me what to or not post here because they didn't like it.

I agree it is a ta to see these terms misused especially when its to demean another human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Private companies who come and dig up your path and roads and leave the place in a mess.
    Even when you get in touch with them to come back and restore place to as it was, there is so much grey area as they claim it was like that or the snow did it or something something... they hope if they make it hard enough you'll just go away.
    Well not this lady, brace yourselves Virgin Media!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭gifted

Anyhow...back to trivial TA... just getting an Indian takeaway .....but had half a packet of biscuits 20 min ago and not really in the mood for food now ......dam you chocolate chips biscuits....

gifted wrote: »
    Anyhow...back to trivial TA... just getting an Indian takeaway .....but had half a packet of biscuits 20 min ago and not really in the mood for food now ......dam you chocolate chips biscuits....

Yep...exactly as I thought it would be...could only eat a quarter of what I usually eat......flat out on the couch like a beached whale, half expecting to burp up the Indian......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not a great day to wear white jeans. My 3 nieces and their chocolatty hands all over me. Still, I had a grand old day playing fetch with them in the garden.
    Also TA’d to see LMB has closed her account :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

She will rise from the ashes like a phoenix....I hope!

TA I want something to eat but my stomach is like a washing machine on a 1200 spin right now

Not a great day to wear white jeans. My 3 nieces and their chocolatty hands all over me. Still, I had a grand old day playing fetch with them in the garden.
    Also TA’d to see LMB has closed her account :(

Didn't realise that..
    Hope she ok....I'll miss her, she was a sound person....please come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'd say Lady won't be gone for long, I hope anyway !

TA 'd at goons on the main road who won't stick to one speed, going between 60 and 80. Either speed up or stay at 60, possibly shuffle over into the hard shoulder and let people overtake you FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I had an indian meal and too much wine last night and a full irish with extra beans this morning for breakfast. I'm in danger of breaking a new hole in the ozone layer with my hole :(
    I was in the queue at lidl earlier, I was in a bad way and I said to myself sure I'll chance a quiet one. A weapons grade SBD was launched. There was a woman with her baby in the trolley two people up the line and she said to the little one 'we'll have to change you when we get home, won't we pet?'- The perfect crime :D

My sibling giving out about work today, a longwinded story about a plan he and his workmate had and a client "upsetting the apple tart".
    Funny the first 100,000 he said it, now its ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You try to stuff your Easter 8 pack into a small fridge where in doing so you knock 2 large tubs of unopened plain yogurt off the top shelf, where they both split open down the middle when they hit the ground. Yes, not 1 but 2. Of course it wasn't the half eaten tub that fell out that was going off anyway. The kilogram of yogurt is still there on the floor this last hour as I just sooooo can't be arsed to clean it up and I don't even know how to do it anyway. I mean you don't just stick a mop on a kilo of yogurt do you???? AGHHHH !!! .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You know what they say, there's no point in crying over spilt fermented milk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

House to myself, decided to watch a Netflix zombie flick I'd heard good things about.

Five minutes in and I'm freaking the **** out. They're really fast and they scream as they attack.

I'll be sleeping with the lights on til Tuesday when my sister gets home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Had similar situations with snacking prior to a big meal and not feeling hungry by mealtime. Quite annoying.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I feel a headache coming on
    Dial Hard wrote: »
    House to myself, decided to watch a Netflix zombie flick I'd heard good things about.

Five minutes in and I'm freaking the **** out. They're really fast and they scream as they attack.

What's it called?

What's it called?

If I tell you will you please stop posting cat stuff?!

Ravenous/Les Affames

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Need a new mattress

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Not really trivial but when you're eating something (peanuts in this case) and they go down the wrong way..this just happened and I thought I was going to die..sitting here now and the tears are streaming down my face.What a f***ing fright..honestly thought that I was in trouble,couldn't get my breath.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If I tell you will you please stop posting cat stuff?!

Ravenous/Les Affames

I will of course.....

*crosses fingers behind back*

Colser wrote: »
    Not really trivial but when you're eating something (peanuts in this case) and they go down the wrong way..this just happened and I thought I was going to die..sitting here now and the tears are streaming down my face.What a f***ing fright..honestly thought that I was in trouble,couldn't get my breath.

Yeah right.....peanuts...of course lol lol

Yeah right.....peanuts...of course lol lol

Not even virtual peanuts ya pup 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Colser wrote:
    What a f***ing fright..honestly thought that I was in trouble,couldn't get my breath.

You gave us all a fright Colser, mind yourself girl :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I pity the fool that paid to watch the boxing tonight, time to start fooling everyone now.

Can’t find the monkentrole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Can’t find the monkentrole

Glad someone else says that too sometimes :D

TA , um , I need to rise from my perch and go to bed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Bloody hell, that movie doesn't hang about, does it? Not even three minutes in and we're off...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I wantz some Nephews and Nieces... And I don't think I'll be getting any in the near future. There is one other chance of becoming an Aunt in 15/16/17 years time, but that's a long way off yet. Have loads of other lil baby Cousins and that's nice too, but there's something special about having Nephews and Nieces.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm getting so sick and tired of every singing/talent show on TV having sob stories. I'm just watching them to see if there's actually good singers or a talent I've never seen before and 9 times out of 10 there's some story about a dead relative or whatever to tug at the viewer's heartstrings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I wantz some Nephews and Nieces... And I don't think I'll be getting any in the near future. There is one other chance of becoming an Aunt in 15/16/17 years time, but that's a long way off yet. Have loads of other lil baby Cousins and that's nice too, but there's something special about having Nephews and Nieces.. :(

Ive ten, but Im not giving u any soz!

Thanks probably trivially annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

What ages are your siblings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Need to get on the road but it's freezing, and my back is sore so I don't want to get out of bed.
    My TA is that I have to get out of bed to turn my heat on because two years into living in this house I still have not figured out the timer....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,921 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TG1 wrote:
    Need to get on the road but it's freezing, and my back is sore so I don't want to get out of bed. My TA is that I have to get out of bed to turn my heat on because two years into living in this house I still have not figured out the timer....

Started Pilates a few months ago, working wonders for my back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Wanderer78 wrote: »

That's another TA of mine, my back issues stem from a pelvis injury so Pilates are actually one of the things that has a very very high chance of actually really helping. But have I found the time to start going to classes? That's a no....
    Yet I can find the time to stay on late in work to sort the files as they aren't the way I like them.... So I a my own TA!

TG1 wrote: »
    That's another TA of mine, my back issues stem from a pelvis injury so Pilates are actually one of the things that has a very very high chance of actually really helping. But have I found the time to start going to classes? That's a no....
    Yet I can find the time to stay on late in work to sort the files as they aren't the way I like them.... So I a my own TA!

yea i still havent found a class time that truly suits me, so i ll just have to get on with it, some great stuff on youtube though in regards stretching techniques etc

I wantz some Nephews and Nieces...

They're so flippin expensive though. I have 9 and I'm like "Ok, can everyone in the family please stop having children now?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Smart arses who have to be the the first to call out April Fool thus ruining the joke for everyone else.
    Esp on fb, not one article has got past 3 comments before some one chims in with eh April Fool you idiots - Im so friggen smart!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    TG1 wrote: »

Another vote for pilates. I have a few different issues but my back is the one that's really really fucked. I have been doing one-on-one reformer sessions every Saturday morning since September and I am so much better than I was last year. Some weeks it's ROUGH and it can take me 3 or 4 days to fully recover but my mobility has improved so much since I started.

I do Pilates twice a week and it’s helped with my back but more with my head
    I hate exercise but love Pilates

Same here,it's the only class I do and I couldn't recommend it enough both for the head and the body.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jennyhayes123

Same here. Only started Pilates 4 weeks ago and finding it great. Each week I think i should be doing it on my own at home too. Still haven't tho so that can be my ta that I keep saying I will but haven't. Silly when I know I will gain from it

Same here. Only started Pilates 4 weeks ago and finding it great. Each week I think i should be doing it on my own at home too. Still haven't tho so that can be my ta that I keep saying I will but haven't. Silly when I know I will gain from it

i have included some of the stretches into my own routine but its still nice to go to the class, it challenges me more, and im still learning something each week

• Advertisement

Trying to find a nice top to wear for jeans and a nice top night

When people live their life on loans and borrowed money flaunting iphones and expensive clothes while paying the credit union half their dole

When people live their life on loans and borrowed money flaunting iphones and expensive clothes while paying the credit union half their dole

i particularly like economist bill blacks take on banking and loans, 'behind every bad borrower is a bad lender';)

Easter Bunny brought a box of Roses,there were 2 of the hazelnut sweets and one orange sweet in the box..do I sue Cadburys or the bunny for this absolute travesty?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Same as, you really have to switch off everything else and concentrate on what you're doing, great for the head.

My TA is that I scoffed my chocolate egg and now it's all gone.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement