Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People making posts out of whole cloth and getting loads of thanks for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try 1980 something

Earlier still I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Bloody shark week, literally :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When you're having a dump in an empty line of cubicles and someone comes in and settles on having a dump in the cubicle next and not any of the other empty ones further on.

It's usually some c**t who is either dehydrated or has a low fibre diet and you can hear the strain.
    Extremely antisocial behaviour, the act of a colossal pervert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Owta Control

Bloody shark week, literally :p

Rainbow kisses for all !!

TA that my child was doing so well and her stomach is in bits today...cross contamination... but can't figure out how or where :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

73Cat wrote: »
    Grayson wrote: »
    I'm bald and ever so often my plug hole is blocked with hair. And I live alone.
    It's pretty rare, maybe once a year. Still, I'm bald ffs!

Haha, that is weird!

I often pull enough hair to make a wig for a baby out of plugholes, it looks like a rat or something I am pulling out. TA that I am so weird because I absolutely love the satisfaction of doing this :)

I love doing tha. . I mean I know someone who loves that.

TA my deputy manager knows everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

lol no.

Child crying here Nextdoor for the last 20 minutes or so. She crys every day at half 5 for around 2 hours solid or feels like it anyway. She crys a lot. They only after moving in. Previous lady that was there had adult-kids and one Grandson who did stay over an odd time but he rarely kicked up a fuss. This is actually making me want to try find new place to live. :( I just can't get used to it at all. The Mother often cries in frustration/desperation too, I can sometimes hear her sobbing and screeching why won't you just go to sleep at the lil girl. And like I would love to be able to put on music to drawn out the sound, but then obviously loud music through shared walls with a young child trying to go to bed isn't the answer or solution either really! :mad::(

It sounds like the child isn't a baby and the crying is unusual for its age?
    My godchild is autistic and used to cry an awful lot for numerous reasons. I wonder if your neighbours child is, too. I think godchild was about 4 years by the time she was diagnosed and parents had no explanation for it until then. Felt so sorry for them as they worried about gardai turning up, thinking something was wrong.

TA about not knowing where to start with marketing my work. I need guidance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

made a resolution of sorts to walk more, but its been so cold wet and miserable that i cant be arsed. TA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Can't do anything in a public place in this bloody country without having someone gawking at you. Eh, I'm just putting my coat on, move along, nothing to see here.

The word "and" keeps autocorrecting to "any" in everything I write on my phone now. I don't even write the word "any" that often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The amount of gambling ads on sports channels.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND LISTEN UP!!!

Ed Sheeran got engaged.

Thank Jebus that the RTE1 News thought it was newsworthy enough to tell me. Today would have been a waste of a day if it didnt make news.

Phew....maor quality reporting please. Fcuking Ron Burgundy would spin in his grave!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!

Ed Sheeran got engaged.

Thank Jebus that the RTE1 News thought it was newsworthy enough to tell me. Today would have been a waste of a day if it didnt make news.

Phew....maor quality reporting please. Fcuking Ron Burgundy would spin in his grave!

Lot of disappointed women all over the world they're saying

I wonder if he was working down in the local chipper would this be the case ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Dial Hard wrote: »
    People making posts out of whole cloth and getting loads of thanks for them.

Say what???

I’ve nothing to be TAed about atm so TAed I can’t post :’(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

You know the little bottles of conditioner they give you with L'Oreal Casting hair dye ? They're so TAing. Half of the stuff stays in the bottle ! plus, whether you still have the plastic gloves on or not, your hands are super slippery and you can't squeeze them properly.
    https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YMLd2suACKA/UIlEfg-1iNI/AAAAAAAALYo/tCjRpG1aoEg/s1600/DSC00212-001.JPG

Also, I hope it's ok to post a video link, saw this and thought of this thread :)
    https://www.postradar.co.uk/post/Quickies-Holding-open-the-door/?id=136679

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

EVERYBODY SHUT UP!!

Ed Sheeran got engaged.

:eek: Thanks for sharing the momentous news.
    I haven't experienced a story of this earth-shattering magnitude since I read a piece reporting on how Vogue Williams really wants a puppy from her boyfriend for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

TA'd because for 2 nights in a row I've had a headache which goes through my right eye. It's agony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Moving house for the 3rd time in 12 months. Hopefully my next move will be moving country :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I fell on my way to work on Friday just at the roundabout so everyone saw. I went down on one knee and its ugly now. But the embarrassment, though I know that’s silly.
    Also, whatever way I clipped my nails last week they’re full of those bitty bits down the side that are sore as hell and i keep biting them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

TA , I farted in the hallway as I was leaving my house , realised I had left my phone in the kitchen and had to walk back in and out through my fart fumes.

So the missus and I went out on a date night tonight. Got home and she was feeling a bit funny in the taxi. I went to the loo and when I came back she'd managed to puke all over the landing and our bedroom floor, as well as on our bed and the duvet. I managed to clean it up but she kept puking in the bucket I gave her and in the bathroom so I gave her some water and motilium and propped her up in the spare room. I'm currently making sure she's still breathing. Great date night :p No more wine and beer for her!

• Advertisement

I feel like crap!

Can’t sleep watching The Commuter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭4Ad

Wide awake..listening to the rain.
    Going for a bowl of porridge at 04.30.
    It's gone beyond a joke this sleepless craic !
    Stress and a touch of anxiety alot to blame..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Welcome to sleepless~R~us, pull up a chair and let your thoughts seize control of your peace...

Ta'ed when people in authority make your life more complicated, simply to make theirs easier... and make it sound like it's only fair, and compliance is mandatory.

Can feel this head cold setting in. My eyes are sore and my head is fuzzy.

No Limerick for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

TA'ed that the Nespresso night store on the Champs Elysees is "Temporally out of service" and on a Sunday they don't open until 30 minutes after I leave for the airport.

People who are just fúcking barbarians on the manners front. This morning, for instance, this ill-bred cúnt at my table managed to butter his toast and to then put his unused butter riddled with toast pieces back on top of the clean butter in the main butter dish so that we all could share a bit of his preferred breakfast. I haven't seen that done by an adult in 20 years.

He then proceeded to take food from the common bowl. He picked up two sausages with his hands, decided he didn't like them, put them back down with his hands and picked up another 3 with his hands. 5 seconds later he decided he didn't want them either so he picked them up with his hands and put them back in the common bowl. He then went for the rashers. Picked them up with his hands, separated them and put the ones he didn't want back down with his hands. How the fúck can people like that reach adulthood untouched by basic hygiene awareness and manners?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just pray he washed his hands after using the loo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Why is it always wind and rain for the whole weekend then more settled weather during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Supermarkets that sell carrots by the (large) bag. I just want one single carrot, don't need to be feeding Bugs Bunny and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The fact that sometimes it is so difficult to get the dispenser part operating on a new bottle of hand soap, that it is faster to transfer the soap in to the old dispenser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

How the fúck can people like that reach adulthood untouched by basic hygiene awareness and manners?

I think the same about fellas that piss all over the toilet seats in work. First of all, to not lift up the seat and proceed to piss all over it is disgusting. But to leave it there and expect someone else to clean up your piss before they can use the toilet is just so lacking in respect, manners and basic civilised behaviour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I think the same about fellas that piss all over the toilet seats in work. First of all, to not lift up the seat and proceed to piss all over it is disgusting. But to leave it there and expect someone else to clean up your piss before they can use the toilet is just so lacking in respect, manners and basic civilised behaviour.

I'm always surprised at the number of people which expect others to clean up their mess.

My gym is the leisure centre of a hotel. Every time I go there. EVERY TIME, there are small shampoo and shower gel bottles on the floor of the showers which people have brought from their room and leave for someone else to clean up.

They can't even be bothered to bring them in to the changing room and drop them in one of the 2 bins. This is absolutely an annoyance of mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Some horses were taken from an unsuitable area yesterday, 2 of these horses had been killed by traffic on the road in 2 days.
    The number of people carping in general about this, let alone that a charity had to do it and take on board all the expense and potential hassle.
    * I get ppl are annoyed that they "govt" didn't sort it, and that they didn't get all the horses.
    TA ppl have to quibble even when a good thing happens.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm always surprised at the number of people which expect others to clean up their mess.

My asshole brother is one of those people!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

I’ve recently dipped my toes back in to the horrors of online dating. Here are my list of trivial annoyances about it so far:

Grown women using duck pouts and instagram filters with dog noses.

Breathlessly proclaiming they don’t have a TV. Which sounds dreadful, but is also one of these things that people who do seem to have to tell you about.

Repeal the 8th badges and jumpers in profile pics. Nothing says ‘I’d like to date and see if you might eventually become my lover and partner’ more than mental images of abortion. What a turn on. Not.

Not a fantastic day. Tolerance level is low. Someone on Facebook persistently typing ''off'' instead of ''of''. It is one of the most grating spelling mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not a fantastic day. Tolerance level is low. Someone on Facebook persistently typing ''off'' instead of ''of''. It is one of the most grating spelling mistakes.

Theirs nothing worse, is they're.

I don't 'no' ;) He's from Newcastle and also says Worr Kid.

God I'm so incredibly fecked off now :D I hate nearly everyone today.

Up t'north have their own speek.

TA that I would like a snooze now, but will fekk me up for tonight if i do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A bird in the hand, and all that, Ted - take your sleeps when you can, 'cause you never know when/how the next one will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Can feel this head cold setting in. My eyes are sore and my head is fuzzy.

No Limerick for me :(

Not on my watch!

There once was a poster called nollagshona
    Who was a little bit of a primadonna
    About not getting to go away
    In bed she had to stay
    They said 'don't complain' but she's gonna :)

New Home wrote: »
    A bird in the hand, and all that, Ted - take your sleeps when you can, 'cause you never know when/how the next one will be.

If I had a bird in my hand, I would be talking to it, so no sleep then.

Have a dose of the fear today, can't shake the feeling of loneliness and sadness.

Have a dose of the fear today, can't shake the feeling of loneliness and sadness.

Sending good vibes your way from Cork LadyB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I feel miserable and let down by everyone :(

I feel miserable and let down by everyone :(

you have us on here :)

Today is a sh*te day all round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

tummy cramps, they are the worst :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Shaking handheld cameras on TV and Film. It's seems to be becoming more prevalent lately.

I blame "the Blair witch project".

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement