Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

erica74 wrote: »
    This makes me so angry!
    I haven't gone to the cinema in over a year (I think) because I'm just so sick of people ruining the experience. Literally every time you go there's muppets talking, messing, playing with their phones.
    For 2 people the cinema costs around €30-€40, depending on what night you go and what food you get.
    Now, I don't know about anybody else but I definitely don't have €30-€40 to throw around willy nilly so when I go to the cinema, I want to get my money's worth! But there seems to be a huge amount of people who want to pay €30-€40 to sit in a dark room, watch about 45 minutes of a film and spend the rest of their time messing on their phone and chatting to their muppet friends.
    Why do you need to use Facebook/Instagram/snapchat during the film? Why are you taking a phone call during the film?
    There's nothing worse than having the light of someone's phone constantly catching your eye (because you're in a dark room!) while you're trying to watch a film.
    And, to be honest, I hate having to get up and tell someone to stop acting the muppet because you lose about 30 minutes of the film, you spend about 10-15 minutes being distracted by the muppet, trying to decide if you're going to say something, then you use up another 10-15 minutes when you go over and say something and the person is usually an absolute asshole so when you sit back down, you're distracted by your anger, then you return your attention to the film not knowing what's going on.

Another thing that annoys me is when you go out to the staff and explain what's going on, they stick their head in 5 minutes later, everyone is behaving themselves and as soon as the employee leaves, they start acting the dick again. Are they not supposed to poke their heads in regularly to ensure nobody is acting the dick?!

Anyway, sorry, mega rant there, clearly a sore topic for me :pac:

Have to totally agree with you on this. Jeez, I welcome the couple of hours away from phone, chatting & try to lose myself in whatever I'm watching. Went to see Isle of Dogs on Sunday and there were a few kids at it who were all far better behaved than those two yokes! I did end up letting the manager know afterwards and they comped me a cinema ticket which was nice anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

The cold persists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Ulcer on the roof of my mouth. Everything hurts. Can't enjoy my chocolate at all..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stupid work *grumblegrumblegrumble* trivially annoyed by literally everything this morning.

I hear ya, still in my funk from last night, stupid guessing game program :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My back is so sore from this kidney infection. I always end up sick during the holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I've been writing about the place of "attitude" in the new workforce all weekend, a topic I'm particularly passionate about.
    For various reason's Ive not given my bedroom a good clean in ages and ages and ages, as I'm allergic to dust I bought a package of dust masks. Sib who is fixated on hoovering at the same time each week, makes a smart comment about why I hadn't hoovered the dust up before now/why I hadn't done it before/why I needed the masks, in a snarky tone.
    Annoying as it stands, but worse when I've been submerged in such positivity all weekend.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Jaysis, 7 months??? I know how I'd be feeling if that was a friend of mine and it wouldn't be jealous. Chin up SB.

I think that's exactly why I feel so resentful, in my irrational head its my turn, so she should have to wait a few years. There's no sense to it!

Today's TA, accidentally said hi to someone I hate this morning, need to start wearing my glasses more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Received a message at work today which included the immortal prose "when we seen ... we should of ... we are excepting the application from ..." This from someone who is involved in recruitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Received a message at work today which included the immortal prose "when we seen ... we should of ... we are excepting the application from ..." This from someone who is involved in recruitment.

You must work in my office.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Getting a nose camera Thursday, TA at my fear of this kinda thing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

This makes me so angry!
    I haven't gone to the cinema in over a year (I think) because I'm just so sick of people ruining the experience. Literally every time you go there's muppets talking, messing, playing with their phones.
    For 2 people the cinema costs around €30-€40, depending on what night you go and what food you get.
    Now, I don't know about anybody else but I definitely don't have €30-€40 to throw around willy nilly so when I go to the cinema, I want to get my money's worth! But there seems to be a huge amount of people who want to pay €30-€40 to sit in a dark room, watch about 45 minutes of a film and spend the rest of their time messing on their phone and chatting to their muppet friends.
    Why do you need to use Facebook/Instagram/snapchat during the film? Why are you taking a phone call during the film?
    There's nothing worse than having the light of someone's phone constantly catching your eye (because you're in a dark room!) while you're trying to watch a film.
    And, to be honest, I hate having to get up and tell someone to stop acting the muppet because you lose about 30 minutes of the film, you spend about 10-15 minutes being distracted by the muppet, trying to decide if you're going to say something, then you use up another 10-15 minutes when you go over and say something and the person is usually an absolute asshole so when you sit back down, you're distracted by your anger, then you return your attention to the film not knowing what's going on.

Another thing that annoys me is when you go out to the staff and explain what's going on, they stick their head in 5 minutes later, everyone is behaving themselves and as soon as the employee leaves, they start acting the dick again. Are they not supposed to poke their heads in regularly to ensure nobody is acting the dick?!

Anyway, sorry, mega rant there, clearly a sore topic for me :pac:
    chuck.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I bet you nearly reverted back to them. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

chuck.jpg

*bows*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Olives. I hate them unconditionally.
    But managed to accidentally eat one in a salad today.
    Can't wash the taste out of my mouth or memory. Gross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

After getting a connect invite on LinkedIn, I wish there was an option to reply with "Go F*ck Yourself".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

After getting a connect invite on LinkedIn, I wish there was an option to reply with "Go F*ck Yourself".

Get them a couple times a month, "Hi Ted, we have a new role after opening open ... blah .... blah ... blah."

Starting to run out of polite ways of saying thanks for considering me, but not for me at this time.

I don't want to burn any potential bridges that I may need down the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I bet you nearly reverted back to them. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

When you watch a film at night and you are tired, the film is quite crap and you want to go to bed but you tell yourself 'hang on a while, it might get better soon' so you stay up. It doesn't get any better. The next morning you feel like crap trying to get out of bed all for the sake of a rubbish film.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭trellheim

People greenlighting stuff at the likes of Amazon and Netflix. I'm pretty sure I have the minutes of the meetings worked out.

"I saw a TV show/film/read a book/comic book once."
    "Perfect, let's order it to series! How much?"
    "Say... $10 million an episode?"
    "Perfect! $40 million an episode it is!"

South Park took the mickey out of this behaviour something awful recently , last season was back on top form

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPfCuga5NE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lodged money into BOI LATM this eve, (couldn't do it yesterday as it was out of order!) money still not in my account, BOI Twitter saying it could be tomorrow! Aaargh

• Advertisement

1. When you look at your phone and realise you just rang somebody you don't want to ring, and haven't rang in years, but know you better not remove their number from your phone or else you might answer a call from their then anonymous number at some stage.

2. Dark clothes. What is it with the vast majority of shops in Ireland that they choose all these dark, puritan colours? Browns, greys, navys and blacks - and, no, black doesn't make you look "slimming"; at this stage, if you're wearing black it probably means you're fat and trying to hide it. Bright but strong colours - orange, yellow, blues - would be a refreshing break in Ireland.

3. Self-described "designers" - I think I'd gladly push about 95% of them off a cliff. I paid a mere €35 for a self-declared "designer" in one of the best-known design/print stationary shops to design something small but sentimental - expecting that they might have technical knowledge or a design programme or experience that would make it worthwhile. What they came back with I could easily have done myself in WORD, Paint or numerous other programmes. It's as if they're stuck in about 1993, ignoring all the online applications available to us in 2018 to do what was "technically skilled" in 1993 and depending on old or computer illiterate people to keep that side of their business going.

"Interior designer" - just what exactly is your qualification, for how many years did you study for it and where is your website and detailed portfolio of work? I've met so many of these particular chances in the past year of house building. After a few hours on Pinterest I could probably describe myself as an "interior designer", put on a peculiar intonation and feign strong, passionate views about all sorts of rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Woke a few times during the night with a headache... hoped it would be gone this morn... Nah... bugger!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I started to get a toothache last night,it's not too bad and didn't keep me awake just a dull ache,I know that I should get it looked at asap but I'm terrified of going to the dentist..why hasn't painless dentistry been invented at this stage ffs,also my dentist is very businesslike and there's no real empathy she just goes for it and I need TLC when I'm shaking with nerves on that chair.I wish there was an option to get a full anaesthetic before the torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Colser wrote: »
    I started to get a toothache last night,it's not too bad and didn't keep me awake just a dull ache,I know that I should get it looked at asap but I'm terrified of going to the dentist..why hasn't painless dentistry been invented at this stage ffs,also my dentist is very businesslike and there's no real empathy she just goes for it and I need TLC when I'm shaking with nerves on that chair.I wish there was an option to get a full anaesthetic before the torture.

Are you in Cork city? I have a really really nice dentist if that would be of any help.

northgirl wrote: »
    Are you in Cork city? I have a really really nice dentist if that would be of any help.

Thanks northgirl,I'll probably stick with my usual because she's only a 5 minute walk away,I just dread the thought of it not to mind the cost.😭

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When a pedestrian presses the button and is waiting at the crossing, the car ahead of you waves the pedestrian out onto the road to cross and the light goes orange, the car ahead of you then speeds through the orange light and you're left sitting at the red light waiting for all the invisible pedestrians to cross.
    This creates another problem with pedestrians then assuming that every car will always let them cross the road without using the pedestrian lights so then you have pedestrians walking out onto the road or standing in the middle of the road trying to cross in front of moving traffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Hard working meat-eaters that don't even lift

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Actors who decide to join the gym. :D

When you contact a company with a simple quick question and they go through a whole slew of questions - name, dob, address, etc for "Data Protection" reasons. I fully understand that data protection legislation is needed, but I just wish the person on the phone could exercise some discretion about whether all these questions are necessary given the query.

For instance, I went on to the chat section of my mobile phone network's website to ask are they giving my private number to a company called "Voucherdaily.com" which is now sending me SMS "photo messages" to do surveys for Not-So-Super-Valu and the apartheid supporters in Dunnes. This page. There is no link in each "photo message" to unsubscribe, which I sense is illegal, so it's annoying me that they are getting away with this.

In this context you don't need to give me an inquisition before answering the question. A quick yes/no will suffice.

• Advertisement

Thanks northgirl,I'll probably stick with my usual because she's only a 5 minute walk away,I just dread the thought of it not to mind the cost.

Claim the tax back - on everything. You can go back 4 years with medical expenses, and it's always worth while ringing Revenue to see if they owe you money.

Med1 form from Revenue: Med 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Claim the tax back - on everything. You can go back 4 years with medical expenses, and it's always worth while ringing Revenue to see if they owe you money.

Edit: Deleted cause I figured it out myself. This will definitely TA people, sorry!

Would you believe that I have never claimed anything back,they have even written to me twice recently reminding me of this ,I really am my own biggest TA at times,it's ridiculous .

Thanks northgirl,I'll probably stick with my usual because she's only a 5 minute walk away,I just dread the thought of it not to mind the cost.😭

She meant gifted... he'll dose you up ..and then drop the hand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

TA today...people who constantly moan. They'd just drag you down, if you let them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

When you contact a company via their email address. You ask them your questions and say that you'd appreciate an email reply. Then you get an email returned with a phone number so you can ring with your queries.

If you can't handle email enquiries then don't say on your website "contact us via <phone number> or <email address> with any queries". I spent enough time typing my queries, I don't want to have to rehash them via phone call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Facebook.

I've often thought their suggested pages to Like because "Friend X, Friend Y, Friend Z like IBM" or some ridiculous page that those people will never like.

They released the new feature of being able to send a meme or video to someone in Messenger rather than tag the person on it. They first asked if I wanted to do that, "no" says I, then asked another time, same answer from me. Today they decided to "auto enable" the feature.

They definitely listen too, I have the mic turned off, last night I was in the car with the wife, Adele comes on the radio. I asked if she remembered the video where Adele herself entered the lookalike competition. Today, video 2 (after the video I tagged someone in) is the video of her in that competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA today...people who constantly moan. They'd just drag you down, if you let them.

Agreed. I had the misfortune to run into such a person earlier. "I had to go to the doctor......" like I want to hear all that crap. I'm feeling rotten myself for the past two weeks but I'm not going round whinging. Except on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Jeremy Kyle, he's very shouty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Messing up at the end of a perfect run in Mario Kart, whether it's a time trial or a grand prix.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

5 weeks into recovery from broken ribs I'm at the point where I can finally function without pain meds. Could even do a few situps last night without hurting too badly.

But now I'd think I've a bloody chest infection (common side effect of a rib injury)

It never seems to end. All I want to do is just get back out training.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Torn ligament in foot . How long does it blessed well take to heal ? Its taking forever .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

iamwhoiam wrote:
    Torn ligament in foot . How long does it blessed well take to heal ? Its taking forever .

Oh god love ya, you'd be quicker healing a break than a tear :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’ve just spent the last hour trying to remove a clogged poop from my dog’s behind.

He’s traumatised. I’m traumatised.
    Neither of us are ready to look one another in the eyes yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I’ve just spent the last hour trying to remove a clogged poop from my dog’s behind.

Why didn't you just scare it out of him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i think we are all traumatised after reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

madmaggie wrote: »
    Agreed. I had the misfortune to run into such a person earlier. "I had to go to the doctor......" like I want to hear all that crap. I'm feeling rotten myself for the past two weeks but I'm not going round whinging. Except on Boards!

I try to avoid moaners at all costs. They really drain you. This thread is super. You come on moan about something and get on with your day.

TA'd at the never ending winter. I have another cold and this time with added bonus of blocked up ears. When will it end?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Jesus. Wish I had not read that before dinner!

That said, when our kid was a baby he pooed during a bath. Cleaning that up was something that will live with me for ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hehe sorry :D just sharing the trauma yaknow?! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks to my dodgy stomach it's boiled chicken for dinner.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Thanks to my dodgy stomach it's boiled chicken for dinner.

Was that after electro and her poo-pooch story?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement