Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Was that after electro and her poo-pooch story?

TA I didn't post that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Just been to the dentist. Had a root cleaning on one side of my mouth and now it feels like all my teeth are loose.
    And she scared the crap out of me by saying if I don’t quit smiking and start flossing there won’t be any teeth to clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Messing up at the end of a perfect run in Mario Kart, whether it's a time trial or a grand prix.
    When you finish in first place and let off the throttle or do my favouite, a celebratory handbrake turn over the finish line. It soon becomes clear that there is actually another lap left and everyone has flown by you :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Whispered wrote: »
    yeah, that's a major annoyance of mine too. It is ridiculous really.
    Just been to the dentist. Had a root cleaning on one side of my mouth and now it feels like all my teeth are loose.
    And she scared the crap out of me by saying if I don’t quit smiking and start flossing there won’t be any teeth to clean!

Wasn't there a bit of controversy about flossing ? (ie it's not really recommended)

I'm TA that I'm procrastinating some jobs I have to do because, reasons. One of these jobs is organizing a freaking mass, and I never go to mass, and on the rare occasions I do, I just look at the pretty windows and paraphernalia. Mr M was supposed to do that job but he can't, and now I'm supposed to tackle this flipping puzzle. Seriously.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I’ve just spent the last hour trying to remove a clogged poop from my dog’s behind.

He’s traumatised. I’m traumatised.
    Neither of us are ready to look one another in the eyes yet.

Ohhh dear...

svomit_100-106.gif?w=150&h=77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ohhh dear...

svomit_100-106.gif?w=150&h=77

I had just managed to wipe that post from my memory, thanks for quoting. Mr Cat-Gif.

:P

Whispered wrote: »
    yeah, that's a major annoyance of mine too. It is ridiculous really.

Wasn't there a bit of controversy about flossing ? (ie it's not really recommended)

I'm TA that I'm procrastinating some jobs I have to do because, reasons. One of these jobs is organizing a freaking mass, and I never go to mass, and on the rare occasions I do, I just look at the pretty windows and paraphernalia. Mr M was supposed to do that job but he can't, and now I'm supposed to tackle this flipping puzzle. Seriously.

Ooh i don’t know, might look it up.
    They (well, the hygienist) was a bit panic stricken that there was no flossing. Maybe that’s just the way they act. Everything was fine with the dentist.
    TA that eating dinner was something of an experience. If I’d gone early in the day the numbness and pain would be gone now. But I’m not a morning fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Stabbed myself under my nail with a stapler today. Bled all over a file I then had to recopy so I was only handing my manager photocopied bloodstains as apposed to actual blood stains, and my thumb has been killing me since. Very trivial but very annoying!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I had just managed to wipe that post from my memory, thanks for quoting. Mr Cat-Gif.

Sorry for puking on you tedo :3

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TG1 wrote: »
    Stabbed myself under my nail with a stapler today. Bled all over a file I then had to recopy so I was only handing my manager photocopied bloodstains as apposed to actual blood stains, and my thumb has been killing me since. Very trivial but very annoying!

That hurts so much!! I empathise!! I did the same years ago with the pointy end of one of these. If I think about it, I still feel the electric shock of sharp pain running up my arm.

921859.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I have psoriatic arthritis and one of the side effects is my nails rotting off :(
    They start from the bottom and it starts to grow out...on 1 side
    ... can you imagine what happens when you put your hand into a tight jeans pocket and you rip it out very quickly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have recently been told I’ve psoriatic arthritis too and didn’t know our nails rot off
    I’m traumatized

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Most trivial TA of mine to date.. Got major chop in hairdressers last week.. Like close to waist length to shoulder length.. And on second wash since I have the hang of blow-drying it to a nice style.. Only to go to bed now to sleep on it. 100% chance I'll wake up with bed hair..
    TA'd that I HATE washing my hair in the morning.. At least then I'd have a days wear to show off said perfectly blow dried hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I have recently been told I’ve psoriatic arthritis too and didn’t know our nails rot off
    I’m traumatized

They don't always. Mine split rather than rot. I get these vertical lines and then you get an indent at the top, and then the line strips off, sort of. I don't get it on all my nails thankfully, and I find if I keep them really short it avoids a lot of the symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Coldsore :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

They must enjoy scaring the life out of people. Instead of mucking about with floss (makes me want to retch just typing the word) try the little Tepe brushes, much easier, less messy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

I can't even put my bottled water in the fidge any more because I get bain feeze when I dink it... It's happening now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

At first I thought you meant to type "smiling" and I thought fuck, now we can't fucking smile! I love flossing, love it! I have crooked teeth so flossing is the only way I can get a nice clean feeling.

My TA is that last night I had planned to go back to aqua aerobics. I have back problems and found it very helpful when I did it before. So I got home from work, had a shower, did all the hair removal regiment and then had my dinner. The class was from 8 to 9 so I got in there around 7:45.
    As I was walking in, I could see ladies in the pool splashing around and I thought they look like they're doing aqua aerobics, maybe the class started early. I scooted into the changing rooms and got my gear on and headed for the pool. But as I was heading in, everyone was heading out, the class was over. So I went over to the 2 staff members who were there to ask what the story was.
    "Oh, aqua aerobics is from 7 to 8."
    "But the website says different."
    "Oh, well our Facebook page has all of the up-to-date information."
    I AM NOT FUCKING ON FUCKING FACEBOOK!! What is the point in having a website if it has different information to your Facebook page!!
    So, after being all hyped for my return to aqua aerobics, I had to go home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭gifted

PLAGERISM...... I fu cking hate when people take credit for someone else's work......worse still when they blatantly do it in front of you .......prick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Creol1

The way work e-mail software always seems defaulted to blue text. What genius thought it looked professional to send e-mails in blue text?

Also TA'd at staff who don't reset the default to black (it's not difficult). I have actually received bereavement notices in blue text; the days of announcing bereavements in black-edged letters may be gone, but can we at least have black text?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Postponed my appointment on tuesday as I'm in bed with a chest infection, it will be 2 or 3 more months now until it happens, it's an elective surgery so just gonna have to wait it out again.

TA over the counter pain meds are way too expensive and make my tummy sore. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Postponed my appointment on tuesday as I'm in bed with a chest infection, it will be 2 or 3 more months now until it happens, it's an elective surgery so just gonna have to wait it out again.

TA over the counter pain meds are way too expensive and make my tummy sore. :(

They sell Nexium OTC now, would that help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Trolly guys blocking people getting into the carriage at our stop this morning- seemed oblivious too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

PLAGERISM...... I fu cking hate when people take credit for someone else's post......worse still when they blatantly do it in front of you .......ar $e.

At least change a word or two.

erica74 wrote: »
    They sell Nexium OTC now, would that help?

I'm on some stuff already (pantium) just too much meds sometimes all at once can make me ugggh.
    I'm gonna try a puppy or kitten approach soon as in get one of each, my TA then will be everything craps. ;)

I’m traumatized

Everyone is different though, you may not get this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭JamBur

I know it's done pacifically to be a trivial annoyance, but Christ the title of this thread hurts my brain every time it crops up in the recent activity list. Well done o/p, you horrible b@st@rd

JamBur wrote: »
    I know it's done pacifically to be a trivial annoyance, but Christ the title of this thread hurts my brain every time it crops up in the recent activity list. Well done o/p, you horrible b@st@rd

pacifically !
    That's a TA for us all I'd say :D

Having to get up when all I want is a day in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

pacifically !
    That's a TA for us all I'd say :D

I can't deal with this! I did a Masters a few years ago and a girl in my class said this all the time :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

northgirl wrote: »
    I can't deal with this! I did a Masters a few years ago and a girl in my class said this all the time :eek:

Does she eat pasghetti bolognese too !

I had a job interview (the second for the same place, of which they were down to three of us) like THREE WEEKS ago today. I emailed last week cos the wait was weirdly long, they said still no final decision yet, we’ll let you know as soon as, could be after the weekend.
    Fair enough, easter weekend and all.
    Still nothing! It’s ridiculous. I don’t have a permanent job so it makes it all the more difficult to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The flippin dog ate a half a pound of butter on me yesterday. Came home from work and the butter dish that had been full and on top of the microwave was on the counter and licked clean.

How did she even do that without knocking the dish onto the floor and smashing it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The flippin dog ate a half a pound of butter on me yesterday. Came home from work and the butter dish that had been full and on top of the microwave was on the counter and licked clean.

How did she even do that without knocking the dish onto the floor and smashing it???

Oh talking about annoying creatures robbing food. I was baking yesterday with the toddler, he was up on a chair beside me. I used 100g of sugar from a new packet, put it back in the press and turned my back for 5 seconds, turned back to find said toddler can now flipping reach into the press and had poured the rest of the bag of sugar into a frying pan full of apple peels and was busy squeezing a lemon onto it. It went everywhere and turned into glue on the counter.

So my TAs are unexpected growth spurts and ninja toddlers.

Ungrateful D1ckheads who don't acknowledge you when hold the door open for them and let them pass first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I'm off sick from work today, just feel crap (not drink related) just headaches and sound and light sensitivity. My cat decided she wanted to be fed at her usual time and prodded my face until I got up and got her some fresh Felix. So I did that and opened the back door so she could go in and out as she pleased, and went back to bed.
    Half an hour later I heard squeaking and ran downstairs, sure enough she'd caught a mouse and was bringing it to me! She dropped it in the kitchen and it ran behind the washing machine, so I had to pull that out, and the cooker,plus the fridge and all the kickboards to try and catch it.
    So I pulled the kitchen apart to catch the mouse which I did eventually and put it outside where it scuttled to safety. Then I saw all the dust under everything and had to clean that, all while feeling like crap..., all of this before 8am!
    I'm trying to put the kickboards back on now and boy they're a pain. Meanwhile the cat's curled up asleep :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Ungrateful D1ckheads who don't acknowledge you when hold the door open for them and let them pass first.

So next time you see them you don't hold the door. THEN they say thanks in a sarcastic way. It happened to me! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Sitting down to start work on a time-sensitive doc, me up to 11000%,
    Pop up's on screen about how it needs to restart, updates it doesn't have space for, virus reminders/warnings and so on and on and on.....
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

F*&K OFF, TRYING TO WORK HERE.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The jax in work are a state, you'd swear it's children working not and not highly skilled, highly educated and well remunerated people.
    The cisterns are slow to refill, you're talking 90 seconds / 2 minutes tops, yet folk won't wait for it they'll just walk away leaving the contents behind. It's a vicious circle as folk flush before use and then walk away themselves.

Why, we can't have urinals and stalls is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

northgirl wrote: »

I work with a lad who uses "supposably" .. there are more but I can't think of them now cos my brain will get all annoyed :pac:

Asshume grinds my gears more than any other, there is no BLOODY H IN ASSUME

Next thread change

welcome to the league of the extraordinary elocutionists

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

My "good knee" is hurting a lot today. This annoys me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My phone updated and my keyboard is different. I only just got used to using this new phone and now I have to learn to reuse it. I hate updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Walking past a window and fix my hair briefly in the reflection. The people inside think I’m waving at them.
    Awkward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Colser wrote: »
    I started to get a toothache last night,it's not too bad and didn't keep me awake just a dull ache,I know that I should get it looked at asap but I'm terrified of going to the dentist..why hasn't painless dentistry been invented at this stage ffs,also my dentist is very businesslike and there's no real empathy she just goes for it and I need TLC when I'm shaking with nerves on that chair.I wish there was an option to get a full anaesthetic before the torture.

I was in the dentist's chair for an hour today getting fillings and the most discomfort I felt was bursting for a pee after 20 minutes despite seeing small pieces of my tooth flying out of my mouth from the drill. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones although my dentist does have a nice bed side manner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am using Google maps as a sat nav but the data signal/coverage went for about an hour today. Did not have maps downloaded for the area I was in.
    Had no idea where I was or how to get where I wanted to be.
    Too dependent on technology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Had a load of chores to do after work today and wore the WRONG shoes to be traipsing five miles around the city...my feet are actually stinging now.

Broke my neck trying to get to a hair salon which is miles further away than I thought it was, for a patch test because I'm getting it dyed on Saturday...and of course they decided to close early without warning, so now I'll have to cancel the hair appointment because I can't get it dyed without a patch test :mad: Backstards.

I've also got the beginnings of a nasty coldsore on my lip and first date in months tomorrow with a guy I used to have a thing with before my ex :(

Tis a very TA kinda day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

KatW4 wrote: »
    My phone updated and my keyboard is different. I only just got used to using this new phone and now I have to learn to reuse it. I hate updates.

My sky tv menu updated and changed today. Me no like!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

just sat down to eat my dinner and watch some tv at 9. 3 phone calls and herself with 2 questions . dinner finished and tv over then nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

The television advert for "Ghost Storeis" drives me nuts.
    I guess someone wasn't taught about I before E except after C!
    It seems to only be wrong on Irish television channels?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement