Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

People who stand in areas on public transport which are intended for wheelchairs or buggies and then get arsey when people with wheelchairs or buggies want to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Dublin airport arrivals . The doors open and people arrive out , they spot their family who have come to pick them up running towrds them . They then stop dead plonk in the doorway blocking the exit to hug , kiss , sqeel and cry . Meantime the people behind stumble into them , try manouver around them and cause more pile ups
    Move to the bloody side to do the hugging and kissing for heavens sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

Ultimate TA, when someone in front of you is walking slowly but not quite slow enough to pass them out swiftly and easily. So you sort of end up side-by-side for an awkward few seconds as you try to jostle passed them without aggressively picking up your pace.

It's a daily TA in central London rush hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bought a bag of celebrations Easter mix as they were reduced....

It's 50% bounty's. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

That bloody wind, the sound of it is getting on my nerves. I thought the window was coming in at one stage.

KatW4 wrote: »
    My phone updated and my keyboard is different. I only just got used to using this new phone and now I have to learn to reuse it. I hate updates.

I'm no genius at phones, but could you restore it to the factory setting? I expect others on here will be able to give much better advice. TA "smartphone" is an oxymoron in my case. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Got provisionally bad news from my doctor today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

madmaggie wrote:
    I'm no genius at phones, but could you restore it to the factory setting? I expect others on here will be able to give much better advice. TA "smartphone" is an oxymoron in my case.

Knowing me, I would delete everything on my phone doing that!

TA: My greediness. Ate a huge dinner and then like 3 hours later had a Supermacs. I have problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Got provisionally bad news from my doctor today :(

Hope it's not too serious, health issues are a major annoyance never mind trivial keep positive it's hard to do sometimes when stuff keeps coming at you, believe me I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Meeting up with a friend at their house. Arrive on time to the friend on the phone to another friend. Leaving me standing in their kitchen for well over 25 minutes. Major annoyance is meeting a friend in person but them being glued to their phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

That's what a factory reset is! :):):)

JCX BXC wrote: »
    That's what a factory reset is! :):):)

Oh sh*t. TA at own potentially dangerous stupidity. Keeping the gob shut now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

TA: My greediness. Ate a huge dinner and then like 3 hours later had a Supermacs. I have problems.

If you're using the stock keyboard that comes with your phone, you're always going to have that issue.
    If you have time to play around, download SwiftKey or Google keyboard from the playstore...the first one is great for people with fast fingers...you can trace the words on the keyboard without lifting your finger...and it "learns" as you go along
    I prefer the other choice...it's a normal keyboard..well laid out... doesn't change and is easy to use... everytime I get a new phone it's the first download

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I got soaked on the way into my course and umbrella wouldn't work :eek:

Mother fu**** :mad:

Its allowed you're on holidays ;)

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH :p:p:p

TA at Loose, it is lose you are not loosening something rather you are losing it like I am at this awful awful mistake made 40,000 times a minute worldwide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who are surprised by the Conor McGregor incident. Mouthy knacker engages in scumbag behaviour shocker.

TA that I am stupid! Thanks for all the suggestions and help with the keyboard problem!

TA that I am stupid! Thanks for all the suggestions and help with the keyboard problem!

Sorry I offered rubbish advice. I'll go back and hide under my rock!

madmaggie wrote:
    Sorry I offered rubbish advice. I'll go back and hide under my rock!

Not rubbish at all! Thanks for the suggestion :)

I'm TA'd again at how much I've eaten. 2 sausages, 2 fried eggs and some white pudding. And if that wasn't enough, I've eaten half a bag of Randoms. Now I'm lying down feeling very very very sick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Trying to write an essay and forgetting all the words.
    Also can the next iPhone update remember all my swear words please. Having to type them in manually each time is a TA. Never have I ever used the word “ducking”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

TAd that I got my back adjusted this morning (osteopath).. That's not my TA as such.. My Ta is the impending tiredness and grumpiness that comes after seeing him..

P. S. Few posts back but Pilates is wonderful! Class starts up again next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

People from certain parts of the south of Ireland saying " he have".
    I heard a woman on the radio saying " My son have his own business". I have heard people say " he have" loads of times and it annoys me.
    Did they not learn grammar at all in their Primary Schools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

PPl who offer to be a shoulder for me to cry on, who don't seem to have learned that it's the small repetitive annoyances that cause trouble in long-term relationships. Prompting them to tell me I shouldn't be annoyed at just such behavior when its happened for the squillionant time. tatata

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

when a colleague sends me an email, (which I don't look at immediately to keep a state of flow going with my current task at hand) and them promptly calls over to me in person (interrupting me) to inform me that they've sent me the email and proceed to waffle on about its contents.....FFS SAKE YOUR DUPLICATING YOUR COMMUNICATION. JESUS H.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    when a colleague sends me an email, (which I don't look at immediately to keep a state of flow going with my current task at hand) and them promptly calls over to me in person (interrupting me) to inform me that they've sent me the email and proceed to waffle on about its contents.....FFS SAKE YOUR DUPLICATING YOUR COMMUNICATION. JESUS H.

My constant TA is the people that you HAVE TO do this to (most of them in my place these days). You'll never get a response to an email or the reminders. And if you care go talk to them directly you're told to send an email. Only possibility of success is the 2 pronged attack.
    Arg

Not saying you're one of them Tom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Only halfway through loading a full trolley of groceries onto the belt in Tesco today when some battleaxe behind me gets the divider, pushes it right up to my groceries, and starts unloading her own trolley.:confused:

I turn around and say "Excuse me, I'm not finished...." to which I just get ignored and she continues unloading. So I have to pile my groceries at a stupidly high level. She was a woman probably my mothers age, so without wanting to cause a scene I just had to hold my tongue and mutter "stupid ****ing c**t" as I left the till.

People from certain parts of the south of Ireland saying " he have".
    I heard a woman on the radio saying " My son have his own business". I have heard people say " he have" loads of times and it annoys me.
    Did they not learn grammar at all in their Primary Schools.

Course they dided

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ta that despite knowing better and being disgusted at his actions, I like mcgregor as much as ever. I think it’s the big scaldy accent and the hint of asshole that intrigues me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Course they dided

He have doneit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,868 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A column written in the local paper by a gay male feminist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Our manager insists our weekly team meeting is 4pm every Friday

Why?? Lousy time for a meeting. Everyone would rather be getting stuff done and out the door on time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

card was initally declined at the self service as id used contactless too many times,cue ''card not accepted'' nice and loud for everyone to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Got a paper cut earlier I had forgotten about it until I washed my hands.

Also selfish drivers who decide to turn even though the lights say only cars going straight can go. The reason it's not green to turn at the junction is because it's green for pedestrians to cross.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

Talking about cars.....drivers that don't turn off indicators after turning

Much more than a TA... but that German girl Inga Hauser was soooo pretty, whole life ahead of her....and then to be murdered in Ireland while backpacking..it's just too sad...
    Looks like they may have caught her killer though...some little comfort for the family

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

TA'd that my 3 month old is after getting the gloopy, clatty, sticky eye that i had during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Every week there is some form of crisis at 4:30 on a Friday.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Ta that despite knowing better and being disgusted at his actions, I like mcgregor as much as ever. I think it’s the big scaldy accent and the hint of asshole that intrigues me

I think it's smashing the windows that you like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm TA'd that all his bullshiite is on my twitter timeline, I couldn't give a fook what he does and happy to avoid it all if I could. Guy is a prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I think it's smashing the windows that you like
    The only thing worse than the shovel is the dollie :D

My TA is my stupid back
    I can’t lie down
    I can’t sit
    I can’t stand
    Everything hurts but not bad enough for strong medication

• Advertisement

TA there is a way to block people on boards but not threads or even forums I know I am not alone in thinking and wanting too see way less of the horrendous titles that pop up on here from time to time.

Guess I could always delete my account and some days it comes close bloody crazy threads up now that are just nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm really TA for no particular reason at the (mostly) ladies on competitions on Facebook who basically write advertisements for the company they want to win something from ("I was in there today and I love the new range of pillows and bedlinen"), or really play the "I'm so nice and so deserving, it's my and my disabled husband's anniversary soon" card, and sprinkle their comments with strings of flowery smileys, when all that is required is to like and share.

Actually, I don't see the point of typing "liked and shared" either ffs.

And "PM sent"too. Surely whoever you sent that PM to will know when they get it.

Sorry. Grumpy tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,657 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just when you thought Carpool Karaoke was the worst thing you had seen.

safe_image.php?d=AQCzMPTju0rfBmpH&w=476&h=249&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thepoke.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2018%2F04%2Fslack-imgs.com_.jpeg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&sx=0&sy=13&sw=1024&sh=536&_nc_hash=AQDrT5zScZoMKQkV

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

the migraine 'hangover', still feel rough:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

T.a.'d that we can't all think the same sometimes! Because I personally think that James Corden isn't half bad at the oule singing at all... :):o :eek:

T.a.'d that we can't all think the same sometimes! Because I personally think that James Corden isn't half bad at the oule singing at all... :):o :eek:

He's actually quite a good range...he can bang out a tune with all his guests, no matter whether style they sing.
    He gets some stick, but he's actually a very witty guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yeah I didn't thank because I like James Corden too, I want him to be my best friend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Left my earphones behind this evening and now have none for my run in the morning... argh! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

northgirl wrote: »
    Left my earphones behind this evening and now have none for my run in the morning... argh! :(

That is a major TA I feel you pain
    I just can't do a run without my earphones.......need those tunes to get me through :(

• Advertisement

That headache you get after you've been crying is a horrible TA.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement