Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

When someone is pacing back and forth in front of me at a bus stop or train station platform. It's particularly irritating if they're closer than arms-length and/or they stop momentarily in front of me.

I find it so annoying I have move away from them. Either that or push them out into the traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

TG1 wrote: »
    Bought a bag of celebrations Easter mix as they were reduced....

It's 50% bounty's. :(

Should be in the TH thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

TA there is a way to block people on boards but not threads or even forums I know I am not alone in thinking and wanting too see way less of the horrendous titles that pop up on here from time to time.

Guess I could always delete my account and some days it comes close bloody crazy threads up now that are just nonsense.

The best thing I ever discovered is that when you block someone, if you're using the touch site, they completely disappear. None of this "this message is hidden" BS, they have disappeared. It's seriously excellent. However, yes, I do agree about blocking whole forums or even particularly popular annoying threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Was feeling a bit tired and a bit ropey yesterday. Woke up this morning with a proper head cold, struggling to breathe. I gaurentee I will be just starting to feel human again by Monday morning. TA'd that my immune system doesn't understand weekends vs weekdays...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Too many to mention at the moment.
    I will say something, people in general are absolute cúnts for letting you down.

• Advertisement

One of my dogs is old, deaf, slow, overweight etc, she farts a lot. I would very often text someone or post somewhere that she has just farted or something to that effect and still, after all this time, my phone autocorrects to "darted". NO NO NO, MY DOG DIDN'T ****ING DART OR DARTED, SHE FARTED AND I THINK I MIGHT DIE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

kfallon wrote: »
    Too many to mention at the moment.
    I will say something, people in general are absolute cúnts for letting you down.

Agreed. Very trivial and actually don't care but mentioned to a friend of mine I was going to the cinema tonight the other day. He more or less invited himself along which I had no problem with but said let me know so I can book tickets. Hear nothing that evening so knowing what's coming decide to just book my own seat anyway. 2 days later I get a bit long rambling text about how he's going to a 50th and can't make it... Like I don't care but just say one way or the other. Feckin' glad I'm going on my own now tbh...

northgirl wrote: »
    Agreed. Very trivial and actually don't care but mentioned to a friend of mine I was going to the cinema tonight the other day. He more or less invited himself along which I had no problem with but said let me know so I can book tickets. Hear nothing that evening so knowing what's coming decide to just book my own seat anyway. 2 days later I get a bit long rambling text about how he's going to a 50th and can't make it... Like I don't care but just say one way or the other. Feckin' glad I'm going on my own now tbh...

I had this with a friend about a holiday once. She kept talking about and saying how excited she was to go it but would never actually commit to dates...
    I booked a holiday without her and said nothing. In May (we were supposed to be going some time in June) I got, oh I'm so broke I can't go on holidays. I knew from about February she wasn't going but will never ever understand why she just didnt say oh I don't have the budget for two holidays and want to go to Tenerife in December so that won't work back in February rather than stringing me along for months!
    Very ta'd at the time and now your post has me ta'd all over again! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Text from former school mate asking if I would be attending retirement function for "Mr ........ he thought us English". He didn't, he knew very well we were Irish.

Text from former school mate asking if I would be attending retirement function for "Mr ........ he thought us English". He didn't, he knew very well we were Irish.

He taught ye badly is what he taught ye :pac:

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »

You know they are the worst kind of scenarios, you even know before it's happened what's coming and how it will play out. And then when it happens just as you expect, you get more upset and angry. Do people think we are idiots?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I'm too lazy to make anything nice like omelette with feta cheese and tomato.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Thinly veiled "I want someone to make me breakfast" post.

My TA: The plumber said he was going to call in yesterday afternoon after 4. I'm still waiting, and not even a phone call! Why do I have to waste half of my life waiting for other people??? :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    ^^^
    Thinly veiled "I want someone to make me breakfast" post.

Ta'd by this accusation :eek::mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that the Skripals (Sailsbury poisoning victims) pets have died. The police left them in the house while they were searching & doing their tests.

Needly left in harms way.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    TA that the Skripals (Sailsbury poisoning victims) pets have died. The police left them in the house while they were searching & doing their tests.

But who would risk their life to look after them ? No one knew if the gas was on their fur .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    But who would risk their life to look after them ? No one knew if the gas was on their fur .

They could have taken them out & put them in quarantine, don't leave them there.

Were all the doctors in Hazmat style suits treating the 2.

Because of the recent bad weather it means the horseracing today is woeful, either meetings are abandoned or else the racing that's on is muck. Saturdays are usually the best day so this has TA'd me.

Hey ho I'll have to keep my money in the ould 'Sky rocket' so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

TA pets left alone for nearly a month died and one other missing and the media spin it like they were poisoned too, no, no they were not they were however neglected due to their owners being poisoned but that's not news so let's make it out that the pets were poisoned too that'll sell papers.

One of the cats is missing so If the pets were poisoned that means a cat is roaming around exposed to poison perhaps exposing others to the same poison that does not compute...

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Much more than a TA... but that German girl Inga Hauser was soooo pretty, whole life ahead of her....and then to be murdered in Ireland while backpacking..it's just too sad...
    Looks like they may have caught her killer though...some little comfort for the family

Does the murder of a good looking person rank higher than that of a munter??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

TA that I have a dentist's appointment today...second time in a week, third time in a month. I only needed two fillings and a clean, but clearly that's too much to do in one appointment.

Maybe having a numb mouth and sensitive teeth will curb my unending appetite, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

I'll admit it's a lot more than a TA... but the carcrash of s thread about the poor woman who was gangraped in Prague ...I'm a prick...and freely admit it... but even that thread is making me sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having to pay rip off prices because I have no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,926 ✭✭✭gifted

Food shopping with the kids....one child insisting on pushing the trolley and bumping into everyone...another child wanting to hold the list and shouting out to everyone what's on the list....the youngest child picking up everything and and asking do we need this.....we blocking the aisle trying you sort out the chaos.....not often I say this about my kids.....but **** OFF KIDS AND LET ME ALONE FOR 20 MIN WHILE I DO THE SHOPPING.....

and breathe.....rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Hate to say it but just incessant wittering on about nothing. Family here at the moment and they just never shut up talking. It's endless! They are leaving soon and I feel guilty for saying it but I am so looking forward to a little bit of peace & quiet. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Just got sent this via FB Messenger by someone who KNOWS I have breast cancer:
    Hello, can you put a 2764.png on your wall, without comment, only a heart, then send this message to your female contacts. After putting one 2764.png on the wall of the person who sent you this message. If anyone asks why you have so many hearts on your wall do not answer. It is for women only to remember its the week of breast cancer prevention! 2764.png Check your boobies!!
    Hold your finger down on the message and hit forward.

I'm pretty upset for two reasons.

Firstly, I have terminal breast cancer. The 'boob-checking' ship has sailed for me. She might not know I'm terminal but she's knows I have the disease. I could not be more aware of my boobs what with them trying to kill me and all. And as she sent this to female contacts, that means she picked and chose who she sent it to.

Secondly, these campaigns do NOTHING. Well, that's not true, they do something: salve consciences. People feel like they are doing something. But what they are doing is as useless as a chocolate teapot. Why would secrecy be a good thing here? AND it ignores the fact most of the signs of breast cancer are as true for men as for women. So why are we excluding men exactly? I can't speak for everyone with breast cancer, but many of us with it are totally bemused by these campaigns. What about research so that we can stop people dying from this disease?

I think the thing that unnerves me the way they are making a game out of it. Cancer is brutal. Even if it's early stage, it's brutal. It's not fun. So if someone does check their boobs and find some amiss and find themselves diagnosed, they'll be submitting to treatment where they be hacked at, burned and poisoned. LOL, what larks!

I replied quite bluntly which was probably not the best move as she is both family and a nice woman. But I was upset at the reminder that the content of the message no longer applies to me anymore. So I couldn't help but reply.

Sigh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

People who are completely oblivious to the havoc they leave in their wake (think Homer and Frank Grimes, or Grimey to his friends)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

_Dara_ wrote: »

I replied quite bluntly which was probably not the best move as she is both family and a nice woman. But I was upset at the reminder that the content of the message no longer applies to me anymore. So I couldn't help but reply.
    Good for you. She might be a nice woman but these kinds of status are attention seeking at best and only serve to boost the ego of the poster. What she did was totally insensitive. I'm sorry for what you are going through. My mother died of cancer and it was really shocking what people thought was appropriate to say.

That you have to go to a post office to buy a stamp and that you have to queue up behind people paying bills, sending parcels, doing multiple transactions, instead of being able to buy from a vending machine of some description. Surely stamp vending machines could be introduced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

erica74 wrote: »
    That you have to go to a post office to buy a stamp and that you have to queue up behind people paying bills, sending parcels, doing multiple transactions, instead of being able to buy from a vending machine of some description. Surely stamp vending machines could be introduced?

or even an express lane. 1 item or less

Having to pay rip off prices because I have no choice.

This annoys me, also. My very small téigh trasna ort is to take out my credit card and deprive them of the 3-4% or whatever the business pays in commission/interchange charges to the bank/credit card provider.

On that point, Ireland's remaining monopolies annoy me. Tonight, ESB Networks who, despite having a very charming unmonopoly-like customer service, charged me €413 to connect my electricity supply when I moved the meter box from inside the house to outside - I had to pay my own electricians to do all the work; ESB just connected it. Then they wanted to charge €550 to bring an underground supply no more than 3 metres from the pole to my outside meter box. But, again, I had to pay my builder to dig the trench and do all the work; they just came in with their connection wires.

My TA: why RTÉ refuse to have the news at a set time every night. For some reason, they have it at 9:15 or 9:25 or 9 something whenever that incessant waffler Marty Whelan is on. Just have one time each night, and stick with it rather than impose the National Lottery and its enormous prizes - ha, they seem to have got smaller since 1987 - on us just to boost the ratings for those shows.

I know this is ridiculous to post after all the fuss about the cold and snow lately... But tonights TA is the heat! Cannot sleep at all, even with the windows open to get air through the house....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I discovered this thing called incels and braincels... its a little frightening and a lot creepy

TG1 wrote: »
    I know this is ridiculous to post after all the fuss about the cold and snow lately... But tonights TA is the heat! Cannot sleep at all, even with the windows open to get air through the house....

Get out! Its cold and wet here! (Not as cold as it had been, but not warm!)

erica74 wrote: »

there are stamp vending machines- but you must buy a packet! :mad:

• Advertisement

Try_harder wrote: »
    there are stamp vending machines- but you must buy a packet! :mad:

Where? I've never seen one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

erica74 wrote:
    instead of being able to buy from a vending machine of some description. Surely stamp vending machines could be introduced?

There are stamp vending machines all over the place.

Also, loads of local shops sell stamps, you don't need to go to the post office. That's the last place I'd go if I just needed to buy a stamp.
    Try_harder wrote:
    there are stamp vending machines- but you must buy a packet!

Not necessarily the case. The old fashioned ones on the wall in the post office, yes, but the newer self-contained ones in shopping centres and whatnot you can print as few or as many as you like. I used to work for the company that makes them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You can also order them online directly from An Post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

Ta'd I'm too lazy to make anything nice like omelette with feta cheese and tomato.

Omelettes are the easiest non junk food to make at home. Like just fcuk some eggs and stuff in a pan with butter and stir it up until it's cooked.

I eat way to many eggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

New Home wrote: »
    You can also order them online directly from An Post.

do you have to pay postage

• Advertisement

I think so, I'm not sure if they've set up another option to print them (I know they used to do that in the UK, and maybe Germany, too, IIRC).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Earlier today's rant.

So my own mother has put the heart as her status. My mother who:

a) has had early-stage breast cancer herself
    b) will lose her youngest-born to the disease in a few short years

My head
    > brick wall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, loads of local shops sell stamps, you don't need to go to the post office. That's the last place I'd go if I just needed to buy a stamp.

None of the shops I frequent (ie relatively local) sell stamps, all of these shops have replied they don't anymore as An Post is too greedy and it's not worth their while selling them.

My TA is the fact that I still don't feel I got used to the new time. I'm way too awake at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The ad for Albuferia with the beautiful blue sky and pristine beach that keeps appearing on my Boards page.
    TA that I can't afford a sun break at the minute and it's making me jealous looking at it.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Down the gym on a Sunday morning

The gym is quite small and there are only two benches.

A guy put his towel over one and then chatted to his buddy at the other side of the gym for 15 minutes. Pure ignorance but it gets worse

The two fit bros went to the benches and “reserved” them with towels and stood around chatting. Not one weight was lifted

I went to the showers, sauna, showers again, got changed and when i walked out 20 minutes later they were still standing around chatting

:rolleyes: you’d get less gossiping in the post office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was in the WORST mood ever yesterday. Stomped up to bed like "Fcuk you, world", but thinking I'd be grand today.

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's hard being a girl.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    There are stamp vending machines all over the place.

Not necessarily the case. The old fashioned ones on the wall in the post office, yes, but the newer self-contained ones in shopping centres and whatnot you can print as few or as many as you like. I used to work for the company that makes them.

Seriously, I'm not trying to derail the thread but wheretf are these vending machines and shops that sell stamps? I live outside Waterford City and I can honestly say I've never seen a vending machine anywhere in town. I have asked in different newsagents, when I've been really stuck and kind of chancing my arm, if they sell stamps and I've always been told no.

Google annoys me. For the past month or so you cannot 'View Image' when you click on a photo from a Google Images search. Now your four options are:
    Visit Save View saved Share

If you click on the image, you get the whole page that the image appears on.

And my longstanding annoyance with Google remains its Ireland-only search engine. The vast majority of services and products most of us want are in the country in which we live. Years ago, Google had the 'Pages from Ireland' option on the Homepage permanently. You typed in your search and ticked it, and mostly Irish pages came up. Since about 2010 you have to go into 'Tools' and it's much, much less accurate with innumerable ways for non-Irish firms to appear on the listing offering services and opening hours in a country that is totally irrelevant to my requirement.

I hope some tech companies are working on creating a more accurate search engine than Google now offers us.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Down the gym on a Sunday morning

The gym is quite small and there are only two benches.

A guy put his towel over one and then chatted to his buddy at the other side of the gym for 15 minutes. Pure ignorance but it gets worse

The two fit bros went to the benches and “reserved” them with towels and stood around chatting. Not one weight was lifted

I went to the showers, sauna, showers again, got changed and when i walked out 20 minutes later they were still standing around chatting

:rolleyes: you’d get less gossiping in the post office

Ohhhh that was a major Ta when I was joined the gym :mad:, you should told them to move it

easier said than done I know :o

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement