Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

TA about my in-laws, they live in a fancy enough area in Dublin and both worked for the city planning office.
    Now on a site quite close to them but far enough away that they can't even remotely see it and they're supporting the objection of 7 storey buildings that are planned for that site.
    They can't even remotely understand that the way of building needs to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Saw a picture of myself where for the first time ever I thought I looked my age. This is it isn’t it. All downhill from here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I was in the WORST mood ever yesterday. Stomped up to bed like "Fcuk you, world", but thinking I'd be grand today.

Nope.

The worst bad moods are were you can't identify why you're in that mood. It's like a chemical thing or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I want to do lots of things but dont know where to start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

erica74 wrote: »
    Seriously, I'm not trying to derail the thread but wheretf are these vending machines and shops that sell stamps? I live outside Waterford City and I can honestly say I've never seen a vending machine anywhere in town. I have asked in different newsagents, when I've been really stuck and kind of chancing my arm, if they sell stamps and I've always been told no.

City Square has or at least used to have one outside Dunnes. I'm not in town as often as I used to be so unsure if it is still there. My local Centra also sells stamps.

TA , I got out of the cinema with the little one and had missed the bus by about 5 minutes. We had to wait a half hour for the next and I wasn't arsed to walk up to the Quay to get it at the clock tower.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

_Dara_ wrote: »
    The worst bad moods are were you can't identify why you're in that mood. It's like a chemical thing or something.

Or when you had an unsettling/annoying/generally bad dream, you can't remember it at all, but the bad feeling lingers on all day and you can't shrug it off - if only you could remember the dream you'd probably manage to detach yourself from it, but like this you don't stand a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I am easily annoyed it seems ! Watching Living the Wildlife on RTE and I have to mute it . Great photography and great shots but Colin Staffords Johnsons always talks like he is teaching a class of senior infants ! Grrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

iamwhoiam wrote:
    I am easily annoyed it seems ! Watching Living the Wildlife on RTE and I have to mute it . Great photography and great shots but Colin Staffords Johnsons always talks like he is teaching a class of senior infants ! Grrrr

He's one of those who likes to be the star of the show rather than the wildlife he's filming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

He's one of those who likes to be the star of the show rather than the wildlife he's filming.

HE CER TAIN LY DOES !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

73Cat wrote: »
    City Square has or at least used to have one outside Dunnes. I'm not in town as often as I used to be so unsure if it is still there. My local Centra also sells stamps.

TA , I got out of the cinema with the little one and had missed the bus by about 5 minutes. We had to wait a half hour for the next and I wasn't arsed to walk up to the Quay to get it at the clock tower.

No, only a postbox outside Dunnes.

I am going to track down one of these mystical stamp vending machines one day and years from now, people will recite sonnets about my quest.

TA by Sunday evening being ruined by the anxiety of Monday approaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

The thoughts of the traffic tomorrow. I was enjoying a half hour commute, it will be back to an hour tomorrow... :(

Seeing people complaining that the landlord wants to raise the rent and they now would have to top up the rent over the HAP threshold themselves. I'm amazed that some genuinely can't understand that paying rent is a perfectly normal thing to do. And we're talking about 50-100 euro a month here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Oh She's being a b* tonight!

Foul humour all day- tired and sleepy and unproductive

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sunday night blues have hit hard here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Sunday night blues have hit hard here.

It's just not fair. Grrr

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It's just not fair. Grrr

1H5w.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Crosby Uptight Tweed

Golf.....so boring...and full of annoying bandwaggoners

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When you get invited to someone’s house and they have a fire lighting ....a crap fire! There’s nothing worse than a crap fire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The road rage out there at the moment is unbelievable. Sick s**t of it now tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I have to go back to school tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I still see it and it makes me mad every time; two parents driving along with a little child in the back. The parents are both safely seatbelted but the child is standing up on the back seat of the car completely unrestrained.
    Another thing is a parent smoking in the car with children or babies, can you not wait 10 minutes until you get home to have your cigarette you selfish little ****. Oh even thinking about these two things is making me :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

When you're watching a film about the end of the world or a zombie attack or something like that and, when one character tells another character that they need to leave or hide or do something immediately and the other character questions it and fights them on it etc, all the while losing precious time. I've had this conversation with my husband so many times, if there's ever a zombie apocalypse and I tell him to do something, he better fucking do it or I'll leave him behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Golf.....so boring...and full of annoying bandwaggoners

It doesn’t seem to be the worst for bandwagoning, at least in my circles. Certainly nowhere near football during tournaments and rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I still see it and it makes me mad every time; two parents driving along with a little child in the back. The parents are both safely seatbelted but the child is standing up on the back seat of the car completely unrestrained.
    Another thing is a parent smoking in the car with children or babies, can you not wait 10 minutes until you get home to have your cigarette you selfish little ****. Oh even thinking about these two things is making me :mad::mad::mad:
    I can beat that.
    A neighbouring farmer has a pick up style jeep. Saw him driving yesterday with his two children standing in the pick up part holding onto the cab of the jeep

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    When you get invited to someone’s house and they have a fire lighting ....a crap fire! There’s nothing worse than a crap fire!

I'm with you on this one! Virtually everyone in this country has a fireplace and so little people know how to light a fire properly.
    It drives me mental!
    3/4 of the population would just die without a truckload of firelighters if they ever had to light a fire with just matchsticks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

LirW wrote: »
    I'm with you on this one! Virtually everyone in this country has a fireplace and so little people know how to light a fire properly.
    It drives me mental!
    3/4 of the population would just die without a truckload of firelighters if they ever had to light a fire with just matchsticks.

My mother uses 1/2 a firelighter to light my stove- she's brilliant. Me... not so much! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Where I am there has been no sun whatsoever, and TA is I keep reading of people saying what lovely spring mornings the last mornings were...
    I'm up a bit at the foot of a little mountain so maybe we're just in the isolated low-er hanging mists but dang it, it hurts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Fecking gastritis, go away. Three weeks now. I know I wanted to lose a few pounds, but not this way. Fed up of sick tummy, fed up of shovelling in tablets, fed up of not been able to have a good dinner. (And I do love me dinner) Rant over.

TA'd it's time to get up already default_sleep.png

• Advertisement

Having irrational dislikes of some people for no apparent reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Slight hangover is annoying

The pipe of the washing machine is leaking :mad:

It's all very serious at work today. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

kfallon wrote:
    Slight hangover is annoying

Slight hangover still on me from Saturday night also annoying..

northgirl wrote: »
    It's all very serious at work today. Ugh.

Tell them to get fooked

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Slight hangover still on me from Saturday night also annoying..

No I avoided Saturdays one by drinking yesterday. Now I have both days ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Some disgusting creature in my office keeps leaving unflushed wees in the ladies loos. :mad::mad::mad:

It's nowhere near as bad as the Phantom Shitter we had in a previous job, but still. Guh-ross. What kind of grown woman doesn't flush the jaysis jacks after herself???

I'm also pretty annoyed at myself, I usually don't do this anymore since I left school but now I let something sit until the very last minute and it's causing me stress.
    I have to have my SEAI grant paperwork in at the end of next week and of course, while all the work is long finished, the pages are still blank, I didn't take care of getting a BER assessor and frantically tried to call everyone on the list for South Wicklow/North Wexford and most places are booked up. I found someone anyway to do it but I'm so mad at myself, why oh why did I wait so long? I remember now why I worked so hard to get rid of that habit, it's just the worst.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Poured a cup of coffee all over myself this morning, then let the replacement cup go cold... Very TA'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having to run between junior schools at a breakneck pace, so I can get the kids out of the area(s) before they see some of the "posters" on the path across from their school.

Not a great believer, but dear god, will this crap ever end?

* you can probably guess what kind of posters they are and how useless asking for them to be moved was.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Getting a bit tired here now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I heard buzzing while sitting on the toilet and presumed it was a fly. Next thing I see is a GIANT bee about 6 inches from my face. I manage to hoosh it out with the toilet roll and lock the door.
    I swung open the door dramatically hoping to wind it but it was still looking at me menacingly.
    Got the back door open and off it went. I’m shook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Someone just came up to me, tipped me on the shoulder and said “this just fell out of you”. It was my toothbrush!! I have no idea where or how or why that happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Swype yoke on this phone keeps going mad. I don't understand these things.

Also TA himself let the dog in on my just washed kitchen floor..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Gym day 2 and gym TA day 2

I was squatting in the squat rack using the barbell and a fair amount of weight and see a guy standing beside me. He acts like he wants to work in with me and I’m a normal gym user who is of course fine with this. Not those those towel reserving fit bros from yesterday

He proceeds to do two squats and lecture me on my form and how he was demonstrating better form

He doesn’t work there, just some randomer. I’d love to say I told him to piss off but I just said nothing :/ I was caught offguards

His girlfriend/wife was urging him to come on. I’d say he does this to others

I wonder what my day 3 TA will be

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Apple Watch does not support Siri meaning I can't shout out next track requests when listening to music and running. Wish I researched this before dropping €400 on the watch and €179 on the Airpods.

Classic first world idiot problem.

Someone just came up to me, tipped me on the shoulder and said “this just fell out of you”. It was my toothbrush!! I have no idea where or how or why that happened

That's hilarious :D

Forgot to get milk on my way home, shop is only a minutes walk away but can't be arsed to get up and go despite me wanting the milk ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Gym day 2 and gym TA day 2

I was squatting in the squat rack using the barbell and a fair amount of weight and see a guy standing beside me. He acts like he wants to work in with me and I’m a normal gym user who is of course fine with this. Not those those towel reserving fit bros from yesterday

He proceeds to do two squats and lecture me on my form and how he was demonstrating better form

He doesn’t work there, just some randomer. I’d love to say I told him to piss off but I just said nothing :/ I was caught offguards

His girlfriend/wife was urging him to come on. I’d say he does this to others

I wonder what my day 3 TA will be

I dunno, I don’t think I’d mind this actually. I’ve heard doing squats wrong can damage your back. Maybe you were and didn’t know it and he thought he was doing a good deed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement