Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I reckon mikemac2 will "accidentally" belt someone with a barbell before the week is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Just sent a very over dramatic text to my closest friends about my job and got no responses back.. it's like they are tired of getting them, very trivially annoying!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Crosby Uptight Tweed

People who work in Gyms and post nonstop about it on FB/Instagram or wherever....using annoying lingo like "fitfam"....instanstly get hidden by me on fb

and in relation to Social media, I've got a friend now whose trying to impress a girl whose a bit of a third wave feminist (gets outraged at trivial things - plays the victim etc), and he's going down that route now on FB, changing his pic to a repeal logo on it, commenting and complaining on every news post or business post on fb complaining/playing the victim...me and my other friends are getting annoyed with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Films which range from ridiculously quiet to ridiculously loud. So when you have the volume to not wake the toddler at the loud bits you can't hear the conversations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I need new trainers. I spotted a pair on Nike (US) which aren't available to order here. Feicin Typical!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

So many TAs

Legs Hurt can't walk as much as I need to, sweet lady diabetty being a bitch again, easter chocolates 75% off in tesco, gods damn chest still sore, new hospital appointment June and July, no pain killers left and worst of all still no good copy of Black Panther online yet, ocular migraines are only topped in pain by stubbing a toe, I need to win the lotto and spend it all on jelly beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA cadbury flakes frustrating to eat.they go fuucking everywhere and little melted bits that look like you shat yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

That Alison Spittle thinks she represents culchies but says her th sound like she worked all her life on the market in Albert Square!

And she's not funny

I was so tired last night that after we finished dinner, instead of scraping the plate scraps into my little kitchen compost bin and putting them in the dishwasher, I picked both plates up and threw one in the bin for some reason, and even as I realized what I did, I threw the other one in on top of it. The first one was smashed and the second one chipped and both were part of a dinner service I only bought a month or so ago. I don't think I can buy single replacements, but fingers crossed.

I'm so annoyed at my dopey self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Just saw netflix are remaking Lost in Space. Looking forward to seeing it. However I do wonder how they get away with calling it a netflix original. It's not original, it's a remake.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    Just saw netflix are remaking Lost in Space. Looking forward to seeing it. However I do wonder how they get away with calling it a netflix original. It's not original, it's a remake.

This reminds me of another trivial Netflix-related issue.

Designated Survivor has the most shamelessly obvious product placement I've ever seen. I'd been enjoying it enough to keep watching it until one scene involving a major brand (I won't spoil anything) that was just so blatantly an advertisment inside the show that I stopped watching in protest. :(

I was reminded of this the other night when Die Hard was on and Black and Decker made their presence felt.

TA at ostentatious product placement in shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

When you are off work a couple days and when you return there are just so many emails. Made worse by people who know you are on leave sending emails with the stupidest questions you can possibly imagine. I am amazed some people can put on matching shoes in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Sweet potato replacing proper spuds everywhere!

First world problem I know, but I can't stand the things and what did my sister have this evening? Spicy chicken (yum yum) with horrible horrible sweet potato mash and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

WHY IS AMAZON MAKING A LORD OF THE RINGS SERIES? WHY. WHY. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY. WHY.

Also TA, when you reach out to pick up your toothbrush and in doing so, you knock over someone else's toothbrush and in trying to stop that from falling, you knock down literally everything else on the sink and cause an almighty amount of noise for 6:48am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,921 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

erica74 wrote:
    WHY IS AMAZON MAKING A LORD OF THE RINGS SERIES? WHY. WHY. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY. WHY.

Money, or more commonly called 'profits'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Wanderer78 wrote: »

They're spending 1 billion in it...if it's not a success it will destroy their TV production.

They're spending 1 billion in it...if it's not a success it will destroy their TV production.

they aint using their own money and they ll be grand, it ll be extremely successful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Wanderer78 wrote: »

I didn't mean "WHY. WHY. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYY. WHY." in that sense...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Driving in the main road to work this morning, doing juuuust over the 100 in a 100 zone and some ar*ehole stuck on my bumper for about a mile... Any closer and he'd have needed a condom. Back the f*ck up dude!

Second TA I got irrationally annoyed at my coat today and now want to put it in the bin.

Feckin hate Tuesdays...

• Advertisement

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Driving in the main road to work this morning, doing juuuust over the 100 in a 100 zone and some ar*ehole stuck on my bumper for about a mile... Any closer and he'd have needed a condom. Back the f*ck up dude!

Second TA I got irrationally annoyed at my coat today and now want to put it in the bin.

Feckin hate Tuesdays...

rear fog lights are handy things;)

Wanderer78 wrote:
    rear fog lights are handy things

I contemplated tapping on the brakes but must remember fog lights.. They would be a slightly less passive aggressive option.. :) (was also pre-coffee so brain wasn't up to speed yet lol)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Taking out the bread board, getting distracted and someone else hi-jacks the bread board.
    When you get back to it it's full of crumbs and there is a mystery moist spot.

The crumbs I can handle, but what the f*ck is that wet bit that will contaminate my sandwich?

Also, when someone uses your knife and you are not sure what it's been used for so you have to get a clean one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

mohawk wrote: »
    When you are off work a couple days and when you return there are just so many emails. Made worse by people who know you are on leave sending emails with the stupidest questions you can possibly imagine. I am amazed some people can put on matching shoes in the morning.

Ctrl +A and mark as read.

I include it in my out of office for internal mails.

I will be out of office between X and Y. If you need something contact my colleagues A & B. If you need me specifically please contact me after my return as I will have a lot of correspondence to catch up on and may miss your mail .

I then feel safe marking all mails as read.
    I took a month long sabbatical in the last place I worked. There was close to 10 thousand mails when you included system generated ones. There was no way I was reading all that crap.

And lets face it. Every single one of your co workers will understand because we all get too much email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weather and it's way of spoiling the best laid plans.

Dog puked on the couch. It stank. I feel sick now. Stupid dog. (He's not ill just ate too quickly.)

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote:
    Dog puked on the couch. It stank. I feel sick now. Stupid dog. (He's not ill just ate too quickly.)

My dope of a cat (who I love very much.. Most of the time) does this at least once a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Do ya know what fcuking annoys me....the title of this thread. I seen it umpteem times and thought it was a persons name and because I'd never heard of them didn't bother clicking on it but today after reading it again and trying to figure out what the hell it was about, I opened the thread and seen what it was about.

My dope of a cat (who I love very much.. Most of the time) does this at least once a week!

Isn't it so annoying. And yep, you love them so much you can only be annoyed when actually cleaning up. Said dog is now snoring like a pig on the cleaned couch while my stomach is still in knots. Spoiled little shyte.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

One of my stupid cats stays in most of the time. When she goes out roaming, generally that night she will puke when she comes in. She must be drinking some scummy water somewhere. She's obsessed with water but doesn't drink the water we leave out for her.
    Stupid cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

One person in the office decided it was stuffy (it wasn't) and now we're all being blasted out of it with sub-Arctic air conditioning set to hurricane-force fan levels :mad:

Also, people who can't stop stuffing their faces and then whinge about their weight.

Also, people who practically stop dead to go over ramps which can easily be navigated by just easing off the accelerator slightly.

Also, people who use their rear fogs in continuous traffic. You're six feet in front of me, dude, I can see you.

Also, people who leave their teabags in the sink. I will cut you if I catch you at it.

Also, whoever clearly drank directly out of the water cooler spout in work and left a big, pink lipstick mark around it. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU??????????

Aaaaaaaand breathe...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Also, people who can't stop stuffing their faces and then whinge about their weight.

This in my office. I never eat any of the junk lying around the office and I'm quite thin so people think it's ok to say, "Oh you never eat anyway".....yeah I survive on fresh air ya clown, just cos I don't have my face stuck into whatever rubbish is on the go today doesn't mean I don't eat.

And imagine the uproar if I told someone that they are always eating.....there would be war especially if that person was in any way overweight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who do any of the following when executing a turn:

Come to a complete stop beforehand.
    Indicate after they have slowed and began the turn.
    Go at a snails pace so that if there is a light sequence, everyone behind misses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who open windows on the bus. Newsflash - if you're sitting directly beside the window, then it wont affect you being open, but it does create a draught for people sitting down from you.

People who won't get the f*ck out of the way when you're getting on or off the luas.

Anyone who makes a bacon joke when they find out you're veggie, or worse says something like, "oh I could never do that I would miss blah to much" - I'm not asking you to.

"Vegetarians" who eat fish - thereby creating immense confusion for non-veggies who with the best will in the world, will prepare a fish dish for actual veggies, thinking it's appropriate.

Faux concern over my calcium and protein intake from people who otherwise do not care about me.

Lift small talk. People who make it annoy me, but people who don't also annoy me because then I feel compelled to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being told by a 24/7 obsessive that "I'm"(as in me) obsessed with.......

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The roller-ball on the top of my roll on deodorant isn't rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My neighbour has 4 windows at the front of their house. TA was he blinds are usually down all day but even worse than that is when they’re opened they’re all at different lengths drives me mad

My neighbour has 4 windows at the front of their house. TA was he blinds are usually down all day but even worse than that is when they’re opened they’re all at different lengths drives me mad

Your real TA is that when he opens the blinds he's not standing there in the nip with his '3 card trick' flopping around :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Very first world problem. I can't seem to cook quinoa right. It always comes out too hard. Or is it supposed to taste like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Very first world problem. I can't seem to cook quinoa right. It always comes out too hard. Or is it supposed to taste like that?

i cant even say it properly never mind cook it.

The key is to rinse it really, really well first. Toast it in a little butter (I put minced chillies and garlic in with it) then, then add your stock (I use chicken and usually throw in the juice of a lime too) and - this is key - don't stir it at all while it cooks. Just put a lid on it, turn the heat right down to a bare simmer and just let it do its thing til it's absorbed all the liquid. Then you can fluff it with a fork.

On topic TA: People (not directed at you!) who cook their quinoa in plain old water and then complain that it's tasteless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The key is to rinse it really, really well first. Toast it in a little butter (I put minced chillies and garlic in with it) then, then add your stock (I use chicken and usually throw in the juice of a lime too) and - this is key - don't stir it at all while it cooks. Just put a lid on it, turn the heat right down to a bare simmer and just let it do its thing til it's absorbed all the liquid. Then you can fluff it with a fork.

On topic TA: People (not directed at you!) who cook their quinoa in plain old water and then complain that it's tasteless.

Oops. I did just cook it in water. Lol. Will try the chicken stock and toasting it first. I didn't touch it at all, left it for 20 mintues and it still came out hard so I dunno what the story is with it. Bleh.

TA: have had a headache for about 2 weeks now. Just cannot shake it. Going to the optician tomorrow to see if I need glasses (again). Ugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Despite the fact I like the taste of quinoa I am freaked out at how it looks and actually shudder if attempting to eat it. It reminds me of tiny worms you’d find in a sheeps poo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lack of motivation today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Even worse is my neighbour across the road .A young girl who never opens her curtains or windows .All four curtains have different patterns and all pulled closed all day long and it looks awful with the different colours on every window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Iceland sells it precooked and in smaller portions, from their freezer section. Jamie Oliver has a reasonable receipy on 15 mins meals for it as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TA'd at the weather today. Cold, overcast and some rain. Ffs its mid April

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

My parents have been talking about moving up by me which i would love. They keep getting my hopes up and then changing their mind because even though theyd like to, it's a lot of hassle.

It's like when you're a kid and you ask them if you can go somewhere and they say they'll think about it but you know they have no intention of letting you go and it's not gonna happen!

Gotta get up go out and complain in place I really like to shop but staff treating me like a dodgy bugger and now I've gotta go throw a meltdown over months of stupid stuff built up.

TA I do white collar crime not your run of the mill stuff, I need to subscribe round here so I can change my name to The Wolf of Kildare Street or The Artist formally known as RobbingBandit

Just heard someone order a toasted special without the cheese & tomato. What on earth is the point of that???

• Advertisement

They just want to be different boooooooo down with that sort of thing

Toasted sandwich without cheese is just plain wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement