Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Toasted sandwich without cheese is just plain wrong.

I know!!!!!

Like, A) just ask for a ham sandwich and B) I can't see what's gained by toasting a cheeseless sandwich? Sweaty ham???

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I used to not like cheese when I was younger and made toasties without it.
    The butter still melts which gives it the toastie effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My neighbour has 4 windows at the front of their house. TA was he blinds are usually down all day but even worse than that is when they’re opened they’re all at different lengths drives me mad

Mine closes theirs when the sun comes out, it's so rare in this country lately why block it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

Sitting beside my 10yo and she's been glutened... stomach in bits and running up and down to the loo... she's still happy out playing games on her phone though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Waiting for me body to cool down to jump in the shower. If I don't then as soon as I get out of it I'll sweat up again no matter how cold, tepid or hot I have the water at

• Advertisement

Sitting beside my 10yo and she's been glutened... stomach in bits and running up and down to the loo... she's still happy out playing games on her phone though

Hope she's okay soon, poor wee thing. :(

TA I came to work without my specs and spent a silly amount of time looking for them before I realized they're on the kitchen table at home. I keep two or three spare pairs in my desk drawer for these eventualities. Those are also at home having migrated there by hiding on top of my head. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Woke up this morning feeling rotten but went to school anyway. Tried to ring the doctors but they weren't answering..2 days in a row they haven't answered, very TAing.

The kids were doing their work and my phone rang so I answered (I never usually would but I wanted to see a doctor!). It was the doctor from A&E from last week. He told me that the infection I have wouldn't be covered by the antibiotic they gave me so he was giving me another one.

Lunchtime came and I actually thought I was going to die. I felt so weak and sick and I couldn't stop shaking. I was full on shaking. I couldn't warm up even though my face was on fire. So I had to come home.

Stupid bloody kidney infection is after knocking me out. Now I won't get paid for being out of school and I have to miss a musical I was going to see tonight. I'm very annoyed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Very trivial things annoying me since starting back at work yesterday.

Like students' inability to write the name of a novel correctly. 'To kill a mocking bird' is what I keep getting. Mockingbird is ONE WORD. Also, use capital letters!

It's like talking to a brick wall.

nermal15 wrote: »
    Very trivial things annoying me since starting back at work yesterday.

Like students' inability to write the name of a novel correctly. 'To kill a mocking bird' is what I keep getting. Mockingbird is ONE WORD. Also, use capital letters!

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Perhaps your students are mocking a different bird? ....
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Headcold, not bad enough to stay off work, bad enough to make me totally scatty and stressed and tired and generally useless.
    Every single thing I was asked for today was something I had not got to, they were all trivial things but very annoying to have to repeatedly say to my manager that I would get to it.
    Left on the button of home time with none of it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

TA when I'm typing something in a text input box and the focus magically shifts elsewhere and my letters go somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I just feel a bit tetchy in general..
    No TA per se, just in a bit of a bad mood!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I hope she settled down now. Lots of fluids and tlc. That sneaky gluten is in the most unlikely foods. It must be hard keeping a 10 year old on a gf diet. Not being a know all, I'm 20 years coeliac and still get glutened. Harder on a little girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Flat Lilt! Rotten! Got Bottle of Lilt this morn. Went to take last drop in the Bottle there and it's all zingy and flat and yucky.

Trying to get a Net of Mandarins open is proving impossible. But 5/6 of them would surely escape and fall out no bother if I was trying to carry them to or in from car!

Seeing boy from Online Dating standing behind me at Till in Shop. Out the Country too so he must be living around there or in 1 of the nearby towns and knows pretty-much where I live now..

I let Phone drain the Battery, It's dead as a dodo again. Stoopid poxy ar$e of a thing.

I work different hours and sometimes don't know whether I'm coming or going and don't know what day of the week it is or me own name even. Made Phone-call to arrange to do something tomorrow. Hung up and had Mini-Heart-Attack for about 2 minutes 'cos I couldn't think if I working or not!

E.t.a: removing the white bits of a Mandarin Orange after peeling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

To ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouff ache

Why oh why do I have to wake up with a Toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouff ache. I need to start drinking and swearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Getting told to fudge your audits !!!!.

We have had over 10k worth of stuff go missing all brand new laptops from one of our store rooms in work. Found out all old audits were fudged when I looked into them. Called the person out on it who fudged then I had multi proof it was person and not to long after he handed in his notice.

Now said persons manager has told me to fudge the audits in a meeting yesterday shocked is not the word

Getting told to fudge your audits !!!!.

We have had over 10k worth of stuff go missing all brand new laptops from one of our store rooms in work. Found out all old audits were fudged when I looked into them. Called the person out on it who fudged then I had multi proof it was person and not to long after he handed in his notice.

Now said persons manager has told me to fudge the audits in a meeting yesterday shocked is not the word

And under no circumstances should you do this, it'll be you left carrying the can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

And under no circumstances should you do this, it'll be you left carrying the can

Second this!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Going on at least 2 weeks now with the same headache. Only realised that it was the same one at the start of the week. Any painkillers I take are only numbing it for a while and then it comes back. No wonder I've been ratty for the last month.

First stop: optician this morning to rule out eyesight problems.
    Next stop: doctors to see if I have a brain tumor.

TA: hypochondria.

Was a lazy assh*le last week and didn't go to the gym, dragged myself in yesterday and it was a killer of a class, felt sick after it but grand it was done. Got home and a while later my wrist started KILLING me! Thinking I've the starts of arthritis in my thumb (I'm only 32 godammit) and now this.. TA'd that I need to go to the doc and see what the eff is up with it..
    Also TA'd that I couldn't find the wrist bandage yoke when I needed it.. Bye bye hubbys sock!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The low fat protein milk i have in the fridge at work seems a bit off so I have to settle for full-fat which is kind of heavy.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    First stop: optician this morning to rule out eyesight problems. Next stop: doctors to see if I have a brain tumor.

Mollyb60 wrote:

Feelin ya on that one.. My wrist issue is starting to sound like carpal tunnel but in my head its probably bone cancer :/ i literally could have just strained it and not remember but no my brain loves freaking me out like that!

Giving yourself a little nick when shaving ffs

mcgiggles wrote:
    Feelin ya on that one.. My wrist issue is starting to sound like carpal tunnel but in my head its probably bone cancer :/ i literally could have just strained it and not remember but no my brain loves freaking me out like that!

Just googled all, doesn't sound like carpal tunnel after all, but ugh it now could be arthritis in my wrist too! Ffs stop googling woman.. *switches off computer*

People humming. STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Hospital appointment, not down for that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    People humming. STFU.

I read that first as "people humping" ha!

The muscles in my right leg are sore around my shin from all the start/stop/go on the accelerator this morning.
    F*ck traffic.

LirW wrote: »
    Hospital appointment, not down for that.

+infinity and beyond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In poor form, can feel myself slipping down the depression rabbit hole.

I just want to curl up in my duvet and sleep for a month. If the outside world could just go away that would be great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Feeling eeeeugh today and dont know why.

It's that kind of day where the smallest little thing is going to annoy me so watch out workmates!

Don't think I put my foot down on the spot and said no ?.

Like my role is the manager of anything to do with hardware assets in emea.

And I am very straight and go this is the way to do and I clash daily with the other manager about this as I think 100% different to him.

Stress is a under statement from him.

Don't think I put my foot down on the spot and said no ?.

Like my role is the manager of anything to do with hardware assets in emea.

And I am very straight and go this is the way to do and I clash daily with the other manager about this as I think 100% different to him.

Stress is a under statement from him.

Do the audit by the book without fudging.

Try_harder wrote: »
    In poor form, can feel myself slipping down the depression rabbit hole.

I just want to curl up in my duvet and sleep for a month. If the outside world could just go away that would be great

Feel the same. PMS kicking in now too just to merry things along! :o

TA'd that so many of the good people in this thread don't feel good about themselves today :(

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Do the audit by the book without fudging.

That's I do I am by the book on everything.

As the place was a mess before I came in and I am slowly making it straight and in line with the global policy

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Going on at least 2 weeks now with the same headache. Only realised that it was the same one at the start of the week. Any painkillers I take are only numbing it for a while and then it comes back. No wonder I've been ratty for the last month.

First stop: optician this morning to rule out eyesight problems.
    Next stop: doctors to see if I have a brain tumor.

Been to the optician, says I need glasses. Again (had laser surgery about 12 years ago). Which I cannot afford to buy for the next 2 months. Fcukcicles.

At least it's not a brain tumour I guess! Hurrah. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Been to the optician, says I need glasses. Again (had laser surgery about 12 years ago). Which I cannot afford to buy for the next 2 months. Fcukcicles.

Could you get a cheap pair in Pennys or Dealz for now until you can buy the prescription ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It would be easier if I was in school today while sick instead of being in bed. I feel like I've more to deal with here than I would if I was there sorting it all out myself.

That's I do I am by the book on everything.

As the place was a mess before I came in and I am slowly making it straight and in line with the global policy

Sounds rough you often get situations like this where the existing crowd try to do things to cover everyone's proverbials with durty deeds for the greater good but as you obviously know and have been advised here when the **** hits the fan you go down and they're left spotless, seems a major annoyance never mind trivial good luck with it and do what you're doing keep out and do it by the book.

Did you at least get a free eye test I think tesco do them in the bigger branches (in store vision express), I'll be going into the one in Newry myself in three weeks to get one, there is a site called hotukdeals which often has online places doing really good deals for glasses so if you can get the free test done and get out with your prescription details you could get them online instead much cheaper if you can wait.

• Advertisement

Did you at least get a free eye test I think tesco do them in the bigger branches (in store vision express), I'll be going into the one in Newry myself in three weeks to get one, there is a site called hotukdeals which often has online places doing really good deals for glasses so if you can get the free test done and get out with your prescription details you could get them online instead much cheaper if you can wait.

I actually did! Yer one at the desk said that it would be £20 but when it came to pay another guy said they were doing free eye tests today.

That's actually a great idea about the glasses. They gave me the prescription so I'd know exactly what to buy. Will have a look into this. Thanks!

Another TA coz it's just one of those weeks: first week back after the easter break and I am just shattered tired. And it's only Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I want to go out for lunch.

I left my wallet at home specifically so that I wouldn't be able to go out for lunch. Damn my tricksy forward-thinking.

Some bellend saying we will arrange a call to discuss details. We will in me dicky, shove your call up your hole.....thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

I'm broke, looking for a job, but too unwell to work. Sick of it all tbh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

'THE DIVIL'S DICTIONARY' in today's Irish Indo has been sufficiently dumbed down to 'pop soda & lemonade's level so as to minimize the amount of calls to Joe about in on 'Luivluine'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Mistakenly buying decaf coffee. I wonder is it ok to just put it in the composter.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I can't concentrate and all I want to do is go home.

Mistakenly buying decaf coffee. I wonder is it ok to just put it in the composter.

That's where anything decaf belongs tbh,yuck decaf! along with lyons tea bags :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

This is the longest day ever :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

SAMTALK wrote: »

Everyone in work is saying the same thing today so we can't all be wrong..a rotten,long ,drawn-out ****e of a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

SAMTALK wrote: »

Longest week ever. I can’t believe it’s only Wednesday :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement