Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

:eek::eek:

*faints*

For a 35 minute call. The ****ers are charging £1.60(ish) per minute to call a number in Tipperary from Belfast. But it's my own stupidity so I can't be too angry at the greedy ****ers. :mad: I stupidly thought that it would be the same as the roaming thing where they just take it out of your own minutes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    For a 35 minute call. The ****ers are charging £1.60(ish) per minute to call a number in Tipperary from Belfast. But it's my own stupidity so I can't be too angry at the greedy ****ers. :mad: I stupidly thought that it would be the same as the roaming thing where they just take it out of your own minutes.

It very well should be, if you were roaming! Get in touch with them and ask them to look at it, I had the same problem a while back and they refunded me, it could just be a system glitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New Home wrote: »
    It very well should be, if you were roaming! Get in touch with them and ask them to look at it, I had the same problem a while back and they refunded me, it could just be a system glitch.

No no I live in Belfast. So I'm on the UK package. I wasn't roaming. And calling someone in the south is calling an international number for them. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah, ok - if you don't get free international calls as part of your package, then I'm afraid you're snookered. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

People who seem to think you are ****ing psychic. I'm may as well join the mediumship at this stage and get paid for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Vodafone are a bunch con artists! they have the worse customer service I've ever interacted with and are a bunch of numpties!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

People who don't flush the toilets after themselves as well as not washing your hands, I actually think I'm gonna be sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who turn into complete animals at the sight of a bit of free food. I don't know how many times I've seen someone who's already had their breakfast or lunch eat an entire second one just because it's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My body. I’ve been so sore all over for no reason about two weeks now. Started off with creaky sore fingers, dr said psoriasis arthritis, here’s some steroids off you go. Then it’s my fingers and toes, and the steroids are gone, then it’s my back and my fingers and my toes, more steroids, told these aren’t a long term thing and he won’t be able to give me more. They’re gone, now it’s my fingers toes back legs and arms. My car feels like it has no power steering. It hurts to push open a in anyway heavy door, and as well as that it’s all my muscles. Had a massage on Tuesday. I love my deep tissue massages so am not a stranger to being beaten up (my physio is amazed because he tells me he has huge men who he has to do lighter pressure on) could only get a last min appointment with a regular massage therapist not a sports physio so she wasn’t as strong but I’m covered in bruises. I’m not comfortable, at all. I stand, I’m sore, I sit, im sore, I go to bed I’m sore, laying on my side I’m like a beached whale trying to turn over, lying on my back hurts. Changed my mattress, thought that would help. It didn’t.
    I’m in my 20s. It’s one thing after another. I’ve seen people in their 70s be in better condition than me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Feckin banks. My debit card has gone missing so cancelled and ordered a new one. I've a couple of bills I pay monthly by debit card so I went to PTSB, withdrew cash then went to Ulsterbank where I have an old account i dont really use very often. Went to the branch and was told they don't take cash there anymore, in a bank like so went to another branch to be pointed to an auto lodgement machine, used that (PTSB and AIB have these machines also and funds are in the accounts instantly). That was at 10.30 this morning and the funds still aren't showing and Ulsterbank have told me that all of these lodgements are checked manually throughout the day. What a feckin load of ****e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I find that badly folded newspapers make me stress to the max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When workmates try and fob work off to you just because they couldn't be arsed.

Well guess what? Right back at you mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I find that badly folded newspapers make me stress to the max

Extremely annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭The Infinite Fart

People who don't flush the toilets after themselves as well as not washing your hands, I actually think I'm gonna be sick.

reminds me of the phantom pooper in work a while ago....poo everywhere...the seat, all over the rim, the bowl-I actually don't know how anyone could manage to get it on so many places....happened a few times.....Thinking of it makes me want to vom also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

This day has me TA'd, wish the weekend would hurry up. This job of mine is full of waffle and spoof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The complete airhead student I've been allocated, chattering on about the cute babies on the posters on her bus trip to work. She's top of her class and not new to the country.

I feel this is going to be a LONG L O N G summer with her!
    TATATA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm still so knackered from the procedure and I bought a chicken that went off because I couldn't find the energy of doing anything with it, so to the dog that goes. I hate wasting food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Similarly, people who don't clean the toilet bowl after themselves. Surely a special place in hell awaits them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People driving with their tops down.. it's cold.

• Advertisement

reminds me of the phantom pooper in work a while ago....poo everywhere...the seat, all over the rim, the bowl-I actually don't know how anyone could manage to get it on so many places....happened a few times.....Thinking of it makes me want to vom also.

Oh god barfing.gif caveman woman instinct taking over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

northgirl wrote: »
    People driving with their tops down.. it's cold.

Any woman driving with her top down is ok by me.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Was away from home for a while and missed a parcel delivery. I’m too late to organise redelivery. An Post are supposed to send it back to the company. I checked with company. They haven’t received it back so they won’t reissue until they do which is fair enough. So I contacted An Post service to find out if it’s still in the depot. The depot is in an awkward place and I’m experiencing a lot of pain these days so getting on public transport and then trudging through an industrial estate to collect a heavy parcel is not going to happen. No response from An Post customer service two days later. And organising redelivery is basically a “computer says no” situation where you fill the attempted delivery date on the online form and if it’s too late, you can’t go past that page.

I’m willing to pay, An Post, just deliver my parcel. Or send it back to the company. I’m down €40 here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

_Dara_ wrote: »
    Was away from home for a while and missed a parcel delivery. I’m too late to organise redelivery. An Post are supposed to send it back to the company. I checked with company. They haven’t received it back so they won’t reissue until they do which is fair enough. So I contacted An Post service to find out if it’s still in the depot. The depot is in an awkward place and I’m experiencing a lot of pain these days so getting on public transport and then trudging through an industrial estate to collect a heavy parcel is not going to happen. No response from An Post customer service two days later. And organising redelivery is basically a “computer says no” situation where you fill the attempted delivery date on the online form and if it’s too late, you can’t go past that page.

I’m willing to pay, An Post, just deliver my parcel. Or send it back to the company. I’m down €40 here!

Could you ask a teenager to do it for you and give him / her busfare and €10 ? It might be cheaper that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

If you're in North County Dublin, I'll go for you, no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sat on a wall earlier and got a damp bum. :(

• Advertisement

ILikeBoats wrote: »

South west Dublin here and I will go

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I'll be traveling South to North Dublin later today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Be careful though, if they’re anything like the one in Galway they want photograph ID of the name on the parcel or they won’t give it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yeah good point.

TA'd at needing ID or proof of address to do a favour

Yeah good point.

TA'd at needing ID or proof of address to do a favour

I have brought a letter signed by my neighbour when she was too ill to pick it up . Maybe they still do that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Everyone being so helpful has cheered me up.

TA my hair is going into some kind of dreadlock phase and it ain't a good look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Could you ask a teenager to do it for you and give him / her busfare and €10 ? It might be cheaper that way
    Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'll be traveling South to North Dublin later today

Guys, I am honestly so touched. Thank you all. :) I got talking to An Post through their Facebook page so I'm sure I'll get it sorted now that contact has been made. My main fear as that I'd arrive at the depot and it wouldn't be there. It's the D15 delivery depot. It's annoying because I live on the very eastern edge of D15, near D7, and the D7 depot is much closer and easier to get to (a short bus ride brings me right to the door) but my address is D15 so that's my "local" delivery depot unfortunately.
    Everyone being so helpful has cheered me up.

Me too, I am a bit weepy here. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Seriously TA’d that my MIL refuses to believe she needs a hearing test. The radio & tele can be heard by neighbours 2 houses away!!!

I’m like, no kidding, why do u think I have headphones stuck in my ears 24/7???

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Guys, I am honestly so touched. Thank you all. :) I got talking to An Post through their Facebook page so I'm sure I'll get it sorted now that contact has been made. My main fear as that I'd arrive at the depot and it wouldn't be there. It's the D15 delivery depot. It's annoying because I live on the very eastern edge of D15, near D7, and the D7 depot is much closer and easier to get to (a short bus ride brings me right to the door) but my address is D15 so that's my "local" delivery depot unfortunately.

Me too, I am a bit weepy here. :)

I can get to the D15 depot handy enough and know D7 fairly well so if you need it collected and brought to you then drop me a line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

I looked so tired and haggard today that I had a colleague ask if everything was ok in a very concerned tone, and when I went to get a prescription from the doctor she asked me several times was I sure I had nothing else to ask her about.

TA that I look awful today.

I have had one good night of sleep in the last month without chemical aid. Unfortunately it was earplugs so I have no chance of being woken by my alarm. So my trivial annoyance is that I have no-one to wake me. :P

Put your phone on vibrate and keep it under your pillow. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The possibility of having to buy 2 tools costing nearly €80 to replace a part costing €20.

(It would make more sense to pay someone to do it but I'd like to do it myself and almost certainly will use them again, just the initial outlay is a TA)

Seven Worlds will Collide

New Home wrote: »
    Put your phone on vibrate and keep it under your pillow. :)
    Doesn't work unfortunately, it wakes me too gently so I'll put it off before waking properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who seem to be dead all their life. Such a waste

• Advertisement

People who seem to be dead all their life. Such a waste
    For some it's preferable to living. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

the last few days I have had a dodgy throat, it's not sore but it feels like something is swollen inside it, it keeps catching me and is extremely irritating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Went in to Aldi to pick up one of their Special buys today. I was chancing my arm as it was late and I was looking for a particular colour so probably would be none left.
    They had 2 of the items left but from the picture on the box they were both the wrong colour...
    Just checked online and from the code it was the right colour, it just looked wrong on the box photo! I can't go back until the morning though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Littering. Pick up five bags full on a short stretch of country road today. Cop on you irresponsible idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Raging with myself. I did not fit my watch strap correctly and it came off on the street. The watch fell, like in slow motion, on to the ground. The front and back came off and a few little bits came out.
    Beyond repair. A 60 year old gem destroyed by my own carelessness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People who do not turn up for arranged interviews... Even if you have got a job and want to pull out, common courtesy would suggest you let the person know! Wasted so much time trying to make sure someone wasn't lost injured or dead today, because I'm nice like that, and eventually just got oh sorry I got a job offer on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Feeling tired, emotional, drained, burned out. The list goes on.

Feeling tired, emotional, drained, burned out. The list goes on.

Do something nice for yourself this evening and feel better soon. :)

TA I'm so tired.

Tired, tired, tired, tired, tired.

Tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

northgirl wrote: »
    Extremely annoying!

The stress is migraine inducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

TA1 We have a visitation of rats in the garden. They are 'heebie jeebie' inducing. I can see them from the window when they check for fallen titbits under the bird feeders. *shudder*

TA2 I had two builders in the house today who spotted them and not very reassuringly went "they are huge! As big as squirrels." FFS!

TA3 I checked the bait boxes and the little feckers have hardly touched the rat poison (I'm after smearing it witha dab of Nutella so hopefully they'll gobble it all up).

TA4 I've temporarily had to stop feeding the birds so that the rats will eat the rat poison instead of the fallen titbits off the feeder. The birds are examining the feeders to see if the buffet is back yet....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement