Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Another TA tonight people telling you you just need to worry less. I am a worrier. That is part of me. So when a conversation goes something like "stop letting it get to you" "well it's getting to me because I want to do my best" "well stop letting it" it's not huge helpful...
    Also, all of my TAs are people related... Maybe I need to become a hermit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

TG1 wrote: »
    Another TA tonight people telling you you just need to worry less. I am a worrier. That is part of me. So when a conversation goes something like "stop letting it get to you" "well it's getting to me because I want to do my best" "well stop letting it" it's not huge helpful...

Totally get this, I just about tolerate people... No need to be a hermit, just perfect the I am very disappointed in you look and most people will steer clear :)

Another TA of the day...RAW WATER wtf!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

TG1 wrote: »
    em_cat wrote: »
    Totally get this, I just about tolerate people... No need to be a hermit, just perfect the I am very disappointed in you look and most people will steer clear :)

Another TA of the day...RAW WATER wtf!!!

I sssoooo agree!! :mad: I usually tell them, in a highly sarcastic tone of voice, "Why, thank you, what a wonderful, inspired idea, I didn't know that's all I had to do - worry less, why didn't I think of that?!?"

Funny-people-picture-with-saying.jpg

As for raw water, if you don't like it you could always boil it. :pac: Nestlé used to market a diet water a good few years ago ("diet" as in diet coke, not as in Mediterranean diet). :mad:

New Home wrote: »
    I sssoooo agree!! :mad: I usually tell them, in a highly sarcastic tone of voice, "Why, thank you, what a wonderful, inspired idea, I didn't know that's all I had to do - worry less, why didn't I think of that?!?"

Funny-people-picture-with-saying.jpg

As for raw water, if you don't like it you could always boil it. :pac: Nestlé used to market a diet water a good few years ago ("diet" as in diet coke, not as in Mediterranean diet). :mad:

Raw Water

Cantner_Exploratorium2.png?itok=pB0l2Ifl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Why am I still following Donal Skehan on Instagram?
    Beside him doing some quite decent recipes, he annoys the everliving crap out of me.
    There's virtually no new content coming and the one that came was crap. His new TV show was crap.
    And his new "californian upper middle class parents lifestyle and I need to report how bad my darling precious sleeps every single day" is beyond obnoxious.

I know someone who worked for him, reported that he's an eejit to work for and his wife is just not ar5ed doing anything beside calling herself some position in the company and prefers others to do her work.

Make him disappear already please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

em_cat wrote:
    Raw Water

I nearly vomited there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Went back to school today after being out sick. My classroom was an absolute state. How hard is it for a sub to put back everything and organise the worksheets neatly on the table? It's so rude to leave it a mess. I would never have left a teachers room in a mess when I was subbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

My body. I’ve been so sore all over for no reason about two weeks now. Started off with creaky sore fingers, dr said psoriasis arthritis, here’s some steroids off you go. Then it’s my fingers and toes, and the steroids are gone, then it’s my back and my fingers and my toes, more steroids, told these aren’t a long term thing and he won’t be able to give me more. They’re gone, now it’s my fingers toes back legs and arms. My car feels like it has no power steering. It hurts to push open a in anyway heavy door, and as well as that it’s all my muscles. Had a massage on Tuesday. I love my deep tissue massages so am not a stranger to being beaten up (my physio is amazed because he tells me he has huge men who he has to do lighter pressure on) could only get a last min appointment with a regular massage therapist not a sports physio so she wasn’t as strong but I’m covered in bruises. I’m not comfortable, at all. I stand, I’m sore, I sit, im sore, I go to bed I’m sore, laying on my side I’m like a beached whale trying to turn over, lying on my back hurts. Changed my mattress, thought that would help. It didn’t.
    I’m in my 20s. It’s one thing after another. I’ve seen people in their 70s be in better condition than me

I know this so so well... I didn't cop on for oh I don't know... like, 10 years maybe, that it could be psoriatic arthritis (even though I had really bad pso all the while) and docs didn't even suggest it. I had to be the one to bring that up for them to look into it.

I dream of massages all the time, stretches, whatever, but can't really afford them tbh.

Methotrexate is tough going, but at least if that's any comfort, I haven't had a full on bad flare like you describe since I started. It's not gone (I thought I'd be going for long walks, skipping around and all), but at least it's not the real inflamed flare where you just want to curl up and cry. That constant pain, all day... all night... ugh. So far for me the Mtx is sort of taking the edge of it, a bit.
    The good days are coming, that flare will pass. I'm sorry I have no other way to comfort you, I wish you well.

I'm TA there is a specific spot I've been meaning to go to for photos in ages, and in spite of having 2 days off a week (job sharing), I haven't been able to free the time to actually go there.
    It's not even that far but I would need to block 3 hours there and back, and with appointments and obligations, even at week-ends, I just can't.

edit : sorry about OT other people.:(

I nearly vomited there.

sorry 'bout that, I wretched when I came across this fad last year stateside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Rogueish wrote: »
    TA1 We have a visitation of rats in the garden. They are 'heebie jeebie' inducing. I can see them from the window when they check for fallen titbits under the bird feeders. *shudder*

TA2 I had two builders in the house today who spotted them and not very reassuringly went "they are huge! As big as squirrels." FFS!

TA3 I checked the bait boxes and the little feckers have hardly touched the rat poison (I'm after smearing it witha dab of Nutella so hopefully they'll gobble it all up).

TA4 I've temporarily had to stop feeding the birds so that the rats will eat the rat poison instead of the fallen titbits off the feeder. The birds are examining the feeders to see if the buffet is back yet....

OH JESUS I HATE THEM SO MUCH!! You have all of my sympathy.

I am having literally the worst period of my life right now. I know I've said it before but this time it's true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I had a migraine last night, and I'm very sensitive to sounds and smells when I'm in the midst of one. My boyfriend made fish pie for his dinner and no matter where I went in the house last night, I could smell it.
    I finally fell asleep late last night, and woke an hour later and got sick. The smell must have turned my stomach in my sleep. I still have the migraine today.

Also I went for a consultation to start a personal training program the other night, the trainer couldn't have been kinder or more professional but I'm depressed off my head since.
    He says I only need to lose a stone or so but I feel like Godzilla in a pair of heels this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When you're savouring a really good cup of tea so much that you leave the last sup just a little bit too long and it's cold when you go to drink it :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Interview last Friday. Yeah, we'll be in touch early next week.. you're one of the frontrunning candidates... and Nothing!!!!!! :(

It looks like my weekend gardening plans are ruined again thanks to that stupid weather.

Someone received a letter from my department this morning, she just called me to ask if the letter came from my department, the letter which is on our headed paper, is signed by us, has all of our contact information on it and refers in detail to an appointment she had with us and also to tell me there should have been more sellotape on the envelope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Walking around with a blob of toothpaste on the front of my shirt the whole morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,934 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pretty sure I'm TA-ing my dog today. I'm at home preparing for a presentation I've to give this afternoon and every time I run through it she comes trotting in to see who I'm talking to and then gives me major stink-eye when she realises it's not her.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Those Microsoft scammers phoning you and then hanging up when they realize you're no gullible fool :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Those Microsoft scammers phoning you and then hanging up when they realize you're no gullible fool :rolleyes:

Happened here last week,teen answered the phone and he started shouting down the stairs that there was a fella on the phone wanting to fix the windows..😖

Feeling miserable in general today, sick, sore, tired etc. Ducked out of work early, planning to go home to bed and not surface for the weekend. Got home and remembered I'd stripped the bed in some delirious haze this morning, and now I can't find the clean sheets.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yesterday was just the worst day. On top of the constant headache I've had for ages now, I have to buy glasses (money), I discovered that my taxsmart bus scheme in work has been stopped so I have to buy normal bus tickets now (more money) and I stupidly called my sister with the normal phone rather than over WhatsApp or messenger and when I hung up Vodafone txted me to say that I'd just spend £52 on the phone call. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    I nearly got sick. EVEN MORE MONEY!

Firmoo.com for cheap glasses, around the 20 euro mark including delivery :) if you need help ordering or with prescription, just PM me, if be happy to help :)

Really sick today. Migraine. Nothing working. Boohoo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Have an ear infection and bronchitis. Great start to the weekend.

I have the worst cramps of my life. THE WORST. My dogs are all super concerned, they always know when I have my period so they're all being attentive and caring. STOP CROWDING ME!!

Literally feel like murdering everything. STOP LOOKING AT ME. GO AWAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ridiculous TripAdvisor reviews

I’ve read a few this evening from travelers in the Czech Republic giving out hell the display boards in some railway stations were not in English. Also blasting a Czech bus driver as he couldn’t answer their questions in English.

Some people expect the world to revolve around them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Fuming here.
    That mass I had to prepare, I did.

I am never ever ever ever doing something like this again.
    I have a second child due to do confirmation next year or year after, but I better not be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

The worst period pain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

When someone i don't like does litrally ANYTHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

When I write a post get distracted and then post gone. Stupid everything...

After having a chest infection recently I now have sinusitis. I have been sick more often then well this last month.

• Advertisement

Web MD and other Google results for symptoms. I'm pretty sure I have a run of the mill winter virus that only requires hot drinks and sleep, but Google says otherwise!

The hypochondriac in me comes out and takes a while for rationality to squash it again....

Probably a strange TA but I find it really odd that people leave outdoor lights on all night. It just TA's me for some reason. :confused:

northgirl wrote: »
    Probably a strange TA but I find it really odd that people leave outdoor lights on all night. It just TA's me for some reason. :confused:

My granny does it all the time, she lives alone in this huge house and is pretty paranoid that some Hungarians will break into her house and leaving it on might keep them away (spoiler: there is virtually no crime where she lives).

My TA is that there are so many cnuty people at shopping car parks. The Aldi I'm doing my shopping in has a few parent-kid spaces and if I can get my hands on one of them I really appreciate it because a) the car-park is quite small and pretty busy and b) I have a toddler in the car and need a bit of space getting her out of the car. So I was waiting for someone to leave one of these spots, indicated and behind that on the other side on a normal spot was a middle aged guy parking, he saw me. Once they left, he immediately just drove from his normal spot into the big spot giving me this look.
    The amount of people that simply park there and have no common sense to understand why they are there baffles me. I know there is no law but it's a simple thing of manners, TF is wrong with some people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

LirW wrote: »
    My granny does it all the time, she lives alone in this huge house and is pretty paranoid that some Hungarians will break into her house and leaving it on might keep them away (spoiler: there is virtually no crime where she lives).

Hungarians ? Why ?

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Hungarians ? Why ?

She lives around 70km away, she's old and racist.That generation believes in the stereotype of the bad hungarian burglars and thiefs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When I opened my chocolate buttons they were goupey and melted crying.gif

• Advertisement

Very TA'd for you.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stick them in the freezer for a couple of minutes, peel off the wrapper, and voilà, ONE. GIANT. BUTTON! (a misshapen one, I'll concede, but still....)

northgirl wrote: »
    Very TA'd for you.

I was inspired to buy them by you because you're always having them :o:D.

I was inspired to buy them by you because you're always having them :o:D.

Well I'm flattered :D Should really find a more profound means of being inspirational :pac:

*hope you've salvaged them!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote: »
    Stick them in the freezer for a couple of minutes, peel off the wrapper, and voilà, ONE. GIANT. BUTTON! (a misshapen one, I'll concede, but still....)

Genius!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

LirW wrote: »
    She lives around 70km away, she's old and racist.That generation believes in the stereotype of the bad hungarian burglars and thiefs.

No we don't ! I am old and not racist ! Nor to I think Hungarians are thiefs !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Nobody charges their bloody devices around here! Or rather everyone runs down their own devices, plugs them in to charge, uses mine leaving the battery at <5% and doesn't bother their bums to plug mine in!!!

I am so SERIOUSLY TA'd that i might just charge my own devices and then hide them and ALL the chargers.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

For some reason when I read this first I read “orange chocolate buttons” and I got all excited that there was such a thing and now I’m TA’d that there’s no orange chocolate buttons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

weak self serving leadership & taking the path of least resistance at the expense of others
    so disappointing to witness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

BBDBB wrote: »
    weak self serving leadership & taking the path of least resistance at the expense of others
    so disappointing to witness

I know how that feels. Sounds like where I work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

You durty durty yolk....!

To thine own self be true

You durty durty yolk....!

Excuse me :eek: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

T.a.'d 'cos my name is gone off the Title of the Where are Thread and I'm very upset about this. :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

TA'd that I'm still awake . Great .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA why can't I buy sleeping pills from chemist any time I want, this is the 3rd night in a row I've woke up around 4am just can't seem to go back to sleep, I want night night pills not some feckin herbal hippy bullshirt ones. Time to count some electric sheep.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement