Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭gifted

I'm awake....wide awake.....this isn't right....I just want to sleep but I'm wide awake...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

I'm actually shocked I survived the night with this period from HELL! SATAN HIMSELF SENT THIS TO ME! BAD SATAN!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Spent all last night learning that coughing until you are sick is a thing, finally seemed to settle down at about 6:30am and at 8:00am someone decides to start hedge strimming.... I am actually close to tears I'm so tired and emotional over it all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I am furious about the way someone has treated me and I want to actually murder someone no lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stoopid poxy ar$ecrapper of a poxy stupid Phone won't charge again. :mad::mad::(:( It gets to 12% and then stops charging... :(:( So so sick of it... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Foreign students in swarms standing on the footpaths like muppets making it practically impossible to pass!

Also clowns using self service tills in Supermarkets, sometimes you'd be quicker queuing at the regular tills.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

People with no spatial awareness eg. Doing the shopping and someone is choosing an item to put in their trolley oblivious to the fact their trolley is blocking the aisle and equally oblivious to the fact as they move away. Or when you are walking past someone's table in a cafe or restaurant and they pull out their chair straight into your path to get up.

Those knobs that don't use the carpark at Aldi but instead leave it right outside the front door and block the ramp bit in the footpath kerb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

CBG, re ignorant trolley users, "accidentally" crash into it with your trolley, or if you're feeling particularly nasty clip them on the ankle. The way they stand in the middle of the aisle staring into space, or yakking away. How are these people allowed to drive on the road if they can't manage a fecking trolley. Got me going now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

madmaggie wrote: »
    Got me going now!

You know another one ? when two (usually) women are planted there like two pillars chattering away and blocking access to products on the shelf behind them.

Usually products that busy Mums in a hurry need to grab and run like ham, or yoghurts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Working on a Saturday. In a public building. With the public. Sigh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ill never fully catch up on all my washing

Sure everything in the basket is done now, but the clothes i have on me will be too dirty to wear after this evening

Suppose ill just have to put up with my lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Ill never fully catch up on all my washing

Sure everything in the basket is done now, but the clothes i have on me will be too dirty to wear after this evening

Suppose ill just have to put up with my lot

That's simply because you left your laundry hanging on New Year's eve! :p

Ques in tesco.
    Not able, had to go to get a few essentials, spent five minutes walking round getting the bits, and spent 15 mins in the que for the self check outs.
    I nearly passed out waiting to pay for my three things while people let their kids scan, or spent twenty minutes looking for their wallets, or changed their minds about what they were buying, or didn't read the big sign that said card only and tried to pay with cash.... Very TAd.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

Bank ads are pathetic. This latest PTSB mortgage for a generic hipster couple is such horsesh*t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

that oral b ad. The one where the woman is shaking her bum for some reason, has the whitest teeth i have ever seen and declares she didn't know oral b made toothpaste. so annoying on so many levels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Those Yankee Candles wax tart things lose their scent VERY QUICKLY, I noticed lately.
    You know the things; you put one on top of a burner, place a tealight underneath and it melts the tart on top.
    It smells gorgeous for the first day of lighting but the next day it smells of nothing.
    Very annoying.

TA'd that I burnt the roof of my mouth eating pizza earlier and now I have a bit of hangy skin dangling from my palate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

that oral b ad. The one where the woman is shaking her bum for some reason, has the whitest teeth i have ever seen and declares she didn't know oral b made toothpaste. so annoying on so many levels.

Or that Doritos ad with yer man sucking the other fellas finger..ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Colser wrote: »

That one is just so weird . Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

fussyonion wrote:
    Those Yankee Candles wax tart things lose their scent VERY QUICKLY, I noticed lately. You know the things; you put one on top of a burner, place a tealight underneath and it melts the tart on top. It smells gorgeous for the first day of lighting but the next day it smells of nothing. Very annoying.

Don't melt the whole tart at the one time , break it in to pieces maybe 6 or so . Still the same scent but you get a few days out of one tart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Don't melt the whole tart at the one time , break it in to pieces maybe 6 or so . Still the same scent but you get a few days out of one tart.

Great idea! Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Colser wrote: »

That ad is down right creepy o_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Spent all day in bed- not good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

My mother snores like a train. Trying to sleep is torture.

Crows, scratching around on my roof since 6:30. Shut up crows. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

KatW4 wrote: »
    My mother snores like a train. Trying to sleep is torture.

For years I thought my mother did the same until one night I was in her house on my own and still heard the snoring. Turns out to be the dog.

My TA is waking up like a bear with a sore head. It's going to take some effort to get myself in a good mood today.

Sweating like a disgusting beast all night, woke up this morning feeling minging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

erica74 wrote: »
    Sweating like a disgusting beast all night, woke up this morning feeling minging.

I sleep with my knees curled up, woke up last night with puddles of sweat dripping off the back of my knees and legs, so gross, i had to double check that i hadnt wet myself, thats what it felt like!! Im sick and feverish at the moment and live in australia so that probably escalated things.

Noo wrote: »
    I sleep with my knees curled up, woke up last night with puddles of sweat dripping off the back of my knees and legs, so gross, i had to double check that i hadnt wet myself, thats what it felt like!! Im sick and feverish at the moment and live in australia so that probably escalated things.

Yeah, that's how I woke up too, feel naaaasty now, need a shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Eyelashes are meant to keep dirt out of our eyes,why is it that every now and then one of them ends up in my eye and stabs my eyeball repeatedly and defeats any attempt to remove it until it sees fit to come out of it's own accord after leaving me with a big bloodshot eye.

Slightly sore throat, hope it doesn't get any worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

that mass I had to prepare...it's on this morning.
    I'll be very TH when it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

When people write really nice reviews on trip advisor, praising a place, saying they would recommend it to friends - and then just rate it one star.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Use of the following words (and similar) in any discussion or debate:

- Cuck
    - Libtard
    - Republicúnt
    - Sheep
    - Leftists
    - Rightists

Use of those words only makes me assume you have the general intelligence of an angry 12 year old who's just discovered 4chan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Use of the following words (and similar) in any discussion or debate:

- Cuck
    - Libtard
    - Republicúnt
    - Sheep
    - Leftists
    - Rightists

Use of those words only makes me assume you have the general intelligence of an angry 12 year old who's just discovered 4chan.

Or snowflake .Once it appears in and argument I tend to ignore the post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I've been off since Friday (annual leave + weekend) and have had the vomiting bug since I woke up Friday morning. Only feeling better today and back to work tomorrow. So much for my super duper fun 3 day weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

iamwhoiam wrote:
    No we don't ! I am old and not racist ! Nor to I think Hungarians are thiefs !

Who's "we"? IIRC LirW isn't Irish so her mother is probably in her home country and we don't know what the "irrationally hated neighbour country of choice is". It's fairly common in many European countries. Not saying it's right, of course, but still, no idea on whose behalf you're getting affronted.

Today's TA: having to clean my own house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Noo

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I've been off since Friday (annual leave + weekend) and have had the vomiting bug since I woke up Friday morning. Only feeling better today and back to work tomorrow. So much for my super duper fun 3 day weekend!

Ugh I'm the same except bad cold instead of vomiting bug (see my previous post regarding my sweaty knees). Back to work tomorrow after the most boring weekend lying on the couch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Doing chores on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The never ending hungover starvation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Persistent headache. Not even a hangover to make it a little bit worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

northgirl wrote: »
    Persistent headache. Not even a hangover to make it a little bit worthwhile.

I hate them,nothing seems to shift them

Been sick since last week, and only got worse over the weekend.

It's not even 1 pm on Sunday and I'm already freaking out about the off chance that I may still be unwell on Monday and have to figure out what to do regarding work. If I could stop winding myself up I'd probably get better faster.... So yet again, I am my own TA...

TG1 wrote: »
    Been sick since last week, and only got worse over the weekend.

It's not even 1 pm on Sunday and I'm already freaking out about the off chance that I may still be unwell on Monday and have to figure out what to do regarding work. If I could stop winding myself up I'd probably get better faster.... So yet again, I am my own TA...

Unless you are self employed don't be worrying about work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

kfallon wrote: »
    Unless you are self employed don't be worrying about work!

Good advice there. Get yourself better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Sitting in the NCT office...the interminable waiting...this is after I left my house way too early so was sitting in the car park for 15 minutes until it was an acceptable time to go in.

I could have gotten so much done today!

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Good advice there. Get yourself better.

I don't give out bad advice..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So Coachella is happening as we know but almost every bloody hashtag about only seems to mention Beyonce. There's other artists performing at it but it's Beychella is all I'm seeing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Over at a friends house yesterday, ate a ton of ****e. Have been a bloated mess since. Can't help myself though if someone puts a bag of doritos and a box of french fancies in front of me!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

That Sunday evening fear creeping in! Still have washing to do, catch up on assignments and work, pack and have to do a 3 hour drive back yet.
    Sundays are fast becoming a TA to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Micky___ wrote: »
    That Sunday evening fear creeping in! Still have washing to do, catch up on assignments and work, pack and have to do a 3 hour drive back yet.
    Sundays are fast becoming a TA to me.

It gets so stressy I sometimes have a drink to relax. Well one drink is often not enough and so end result is a hangover first thing Monday morning. Great start to the week. ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement