Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    box of french fancies in front of me!

Oh jesus I'd love a box of french fancies now

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

It's my birthday and I feel really sad :(

It's been a tough year with a breakup and work and general life stress and it's left me with just this abiding sense of sadness today at getting older and not being entirely happy with my lot. I'm very lucky to have a great family and some close friends and a good job yadda yadda, but it's hard not to compare to the people around me who seem to have it all together and sorted when I'm still sort of striving to find some level of balance and contentedness in life.

Anyway, massively self indulgent post I know. I guess my TA is feeling blue when I should be stuffing my face with birthday cake (will be doing that later I'm sure. Thank god for cake)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Bambi985 wrote: »

It's been a tough year with a breakup and work and general life stress and it's left me with just this abiding sense of sadness today at getting older and not being entirely happy with my lot. I'm very lucky to have a great family and some close friends and a good job yadda yadda, but it's hard not to compare to the people around me who seem to have it all together and sorted when I'm still sort of striving to find some level of balance and contentedness in life.

Anyway, massively self indulgent post I know. I guess my TA is feeling blue when I should be stuffing my face with birthday cake (will be doing that later I'm sure. Thank god for cake)

(((((Hugs))))) I hear ya! I hate birthdays for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When the sun peeps out and you think it's a grand "Drying day" and open the windows to let the air blow through the house, someone else thinks it's a grand day to burn all the piles of trees and hedging in the fields that the farmer cut a few months ago, started early yesterday still going today, thought it was illegal to do these burns, the whole area stinks.:mad:

fire_1.jpg

fire_2.jpg

print screen windows

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's the keyword, Bambi. Happy birthday and happy cake to you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My neighbour gave me a really nice bottle of wine. I thought I'd sit back with the papers, the wine, and a cosy fire. A couple of sips and my contrary stomach said no way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Happy Birthday. If it's any consolation I went through this just 3 months ago. It was one of the worst days I can remember. Not the same circumstances obviously but I am feeling better and stronger now. I hope you will too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Happy Bday Bambi!

My TA: smoke alarm in the kitchen, WHY?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Following on from my previous quinoa difficulties, I just forgot that I put a pot of it on the stove and have now destroyed my favourite pot. Damn wine making me forgetful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bambi !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

People that genuinely say "you have the life" or "it's alright for some" if they happen to hear you're heading to the races or away for a nice weekend etc. as if you somehow shouldn't do these things :pac:

If you didn't go on the piss 3 nights a week in the same pubs every week of the year you might have the money to go somewhere you moaner :rolleyes:

I know most people do say these things tongue in cheek but there are people i know that genuinely feel the need to pass comment on my weekend away even though i would never even have told them about it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

People that genuinely say "you have the life" or "it's alright for some" if they happen to hear you're heading to the races or away for a nice weekend etc. as if you somehow shouldn't do these things :pac:

If you didn't go on the piss 3 nights a week in the same pubs every week of the year you might have the money to go somewhere you moaner :rolleyes:

In a similar vein, people often feel like it's ok to pass comments like that when they find out I have a horse. I get the "oh wow, you must be rolling in it" comments... In actual fact I scrimp and save on every other aspect of my life to keep said horse.
    Life is all about choices and an awful lot of people don't realise that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I know most people do say these things tongue in cheek but there are people i know that genuinely feel the need to pass comment on my weekend away even though i would never even have told them about it :confused:

Did you head to Liverpool for the racing Pat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

Apologies, maybe i could've phrased that better, my comment about the pub was aimed at these particular people that have made comments, i know it's not the same for everyone.

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you head to Liverpool for the racing Pat?

Unfortunately not, couldn't get off work :o
    Can't say i would've made much money anyway.
    Punchestown will be better this year anyway i feel with the Gordon/Wilie ammo.

Patww79 wrote: »

I'm quite annoyed by the general sense of understanding or compassion some have when people don't have much, even though they work. There are so many different situations, there are plenty of other parts of the country beside Cork, Dublin and Galway.

Friend of mine lives with her partner and kids and live a very frugal life. They go for 2 weeks to Spain next year. How they do it? Budget every cent, don't have unnecessary spends, have a look out for bargains. Why should I be bitter? None of my business really.
    People despise the one's having less because they are scoungers, and they despise the people having more than them because they are loaded, have a nicer car and a nicer house in a nicer area. People should just chill more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Can I get an amen! I go to rugby/football matches away (UK/France/Italy) and people go on - oh you have it easy...) maybe cos I dont pour my wages down my throat every Friday evenig. I don’t spend loads on clothes and food.
    Even when I do go abroad I dont stay in expensive hotels and I travel as inexpensively as I can!

I have next week booked to go to London and onto Bordeaux Sunday to the rugby- but I’m in really bad form atm- I know I’m in the middle of a depression bout. I can barely get out of bed for work and I spent most of this weekend in bed! I don’t even know if I’ll be up to going next week. Woke up last night feeling so ill- thought I was going to get sick but I didn’t. Still ill in the pit of my stomach. I hate feeling like this. Everything feels such a mess atm!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Feckin statistics.... SPSS in particular actually any bloody statistic package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bambi !

All around to Bambis for cake and champers!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

No. No. It's okay millennial "mommy".

I don't mind your children running amok in the petrol station and holding me up as I pay for petrol (with cars queuing behind me in the forecourt).

Work away there and let them take their time picking out their pre-approved treat. I have nothing better to be doing of a Sunday evening.

In the same vein of begrudgery, if you don't drink, smoke, dress up to the nines, then you're too mean to live. If, like me, you prefer to save up for health insurance and have a decent car, then how can she afford it, and who does she think she is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

TA at really bad heartburn. I've had it all week-end.
    I know an apple would help, but that means getting off from my warm bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

TA at really bad heartburn. I've had it all week-end.
    I know an apple would help, but that means getting off from my warm bed...

I thought an apple would make it worse,what about a glass of milk?I thought I would die from heartburn when I was pregnant,it was nearly worse than labour.😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Colser wrote: »
    I thought an apple would make it worse,what about a glass of milk?I thought I would die from heartburn when I was pregnant,it was nearly worse than labour.��

Just went and had an apple. No, an apple seems to work really well, don't know what it is about it, maybe the pectin ?
    I was the same in pregnancy, horrible ! This one is probably medication related, took harsh tablets and I think I probably forgot and took them on an empty stomach. That'll learn me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

TA List as at 02:54, 16/4/2018
    • Humans
    • Humans again
    • Humans asking stupid questions
    • The human who said "there's no such thing as stupid questions"
    • Asking questions that can be answered in 30 seconds with a Google search
    • Lazy humans too lazy to do things for themselves anymore cos technology does everything but wipe their @rse for them!
    • Humans for the third time
    • Rats
    • Pigeons
    • Daylight Savings Time
    • Bad drivers
    • Bad drivers who cannot negotiate a roundabout properly
    • Audi/Mercedes/BMW drivers who think they own the road!
    • Bigotry, ignorance and injustice
    • Bob The Builder
    • + many many more!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

The wailing 'thanks now fck off' music in a local food court type place.

The fact that it's justified by the number of gibbering bumbling asshles that awkward their way around loudly. Going one way then the other, **** about whether they should have a large fries and a regular burger or a regular fries and a large burger, concocting their hour long order at the til.

There's nowhere for us simple loners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

The increasing frequency of news media articles about what Gerry Ryan's kids are doing. It's looking a bit like "Keeping Up with the Ryans". :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

A sore/bloodshot eye.

Apologies to all the males and females so far today today that though I was a creepy weirdo winking at them.

storker wrote: »
    The increasing frequency of news media articles about what Gerry Ryan's kids are doing. It's looking a bit like "Keeping Up with the Ryans". :rolleyes:

Only last week I was chatting to someone who had been to the Civic theatre a while ago . Rex Ryan was in some play or other and she said he was dreadful . People actually stood up and walked out and at the interval at least two thirds left and didn't come back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I haven't had a cup of tea yet!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Rain and wind.

I'm so god damned sick of the lousy weather the last few weeks. I'm sick of every gob****e saying "Sure it's only spring showers".

No, it's bloody well not spring showers if it hasn't stopped fecking raining.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Rain and wind.

I'm so god damned sick of the lousy weather the last few weeks. I'm sick of every gob****e saying "Sure it's only spring showers".

Ya, was going to post this too. Really would love a break from the Weather Warnings!!

Rain and wind.

I'm absolutely frantic, my front garden is a clay field, I wanna turn the back garden pretty since it's so overgrown and I didn't bother starting doing anything in autumn when we moved in. If I seed out the lawn it's all be washed away, I can't deal with it anymore. The walks I take I come home covered in muck and wet like a dog, I can't go any trails since they are all muckfields and I can't push the buggy through it.

It's not spring showers, it's spring monsoon, I'm so sick of it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA why can't I burn everything I don't like people places ideas books my bank account the bastards that invented diabetes rejection too I'd throw lighter fluid on that pr1ck. Just another moping monday. :(

Rain and wind.

I work as a gardener, or would be if the weather wasn't so horrendous. Apart from loss of income, I miss being out there, the going to work, the work itself. There's only so many times you can clean out the cupboards and the shed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Despite going to sleep after 2am I woke a whole hour before my alarm went off for work. I was just starting to fall back to sleep when it was time to get up. Its now lunch time and I'm still not over this inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Rain and wind.

According to Met Eireann rain is recorded on about 260 days a year.

I haven't been that bothered by the weather recently. We've had a few nice days where my walk to work has been lovely and I'm happy with that.

However I would love to live somewhere where I could be certain about the weather. On a sunny day here you still check the weather forecast just in case. And then you still pack an umbrella or anorak just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that unpaid placements are a thing. I know it's a "learning experience" but doing full time hours and getting nothing monetary in return is exhausting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

TA: Threads being renamed all the time. Gets oddly confusing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

OhMyGodddd I'm 38 now! :o:o It has just whoosh hit me! Yuck yuck yuckety yuck! Wonder what'd be like to be 18 again! Or 28.. I can probably add on another year too to age preferences in searches on Online Dating lol! That doesn't exactly fill me with delight either! Edging ever nearer to the forties...

Not feeling it today, the more the day progresses the more TA'd I'm getting. By around 3.30 you'll be able to drop the 'T' ffs.

Mondays can go and get fooked

OhMyGodddd I'm 38 now! :o:o It has just whoosh hit me! Yuck yuck yuckety yuck! Wonder what'd be like to be 18 again! Or 28.. I can probably add on another year too to age preferences in searches on Online Dating lol! That doesn't exactly fill me with delight either! Edging ever nearer to the forties...

Ohh how I wish I was 38 again !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not to mention having to scroll down a few more sections when filling in online forms for DOB.

Even the thought of how far the weekend is away has me annoyed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Hah Ted.... Hhmmmm think it tends to be 39 at start of new-age-category for official Forms and stuff if I'm not mistaken...?! But we'll see the next time I'm filling out one. :D

Extremely trivial, but the rain is woefully feicing loud. Actually maybe that's moreso the wind..

It's just gone 2 on Monday and I'm as useful as a chocolate teapot.. Could lie down on the floor and sleep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Forgot to bring my jacket and its lashing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hah Ted.... Hhmmmm think it tends to be 39 at start of new-age-category for official Forms and stuff if I'm not mistaken...?! But we'll see the next time I'm filling out one. :D

Extremely trivial, but the rain is woefully feicing loud. Actually maybe that's moreso the wind..

I was on about selecting the year

• Advertisement

Attention seekers. Where I work is full of them. A special mention to our Receptionist who is responsible for the maintenance of our Intranet and has kindly self-appointed herself as "Front Office Manager"... give me strength..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement