Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

northgirl wrote: »
    It's just gone 2 on Monday and I'm as useful as a chocolate teapot.. Could lie down on the floor and sleep.

Do it for the laugh, that would cheer me up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Checked and double checked the meal deal items at Tesco and now checking my receipt an hour and more later I didn't get the discount. Not the first time this has happened though luckily I was still in the shop the last time to get it sorted.
    The sandwich toaster keeps making clicking noises after it is turned off and I keep thinking I have left it on.
    I got a sexy pair of fleece lined clogs a few weeks ago for inside and tipping out to the washing line etc. :). Everytime I take them off the fleece linings come out with my feet. So bloody annoying !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,932 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Bambi985 wrote: »
    I'm very lucky to have a great family and some close friends and a good job yadda yadda, but it's hard not to compare to the people around me who seem to have it all together and sorted when I'm still sort of striving to find some level of balance and contentedness in life.

I feel you. As I said recently, it seems like everyone I know is like "Yay, I just got made director at my job!" or "Yay, look at the fabulous house we just bought!" and I'm, like, super psyched if I manage to sync my Harry Potter pyjamas up with my Harry Potter bedclothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I feel you. As I said recently, it seems like everyone I know is like "Yay, I just got made director at my job!" or "Yay, look at the fabulous house we just bought!" and I'm, like, super psyched if I manage to sync my Harry Potter pyjamas up with my Harry Potter bedclothes.

If it's any consolation if I can sync my Gryffindor pj bottoms with my Gryffindor pj top I'm doing well, I often end up in Slytherin bottoms and a Gryffindor top! The shame! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

I went to the dr about my swollen throat, she could find no sign of infection (swollen glands etc) so she has arranged for me to have a procedure (where they look at your throat with a camera), to rule out other explanations, I'm scared :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I went to the dr about my swollen throat, she could find no sign of infection (swollen glands etc) so she has arranged for me to have a procedure (where they look at your throat with a camera), to rule out other explanations, I'm scared :(

when they ask you if you want some numbing spray say yes. and as much valium as they will give you.

I got paid today and literally transferred the entire lot straight back out of my account in various payments. Have €399.99 left in my overdraft to do me til the 16th of next month. I actually feel sick at how quickly that went. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I was out in the garden and doing bits around the house this weekend, cleaning I pushed back a bit. I'm pretty sore after digging the previous owner's awfully non maintained monstrosities out of the front garden and nobody came even up with the idea to just grab the hoover and give downstairs a quick clean. Spent 45 minutes this morning hoovering and steaming the floors. So annoyed.

On the upside, he made cinnamon rolls, they were good. Also he had to promise me to lay the laminate the coming weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Alleged Peel and Seal packs that neither peel or seal.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

I'm TA'd that my online banking app rarely actually reflects what's truly in my account and fools me into believing that transactions have already processed when they haven't which in turn deceits me into believing that I am richer than I truly am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Got soaked on the way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Spent an age cooking a nice veggie meatball tea for the young fella only to be told that he had meatballs in his afterschool club today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

kfallon wrote: »
    Do it for the laugh, that would cheer me up :D

i didnt'.. i just went home..:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

when they ask you if you want some numbing spray say yes. and as much valium as they will give you.

will do:) thanks

northgirl wrote: »
    i didnt'.. i just went home..:pac:

Awwww spoilsport :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

put a cookie in the microwave for a minute and it burnt, place stinks of smoke now.

So after I spent my precious breakfast time cleaning the floors spotless, he comes home from work and walks in straight through to the kitchen with his wet shoes WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

LirW wrote: »
    So after I spent my precious breakfast time cleaning the floors spotless, he comes home from work and walks in straight through to the kitchen with his wet shoes WTF.

Grounds for divorce there.ðŸ˜

Colser wrote: »
    Grounds for divorce there.ðŸ˜

I can call the wedding next year off, no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Guy that sits near me in work eats a packet of crisps e every day. I don't know what annoys me more the smell or the sound. Why can't he eat them in kitchen like everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

My car failed the NCT yesterday on two visual defects...there’s no charge for a retest, just bring it in any time so they can confirm it’s fixed.

Brought it to the mechanics today and it’s costing me 75 Euro to fix. Beyond TA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Someone at the front of the line in Aldi this evening had brought their own bags which they used them to gather their shopping off the shelves which meant they then had to repack at the checkout.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What's the difference between that and using a basket of a trolley?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Someone at the front of the line in Aldi this evening had brought their own bags which they used them to gather their shopping off the shelves which meant they then had to repack at the checkout.

I do that. Not sure about Aldi as I rarely shop there but since Lidl changed their baskets to the deep wheelie ones I find it much easier to just use my own bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

quickbeam wrote: »
    I do that. Not sure about Aldi as I rarely shop there but since Lidl changed their baskets to the deep wheelie ones I find it much easier to just use my own bags.

Would you not ever be worried that doing that in any shop that the staff might think you're nicking stuff!?

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not if you go through the till and you show them that the bag is empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

My neighbour put the bin out in the high wind and when I brought out my rubbish stuff was all over the street so I had to pick it up. Got soaked to the bone and was wearing flip flops and stood in deep puddles. Not good. Not good at all. I'd say by the morning the same thing will happen again and pieces of rubbish will be floating miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Not trivial at all, but I'm glad I got a new roof on the house a few years back. Otherwise it would be like the house in The Wizard of Oz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Office workers (well me anyway) want to get their chair “just” right

Your favorite height , amount it leans back, oh everything

I sit beside a meeting room so when there were more chairs than people someone took my chair. Ok forgiven but now it’s messed up

When I first leaned back I nearly toppled backwards as the settings for the back are gone.

I’m gonna tippex my name on it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

So apparently The Simpsons is racist because of Apu and Willy the groundskeeper. Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

erica74 wrote:
    So apparently The Simpsons is racist because of Apu and Willy the groundskeeper. Seriously.

Sure did you not know, all those movies and series you enjoyed growing up were all racist, sexist and misogynistic vehicles? Movies like 'The Breakfast Club', 'The Goonies', 'Back to the Future' etc etc. We'd want to take a long hard look at ourselves if we enjoyed those movies...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is probably more than a TA, actually it is.

Wellington Road in the Phoenix Park was converted to a 1 way road with a 2 direction cycle lane last year. The cycle lanes are green, solid white lines and clearly indicating they are cycle lanes.
    This road is sometimes busy in the morning, it moves, but sometimes gets backed up. Today was one of those days.
    Some pr*ck decides he doesn't want to sit in the line of traffic so does a U turn onto the 2 cycle lanes, drives in the wrong direction in the 1 way system over the 2 cycle lanes.
    I think it can't get worse than that, but then some other pr*ck over takes the line of slow moving traffic in the cycle lanes.

Just wait ye bleedin saps.

Another TA, we had a team make something for a project, it's after breaking loads of stuff. They never told us about this thing they made.
    So today they told us that 'we made this, it broke everything, fix everything please. Now'. ggrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

GP appointment made... Small fortune to be paid for a piece of paper and to be told to drink water and stay in bed....
    But if it gets the mammy off my back for a while about not looking after myself then it may be worth it..

woke up with a pain behind my eyeballs. pressing on them hurts. this sucks.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

woke up with a pain behind my eyeballs. pressing on them hurts. this sucks.

I've had one sore eye the past few days, it's all bloodshot as well.
    I'm thinking of getting an eyepatch and pretend to be a pirate for a few days.

8e5434201655e62109dd1c1979e8ef5f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The constant beeping warnings of a phone battery that's on its last legs.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

New glasses are making me nauseous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Mollyb60 wrote: »

I am trying out varifocals for the first time. They are a real head wrecker but I really want them to work for me. I need more patience with them.

a customer i have worked with for nearly 12 years who still spells my name incorrectly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Parkman77

Sinusitis.
    Feel like crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

TA'd yesterday evening pulled in to get diesel on the way home from work, put 40euro in. Glanced up again at the screen before I went in to pay. I had put 40 fcukin litres in. 51something euro. Feck it. So thought right whatever I'll use it anyways. So topped it up to 55 cos ocd. Gauge still didn't show full tank.. Goddammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Maybe it's the alcohol in the glasses that's making you nauseous?
    TA'd that I'm not drinking alcohol now.
    Let's all go for a drink.

You're not supposed to eat them! :pac::pac::pac:

Realising that the outfit I wore today makes me look like a 60's Beatnik poet.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    “Going for dinner with my hubby”
    “I’ll check the bank account with my hubby”

And so on

Seriously makes me TA’d :mad:

Ridiculous word

Stop using it so :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,808 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd that that American Gods series 2 is still a while away, didn't realize they were having issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When you've been dithering/thinking about ordering something online, finally make up your mind aaannnddddd.... 'Out of Stock' #sake

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

When you've been dithering/thinking about ordering something online, finally make up your mind aaannnddddd.... 'Out of Stock' #sake

A big TA of mine! Then giving out to myself for being an eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

That's why I ordered my shoes on Sunday :) Always happens me tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Starting personal training tonight. Might have to pop a few valium before I go. The stress of having to exercise in front of other people is making me feel ill.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement