Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Dropbox icon on the scroll bar... why, like? It's always in the way. Insta-hide every time :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I was on the phone to the car insurance company. I asked what documents I had to post to them. Oh no, we do all that online nowadays. I felt like a dinosaur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I've been off since Friday (annual leave + weekend) and have had the vomiting bug since I woke up Friday morning. Only feeling better today and back to work tomorrow. So much for my super duper fun 3 day weekend!

Still have this "bug" and off from work and the doctor thinks it might be gallstones. Wahh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The public. Need to find a new job maybe!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

People being rude. Yes you might have a complaint but there's no point in being rude to me about it, I'm only the one answering the phones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,931 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The way peeling a clementine leaves your fingers looking like you've smoked 80 fags a day for your entire life.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Roommates banging doors. I live in an apartment with heavy fire doors that slam shut behind you. I don't know why my roommates feel the need to come in and come out of the living area / kitchen about 20 times in a row letting the door slam each time.
    Especially irritating at night time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Driving towards Limerick this evening, unmarked detective car behind me. Going the speed limit, all good. Suddenly the cops start flashing the blues and twos and go absolutely barrelling past me, going at least 100km/h in a 60km/h zone. I know they could have been going to an emergency, but unlikely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm just watching This crowded house with the girl and her boyfriend who want to save but the parents want her out. So she comes up with the idea of putting a log cabin in her folks garden or maybe a granny flat. After back and forth the parents said they find the granny flat is a better solution and when they top up their mortgage they want the daughter to pay the difference. Suddenly the girl whinges "ahhh yeah we didn't want to rent, so we're basically renting off you, what's the point?". The top up is 300 quid. 300 quid rent for a granny flat in Dublin.
    Entitled much?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I am trying out varifocals for the first time. They are a real head wrecker but I really want them to work for me. I need more patience with them.

Stick with them , it does get easier .
    Eventually :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

It annoys me that this thread should be entitled 'Trivial things which annoy you'.
    No?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

It annoys me that this thread should be entitled 'Trivial things which annoy you'.
    No?

TA that you just noticed now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm wide awake, I'm not sleeping, oh no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

No?

I was sure that was there as an advert for trivial things that annoy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

That the alarm on the iPhone just goes on and bloody on! Every other alarm I’ve ever had gives up after a while, but no, the iPhone one will go on until the end of time (or the battery dies, whichever comes first)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Today must be 'be a pain in the arse while driving day'. The amount of absolute idiots I encountered on the road this morning is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Forgot to bring my Jacket again and its lashing, I could sworn I put my rain Jacket in my bag Monday.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is super trivial, my 7 year old daughter has nicer handwriting than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I still have the same pain behind me eyes that i had yesterday. this sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Co-workers talking shiite.

God give me strength. Ffs

• Advertisement

KatW4 wrote: »
    Today must be 'be a pain in the arse while driving day'. The amount of absolute idiots I encountered on the road this morning is ridiculous.

Partner was staying in Dublin overnight with his folks, on his way into work he saw 2 car crashes within 500 meter.

TA that I ran out of bread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When something that shouldn’t break your stride does and you struggle to motivate yourself to do something that you previously loved to do and took pride in doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The girl I sit next to is wittering on about Au Pairs but she keeps calling her AW PAIR rather than O PAIR. It's doing my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Just got a call from one of those scammers that say they're from Microsoft and there's something wrong with your computer. He was really rude because i told him i wasnt interested. They make out like your computer is about to blow up if you don't take their "advice".

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Just got a call from one of those scammers that say they're from Microsoft and there's something wrong with your computer. He was really rude because i told him i wasnt interested. They make out like your computer is about to blow up if you don't take their "advice".

All my neighbours and myself got them yesterday, I just hung up straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

northgirl wrote: »
    The girl I sit next to is wittering on about Au Pairs but she keeps calling her AW PAIR rather than O PAIR. It's doing my head in.

Kids talk.....that's what I have to put up with every fooking day in work. I don't care about your kids or your family ffs. We are not friends.

Kids are like farts, you can only stand your own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lady who works in the office with me has a serious issue with pronouncing the word 'yes'. She says 'yeah-us' every single time. It drives me bananas.

Have to go get passport photos taken at lunchtime. Stressing coz I hate those stupid machines. Always feel like a fool in them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Lady who works in the office with me has a serious issue with pronouncing the word 'yes'. She says 'yeah-us' every single time. It drives me bananas.

Have to go get passport photos taken at lunchtime. Stressing coz I hate those stupid machines. Always feel like a fool in them.

just be grateful you dont look like a serial killer like i do in mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I woke up with my ear plug in my mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

kfallon wrote: »

Kids are like farts, you can only stand your own

and even then...not always

This is trivial, not my business and a bit judgy but; ladies who go running without proper support. Get a fricken sports bra! One woman passed me today and it just looked so painful I'm genuinely wincing every time I think of it. :o

Also - I'm TA'd at how crappy our system is here. I've been waiting to get teeth pulled under sedation for over 2 years, I finally get an appointment, go and be told they won't do it under sedation. (I got a big speech about how there are cancer patients who need beds why do I think I should get one for my teeth - eh because I was told it would be done in a DENTAL hospital). So I checked how much for privately here - over 3K. I contacted a dentist just north of the border and they can do it in 2 weeks for less than €700. Now, I'm in the middle of a lot of money hungry things so can't afford to get it done until end of July and I'm terrified I will get another infection or sinus pain in the meantime because I'll be RAGING.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,931 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

northgirl wrote: »

I saw someone refer to their male betrothed as their fiancée yesterday. That's nails-on-blackboard stuff to me.

Also, people who write "Just my €0.02". Just write 2c, you knob :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

As soon as you hear Microsoft just hang up the phone, there nothing but a bunch of clowns :mad:!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's 3 recycling bins for drink cans at my local Tesco, all full. For a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I ate my Double Decker too quickly and now it's gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Currently lying , head tilted to try get drops for my ear infection to stay in, half deaf. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

People posting on Facebook about alternative medicines and cures. Giving out about "big pharma" not allowing a certain cure (say vitamin x) A google tells me that vitamin x doesn't even exist and is a name given to a certain partly synthetic substance that contains large amounts of a well known poison. The national charity for the illness has even a warning up about it.
    Also that Mexican clinics are offering the treatment for thousands. But yeah "big pharma" are unscrupulous and money hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

kfallon wrote:
    Co-workers talking shiite.

Mine are coughing & splattering. If they are looking for sympathy, they have the wrong desk neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Off today and I woke at ten to seven. It's time for bed again now I can't keep my eyes open. :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Just got a call from one of those scammers

Next time they call I'm going to say 'Oh brilliant, I'm glad you called. Just hang on a second" and see how long I can keep them on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

As I was driving home this evening, I was behind a people carrier with a load of kids in the back. The whole time I was behind it, the driver didn't use her indicators once and she drove through 2 red lights. Next thing, she started slowing down and came to a stop in the middle of the road, still no indicators, and it transpired we were both turning into the same petrol station.
    So I pulled up to the pump and she parked at the shop. I filled up with petrol, fiddled around in my bag and then replied to a message on my phone before going into the shop to pay. She waited outside the shop all that time to tell me "you shouldn't be driving that fast". I said to her "sure I was behind you" and she said "I know, and I've a car full of kids". So I said to her "but I could only have been driving as fast as you were driving if I was behind you?". She looked at me like I was asking her to solve a riddle. She then had THE CHEEK to say "well you need to be more careful on the road" so I said "says the woman who drove through 2 red lights and didn't use her indicators once, I think I'll take driving advice from someone who knows how to drive". She then said "who asked your opinion?" YOU DID BY STARTING THIS FUCKING CONVERSATION!!! I just laughed at her and walked off.
    How is it only Wednesday???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Very trivial but checktheregister NEVER effing works! And I am registered! But then when I think of other things, for eg., the area of my Village I'm from - on Google Maps it's spelt wrong as I'm sure other Townlands and areas are. And then that makes me wonder how does An Post and other services manage to work! I'm also just wondering if there is any money that's put into the likes of those sh1tty programmes and apps and features such as checktheregister when it doesn't even feicing work. :rolleyes: If there is, it could be money that's better spent used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Driving behind 6 Batt (on a sticker on the window) army suv yesterday, came to a junction, the rear windows came down a bit, passengers flick the ash off the cigarettes, we move on from the junction the left rear passenger flicks the thing out the window, little bit further on the rear right person flicks theirs out the window, dirty beggers.
    Who's their C/O till I have a rant?? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Very trivial but checktheregister NEVER effing works! And I am registered! But then when I think of other things, for eg., the area of my Village I'm from - on Google Maps it's spelt wrong as I'm sure other Townlands and areas are. And then that makes me wonder how does An Post and other services manage to work! I'm also just wondering if there is any money that's put into the likes of those sh1tty programmes and apps and features such as checktheregister when it doesn't even feicing work. :rolleyes: If there is, it could be money that's better spent used elsewhere.

Just checked it too.......ERROR.....Try again later.

About to eat and get pain in stomach :mad:

erica74 wrote: »
    As I was driving home this evening, I was behind a people carrier with a load of kids in the back. The whole time I was behind it, the driver didn't use her indicators once and she drove through 2 red lights. Next thing, she started slowing down and came to a stop in the middle of the road, still no indicators, and it transpired we were both turning into the same petrol station.
    So I pulled up to the pump and she parked at the shop. I filled up with petrol, fiddled around in my bag and then replied to a message on my phone before going into the shop to pay. She waited outside the shop all that time to tell me "you shouldn't be driving that fast". I said to her "sure I was behind you" and she said "I know, and I've a car full of kids". So I said to her "but I could only have been driving as fast as you were driving if I was behind you?". She looked at me like I was asking her to solve a riddle. She then had THE CHEEK to say "well you need to be more careful on the road" so I said "says the woman who drove through 2 red lights and didn't use her indicators once, I think I'll take driving advice from someone who knows how to drive". She then said "who asked your opinion?" YOU DID BY STARTING THIS FUCKING CONVERSATION!!! I just laughed at her and walked off.

Hahaha Jesus,some people,I feel embarrassed for her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Waking up to the dreaded buzzing sound of a flying insect somewhere in the house, yet I see no sign.
    When I attempt to move toward the sound, it stops. Like it knows I want to kill it - are bee's psychic?
    It's either him or me, one bee sting and I'm a goner.

Identify thyself small creature - are ye fly or bee? We demandest thou showest thyself immediately! Damm ya wicked, tiny, flitty, fly-away, buzzy people killer (shakes fist and assumes position of stealthy, ninja bee hunter on a mission.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

erica74 wrote: »

How did you manage to stay behind her after she went through 2 sets of red lights, I assume you stopped for the reds ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    New glasses are making me nauseous.
    I wear glasses because I'm short sighted and have done for years. My pets broke my glasses and it was a good 8 months before I replaces them (things were very tight financially). When I finally got my glasses replaced, it was like being drunk. My eyes had adjusted to not seeing things properly and when I wore the new glasses, they needed time to readjust! I was advised not to cycle home as my perception was really thrown off balance.
    No?
    You must be new here :p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My TA is the weather (I know it's Ireland but still). I spent the last year re-doing the whole garden and last October I planted a load of crocus, bluebells, daffodils, tulips etc. I thought that come spring time the garden would look like a rainbow. When the crocus's came up, it was raining so much that their poor stems were broken and they never really took off.

Now it's "spring" and the weather finally warmed up, so I thought I'd catch a break but now the TA is the wind. It's brutal. The daffodils did come up but they took a battering. Everyday I'd go out and see the poor things looking so deflated and depressed because they simply got blown over. It's all a learning curve I suppose.

It's a TH but also kind of a TA. Realised I'm a very sensitive soul. Always known it but the depth of it has really hit home lately. It's good in a lot of ways but constantly "feeling" so much all the time can be overwhelming sometimes but lovely too I suppose.

(weird post)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement