Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I've been taking driving lessons out in Maynooth for a while. When I finish the lesson, I walk to the main street to get a bus and literally every time I see people on their phones while passing through the main junction there even during the middle of a turn. And I don't mean talking, I mean with the phone down by their lap and texting or posting.

Having just spent on hour or two being told how important observation is, that makes me crazy. Some have N or L plates too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

The patronizing tone of some posters when their argument is not as strong as they might like it to be.
    Things like "my dear", "sleep well", "take care" added to the post does not make an "iffy" argument any bit stronger.

There's a person like that in my workplace. They could be spouting the most tremendous BS but they seem to think if they wrap it up in the patronizing package that will placate people.

It doesn't.

People just loose interest in arguing with anyone at that level of obnoxious-ness, and privately the fact you act like a jerk overwhelms the substance (if there was any) of your argument, so from a discussion point of view you have just spoiled things for yourself and others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Patww79 wrote: »
    Slow walking people in airports are a blight which needs eradicated from the planet.

And the ones that stop bang slap in the doors of the exit into arrivals to squeel and hug their family . Meantime the rest of the people arriving stumble into them and fall over the reunion group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Working on the nicest day of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

That James Blunt on one of the tv ad's the girls have on constantly, his voices grips me and brings on a tidal wave of how my life was before the housing crisis, homesick every single time I hear it and it's on all the dam time.

TA, girl dog walking around with her chew in her mouth so it looks like a cigarette, reminds me of my late dad.
    :(:(:mad::mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

kfallon wrote: »
    Working on the nicest day of the year

Bet you mean just "working" kfallon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When the person you need to contact is out of the office until Monday :rolleyes:

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Bet you mean just "working" kfallon :D

If work was in bed I'd sleep on the floor.
    Lazy as sin, me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

STOP TALKING TO ME WHEN I'M EATING MY ****ING LUNCH. I have to stop chewing to hear you talk and then my food goes cold. I don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Rogueish wrote: »
    Feckin statistics.... SPSS in particular actually any bloody statistic package.

The acronym SAS just got dragged up from the deep recesses of my memory and I literally shuddered.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    STOP TALKING TO ME WHEN I'M EATING MY ****ING LUNCH. I have to stop chewing to hear you talk and then my food goes cold. I don't caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare.

Answer them while eating and just spit half your lunch at them.....they'll soon stop talking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Insomnia combined with people counting down to events in "sleeps" is highly confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I just spilled a freshly made cup of tea into my lap because I’m a klutz.
    I have scalded myself and I look like I have bladder control issues :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Oh my god this times 1000!!!!! Why do people feel the need to make small talk just because you are in the kitchen/ canteen together? It drives me f*cking mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Feeling so overwhelmed and down in the dumps even though things are pretty good for me right now and I have no reason to be feeling like this.
    I think I need to have a good cry for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭valoren

The insanity of the stock market.

Netflix posts massive free cash flow losses and fully expect that to continue for several years? The shares skyrocket
    Phillip Morris International posts strong cash flow growth? The shares plummet over 15%

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

TA at the way the Brits say “I’m poorly” instead of “I’m sick”. Maybe it’s not just Brits that say it but I associate it with them. Sorry if that’s Britaphobic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

SusieBlue wrote:
    Feeling so overwhelmed and down in the dumps even though things are pretty good for me right now and I have no reason to be feeling like this. I think I need to have a good cry for myself.

Ah don't be Blue Susie :)

Seriously though, hope you feel better soon.

• Advertisement

Also I was just full on talking to myself while parked and someone caught me so I had to do that awkward thing where you pretend you’re using hands free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm just done with stupid questions today. Can I pack up the world and just go home?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd I did a Java exam today and you have to log into oracle certview to view the results, I tried to log in three times with the correct info and now I'm locked out :confused: I tried contacting them hoping they'll get back to me sooner rather than later as the wait is killing me :o and our lecture needs the results :o .

TA at the way the Brits say “I’m poorly” instead of “I’m sick”. Maybe it’s not just Brits that say it but I associate it with them. Sorry if that’s Britaphobic

They've dispatched Ross Kemp and he will be coming after you for that one.......

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Insomnia combined with people counting down to events in "sleeps" is highly confusing.
    Only 250 more sleeps till Christmas :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Individuals in work expecting you to jump to what they need that minute... I have at least 16 people looking for things at any one time, so join the que.

Did their mothers not teach them patience is a virtue????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Room temperature chocolate.

Chocolate should be cold.

• Advertisement

Little bit of joggers nipple :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MurmanskRun

Dublin Bus's 102 service from "Sutton to Dublin Airport via Seabury".

Presumably "Sutton to Dublin Airport via Seabury but, hey, let's do some some 360° spins around random roundabouts and take in most of Swords (and bits of Swords that pretend to be Malahide) before somehow, miraculously, popping out unexpectedly at the airport" wouldn't fit on the signage.

Dear God, my back teeth were floating.

And to add insult, I was gagging for a pizza in the Oak Café in T2. Kitchen closed. At 7pm. In an international airport.

Dominoes'll deliver from Swords, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

The b*tch that parked beside me in Paul Street car park today and just swerved in meaning I couldn't get into the passenger side of the car. Had my mum with me so it made things a bit awkward. Moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Just upended a kettle full of water over my phone iPad and bed..... Very very TA'd!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The death (pardon the pun) of the term "... has died".

No-one dies any more, they "pass away".

And it seems to have even moved on to animals as well. On the TodayFM sports news today they were talking about some great Irish horse, and it had "passed away" earlier today.

Horses aren't even allowed to die now. I suppose it was probably to spare the heartache of its family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that our water went off without any warning

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ah don't be Blue Susie :)

Seriously though, hope you feel better soon.

You always know the right thing to say bones :o:)

*wipes away tear*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

miscommunication with other people and the stress it costs me :(

Shark attack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

You always know the right thing to say bones

Aw thanks Seph. :)

*sends fee by express post as agreed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Self centered , loud mouthed , psychopathic , dementors who need to be banished . Someone give me a wand . . Rant over .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People knocking at my door pontificating about why they are voting one way or another in the referendum . I don't need anyone else to make up my mind for me . I can actually think for myself

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

People who wait to cross the street at traffic lights, but do not pres the button.
    Especially when they are across the street from me, and my traffic light does not have a button.

Pedestrians who are in a couple on a narrow footpath, walking towards me, but do not leave room for me to pass.
    No, I'm NOT going to step on to that busy road.
    Make room.

People on escalators that do not walk, yet do not stay on one side, blocking me who wants to walk.
    Escalators are slow.
    Ever been on the tube?

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Pedestrians who are in a couple on a narrow footpath, walking towards me, but do not leave room for me to pass.
    Make room.

Oh, that hit a note!

Also, smokers in front of pub doors, blocking pedestrians.
    I'm a smoker but am always conscious of blocking the footpath.

Cyclists, going the wrong way or disobeying traffic lights (and nearly knocking me down).

You can see my posts are basically pedestrian angst.
    I don't drive, but walk the city a lot.

The pedestrian etiquette in Cork is a a horror.

People who bring bags of chips on to the bus.
    It's uncivilised.

People, generally.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    People knocking at my door pontificating about why they are voting one way or another in the referendum . I don't need anyone else to make up my mind for me . I can actually think for myself

I know. Try putting a sign up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I do have a sign up at mine, I'm a non voting felon, my crime voting for (insert party) in last election.

TA the birds outside won't shut up chirpy little bastards I can appreciate your sound at 2pm but not at 5am I need sleep, damn nature needs to get on my schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Self centered , loud mouthed , psychopathic , dementors who need to be banished . Someone give me a wand . . Rant over .

We'll all say Expecto Patronum with you.
    igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Make room.

Or the ones who think you can somehow melt into the wall to make way for them and their entourage.

My TA is that I had to wash my hair last night because it needed to be washed but now, this morning, it's too soft to put in a ponytail because it's so short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

We have nowhere to store our Christmas tree so its still up. Even though its May next week. I'm sick of the sight of it.
    I wish I was joking!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Put a sheet over it and call it a cloud! Or some camouflage, and nobody would be able to see it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

There's a member of staff helping out in the department I work in. I got an email this morning telling me that she had done something incorrectly, very simple but we all make mistakes, especially when we're new to something. So she was sitting just behind me with her back to me doing something and I said "oh Mary* when you're doing that, will you just make sure you're ticking x and y as well" and I was pointing at the computer screen and saying "do you see there?" and there was no response so I turned around and said "do you see what I'm talking about?" and she glared at me and said "not from here no" so I moved back my chair so she could scoot in with me and look at what I was talking about and she just continued what she was doing. So I said again "just when you're doing that, you have to tick x and y, otherwise Joan* will be emailing us the whole time telling us to sort it out". She said "but I do do that" and I said "I'm just looking at one from Wednesday that Joan emailed me about and it's not done" and she insisted that she does do that. So I said "ah sure maybe you missed it just on one of them so it's not a big deal, when you're doing something repetitive you can sometimes skip a step" but she kept insisting that she does it correctly and looking at me like I was something she scraped off the bottom of her shoe. I pulled my chair back into my desk but the atmosphere was so bad, I got up and left the office. Seriously, it's fucking Friday!!!
    *all names have been changed to protect identities :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement