Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Post man came with a delivery while I was in the shower. Can't even pick it up now in the post office around the corner because it's in the man's name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,931 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I've somehow managed to mute all the notifications on my phone and have absolutely no idea how I did it, or how to undo it.

And no, it's not on silent, before anyone makes that helpful suggestion!

Also, worrying about how I'm going to afford a trip to Bilbao next month before the match is even played tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

First sign of the sun and peeps race into their Sheds to give every last piece of Machinery they own an airing. My head gonna explode with all the noise around me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've somehow managed to mute all the notifications on my phone and have absolutely no idea how I did it, or how to undo it.

And no, it's not on silent, before anyone makes that helpful suggestion!

Also, worrying about how I'm going to afford a trip to Bilbao next month before the match is even played tomorrow.

Android? I've accidentally done this too. Go to Settings - Sounds and Vibrations - Volume

then make sure notifications aren't muted there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

4 missed calls from my brother while I was in work. Called him back straight away as I thought something was wrong. “What’s wrong?” “Doesn’t matter now”
    FFS
    don’t ring me unless you’re going to telll me why he does that the whole entire time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

"You're getting very carried away putting on sunscreen!"
    Am I?? People are still so fucking clueless about sun damage and skin cancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I'm stuck in the office when it's so sunny outside :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

F*cksake, 1 headphone just stopped working. No tension on the cable, no tugs, nothing. It just stopped producing sound.
    Boll*xs anyway.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    F*cksake, 1 headphone just stopped working. No tension on the cable, no tugs, nothing. It just stopped producing sound.
    Boll*xs anyway.

One of my dogs jumped on my lap yesterday and he pulled my earphones out of my ear but whatever he did, they literally just stopped dead working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Scangers in the Luas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was waiting for the LUAS this morning and some woman walking by said good morning to me. I cant for the life of me remember who she is but i know i know her from somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My next door neighbour decided this glorious day was perfect for having a stinky bonfire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It still isnt beer o'clock.

Ravenholm wrote: »
    Android? I've accidentally done this too. Go to Settings - Sounds and Vibrations - Volume

then make sure notifications aren't muted there

THANK YOU!!!

I can't tell you how long I spent in both the Sounds & Vibrations and Notifications menus trying to fix this earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Looking forward to my sisters wedding at the end of August...but hoping the end of summer doesnt come too quickly because ill be back to College etc. :(

madmaggie wrote: »
    My next door neighbour decided this glorious day was perfect for having a stinky bonfire.

What the actual fuck!

My TA, there's 4 of us sharing an office. One of our number keeps taking personal phone calls at her desk, speaking really loudly about her personal life. A bit thoughtless but she only takes 1 or 2 phone calls a day so nothing to get too upset about. However, she has now started glaring at everyone if we're talking about actual WORK and raising her voice and saying "I can't hear you" to whoever she's talking to if we're making noise while she's on her mobile. Oh well, excuse me, but I'm on the phone to a patient doing my fucking job!

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

When I switch to Google Streetview and move I'm nearly always facing in the wrong direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

chakotha wrote: »
    When I switch to Google Streetview and move I'm nearly always facing in the wrong direction.

That every single time without fail the cord pulley for the vertical blind I grip will be the wrong one . If I want to open its the one to close , if I want to close its the opening one . Every single time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

So sunny and lovely outside, and I was stuck in work all day and now am too tired to do anything but go to bed... :(

Having to smell all my neighbours' barbeques when I couldn't be arsed cleaning and lighting mine and don't have anything to put on it even if I did.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Not displaying a number (or an identifiable house name) on the front of your house should be illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Looking forward to my sisters wedding at the end of August...but hoping the end of summer doesnt come too quickly because ill be back to College etc. :(

Same here, I really really reaaaally want it to be the summer holidays, I fantasize about it all spring, but then when it gets closer I get the dread because that means tumbling down to the end of the summer.

TA I asked Mr M for a cuppa like, an hour ago ? He has no notion of time and he's been on the phone the whole time. He never says no, but then he just doesn't deliver. A woman needs her tea !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TA I asked Mr M for a cuppa like, an hour ago ? He has no notion of time and he's been on the phone the whole time. He never says no, but then he just doesn't deliver. A woman needs her tea !

The absolute cheek of him :eek:

I hope its Barry's tea? :pac:

The absolute cheek of him :eek:

I hope its Barry's tea? :pac:

I know. And like, I can't possibly get it myself because ... ah...

https://youtu.be/hJST0RVIR2Q

And yes, it's Barry's because I had to shop in bloody Aldi instead of Lidl, who have my favourites, the unmentionable... LLLLLLa LLalalalalalal Lyyyyyy ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Ronan keating

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know. And like, I can't possibly get it myself because ... ah...

https://youtu.be/hJST0RVIR2Q

And yes, it's Barry's because I had to shop in bloody Aldi instead of Lidl, who have my favourites, the unmentionable... LLLLLLa LLalalalalalal Lyyyyyy ???

Ohhhh the absolute cheek of them for selling that muck :mad: Ta 'd by aldi :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not in relation to Ronan, but getting a fit of sneezes in the middle of a good bit of a song, meaning you miss it.

Right, TA I'm looking for that thread that I think is live where everyone bitches about the Late Late, but a search just brings up loads of sh...?

Doh.
    Don't mind me, I'll just go to the forum.
    Friday brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Not going away for the weekend cos the big black dog that depression caught up with you like you knew it would. Then having to go explain to people you didnt go, leading to why didnt you go etc....

I feel bad enough not going, the money I spent I wont get back, missing what I would have enjoyed had I been well. But if I did go I know it would have been a miserable ordeal like when I went before when I wasnt up to it!

But now Im getting messages assuming I have gone, and I dont want to reply to open a Pandoras box of why I didnt go!!!

This probably makes no sense, I just need to moan!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Moan away. In fact Try to moan harder. Hope you feel better soon man. I can guarantee you there's a lot of people rooting for you on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Moan away. In fact Try to moan harder. Hope you feel better soon man. I can guarantee you there's a lot of people rooting for you on this thread.

Tks- I know yer so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

Try_harder wrote: »
    Not going away for the weekend cos the big black dog that depression caught up with you like you knew it would. Then having to go explain to people you didnt go, leading to why didnt you go etc....

I feel bad enough not going, the money I spent I wont get back, missing what I would have enjoyed had I been well. But if I did go I know it would have been a miserable ordeal like when I went before when I wasnt up to it!

But now Im getting messages assuming I have gone, and I dont want to reply to open a Pandoras box of why I didnt go!!!

It's makes complete sense to me.
    Keep it short and simple and just say unfortunately you couldn't make it as something came up.
    I really hope you you feel better soon,it's all consuming at times but hopefully it eases for you asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This 100 % .

And a lot of people know how it feels too , you are not alone :)

ETA ;
    Exactly may have been the wrong word , sorry..

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

We are all here for you. Know exactly how it feels x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Try_harder wrote: »

I don't want to trivialise what you're going through but try get some sun time tomorrow.
    Serotonin can do wonders to lift us.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Viber Backup doesn't work. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Not that I had much effing hope and faith in it anyway. :mad::mad: Stoopid ar$sehead of a thing. But now I've lost AAAAAAAAAALL my Viber Messages that at least I had had a record of on old Phone, and could still read, but because ya can't log into 2 Phones at same time, - logging out automatically loses the messages anyway! :(:(:rolleyes: Aaahh shtop talk about a ball$ of a thing. And many more like it.... :mad::rolleyes:

Also I'm in 2 minds about hanging out more clothes or leaving them! Hard to guess if it will be fine tomorrow or lashing rain! :/

Also I'm in 2 minds about hanging out more clothes or leaving them! Hard to guess if it will be fine tomorrow or lashing rain! :/

Innit supposed to be still nice tomorrow ? I'd hang them.
    Although fairplay if you're hanging a wash that late.

Speaking of which, I went hanging stuff first thing this morning, then went straight into bathroom to wash and dress.
    Well I looked down to take off my top, and there was a spider on my chest ! I whipped out like a mad one every item of clothing I had on, and fired everything into the wash bin.

It's all still there.
    The horror.

Spiders are everywhere again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

On medication to stop me coughing till I'm sick. Took this mornings one, then promptly coughed it back up again.

Also, my phone won't charge in the socket on my extension lead so I have to get out of bed to use it.

And my pillow is still wet from spilling water all over it the other day, so I only have one, which doesn't help the coughing.

I can't find anything worth watching on Netflix either...

Can't win today and it's not even 7am.

I was having a lovely sleep this morning and was looking forward to a little lie in but my neck and shoulder pain woke me up and I had to get up and take my painkillers. I'd love a lie in. I get up every morning at 6am, sometimes I just want a lie in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i would love a lie in but the c*nt next door is cutting pallets with a chainsaw for the last 2 hours. half 6 in the fcuking morning . he should be shot

• Advertisement

Me nerves waiting for 3.30.

I'm going to be a quivering wreck by kick-off.

Come on, Leinster!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Woken by pigeons calling each other at 6:45 this morning. I know spring has sprung but Jesus lads could you at last keep it down at bit until later at the weekend :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Me nerves waiting for 3.30.

I'm going to be a quivering wreck by kick-off.

Come on, Leinster!!!

Oh ffs is there rugby on today? Now I'm seriously TA'd by this if there is, shiite will be on in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The phrase 'real women' which generally refers to women of a larger size. I'm a size 6-8. I'm 'real' too. Either that or I'm secretly a hologram and nobody's mentioned it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The noise! All the men in the neighbourhood out with their equipment...

Of course I mean power washers, mowers, chain saws :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Went to get my car washed at a place I've used before, as I was pulling in saw them using sweeping/scrubbing brushes on a car. Practically did a handbrake turn. Not on my car lads sorry, you might as well be using sandpaper. Additional TA's - I should have the neck to tell them and... my car is still dirty!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭filbert the fox

Car for sale with photo of family pet near vehicle, usually dog.......very off putting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Oh be the holy moley - the baba is overtired and I need her to stay awake for another half an hour but the constant whinging is stomping on my last nerve....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,502 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

northgirl wrote: »
    The girl I sit next to is wittering on about Au Pairs but she keeps calling her AW PAIR rather than O PAIR. It's doing my head in.
    Someone in my house keeps referring to the ooo (rhymes with two) pair next door. One of these days...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Just half time in Rugby and you can see Dublin is sprinkled again with cranes. Keep the recovery going.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement