Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Bit by a feckin tick.

got 90% of it out/off but theres still the tiniest bit stuck in there.

Gonna convince myself I have Lyme's disease now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Whispered wrote: »
    Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Sahurdah - Saturday
    Lohho - Lotto
    Dodeye - dot I E
    Buhhur - butter
    Wahur - water
    Catern - Catherine
    Ant knee - Anthony

Their, there, they're, your, you're, here, hear.
    Text speak.

My toddler has picked up some sort of open vowel accent recently. Crèche has become crash, daddy is now daday, can I is now cawn ah.

There's an excuse for your toddler but my darling hubby has started calling the baby 'peh' (pet). It is bringing out my twitchy eye. There is a reckoning on the horizon.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

My GP is so rude; I left his surgery feeling absolutely dreadful today.

I have anxiety and depression (I was diagnosed by a different doctor at the same surgery, a few months ago and prescribed medication.)
    I had been feeling really good since taking the tablets, but a few weeks ago I had to see my GP about something else.
    He prescribed me medication.

Fast forward a few weeks now; the medication isn't working and all it has done is make me feel low in my mood (almost rendering my anti-depressants useless).

I was going to the doctor today to tell him the tablets weren't working and to tell him how I was feeling.

He was rude and unsympathetic, asking me WHY I was feeling low even though I said I didn't know, why was I on anti-depressants to begin with, was I abused as a child (!), there was nothing he could do about the secondary problem I had gone to see him about, nothing at all and I was to "put up with it".

I was told to stop moaning about my pain "there are bigger things in the world to worry about", and he casually told me to increase my anti-depressants if I wanted to, before telling me to come back in two weeks to see how I am.

I had sat through our consultation in floods of tears (because of how I was feeling) and had to endure all of this.

I had mentioned during the conversation that my partner had medical problems which I was worried about and he said "Well if I was him I would worry too".

So I left there feeling atrocious.

I would nearly make a complaint about him but I don't know if he's actually done anything to warrant a formal complaint.

Either way, I'm switching doctors tomorrow.

I still feel extremely low.
    I thought doctors were meant to have a bedside manner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

fussyonion wrote: »
    I would nearly make a complaint about him but I don't know if he's actually done anything to warrant a formal complaint.

Sheesh!! What an ordeal for you. Sorry to read that, and ((((HUGS))))

Absolutely he did something wrong. Do report him. I'm raging for you, tbh (I went through something similar a few years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I have anxiety and depression (I was diagnosed by a different doctor at the same surgery, a few months ago and prescribed medication.)
    I had been feeling really good since taking the tablets, but a few weeks ago I had to see my GP about something else.

Fast forward a few weeks now; the medication isn't working and all it has done is make me feel low in my mood (almost rendering my anti-depressants useless).

I was going to the doctor today to tell him the tablets weren't working and to tell him how I was feeling.

He was rude and unsympathetic, asking me WHY I was feeling low even though I said I didn't know, why was I on anti-depressants to begin with, was I abused as a child (!), there was nothing he could do about the secondary problem I had gone to see him about, nothing at all and I was to "put up with it".

I was told to stop moaning about my pain "there are bigger things in the world to worry about", and he casually told me to increase my anti-depressants if I wanted to, before telling me to come back in two weeks to see how I am.

I had sat through our consultation in floods of tears (because of how I was feeling) and had to endure all of this.

I had mentioned during the conversation that my partner had medical problems which I was worried about and he said "Well if I was him I would worry too".

Make a complaint for sure, if nothing else he's guilty of being a complete wanker and surely is expected to have some reasonable level of human decency about him :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

He asked you were you abused? That's scandalous! You can't go around saying things like that to people.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Sheesh!! What an ordeal for you. Sorry to read that, and ((((HUGS))))

Absolutely he did something wrong. Do report him. I'm raging for you, tbh (I went through something similar a few years ago).

Thanks a lot, it was horrendous.
    I went in there already feeling down; I didn't need him to make me feel worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

(((Hug))) How dare that GP make a patient feel like that .

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    (((Hug))) How dare that GP make a patient feel like that .

Thank you. I don't know. I think he takes his moods out on patients but I'm not putting up with it anymore xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

There is always some pr*ck on the bus who has crap music blasting out of his earphone annoying everyone that's not wearing their own earphones.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That GP sounds like a truly enlightened person, and a gift to medicine. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,159 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thank you. I don't know. I think he takes his moods out on patients but I'm not putting up with it anymore xx

Good for you . And why should you . X

http://www.healthcomplaints.ie/gp/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Finally home after a super long work day.... I've been defending my willingness to put in extra effort for work in another thread, but today it's a major TA. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Muppets......needs no explanation..

Rude.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Look Fussyonion, look at the number of people outraged and upset for you. Your man, doctor or not, was wrong wrong wrong. There is no excuse for such talk from a grown man who has chosen to help people feel better for a living.
    I'm the same in that I have a GP I have found rude on occasion (I've only been to that person about 3 times), but it wouldn't be at all at that level. I think I'm going to drop mine anyway, I'm forking out 50 euros each time, the least they can do is being helpful and courteous.
    A letter of complaint would be completely justified in your case imo.

TA at the stop/go guy at the road works, who whipped that sign to "stop" right at my face, oh he whipped it real good alright. I hate you stop/go guy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Life, the universe and everything is anoying me I tried 42 but it did nothing so I'm paying €42 for a return flight to London so I can dig up Douglas Adams and ask him what the **** it all means.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Life, the universe and everything is anoying me I tried 42 but it did nothing so I'm paying €42 for a return flight to London so I can dig up Douglas Adams and ask him what the **** it all means.

I bought the audiobooks read by Martin Freeman at the weekend, they are the best thing ever! My TA is that I listened to them all in one go and now have nothing to look forward to tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm going looking for Alan Rickman too his death will be an eternal TA for me until I am shutdown or reprogrammed, my current big TA is being an android devoid of human comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

5 years post the birth of my youngest child and Im still in expandable pants. Kate Middleton walks out of hospital only hours post birth looking amazing. Sigh..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Samsgirl wrote: »
    5 years post the birth of my youngest child and Im still in expandable pants. Kate Middleton walks out of hospital only hours post birth looking amazing. Sigh..

Don’t be so hard on yourself....she might have looked amazing but she wouldn’t have squeezed into her skinny jeans either...and she did have a team of people that got her looking like she did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Weird fcking sounds from the guy over me. Singing, rambling and banging the floor. Any chance he could just disappear down a dark hole for eternity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

That doctor is a disgrace, fussy. You deserve better. Can you change over to the doctor who diagnosed the anxiety? I think reporting him is a good idea but only if you are up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have a bladder infection and my dog is annoyed that a hot water bottle has replaced his usual spot on my belly. He’s currently lying on the floor giving me evils.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cranky bus drivers!

Weird fcking sounds from the guy over me. Singing, rambling and banging the floor. Any chance he could just disappear down a dark hole for eternity.

Sorry about that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

SusieBlue wrote: »
    In the queue in the shop this morning and there was a toddler behind me in a buggy. Said toddler kept kicking the back of my legs for the duration of the queue while his mummy giggled at how hilarious her precious was.
    "He's such a rascal, sorry!", she said...I can think of a better word than rascal.

Also what's up with communion girls looking like mini brides these days?
    Was in town yesterday and saw a little girl wearing a strapless mermaid dress with a boned bodice covered in sparkles and ruffles.
    It looked so so inappropriate. Such a pretty child but she looked dreadful.
    She wasn't from a certain demographic of society either, which you'd usually associate with such wear.

They are brides of Jesus... that's what the Communion always looked like to me anyway!

I feel so sad that you went through that. Yes you should report him. I had a bad experience with a female GP nearly 6 years ago and I still regret not making a complaint about her.
    I'm not sure how you would go about making a complaint but look into it and see what the process is. You don't have to decide you're definitely going to go through with it right now. You can just make some enquiries and see how you feel then.

My TA is that chocolate is so delicious but it makes my eczema break out. One of my fingers is swollen, weeping, bloodied, hard to bend, stingy, painful, all because I ate some chocolate on Sunday :(

• Advertisement

Being awoken at 5am by a little leanbh. Struggling with tiredness to change the nappy but content in the knowledge that I can lie on this morning later as it's Saturday. A couple of minutes later I think about what day it is. TUESDAY. Work. At this rate, I'll be crawling come Friday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The trend for "Thins" versions of food. Sandwich Thins, Wheat Thins, Ryvita Thins, and so on. Yesterday I found some Chocolate Digestive Thins in one of those Euro Stores for much less than the usual price. The same biscuits, just thinner, so you'll eat twice as many. I can just imagine the managers at the food companies:
    Let me get this straight: we can make thinner versions of our standard products, call them "Thins", and slap on a markup because they're "healthier"? And we're not doing this already? So what are you standing around here for? Go!

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

bnt wrote: »
    The trend for "Thins" versions of food. Sandwich Thins, Wheat Thins, Ryvita Thins, and so on. Yesterday I found some Chocolate Digestive Thins in one of those Euro Stores for much less than the usual price. The same biscuits, just thinner, so you'll eat twice as many. I can just imagine the managers at the food companies:
    A colleague brought a packet of those digestive thins to a team meeting one day. Nice of him to bring biccies but he did get the piss ripped out of him for it. Why bother eating a biscuit at all?

TA: Tuesdays. I hate Tuesdays. I've already been called 'moody' once this morning for no reason. Excuse me if I don't want to engage in your nonsense chit chat at 8am in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Something I ate for dinner last night has NOT agreed with me.
    Here I am on my 3rd pint of water already and all I want to do is gawwk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's 3 1/2 weeks since I left my job. Am starting to get a little bored now...maybe need to start looking for a new job. Mmmmm, tomorrow perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I had a very buzzy fly in the living room on Friday night zooming around at a million miles an hour annoying the hell out of me. These are the kind of challenges I accept so I daubed boot polish on my face, grabbed my tea towel and the hunt was on. The only chance I had was listening for when it landed somewhere, track it down and try to get it with the towel. 20 minutes later and after 5 of 6 bungled attempts it landed on the ceiling lamp in the living room. Not being able to take a swipe with it there I just flicked the towel gently to get it to move and made the lamp sway a little. No problem I thought, it'll settle in a second. But it swayed a bit two much, came loose from the fitting and came crashing down on top of the coffee table Only Fools and Horses style smashing 2 of the 5 shades and sending glass and bits of lightbulb in every direction. Fly 1 Bob 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Ulster Bank

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antrim14

The Greggs beside my workplace only ever has 1 or 2 staff on during the morning rush (8am-9am) and lunch rush (12pm-2pm) when the queues are almost out the door. However, any other time it will be quiet and there will be at least 4 or 5 staff standing looking at each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

antrim14 wrote: »
    The Greggs beside my workplace only ever has 1 or 2 staff on during the morning rush (8am-9am) and lunch rush (12pm-2pm) when the queues are almost out the door. However, any other time it will be quiet and there will be at least 4 or 5 staff standing looking at each other.

My TA is that there is no Greggs near where I live. Love that place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,036 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Seconded - it's a pilgrimage I make whenever I visit the UK. These days they have cappuccinos and healthier options, but you can still load up on the old standbys like Steak Bakes. :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,978 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

James Reilly is talking today about banning smoking in outside areas.

He is discussing it with Pat Kenny at the moment. He said that people should be able to eat without the inconvenience of someone smoking beside them.

Yes. I agree. If smoke is being blown in their face. But what if there is nobody sitting near the smoker, should they not then be able to enjoy an after meal cigarette?

What about the inconvenience of noisy children, or noisy phone calls? I swear to God both of these things give me more stress than 50 years of passive smoking in an open air venue ever could.

Whatever happened to live and let live? We can't do a goddam thing without someone looking at it and saying "Oooh, that should be regulated". As a consequence, we are losing the capacity to think of others in a considerate manner because "There's no law that says we should".

It's a free country! Is it? Is it really?

P.S. Former smoker. Never had any issue with not smoking around those who rather I didn't but we were able to work that out without a sign on the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Some ignorant turd blasting the horn as I stopped briefly at the hospital to let my mother out in the pissing rain at the main entrance. Then the car park is so full they weren't letting barriers up to go in. When I do get in there are cars everywhere, up on grass verges even. Having to queue then to wait for someone to move so I had a space. Clinic is packed in here now, FML :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Hospitals that give everyone the same time for an appointment.

If they gave everyone individual, staggered appointment times the carparks might not be permanently overfull and people might not have to waste four or five hours waiting for a 15 or 20 minute consultation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This! Greggs is one of my favourite things about the UK so far, it's always such a shame to have to come home and not have Greggs here :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

There's a Greggs right around the corner from me in Belfast City Centre. I've never been.

TA stupid charity ceremonies with the stupid giant cheque presentation and obligatory photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People be full of sheeeeit. Yawn yawn yawn. The last one was especially for you New Home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Car broke down leaving the house this morning, in work now and up to my tonsils but no inclination to actually work. Have been on/off with my gf since Xmas (2 years together) we hit a rough patch and are both at different points of our respective career and it looks now like we're both walking away.

It's really ****ing depressing... I think the clutch is gone but I won't know until I get a good look later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,978 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Car broke down leaving the house this morning, in work now and up to my tonsils but no inclination to actually work. Have been on/off with my gf since Xmas (2 years together) we hit a rough patch and are both at different points of our respective career and it looks now like we're both walking away.

It's really ****ing depressing... I think the clutch is gone but I won't know until I get a good look later

I don't mean to laugh at your expense but I had to read that a few times to understand where the car and your GF overlapped, particularly the part about both walking away. Did that mean ye were both in the car when it broke down?

Hope today goes quickly, the car isn't too serious and the relationship progresses to a place that's best for both of you, together or separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

People leaving their trays/food behind in fast food restaurants. It's not difficult. Tidy up after yourself. Makes my blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA that there is no Wagamama in Cork anymore. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People using golf umbrellas anywhere other than on the golf course.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

People be full of sheeeeit. Yawn yawn yawn. The last one was especially for you New Home.

Well, the joke's on you - your triple yawn bad jou-jou has no power over me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Goddamn poxy ridiculous bra wire/straps/band.
    Droopy boobs or stabbed in the ribs? What a choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Happens with depressing regularity. Having a meal on my Tod at a table in a provincial Irish pub. A millenial couple at the tAble opposite. Chatting away as millennial do.
    Fair enough.
    ...Then a trio of late middle age people join their table. Helloooo!!! Howarya!!!!!!!!
    I was gonna order dessert and coffee but just decided to pay & GTFO and not be a captive audience.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Android studio, too much information to remember o_O.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement