Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

The bus today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a meal with a friend I've not seen in ages, we were chatting about ppl we have in common,
    the two young women at the table beside us were discussing some actress known to them as "That British Bitch".

My friend told me that cork x and Kerry y had been promoted and were now her boss and boss boss and to watch out as they likely to move dept with those promotions. I made a normal for me comment as I have very bad associations with both of those accents, something like" those two talking would make my ears bleed and or make me sit in a corner rocking with my hands over my ears till they stopped".

We were laughing at this image when a man stood behind me and started giving out to me about my disrespectful comments about cork/kerry ppl, in his cork accent.

TA'ed there are still ppl proving me right and even tho we were NOT by a long chalk the loudest there, somehow I was more offensive than a couple of women calling another woman a dog.

WTF is wrong with ppl!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Two things one of which is happening now. The first being seen a gob****e putting a pram on an escalator with the child in it despite there being barriers and a sign to prevent you doing that. As well as a lift literally next to his left.

The current problem being an overpacked bus with people standing upstairs. Absolute moron of the highest order that driver is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

A family member is going through a break up. I feel really sad for him, and the person he was with was really lovely so I can't even think "this is for the best" for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote: »
    Well, the joke's on you - your triple yawn bad jou-jou has no power over me. :pac:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

More than TA'd that the roads where I live are so bad. The whole way through the town you're rattling non stop. I nearly feel bad making my car drive it, it's a fcuking disgrace :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

People - specifically inlaws who call in the height of the evening madness (dinner, lunch prep, homework checks and bath time) and declare I know it's a bad time but.....
    And then proceed to melt my head with some trivial ****e completely irrelevant to me!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

It's too warm in my house. I am melting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A friend of mine is on her high horse because her supervisor called her out on turning up late and then her manager "took his side" as if it was a matter of them picking on her.
    Her job is customer service, and relies on a time table... She was ten mins late for said time table! How do people get to be adults and not understand how work works????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

TA that the writing for this season of John Olivier's Last Week Tonight isn't as sharp as previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

TA at the American Chopper memes in YLYL. They are not funny and why are they relevant now? Wasn't that show from around 10yrs ago? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Oh I'm not able for my work colleagues this morning. We do not need a 45 minute conversation where we all talk about an issue and discuss it to death. We all agree, we are all happy with the process, we all know what we're doing, move on.

I've spent the last hour trying to respond to an email and I can't get past the first few words coz they just keep talking about the same thing over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Got to the bottom of my driveway this morning and there was some muppet truck driver pulled in on the hard shoulder blocking my view of oncoming traffic. It took me fucking ages to get out onto the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA just had some asshat I know spoil avengers on me I AM SO ****ING ANGRY RIGHT NOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Had to go to the dentist to get a crown. Also had some inflammation on the gum over the top front incisor. Pointed it out when I arrived. Dentist says he'll take an xray.

Got a root canal on that tooth and the two surrounding teeth. Took 90 minutes and cost 875.

Still need that crown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

So our car went, we need a new one, just a banger that's doing it for a year, we aren't even picky as long as it's cheap and drives.
    Downside is that I'm stuck here in the village of Ballybackbush and I have no transport to actually look at cars so I have to send my father-in-law in Dublin. Which is bad because he's a waffler (I love him though) and doesn't believe in private car sales because "they are so risky". Today is going to be full of fun phone calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Grayson wrote: »
    Had to go to the dentist to get a crown. Also had some inflammation on the gum over the top front incisor. Pointed it out when I arrived. Dentist says he'll take an xray.

Got a root canal on that tooth and the two surrounding teeth. Took 90 minutes and cost 875.

Still need that crown.

TA at the cost of dental/medical treatment in general. All the money we pay in tax and we are entitled to a "half" a clean apparently. Too stingy to give us a full clean...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People wearing headphones in the office. You've to call everyone in my place two or three times before they hear you. Had to physically tap someone on the shoulder to get their attention just now. Drives me mad. I know sometimes it's necessary to get the head down for a specific task and block out all distractions but it's definitely becoming the norm now and I find it a bit precious/juvenile tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Tiredness and lack of energy :(

Some knob on the phone shouting at me about a mistake someone else made which caused a delay. Yeah that's cool and all but I DGAF.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Bloody neck is sore, can't fully turn my head left or right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My hand slipped and I sloshed too much milk in my tea. Can't stand waste so I drank it anyway but very quickly so I couldn't taste the milkiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Mobile phones going off at funerals. Really, it's not difficult..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Dublin rent prices are insanity. I mean, it's bad down in Cork, but Dublin is something else.

I've a potentially great job opportunity in Dublin in the next few months, but the sheer cost of rent makes it really impractical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

northgirl wrote: »
    Mobile phones going off at funerals. Really, it's not difficult..

I concur. Mobile phones going off on public transport, and owner of said phone having a loud conversation afterwards, is a particular bug-bear of mine.

Just last Friday I was on the bus up to the airport, and between the "look at me, I'm really important" fella who was taking business calls and conducting very essential business every twenty minutes, and the "howiya" looking older one giving blow-by-blow updates of where she was and how she will meet her acquaintance first outside Quirky's, and then outside the Four Courts every FIVE fecking minutes, I was fit to explode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

73Cat wrote: »
    My hand slipped and I sloshed too much milk in my tea. Can't stand waste so I drank it anyway but very quickly so I couldn't taste the milkiness.

*Shudder*

Nothing worse than milky tea........

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

*Shudder*

Nothing worse than milky tea........

Oh, I dunno... It could have been... LYONS over-milky tea! :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Grayson wrote: »

Still need that crown.

I find it cheaper to fly to Hungary to get dental work done.

I'm not joking.

Fella put me on to a Hungarian clinic a few years back. I'll go again if I'm ever in trouble with teeth.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Dublin rent prices are insanity. I mean, it's bad down in Cork, but Dublin is something else.

I've a potentially great job opportunity in Dublin in the next few months, but the sheer cost of rent makes it really impractical.

My sister and her bf have just got an apartment for an extortionate price in CLANE because they can't afford anywhere near Dublin. The prices there make me sick and so angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I feel a deep overwhelming sadness. I'm going to have to write it out of me. Hate days like this :(

PS just realised it's pms. Feck that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I find it cheaper to fly to Hungary to get dental work done.

I'm not joking.

Fella put me on to a Hungarian clinic a few years back. I'll go again if I'm ever in trouble with teeth.

I'm thinking of that for some cosmetic work I want that my dentist can't do. The cost of going to another dentist here for some stuff is ridiculous. Can you PM me the name? I'd prefer to go to one that I know people have gone to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deusexmachina

I'm old. What does TA'd mean?

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    TA at the American Chopper memes in YLYL. They are not funny and why are they relevant now? Wasn't that show from around 10yrs ago? :confused:

Huh? Is this even English? (No offence meant Paddy Cow)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trivial Annoyance/Trivially Annoyed/Trivially Annoying

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

trying to overtake oblivious pedestrians with headphones on who can't walk in a straight line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hospitals that give everyone the same time for an appointment.

If they gave everyone individual, staggered appointment times the carparks might not be permanently overfull and people might not have to waste four or five hours waiting for a 15 or 20 minute consultation.

My husband brought out baby for a check up today and when he got there at least 5 babies had all been given the same appointment time. Ridiculous at the best of times but with babies its just cruel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,978 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I feel a deep overwhelming sadness. I'm going to have to write it out of me. Hate days like this.

PS just realised it's pms. Feck that anyway.

Surely that's a good thing???

An unexplained deep overwhelming sadness would likely be more sinister. No??

My TA. Companies are w*nkers when you're trying to engage with them for a thesis. PFO's all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Someone is cooking fish in our building.
    I don't mind the smell of fish being cooked but they must of caught this one in a sewer.

It smells diseased - I'd nearly find and tell them not to eat it.

Nearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Just last Friday I was on the bus up to the airport, and between the "look at me, I'm really important" fella who was taking business calls and conducting very essential business every twenty minutes, .

Saw your post and thought of this. For anyone who's TA'd at people today, like myself.
    https://youtu.be/MRYKqHsarNU

Surrepticious we're synchronized !
    Chocolate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's been said before and will be said again...trades men who do not show up.
    I don't mind him been late but a no show....nah.

It's been said before and will be said again...trades men who do not show up.
    I don't mind him been late but a no show....nah.

And not even a phone call or a text to tell you, so you're stuck there wasting your precious time waiting for them! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Heartburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that I couldn't get a parking space outside my house. Had to park AROUND THE CORNER!! :eek:

...Oh I have gotten old :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    TA'd that I couldn't get a parking space outside my house. Had to park AROUND THE CORNER!! :eek:

...Oh I have gotten old :o

:eek: raging for ya kitty :mad:

Badly sunburnt forhead. Itching like a mother f***r :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Badly sunburnt forhead. Itching like a mother f***r :(

Where are you living?! :eek:

Where are you living?! :eek:

Cork like :pac: [was in Spain at weekend]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The weather. Sun has been out but it's not been that warm, it's been windy and then there have been showers all day.

Pissing me off truth be told

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Cork like :pac: [was in Spain at weekend]

lol, I was wondering alright because I'm in Limerick and no danger of getting sunburn here :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement