Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thinks Wich Trivilly anoy u.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Huh? Is this even English? (No offence meant Paddy Cow)
    TA at the American Chopper memes in YLYL

I'm trivially annoyed at some of the posts in You Laugh You Lose (a thread where people post funny pictures). The posts are from a show called American Chopper that was kinda popular about ten years ago. They posts are not funny and I wish they would go away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When you open your heart to someone (not romantically) and they sh*t all over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I overcooked my bechemel and now my lasagne is inadequately topped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    When you open your heart to someone (not romantically) and they sh*t all over it.

Who are they, I'll kill em I tells ya!!

I'm annoyed because no matter how much I run lately, I'm making hardly any progress in fitness. In my time out of running I have started to eat way healthier, stopped smoking, mostly quit fizzy drinks and have been taking on more water daily.
    I'm hoping it's just still my body trying to re-adapt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

People can be cúnts at times, they often think just cos they are happy then everyone should be. And when you need to talk nobody is available or they don't want to listen. It annoys the hell out of me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone!

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Who are they, I'll kill em I tells ya!!

I'm annoyed because no matter how much I run lately, I'm making hardly any progress in fitness. In my time out of running I have started to eat way healthier, stopped smoking, mostly quit fizzy drinks and have been taking on more water daily.

A gobsheen I'll forget all about very soon! Someone I thought was a friend - stupidly!

That's frustrating. Feel a bit the same with the running if it's any consolation :) Maybe someday it'll all just start to show a bit of progress?! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A gobsheen I'll forget all about very soon! Someone I thought was a friend - stupidly!

o

They're not worthy of your friendship if they treat you like that and you're better of without people like that in your life.

It can happen that way, went to lose weight about 8 years ago, the first few months were hard work for not much reward but after a while the weight loss accelerated at a much quicker rate!

Stick at the exercise, think it's important in life to try stay as fit as possible (especially as you get as old as me)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kfallon wrote: »
    It can happen that way, went to lose weight about 8 years ago, the first few months were hard work for not much reward but after a while the weight loss accelerated at a much quicker rate!

Stick at the exercise, think it's important in life to try stay as fit as possible (especially as you get as old as me)

oh yeah, I'm not giving up.
    But I have seen progress, there were some areas where I couldn't get toned for the life of me, now they are evening out. I think that's alot down to diet and retention from the fizzy drinks.

I'll be a fit adonis in a few months :)

Why the heck are there kids out on the street playing basketball at this hour.

• Advertisement

Why the heck are there kids out on the street playing basketball at this hour.

Ah leave them off Gramps, they could be doing a lot worse :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Let your inner Abe out Boom.

Grandpa-Simpson.png

watching the match a stream in my room & the fridge is downstairs.

:'mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Somebody in work completely undermined my role today. Just went ahead and did something not in accordance with any of the procedures I have in place. Fuming here.
    My other TA is that I'm sat here practicing my speech to get my point on the whole thing to above my and their head management and I know I'll chicken out and say nothing tomorrow.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Also TA'd that I'm getting a massive spot on my forehead, it looks like I bumped my head! :(
    :eek: raging for ya kitty :mad:

You'd swear I was about 90 the way I'm going on :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Phone gone again and it won't charge at all.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

#deathbycharging

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

kfallon wrote: »

People can be cúnts at times, they often think just cos they are happy then everyone should be. And when you need to talk nobody is available or they don't want to listen. It annoys the hell out of me.

Laugh and the world laughs with you, cry and you cry alone!

On the flip side there are a lot of people always complaining and just have to share all their feelings all the time and assume that everyone is as sensitive and emotional as they are, and also assuming that you should be engrossed in their nonsense.

They don’t seem to grasp that they’re wasting half your day on the latest ‘drama’ that’ll eventually amount to nothing.

• Advertisement

On the flip side there are a lot of people always complaining and just have to share all their feelings all the time and assume that everyone is as sensitive and emotional as they are, and also assuming that you should be engrossed in their nonsense.

They don’t seem to grasp that they’re wasting half your day on the latest ‘drama’ that’ll eventually amount to nothing.

Wasn't complaining to anyone. Just sharing some information and being myself. Maybe a 5-10 minute conversation. Certainly wasn't asking anyone to "waste half their day on latest drama"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'm looking at my Facebook newsfeed , and every day I'm TA at overzealous animal rescuers who pick up dogs and offer them for adoption practically the same day. I wonder how many people are sad at "losing" their dog when it was in fact rehomed elsewhere without their knowledge. I agree dogs shouldn't be left to roam, but for older gents or ladies that's ownership as they've always known it, and they might miss their old companion and have no social media or even few friends and relatives to inform them.
    There's another gentle older dog found last night advertised this morning already "on the market" so to speak and people "bidding" for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 antrim14

I have had the 'back at school sitting exams even though you are 31' dream 3 times this week. I hate it so much! Last night it was English Literature, damn you Chaucer!

Headsets in offices, sick of hearing the same voices on calls all day ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

antrim14 wrote: »
    I have had the 'back at school sitting exams even though you are 31' dream 3 times this week. I hate it so much! Last night it was English Literature, damn you Chaucer!

Every single time I have that dream it's history. My history teacher was, shall we politely say, not a pleasant woman. So I'm sure that has something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

I'm looking at my Facebook newsfeed , and every day I'm TA at overzealous animal rescuers who pick up dogs and offer them for adoption practically the same day. I wonder how many people are sad at "losing" their dog when it was in fact rehomed elsewhere without their knowledge. I agree dogs shouldn't be left to roam, but for older gents or ladies that's ownership as they've always known it, and they might miss their old companion and have no social media or even few friends and relatives to inform them.
    There's another gentle older dog found last night advertised this morning already "on the market" so to speak and people "bidding" for it.

TA at people who don't have their dogs chipped in order to prevent exactly this scenario.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

TA at people who insist on referring to any vehicle remotely resembling a 4x4 as a 'Jeep'. And it's a losing battle.

meep wrote: »
    TA at people who don't have their dogs chipped in order to prevent exactly this scenario.
    True, but chipping is not something an older folk may be aware about, and although it is cheap enough, it may be too costly for a meager pension, and same folks.may not be aware of promotions etc.
    It would be great if all pups were chipped as standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,930 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

True, but chipping is not something an older folk may be aware about, and although it is cheap enough, it may be too costly for a meager pension, and same folks.may not be aware of promotions etc.

I'm guessing this won't be popular, but I genuinely feel that if someone can't afford €35 to chip their dog, they really can't afford to own a dog full-stop. Pet ownership is a privilege and a major responsibility, not a right. I don't doubt that some of these people genuinely love their animals, but unfortunately love isn't enough.

Anyway, today's TA: tights. I never wear skirts or dresses in winter for this very reason, but all my work trousers were in the wash. Horrid, horrid things altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Dial Hard wrote: »

Anyway, today's TA: tights. I never wear skirts or dresses in winter for this very reason, but all my work trousers were in the wash. Horrid, horrid things altogether.

IT is soooo difficult finding good tights that aren't slipping and you don't feel 100% uncomfortable in. And they usually come with some surreal price tag :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

And tights that don't rip and ladder, I think most of mine have holes in them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

antrim14 wrote: »

I have that dream regularly! Basically I dream that I decide to go back to repeat the Leaving Cert around April time and have two months until the English exam and I'm running around the classroom begging people for poetry notes because I've missed the entire year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Second day in a row colleague is talking to me during my lunch. I'm very obviously trying to ignore her with my mouth full of sandwich but she is just not getting it. I really don't want to have to go eat by myself in the canteen. Can't I just be left in peace for 30 ****ing minutes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahh god android studio is actually wrecking my head, so much going on between xml and java files I feel my head will explode.

And just to add to this. Because it is now "summer" nearly all the tights have been removed from shop floors. Any day now the "winter coats" will be back in. At least they'd be useful I suppose :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Wasn't complaining to anyone. Just sharing some information and being myself. Maybe a 5-10 minute conversation. Certainly wasn't asking anyone to "waste half their day on latest drama"...

I wasn’t being specific. I know it was originally your post, and obviously every situation is different.

Some of the replies to you were very Facebook-esque, which triggered me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Took half day annual leave on Tuesday as a tradesman was to come to house to do a job for me. Also I have items for sale on a certain website and two people had agreed to buy items and collect them on Tuesday. None of the three showed up nor did they answer my texts or answer their phones when I called them. So so annoying. What is wrong with people that they can't let somebody know if they can't make it or have changed their minds. My holidays from work are so precious as I don't have so many. I'm this day and age of mobile phones and instant communication techniques have basic manners and consideration for others gone out the window.

Migraines

Migraines

Suffer badly from them myself, not nice lying in a dark room for hours. Hope you feel better soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Housemate dryung her horse blanket in the kitchen tumble dryer.

Entire place stinks to high heaven of horse (mix of p1ss and sh1t )

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Took half day annual leave on Tuesday as a tradesman was to come to house to do a job for me. Also I have items for sale on a certain website and two people had agreed to buy items and collect them on Tuesday. None of the three showed up nor did they answer my texts or answer their phones when I called them. So so annoying. What is wrong with people that they can't let somebody know if they can't make it or have changed their minds. My holidays from work are so precious as I don't have so many. I'm this day and age of mobile phones and instant communication techniques have basic manners and consideration for others gone out the window.

Last week i had arranged to deliver some boys clothes to someone.She never showed.Sat there for half an hour.Not message or fb post did i get.I rang her twice.

Got home and got a half arsed excuse,cant be bothered.Just f=dropping the clothes to a charity tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I drove for 20 minutes today squinting in the glare because I couldn't find my sunglasses in the dashboard where they usually are.
    Got to my destination and my passenger got out.
    She hadn't realised that she had been sitting on them for the journey despite her looking around the footwell for me when we set off!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

meep wrote: »
    TA at people who insist on referring to any vehicle remotely resembling a 4x4 as a 'Jeep'. And it's a losing battle.

The Texaco in Cornelscourt has that for the car (by hand) wash
    "Cars E8, Jeeps E2 extra"
    Is a Nissan X-Trail E8 then, it's NOT a jeep??:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Rude people. No please, thanks or feck the bit out of them. Ok I'll just listen to your crap and I won't mind that you have ignored basic pleasantries.

• Advertisement

My achilles is giving me jip and I can't run :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

It would be great if all pups were chipped as standard.
    It came into law that as of 1st June 2015, all puppies have to be microchipped. You cannot sell/pass on a pup that hasn't been chipped. As of 31st March 2016, all other dogs have to be chipped. Failure to comply can lead to a €5,000 fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

My hayfever seems to be kicking off already this year. Balls. Going to be a long summer.

My achilles is giving me jip and I can't run :mad:

Best to rest it for a few days. Difene spray can be magic for this kinda stuff but it's prescription only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Having a hard time with labeling today, I see ppl rolling their eyes when I cant recall the name of a particular object at the time.

My sis parked outside her parents old house, causing two cars to break hard and miss rear ending each other by less that a cm, its a residential area, at any time a child, ball, pet or car can appear from a mature hedge or an invidiable drive way, so why drive in this manner and get upset because exactly why they are supposed to drive carefully happens.

Had a lovely biscuit cake when I was out having coffee with said sis, she had such trouble sending a text response, so sad to see a vibrant and otherwise healthy woman lose ground like this (typing since the mid 60's). TA, not so trival, progressing early dementia.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,314 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The severe overuse if the term "My thoughts and prayers are with..."

Let's break that down literally.
    When X died or had a bad illness did you actually take 2 minutes of your time to bless yourself and say a prayer for them?
    Did you spend any more thought time of them apart from when you uttered/typed that BS?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It came into law that as of 1st June 2015, all puppies have to be microchipped. You cannot sell/pass on a pup that hasn't been chipped. As of 31st March 2016, all other dogs have to be chipped. Failure to comply can lead to a €5,000 fine.

I hope the farmers comply, that'll take a while though imo.
    My TA was that some well meaning people are sometimes too quick in picking up (and putting up for adoption) dogs that are potentially somebody's pet, and I often get uneasy when I see lots of people posting "I'll take him" the morning after.
    Someone suggested the dogs should be chipped to avoid such situations, which is true, however, there are still older people who may have got the pup off their relative in the country, who have an un-chipped dog, don't know about or don't know how cheap chipping is, still let the dog wander by itself.

It's not right and thankfully things are changing, but in the meantime, the person being praised online has possibly plucked someone's only best friend from the green across their house.

Anyway, I won't go on about it anymore as the discussion side is OT here.

I have found another TA to mention though (less controversial!), and that's how I often seem to click the "love" emoji by accident when trying to like something on Facebook. And other fat fingers accidents on my Kindle. All. The. Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Insomnia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

A chugger tried to get my attention by shouting "Hey big guy!".

Now, I'm a little overweight and shorter than average so I don't know if that was a comment on my weight, an ironic remark on my height, or both, but either way

Fuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkkkkk yoooooouuuuuu!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

TA 36 this year though 115 is how I feel got really bad news in hospital today very serious condition developed in my leg and foot sarcoidosis I've already got nerve damage in my foot and very bad veins which are due to be removed from my leg in a couple of months, I need to talk about my situation with my gp and support team tomorrow and go back to hospital next week when my x ray results are back, ****ing life just keeps capping all over me but I'm still going about my routine maybe it's time to stop take a look at what's hammering me and try to fix these crazy things or find a film director to make a documentary about me I stead as my story needs to be told, life is one big trivial anoying trip would make a good title. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

My eyes are bigger than my belly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement